“Amazing Vacation”
Review of Royal Wings Hotel

Royal Wings Hotel
Ranked #2 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This sums up all aspects of our Royal Wings Hotel experience.

The Hotel – Very large modern hotel. There are 3 bars on the main floor with plenty of chairs and couches to sit. When the weather was sunny we went on the large deck which has a great view of the beach. One of these bars had live music on most evenings to get you in the holiday mood which was enjoyable. There are also the 2 la carte restaurants (Turkish & Italian) As well as the lunch& snack bar.
Down stairs you had the main restaurant, disco, a few shops, bowling, video game area, small movie theatre, internet station, gym, pool and spa. All the games, bowling and internet were overpriced but we still had a game or two. The spa we did not try the spa but I have to say the gym was well equipped and had with free towels and bottled water.
Since it was winter a lot of the things outside were not open (water park, outside food, basketball court etc) the pools were far too cold to swim in but they had a pretty design with bridges you took to get to the beach. They did have the Turkish tent up which made fresh personalized pizza during lunch hours. The beach was also lovely to walk along, if you enjoy reading in a deck chair there were about 100 to choose from.

The Room- It was a nice size with modern furnishings; it had large beds, dresser, big closet, TV, fridge, small couch, safe and desk. Good point was that the fridge was always re filled with beer and water. Bad points the TV was a bit dated so the picture quality was not amazing and there is only BBC news in English. Also the beds were VERY uncomfortable, I had to sleep with pillows and couch cushions on the bed which was very awkward. The view was also a letdown (views of the mall and the closed water park) but I guess plus side was it was quiet.

The Food- There was plenty of variety even for the picky eaters. They had themed food nights, which meant some dishes changed but pretty much the food stayed the same. It was good though which was a big plus since we were there for 2 weeks. We got one free visit to each la carte restaurant. The Turkish one was a bit disappointing; funny enough I have had better Turkish food back home. It was not bad just not that good either. The Italian restaurant however was amazing, the food and service was outstanding I highly recommend. I will say to eat light through the day if you book in for a meal at either of the restaurants, I felt like I had to be rolled out they had so many courses and such big portions.

The Drinks- All the drinks looked very colourful, decked out with tropical garnishes, fancy straws ... the works. However they tasted pretty bad. I ended up ordering sparkling wine and orange juice the whole trip. To be fair I don’t drink much so my opinion may not be great, I will say one thing though, and they did not skimp on the measures the drinks were strong enough to get a horse drunk. My partner loved the beer (has men do) and drinks were available 24 hrs a day depending which bar you went to so this would keep most people happy.

The Entertainment – animation was on most nights of the week, dancing, comedy etc which were very good. During the day the animation team would hold provide group games which were fun. I would especially like to thank Volkan from the animation team who went above and beyond to make sure we had such a great time on our holiday, Thank you!!

Although we went in the winter the hotel delivered a great holiday. I know during the summer they charge about £1000 week so really we got our moneys worth x100. It was a great experience; I would return as well as recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxing vacation with great service!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach and a high floor for the view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank C L
There are newer reviews for Royal Wings Hotel

Reviewed December 6, 2012

First time in this hotel. Nice facility and it is more for vacation than being there alone for business.
Price is " all included" very convinient. The problem is the slow of the Wi Fi in the room. Very clean.
Meals are open buffet and very good .
Service and kindnes of staff is great.

Stayed: December 2012
7  Thank Itain
Reviewed December 6, 2012

hi was at the royal wings 10th nov to 24th hav to say this was one of the best holidays hav had in turkey(been a few) ..the hotel was very clean,staff were very nice and attentive allways asking you if you wanted drinks refilled,staff in dining area were smart and efficent. The food was excellcent allways a good selection at every meal.the, weather was good a few cloudy days plenty of time spent on sunlounger was great cant fault the hotel was my first time in lara beach wont be the last the only downside to overall holiday was thomas cook 6.5hrs delay getting to turkey they gave plane to fuerteventura passengers who were 5hrs late so we had a longer delay never again with thomas cook but didnt spoil holiday

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank john195066
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Okay, I need to qualify this one pretty well, so let's start with the good points:

Pros:
1. Rooms are clean and of a good size. We were upgraded to family room for our family of 4, and we had plenty of room over 2 levels.

