“Fantastic family hotel”

Ranked #7 of 228 Hotels in Antalya
London, UK
“Fantastic family hotel”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was here with my husband and 2 kids, age 4 and 1. The hotel resort is great, our room was on the 9th floor with views to the pool. It was a good size with a bathroom and balcony . Swimming pool and space was good, for both adults and young kids... with lots of slides.. and a beach front. There were plenty of variety when it comes to food... my favourite was the chicken kebab during lunch times by the pool.
But what impress me the most was how clean the place was... from the hotel, to the beach, to the outside space by the pools.. the staff who maintains and service the hotels have done a great job!
I was happy for my kids to run around any where there in bare feet. Absolutely spotless.
They had enough entertainment for our kids, with kids club, and even a little fair ground and kiddie disco in the evening. As parents we were just happy to see our children having a good time in a safe environment. The hotel even had their own GP there, and of course a few shops.
I managed to have a lovely massage there at the spa, which I thought was great.
The only one thing I can complain a bout is the prices in the shop on the ground floor in the hotel. My husband out of convenience decided to purchase here a pack of pull up nappies (pack of 18) and swim pants (pack of 11) for our 1 year old here, these had no price tags.. but then how much can these cost right? Well he got to the till and as it got scanned, the cost was almost 50 Euros!!!!!!... So anyone who wants to get nappies, my advice is take the 5/10 minute walk to a local pharmacy or supermarket!
other than that, it's a great all inclusive family resort......

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Lillyvalley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Travelled to the Royal Wings in June for a 10 night stay. After staying at The Royal Dragon (also part of the Stone Group Hotels) two years ago we went with high expectations.
When we arrived as a group of 9 we were told that the adjacent pool view rooms (that we booked a year ago) were not available. The reception staff were not helpful at all and pretty much just told it was tough luck.
There ars some good points about the hotel, the rooms are cleaned everyday and are spotless as is all of the hotel interior. The pool area is large, and well maintained not spotless as we noticed empty cups were left by the pool the next morning from the day before. The beach is also spotless and the views are amazing.
The Food is the best part, the breakfast is nice, food through the day is faultless. snacks all day by the amphi bar (the pizzas and jacket potatoes are beautiful). Also the snack bar for a sit down meal as well as lunch in the main restaurant all top notch. There is plenty of choice for the evening buffet as well, and there is always something nice to eat.
We were disappointed at only being entitled to one a la carte trip during our stay. When we had stayed at the royal dragon two years ago we visited all four a la cartes. This is cost cutting by the management as you can visit as many a la cartes as you like at an additional cost of 12 euros per person.
The service was hit and miss, sometimes you could be sitting for 5 minutes in the piano bar or the main restaurant before your drink order is taken, but the staff work hard and apart from the reception staff on arrival were all friendly.
The entertainment was ok, had a show on every night at the amphi theatre, nothing like the michael jackson show or anywhere near the standard that we had two years ago. Just typical holiday entertainment, miss royal wings or cutest couple etc. Also a comedian that could only be watched by over 12's which is pretty ridiculous as most people that were their had children. There was very little to do at night times, but the water park and funfair are great for the kids.
So overall a good holiday, but going with high expectations was left disappointed. Food top notch, and hotel itself is beautiful, just missing the final touches to make it a 5 star. If we went back to Turkey again we would be visiting the Royal Dragon.

Room Tip: pointless as the room we requested we were not given.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank emjane88
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just returned from a two week stay and I must say it was fault less , From checking in to checking out . We had room 1843 and the views where breath taking !!!!
A big hello to the waiter Ibrahim he is a credit to The Royal Wings he loved my 3 year old son and my son loved him
If your thinking of booking do it you won't be disappointed !!!!!

If the management from royal wings read this can you tell Ibrahim who waiters on the evening that spencer says hello !!

Room Tip: Sea view is just beautiful !
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Kirsty M
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have just come back from the Royal Wings Hotel in Lara Beach Turkey. I have stayed in many top hotels but this was the best so far and I highly recommend this hotel if you like great pools,food unbelieveble and entertainment and wonderful attention by the staff who are most helpful. The only problem I found was that in their Arena for shows the seating was a bit hard but spoke with the general manager and head of entertainment and by next year they hope to get this changed to better seating which will be more comfortable. I will certainly be going back and as Ilked it so much maybe again in September. Check out the great magic show, he was superb.

Trevor Berger

Room Tip: You can get many types of rooms if you wish to upgrade from a standard room, but I found my room was...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank musicma63
cumbria
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start! Best hotel I have ever been too!!
The flight from Manchester was fab with thomas cook loads of legroom with our own seat back Tvs and a beautiful inflight meal! Very relaxing chilled out flight!!
On arrival at the royal wings we did find the reception staff abit unfriendly and not very interested in us arriving infact I don't think we even got a hello! The staff on reception seemed uninterested the whole time we were there but they were in the minority as the rest of the staff in the hotel deserved the 5star rating!!

