“Best beach in Antalya”

Ranked #15 of 141 things to do in Antalya
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Approximately 10 miles east of the city proper you’ll find the second of the two closest and most popular beaches of Antalya. Lara Beach is a blue flag beach, which is the European category for exceptionally clean beaches and clear water.
London
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Best beach in Antalya”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Not the best of beaches but the best beach in Antalya. The sand is quite coarse and not great for building sandcastles! It's also quite dirty and I'm not sure if it gets cleaned regularly.

However, the sea is warm, shallow and calm enough for small children. It's not very tidal so no rip currents to worry about. There are good changing and shower facilities and a BBQ / Park area. There are free sunbeds but bring your own umbrella. Met some really nice Turkish people here. Very friendly and chilled.

Visited August 2012

Doncaster, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nexxt Bar Lara Beach”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

There are not many Bars at Lara beach, outside of the hotel complex, One Bar we did find and would recommend was the Nexxt bar, if your looking to watch sport the bar owner Mevlut, really nice man, will help you out, really good staff and am looking foreward to another cold beer and meeting old friends again.

Visited September 2011
7 Thank Gary3911
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“LO0KS EXPENSIVE!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed in lots of different resorts in and around Antalaya,but this is the premier location.All the Hotels are 5* plus and with some theme to them.The beach is quite sandy ,but a little stoney on the shoreline.There is all your watersports at various locations and each hotel has it's own jetty or mini-pier.There is a fantastic view of the mountains with snow on the top whilst you are sunbathing.Half way up there is a clearing with no hotels and the locals come and fish off the shore here.

Visited April 2012
4 Thank robertpannell
Bolton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fab,chilled, beach day out. But don't stay in all inclusive hotels.”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

After a hearty meal just outside Antalya,We drove down to Lara beach and spent a chilled afternoon swimming and sun bathing. A,cheap-to-rent sunbed and the near-by bar is all we required. Other beach activities are well catered for. We will be doing the same again this year. I wouldn't dream of staying in one of the near-by All inclusive (sterile!) hotels.
Instead,prefering to buy a flight and rent a villa privately,its far cheaper. Go and see some of the country and make your own way there.There's lots to see and do around Antalya. Get amongst the people.Learn to say "hello"and "thanks",inTurkish. You only live once !

Visited August 2011
7 Thank Rob G
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Toysland - Lara Beach Shopping Mall - AVOID”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

This morning we decided to have a break from the pool and took a short walk to the nearby mall in Lara Beach - the place is mainly full of designer clothe retailers, but they also have a toy store on the basement level. Unless you want to be insulted and I presume suspected of theft, do not go here!

On entering the shop the proprietor came over and stood by my 4 year old who was looking at the toys, he then proceeded to follow us around the store without saying a word (I presume he thought we were going to steal something?!). I asked if the prices were in Lira or Euro as they just had numbers on the toys... e.g. a Transformer toy with a label stating "48" - I presumed it was Lira as the equivalent in the UK would be around £6-£8. To my amazement he said Euro and pointed towards the door saying to go to market if I want to barter.

So, approx £40 for a £6-£8 toy!!!

I thought maybe he had misunderstood, so I asked again...he then approached me, glared at me and pointed to get out of the store - "this is Toysland not market, what is your problem?"

We left immediately - As you can imagine, this upset my little boy.

My advice to you - unless you want to get insulted and ripped off AVOID this store at all costs.

We went to another smaller store in a group of shops and bought toys all reasonably priced in Lira and no, we didn't have to barter!

Visited September 2011