2. Staff are friendly. I don't buy the reviews that complain about other nationalities. The fact is that there are many German tourists. Just as any good business person, they cater to their clientele. That said, I'm not German... I speak English and French, are tried my best Turkish while I was there, and never had issues with any staff member. If you're looking for someone to speak to you in your language perfectly just as they do at home... then you should stay home.

3. Hot food is fine. I'm not going to go out and say they it's gourmet or anything, but it's serviceable and sometimes tasty. No issues here.

Cons:
1. Air conditioning in the rooms. Seems that reviews are flip-flopping on this one. I believe that air conditioning works... but is probably turned off for the winter by the time November rolls around. Guess what? We stayed in November. So, we had no air conditioning and we could have used it.

2. Again due to the fact that it was November, the water was freezing cold! Now, I understand that RW can't do anything about the Mediterranean, but they could easily extend their season by heating the pool. We, instead, found ourselves swimming at their indoor (heated) pool despite it being beautiful and 25ish degrees out. Yes, we were doing the same thing that we could have done in a hotel in our own city.

3. Wave pool, ferris wheel, etc area - was closed due to the season.

I guess what I'm saying here is that the hotel has the possibility of being a really nice place in the summer given that it's got nice rooms, nice staff, and decent food. Unfortunately, for November, it did nothing for us at the price that it cost. Fair value for November, based on the other hotels that we stayed at during our trip to Turkey, would be about 50 euros less per night than what we paid. At that price, the lack of amenities as listed above could have been forgiven.

On a side note... a curiosity at check-in is the requirement to provide all passports in your group to be scanned. I stayed at two other hotels in Turkey during this trip, and did not experience it anywhere else, leading me to believe that this is a RW policy. Assuming that this is the case, I fail to understand the purpose. It doesn't take a lot of time or anything... I just hate purposeless bureaucracy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
16  Thank TheCann0n
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Felt after reading the last review I had to say something. The hotel is the best.

Rooms: very clean, free safe, mini bar air con that does work, tv with only a couple of english channels but so what your in holiday. Our air con did leak one day due to the fact we left it on and must say the service from the maintanance team was fantastic, they even repainted the ceiling whilst we was out.

Food main resturant: food was fantastic probably too much choice to be fair, themed nights every other night. So when i read people putting they couldnt find anything i see this as they couldnt be bothered to look!!!

Snack bars by the pool were great kebebs, sandwiches, fruit, pizzas, cakes, ice cream etc.

Entertainment. The animation team were great involved you in everything (those who wanted to enjoy there holiday and not be boring that is ) the night time entertainment was very good.when the acts came in from the outside. The garden party was out this world.

All in all I would reccomend this hotel to anyone and if your reading this dont listen to all the negative comments you will not be let down.

• Stayed: September 2012
17  Thank richwint
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Not long returned from 1 week at the Royal Wings and could not wait to get home !
The food served in the main restaurant is horrendous my 9 yr old had to eat plain pasta every night for a week ! Lunchtime food outside is fine especially the restaurant by the sea ... Eat plenty there as you won't want what's on offer for dinner unless you like cake where your options are limitless.
Don't expect to get waiter service around the bars if you are English, or any service in fact.
Bring your own entertainment. You won't be experiencing any at the royal wings or learn Russian/German so you can watch the tv in your room, that's if u can breathe in the room as the air con does not work.
Ask your holiday rep to speak with staff if you need anything especially a late check out. We had a 4 am flight and were told no rooms available,by this point I had flu and my child had sickness and diorriah, told no rooms available funny when the rep asked there were 4.
The water park is great, keep eyes on your children there are guards at the top of the slides but not around the pools.
Your money could be better spent. I would definetely not recommend this hotel. I personally would pay the extra and stay at a first choice holiday vlllage at least you are guaranteed a good holiday. Decent food and entertainment.
There are many good reviews on here for this hotel hence why I booked, and I have never felt the need to write a review but I would not want anyone to waste there hard earned money and be as disappointed as we were on our holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012
9  Thank Ch1108
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just back from RW last week. Our first time there. Lovely hotel. Very professional staff. Very clean rooms.

We found the RW to be a good place to relax and enjoy some winter sunshine, even though we had one day of rain, apparently this is unusual.

Food is of a high standard and really delicious. Plenty of variety and good choice of alternative restaurants. Only downside was that as it is Nov and a bit windy, we were unable to eat outside later in the week and the restaurant was very hot. Air conditioning could be a bit cooler.

Thank you RW for a great holiday.

Room Tip: Request a high floor with rear view - stunning sea views
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple