“A perfect holiday...even in mid season!”
Review of Royal Wings Hotel

Royal Wings Hotel
Ranked #5 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Lucerne, Switzerland
“A perfect holiday...even in mid season!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

What a wonderful, wonderful week!

I can't speak highly enough of the staff and the whole quality of the experience, even though we didn't get the whole hotel experience in mid-April our holiday wanted for nothing.
Royal Wings was spotless and stress free from start to finish.

The pools and gloriously well designed garden had something to suit everyone and the lounges and facilities took care of everyone's needs even on the odd cloudy day!

Of the 20 or so 5 star Turkish hotels I have visited this was probably my overall favorite!

Only one small room for improvement I could suggest... The idea of only being able to select one a la carte was per week was disappointing. Other hotels in this category definitely gave more variety for free in this area.

That said, when the whole family has a first rate holiday it would seem churlish to make more of this than deserved.

Royal Wings definitely deserves its 5 stars with ease!

Room Tip: Some larger families had 2 storey maisonette rooms which were very swanky but I must say our "...
2 Thank swissinquirer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at the Royal Wings hotel from the 15.04 to 23.04. The hotel is absolutely fantastic, very clean, amazing food and the staff are fantastic - no job is too much for them. Cant wait to go back next year!!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Cathgav84
Keswick, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

very enjoyable .my daughter and i went with my friend and his son.the hotel inside and out was very clean .bit disappionted not all restuarants were open .italian was very good(dont eat to much too early as theres alot to get through).all staff were friendly .we gave tips and recieved lots extra .(pint glasses in arcade bar).
my big issue were the shops outside( which for turkey arent cheap)this is where i visited on 2nd day and looked round on leaving i said id be back and the shop owner said he,d do a good deal i returned with my 11 y o daughter we tried some tops and picked out 3 the man wanted 180tl (£60)i said too expensive . i said 100tl he came down to130 and i said 125 he wouldnt deal so i said thankyou .as i got up he started calling me and swearing and said keep out my shop . i walked down the road to the cashpoint as i walked past him i said you upset my daughter and if you hadnt been nasty i would of came and bought those tee shirts .he was being nice as possible .i said enough was enough and walked on .he started following me shouting and swearing .
for the rest of the holiday my daughter wouldnt go past his shop.
i suppose this has affected part of my review of the hotel which was really good .
the VOYAGE BELEK is still the best hotel ive been too in turkey

Room Tip: ask for sea view
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My family has just come back from a superb 10 night stay at the Royal Wings Hotel. Its the 1st time we have done an "all inclusive" with our children (3 & 8) and we couldn't have asked for more. The food was very good, staff (especially the animations team) and service excellent and rooms very clean with maid service daily. Our 3 yr old loved the mini club where the staff were superb in keeping the kids entertained. Our 8 yr old had made other friends and kept himself busy in the pool, water park, fair ground & games room. If I had to give a negative comment, it would be difficult, but would say both the indoor and outdoor pools were a touch on the cold side but that is to be expected of an outdoor pool at that time of year. The spa provided various treatments and the sports massage I had was extremely good. Definitely worth a visit and we will be sure to go back.

