“Amazing Holiday”

Ranked #6 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
northampton
“Amazing Holiday”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

7 of us went to this hotel for 2 weeks we aged from 54 to 6 years the rooms were spotless with a mini fridge which was stocked daily, the bathroom had shower gels, shampoo conditioner and bbody lotion. we had slippers left for us in the room which was nice touch, the snack bars throughout the day was really good always something to eat, everyone loved the waterpark.
we would defiantly go back to this hotel the staff are amazing.

Room Tip: our room was 1643 and had a amazing view of the pools
5 Thank mexico149

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
newcastle
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is fab you cant fault it, had a lovely sea view room for only £28 more with thomas cook, i booked my own transfers with sun transfers for a private taxi was half the cost of transfers with t cook, hotel has plenty to do through the day however on an evening it is just a piano bar (for relaxing) and the diddy disco from 12-2am, food is nice plenty of it we found a great beach snack bar on the 2nd last day fab burgers and chicken same as KFC as the restaurant we found was always the same food just in a different sauce. The resort is so so boring this place is only for people who like to stay in a hotel and do absolutely nothing all day and night, we got the bus into Antaly as we were told there is bars there but it cost 92 lira for 4 vodkas and 1 small beer, it is far to expensive as they know that people will pay this to get out the hotel, also we were recommended a bar 10 mins walk from hotel called NEXXT to watch the footy, this was very expensive too, shops you can only haggle them down by 5 or 10 lira nothing like Gumbet, Bodrum, Icmeler, Olu deniz so only go here if you dont want to spend a penny or go out of the hotel. Beautiful clean towels and linen everyday, mini bar every morning and cleaners too. 6 lifts, 10 floors. Great water park where we seemed to be everyday as i had 4 teens with me they enjoed this part through the day however they were in bed by 10 at night as they were bored once the ampi theatre entertainment was finished there was nothing for them. ! week is enough here or you will be bored to death! we went april 19th and the weather was unreal it was in the 30's every day, the lowest was 29.

Room Tip: sea view is worth the extra £28 defo
2 Thank slugga1978
Bury
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here in April 2013 and had a wonderful holiday.
The hotel is high rise and not normally my sort of resort but I knew this when I booked it and just wanted an all inclusive sun holiday.
This is something I normally hate (especially buffet food). However I have to say the hotel was 4 star but the food was 5 star, it really was amazing.
The area was the only part that let it down for me as it had quite an ugly beach. The pools were cold in April but the children still enjoyed them. The waterpark was great for them and all free.

If you want a cheap all inclusive holiday with good food and drink this is for you.
If however you like a picturesque bay in real Turkey then this is not for you.

The children will love it.

1 Thank toizz
teeside
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just got back from royal wings Antalya with my family and I have to say its the most fantastic place I've ever been we are very fussy about cleanly ness and good food but this place was just amazing the food is incredible and the hotel was absolutely spotless I've never met staff that are so friendly and helpful nothing was a problem there is some were to eat and drink 24/7 .if your thinking of going just go and book up and I promise you will love it .we are all going back in a few months

Room Tip: The top floor rooms all have an upstairs with its own on suit
1 Thank ged_cunningham
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The title might be slightly unfair but it should warn travellers to put everything in the safe. I took my striaigtners and used them on day one of the holiday, I left them in the room, they are electric so no point taking them out. Day 8 I wanted to use them again and they were gone. I packed my things hoping that they would be found. I reported this to reception and the Thomas Cook rep but their attitude was that as I didn't know which day they were taken that they could not do anything about it. They seemed to miss the point that someone had gone into my room and taken my property, no apology nothing. I wrote to Thomas Cook when I got back and I have waited to see if I get any response from the hotel or Thomas Cook but I have not even had the courtesy of a response. The straighter cost £90. I can just go and buy another pair but there are others that could not so easily afford to do so and its creepy that someone has gone thought my stuff and took the most valuable thing in the room that was not in the safe. I couldn't seem to get the hotel staff to understand the seriousness of the matter and they obviously have not taken it seriously as they have not contacted me about it since my return home. Thomas Cook is appalling they have not responded at all.

The room was of a good standard and was kept very clean, in fact the whole hotel was kept to a high standard of cleanliness.

The hotel itself only had entertainement on a Sunday Wednesday and Friday in the Piano Bar which was a group and singer, this was good and popular but only available three days each week, The animation team did a show every night, all I can say is they did their best and it was amusing but only lasted 45 mins.

There was no other entertainment at all for adults except the Giddy Disco. This disco went on from about 12 until 2, they played the same tunes each night very high base under some decent tracks which spoiled it as you had the same base on every tune. Although the disco was a good size.

The cinema was on once a week for an hour and a half. not sure what was on as the day we went down it said the day had changed so we had missed it.

