“Recommended hotel for family holidays”
Review of Royal Wings Hotel

Royal Wings Hotel
Ranked #2 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I was a guest in Royal Wings with my family in the period 11 – 22 June 2009. After our arrival, we received a room very quickly and during our check-in, we have been offered by a welcome drink with my wife by the hotel staff.

Hotel: The hotel is very modern, well maintained and extremely clean. The rooms a spacious and carpeted and everything was working properly (the fridge, TV, safe deposit box, water tap, telephone, air conditioner, elevators). The environment around the hotel is very clean, the plants are well gardened and everything looks very nice.

Accommodation: The room was very nice with a sea view. My son (12 yrs) had a separate bad and for my daughter (2 yrs) there was a baby cot. Hotel staff is welled trained and very friendly towards the hotel guests.

Food: ROYAL restaurant is very big (internal and external sitting area) and is very comfort which enables every time to find a good place to seat. We were usually sitting outdoor. The food is exceptional – very tasty and there is variety of choices. Along with the ROYAL restaurant, there are 4 a la carte restaurants – we visited the Italian one – very good food. Also we visited a Turkish tent where we tasted a Turkish specialty gomleze (kind of a Turkish pizza), snack bar where we usually had a light lunch near by the beach and food corners at the Amphitheatre where doner kebab, baked potatoes, deserts, fruits, pizza and ice cream were served during the day. Everything is very tasty, fresh and fancy served – so I have no complains on the food at all, which was served along with the drinks 24 hours a day.

Pools and beach: Pools are big and very nice. The water is clean and warm for swimming even for the babies. The beach is sandy and very clean as well. There are enough deck chairs and you can find a place for you, even if you come later. The usage of beach/pool towels is free of charge. The sliders at the back of the hotel are very funny and are well maintained.

Entertainment: The entertainment team performs shows during the whole day at different areas of the hotel and during the night they are having night shows at the Amphitheatre. The entertainment team is very friendly with the guests (especially with the children) and most of the people find them as interesting persons. Life music was played at the Pool bar, where people can listen a good music, dance and taste good cocktails and other drinks. Also, at the back of the hotel there is a fun fair, where children along with their parents were entertained. For the youngest, there is a mini club, which is adored by the kids.

Guests: Families with children were mainly guests at the hotel and I’ve noticed that mostly there were Dutch, Germans, English, Russians, Romanians and other nationalities. However, some of the Russians were rude.

Conclusion: I can freely recommend this hotel for a family holiday and I must admit that we were very sorry at the day when we checked out. So, definitely we will visit Royal Wings again, as it is a nice place to spend a great time there. We had a really good time at Royal Wings and we were all very happy for choosing it as our holiday destination in Turkey.

9  Thank GJSKP

Reviewed June 21, 2009

After reading many of the reports on here I can honestly say that I agree with many of you by saying what a fabulous hotel this really is. I will start with a couple of bad bits to make you aware of. The pool areas are VERY slippery. They look beautiful but the tiles are completely impractical. They get very hot and as soon as they have any water on them you slip on them whether wearing shoes or not. My little girl fell over grazing her chin. Also it is very rare to find a friendly member of staff. The bar and restaurant staff feel that it is a chore to serve you. Saying that there were a few people that couldn't do enough for you.
The entertainment team were great and the mini club was well run.
The food was amazing and catered for all. There was so much choice you never had to have the same thing twice!! The snack bars were lovely with the Kebab bar being the best!! The A La Carte restaurants were superb - staff excellent, food gorgeous and atmosphere amazing. The waterpark was so much fun - but it wasn't open all day long. The funfair was good too but that was only open in the afternoon and evening.
The rooms were lovely nice beds good storage and nice bathrooms. They were very clean and tidy. Maid service every day too! The only other grumble was that we were put on the 7th floor with a 2 yr old and the doors were very easy to open and there was no way of keeping them locked from the inside. All you had to do was move the handles and the doors unlocked. Bit of a worry but we baracaded the doors with items of furniture! Just something to be aware of. Another plus was that you had people walking round cleaning and tidying up which was refreshing keeping this beautiful hotel to the high standard that it deserves. All in all a fantastic holiday in a stunning hotel. Would definately recommend to anyone.