Room Tip: We booked a duplex family room which cost a bit extra but on arrival found it wasn't suitable fo...
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just returned yesterday after a week with my wife and 4 year old son. Expected a great stay and got exactly that. Food immense,rooms spotlessly clean,staff professional,immaculate and happy to help. Only downside was that the pools were very cold(i'd leave a visit until later in the year next time)and that the mini-disco was very German orientated(not much in English). You can eat and drink for 24 hours a day if that's your thing. Would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Higher room less noise from bars.
1 Thank David T
West Midlands
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Me and my 14 year old daughter spent a week here mid April staying on the 6th floor overlooking the pool area. We had never been to Turkey before and weren't sure what to expect. The hotel is on a long road of 5 star hotels and it was one of the most clean places I've ever stayed in abroad.Our room and all round the hotel was absolutely spotless. There was plenty of food choices tho I'm a vegetarian and it wasn't great for me but I never expect a lot of choice anyway. The pool is a great size and I imagine will be a great draw when the weather and water hots up as the water was a bit cold mid April. There was loads of activities going on all day and there really was something for everyone, we played tennis a couple of times, table tennis most days as well as chilling around the pool.
Make sure you visit the turkish tent... the freshly made chocolate pastries are divine!!
There was entertainment on every evening although the turkish sense of humour is rather different to ours!!
There were a couple of downsides tho... the wifi is non existent except in the lobby area where there are 12 chairs!! Trying to get internet access around 8 in the evening was almost impossible and was much better in the afternoon. I wasn't really fussed but a teenager wanting to facetime her friends back home was a bit miffed!!
Something really daft got me annoyed on the last day tho....we checked out at midday but our coach was picking us up at 7. This wasn't an issue as we could use all the hotels facilities, restaurants and bars all day until the coach came (obviously great). So,we handed our door key in and was then asked for our towel cards (you are given 1 towel card each and you exchange these for a towel each day and when you return your towel you get your card back ready for the next day). So, by handing in our towel cards we couldn't have a towel for the day... I said I'd like to have a towel each for the day as the coach not coming till 7 and was told I could have a towel in exchange for MY PASSPORT !!! I thought this was a little over the top (I wasn't giving anyone my passport to anyone, especially not 7 hours away from needing it!!) Alternatively, I could pay 10 euros each and have a towel... It just seemed absolutely bonkers to me that I could eat all their food and drink all their drink but couldn't have a towel (as I could possibly have nicked it on the last day!!). Needless to say I ended up with no towel (matter of principle..) and it put a bit of a blot on an otherwise great holiday

Room Tip: The higher up the better
2 Thank milliemonkey
Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hi all, just had a week at Royal Wings with my wife and two daughters, we had two rooms on the fourth floor (overlooking the road and shopping mall) 1130 & 1132, ask for "Sea Rooms" as quieter and the views are stunning, also do not go on the low levels if possible as can be quite noisy, with noise from the reception areas and lobby and bar areas.
First time to Turkey (so novice) but hotel lovely, is in a row of 5*+ hotels all stunning to look at, very stylish hotels.
Our rooms were quite large and spotlessly clean, but as our rooms faced the road, could be noisy sometimes, my wife asked me did i hear the music playing early in the mornings, but as we were drinking at the bar most nights, only noticed this on the Friday morning the day before we were leaving, this was "The call to prayer" being a muslim country and the Mosk is nearby, LOL!
We were there at the begining of easter 30th of March to 6th of April, so all of the bars and poolside restaurants were not open and the maintenance team were getting these ready for the coming season, should be great by now as they were just opening them up.
Food & Drink, plentiful 24 hours a day if you needed it, you have to spend a few minutes going around the restaurant, as the food is over several areas, but you can always find something of good quality to eat. (No British fry up breakfast), but plenty to eat and breakfast runs from 7am to 11am for late risers.
Cakes and desserts are in abundance and you can get kebabs, sandwiches, pancakes and pizza throughout the day, waiters are very efficient and all of the staff were very polite and friendly. Do not waste time going to "A La Cart" as same food served on theme nights in main restaurant throughout the week and more choices.
Entertainment! Hmmm very European and sometimes very funny, the team also double up by doing all of the daily sports with the guests, so are working long hours, even dancing and mingling after the shows which are only about 45 minutes to 1 hour, so not very long, the magic act was brilliant.
Shopping, shops abound at this resort and if you are in to fashion and clothing you will love this area, but you must haggle in every shop to get the best prices, alternatively get the "Dolmus" buses outside in to town, abouy £1.30 each for markets and even more shops.
Overall very nice hotel, we are going back in October, to another hotel just down the road, all 5*+ you are spoilt for choice.
Eddie / Sue and Girls

Room Tip: Ask for Sea views and above the fourth floor, as not so noisy and views are stunning over the sea an...
10 Thank Eddie G