The pools were again very clean and pool areas were kept clean with waiter service coming around regularly. Loads of sunbeds but it was low season so it might not be the same in summer. We saw cleaners cleaning the sunbeds on the beach and round the pools and keeping the place clean all of the time.

The staff were lovely, everyone was friendly and helpful. The bar staff remembered your drinks and were all pleasant. The drinks were numerous, you could have some imported spirits such as Smirnoff vodka. Large range of cocktails on offer including those with whipped cream on top. The unfortunate thing was they made some with long life milk and they would have been nice if the milk had not been so warm, they need to keep it in a fridge, not everyone has ice due to sensitive stomachs. I had to ask for smaller measures in my glass as they were putting so much alcohol in the drinks that it stopped them tasting nice, you only needed two drinks to get drunk as they were so strong it took the enjoyment out of it and there seemed a lot of waste.

The indoor pool was a bit odd, there was one shower in the corner but you had to go out of the pool area to find toilets, there seemed a distinct lack of toilets for such a large hotel including the pool area only two toilets and no toilet near the beach area. Again all toilets etc. were very clean.indoor pool was small and freezing cold, not even just the cold you can get used to once you are in, absolutely freezing. The spa treatments were very expensive so we did not try them, One really good thing was that no one pushed the treatments or the beach activities, staff asked as you walked past if you were interested and left it at that, or if you were on the beach could come over and ask but did not linger, I have found in other hotels that there seems some pressure to buy but that is not the case at this hotel.

The food was not good . I have stayed all inc several times but I found this time that the meat all seemed the same, it was all the same texture and colour whether lamb or turkey. The only time tthis changed was when they had a roast which was carved in front of you. No idea what was in the 'chicken' nuggets or the meatballs which were available everyday but were awful. There was always a variety of stews or casseroles but they all were bland and again the meat was all a bit odd.

I ended up eating just toast for two days as I just couldn't bring myself to try the meat again. There is pasta that you can have just tomato sauce on. The Mexican night they had nice spicy potato wedges and for me to say after 9 days that this was the best food gives you a good idea.

If you eat salad you would be very happy with the choice. I must say that I do not eat cheese so that excluded me from the hot breads and pizza which is always available. They had a separate kiddy area with smaller tables that was good but then the animation team would walk the kids round the whole dining room chanting and I just thought this was stupid with people carrying hot food and drinks around, an accident waiting to happen.

There was 24 hour food the all night bar opened at 12 until 7am it was next to the all night food which was chips, meatballs, chicken nuggets, salad etc.

No kettles allowed in rooms but coffee available from bars, restaurant 24 hours. The patisserie was ok for a ham roll and a snack cake. most of the cakes tasted the same and had the same texture but they did do some fruit tarts and chocolate éclairs which were good. ice cream stall only open twice in nine days but lovely ice cream. Kebabs and pancakes, waffles available in stalls out by pool during the day. Breakfast was what you make of it, they fry eggs hot to order so egg on toast is great, they also do omelettes but they need to cook them a bit more really, the selection of bread etc was good.

If you want to go to sunbathe and sit about doing nothing this is the holiday for you. I needed more entertainment well some entertainment it was so boring. All of the guests were saying the same about the food and about the lack of entertainment so it isn't just me moaning. There were a lot of older people in the hotel and I think it was good for them. Nothing in local area to do unless you want to pay for excursions or activities on the beach

In summary, nice clean hotel, nice staff, good bar, bad entertainment, food not great. If they improved the food, got some entertainment and your stuff was safe in your room it would have been very good, a lot of it was very good but here you have it good and bad. Yes the hotel was 5 star but the food and entertainment let it down. Beds a bit hard

Room Tip: It is very noisy in the hotel above the piano bar and you can hear the disco until 2am and all noise...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ah66
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed April 27, 2013

What a wonderful, wonderful week!

I can't speak highly enough of the staff and the whole quality of the experience, even though we didn't get the whole hotel experience in mid-April our holiday wanted for nothing.
Royal Wings was spotless and stress free from start to finish.

The pools and gloriously well designed garden had something to suit everyone and the lounges and facilities took care of everyone's needs even on the odd cloudy day!

Of the 20 or so 5 star Turkish hotels I have visited this was probably my overall favorite!

Only one small room for improvement I could suggest... The idea of only being able to select one a la carte was per week was disappointing. Other hotels in this category definitely gave more variety for free in this area.

That said, when the whole family has a first rate holiday it would seem churlish to make more of this than deserved.

Royal Wings definitely deserves its 5 stars with ease!

Room Tip: Some larger families had 2 storey maisonette rooms which were very swanky but I must say our "...
2 Thank swissinquirer
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at the Royal Wings hotel from the 15.04 to 23.04. The hotel is absolutely fantastic, very clean, amazing food and the staff are fantastic - no job is too much for them. Cant wait to go back next year!!!

• Stayed April 2013