5  Thank BecciM
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Just arrived home after spending 2 weeks at royal wings with family and friends,im honest, polite and very truthful so i will start with my one and only moan! the staff at the bars can be quite miserable and can sometimes get on your nerves,and seem like we shouldnt ask for drinks! a smile wouldnt go a miss! the kids entertainment staff seemed fine.Well thats it,now one word WOW,hotel is stunning,foodis awsome lots and lots of bars open all day serving pancakes,fruit,ice creams,kebabs,everything! carnt go hungry,the al a carte resurants are great especially the chinese awsome,the kids loved it eating all day,Alcoholic drinks for the adults are available from lots of different bars spread around the pools ,beach,etc also could get as many drinks as you wanted in one go,great cocktails!Beach is great so clean and water is really warm,jetskis banana boats etc for extra charge,there is just to much to list from the arcade to the bowling ally to the cinema,were we watched the england game.Waterpark wow spent all day on slides,the go off at 12.30 till 2.30 ghlad to have a rest,all in all go and book it NOW!!!!

4  Thank lancsfamily
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My family and me visited this hotel last summer in June. We loved it. We had very nice stay. The hotel is perfect for families with small children. Rooms with sea view are recommended. Want to send my regards and thanks to the staff and management.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Royal Wings Hotel for me is the best hotel of Turkey,I love it......It has a wonderful view and it was very clean,the service was exellent.......The staff was great,I liked a lot the animator team,oh my god they were fantastic,I like to go soon in Royal Wings Hotel,becouse I had a wonderful,exellent,fantastic vacation with my family.......I'd never forget it,and I thought that Royal Wings Hotel is the dream of a lot of peoples..............I love ROYAL WINGS HOTEL and ANIMATOR TEAM of it.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank MegiZigana
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I cannot fault the staff at this hotel at all. Nothing was too much trouble. The setting of the hotel was great, lovely pool, nice gardens etc. Food was excellent. The al a carte resturants certainly surpassed out expectations. Our room was nice and clean, but as it was an end one the balcony was very small. In fact so small the two patio chairs had to remain stacked together as you couldn't fit two people on the balcony at any one time.

So my word of warning. Please be aware of the fact this holel has a fun fair and a water park that attracts families with very young children. Oh boy, was there some children! We found out later that it was the Russian school holidays. (make a note in your diaries - first week in June) We found it almost impossible to get away from the kiddi-winks, and their seemingly on-going screaming and general mayhem. I fully appreciate that many times the parents were a tad remiss at controlling their little darlings. so it's not fair to blame the hotel in any way. In fact I praise their staff for the control they showed in having to put up with some of the antics.

Soooooo, if you have a young family and want to "get in there" with others and have a good time - this is the place to be. But if you're a couple and want a more adult like "quiet" holiday............. first check which countries are having school holidays and avoid like the plague at those times.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank NorthLincsChikky
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We've never felt the need to write a review before but this place deserves the credit. This was our third all inclusive holiday in Turkey and, although the previous two were very good, this hotel was better in all respects. The hotel is modern, extremely well maintained and very well designed. The food was of a very high standard and the choice was amazing. The staff, with exception of the icecream girl, are incredibly friendly and can't do enough for you. The level of cleanliness is excellent throughout the whole of the hotel and grounds.

We stayed for the last ten days of May and, although the hotel was full, there was never a feeling of being crowded and there were plenty of bed chairs for everybody. Beware though, as the hotel operates a strict policy of no reserving beds before 9am and this is policed quite closely and items are removed.

The hotel is predominantly occupied by Germans and other nationalities (I would estimate 10 foreign:1 British), so if you are looking for a holiday to meet plenty of fellow Brits, this might not be the place for you. Our view is enjoy the hotel now before too many Brits come and spoil it. The downside of the German influence is that the evening entertainment is not really geared up for the British. However, there are plenty of other things to do throughout the complex and for families with young children, the small fairground keeps the children entertained.

There is not much outside of the hotel in Lara Beach and the prices are more expensive than other places we have visited in Turkey. Probably worth a trip into Antalya but be careful of the taxi prices (15 Euro out, 40 Euros to get back!!) We didn't bother as we just came to relax by beach and pool.

All in all this was a fantastic holiday, worthy of top marks and great value for the price that we paid. We will go back to Turkey soon and would definitely stay at Royal Wings again, although we would probably like to experience somewhere else as there appears to be a number of very similar hotels in Lara Beach.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family