We had a duplex family room on the 10th floor which was great, a twin room downstairs with full bathroom and upstairs a double bed with a small shower room and toilet! The only thing I would say is if you like sitting on your balcony on your holiday as I do then this is not the room for you! These rooms are in the roof of the hotel and only have a very small balcony which you can't see over when sat down!! Rooms were immaculate and very well presented and cleaned everyday! The mini bar was also restocked daily with beer pop and water which was great!

The food was amazing with soo much choice!! Breakfast wasn't my favourite as I got abit sick of eggs on toast after the 3rd day and I found myself eating pastries with custard filling for brekkie which I would never do! But hey your on your holidays!!! They were just soo yummy!!
The snack bars round the pool are great your could get kebabs, pizza, jacket potatoes, cakes, fruit, ice cream and waffles!! We also ate at the snack shack at the beach 3 times for lunch which was a nice change to buffet as it was waiter service but very relaxed and informal!
The meals at night were amazing!! Every night was a different theme with Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Turkish, fish and international nights all in 1 week! It's hard to choose my fave night but would probably say Chinese!! The standard of the food is brilliant and soo much to choose from! I didn't once struggle to find something to eat, if anything I struggled to find space in my tummy for all the food I wanted to try each night!! I'm also not much of a pudding person but the cakes were soo yummy I was having pudding every night! And as I said earlier sometimes for breakfast!!

The pool area and the hotel were always being cleaned the staff work non stop and it shows in how well presented the hotel is! Nothing is out of place!

We spent most nights before our tea outside on the terrace by the lobby bar, this was one of my favourite places around 6.30 as the sun just starts to go down and it looks out right across the hotel grounds, waitress service for drinks and they always bring you crisps and nuts to snack on!! Very relaxed and nice way to chill out before tea!!

After tea there's entertainment in the amphitheatre from 9.30 then everyone goes to the pool bar, we only went a couple of times to see the shows as we were with a 4 year old who wasn't interested in sitting watching entertainment! He was happy over at the pool bar playing on the dance floor with his new friends while we watched and sipped the cocktails!!
The waterpark for him
Is amazing so many different slides and the funfair is great also! I liked the fact it was away from the main pool as it have the sense of going out somewhere when visiting the water park, it made a change in the day. The beach also was great lots of shade and had a constant breeze which was a blessing! There was a bar on the beach where your could get a your drinks which was also included in the all inclusive. On the beach there is a royal wings watersports area where you can book Trips out or banana boats etc and all were reasonably priced!

I honestly can't recommend enough and have already looked at going back next year, thinking of trying the sister hotel the holiday palace but so scared I won't like it as much as royal wings!! Will defiantly be returning to the royal hotels chain thou!!! Miss it already!!!

Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Rach T
Baia Mare
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my wife from 26 june to 3 july.everything was very good.we had stayed in Lara at miracle and delphin palace,but here was better than that two.congratulation royal wings.entertainment team is number one!

• Stayed June 2014
Grangemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our first visit to Turkey from 8th/19th June. The Royal Wings hotel was recommended to us and we found it to be first class. I had requested a high floor room but,on arrival, was given a room on the second floor. Although it was a nice enough room we asked for a move and two days later we were moved to the sixth floor. This room was lovely with a double bed,single bed, seating area and a small but adequate balcony with a beautiful sea view.
The hotel is very nice, the grounds are fabulous with lovely, very well kept garden areas. The beach is immaculately maintained but my favourite area was the pool and the jetty at the beach. The pool is huge with lots of different areas catering for different guests' needs(kids pools, activity pool, quieter pool etc). Lots of sun beds and an amazing waitress on roller skates whizzing around with a full tray of soft drinks. The jetty is an area built from the beach to above the sea. Guests can lie on the sunbeds and watch all the water sports. Fabulous!
The food in the dining room is excellent, lots of choice, very fresh and beautifully presented. The food around the grounds is wonderful too. From the fruit bar to the coffee and cake bar, the kebabs and the pastries are all amazing. I liked the food in the Snack Shack near the beach, the soup was always lovely and the coffee was the best in the hotel. My husband and I booked the Turkish restaurant for our A la carte night. It was very nice with lots of tasters and very nice fruit at the end of the meal.
The all inclusive drinks were excellent, the cocktails very nice and lots of choice. The entertainment was very good,the team worked very hard to ensure the guests enjoyed themselves. The party night in the gardens was particularly good with good music, lots of cocktails and shots and everyone up for enjoying themselves!
Our holiday was wonderful..this is definately not our last.visit to Turkey.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple