“A big disappointment”
Review of Villa Perla

Villa Perla
Ranked #63 of 221 Antalya B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Ate in the restaurant here - the garden setting is lovely and the service is perfectly nice but the food is rotten. Over priced for some really below average cooking. I had the meze selection which was like a supermarket dip selection, and the calamari which was a pretty mean portion of grease with a heavy garlic sauce. Bit disappointed by dinner, worst meal in turkey of a two week holiday!

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We did not stay at this hotel but we ate at the Restuarant. The atmosphere is absolutely beautiful, sitting in a courtyard around a pool with dim romantic lighting. The staff were very kind and service was fine but the food was pretty bad. I would give it a lower rating but I am giving it an average because the food was average of what we had in this area ( all equally pretty bad and expensive in comparison to other restuarants in Turkey).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We arrived at Villa Perla restaurant at 8.50PM to dine. It is in the old city of Antalya in a very nice small street with several good restaurant nearby.
We decided to dine in Villa Perla because the menu outside was interesting and location is very nice.

When we sit we received the menu and we asked some advice to a nice and professional woman (I suppose the owner of Hotel Resort and Restaurant). She gave us good information about dishes and some advice.

After 3 minutes a very unpolite man (he is the bold waiter...you can read about him in other reviews as well) asked if we were ready to order.

We asked for dishes that the owner suggested few seconds before, but he replyed that was to late and the only things available were from the grill.
I replyed that was not late (9.00PM in Antalya, in August!!!) and that few seconds before the same dishes were available. Unforunatelly he firmly said again that only fish from the grill was availble.

Given that we said goodbye and we spend our dinner in another restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dsurue
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We didn´t stay at the hotel, but had dinner there one night.
They have a small patio restaurant. The atmosphere is enthralling and the food pretty good, but the service was awful... and I mean it. We also had troubles to have our credit card accepted because they "prefere cash". Not worth it at all. Much better places around for the same value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

A horrible and very rude service at the restaurant's hotel, we didn't stay one more second !
No advice, a very impolite person yelled at us to take one meal instead of what we have chosen on the menu. So very disappointing, we'll never go there again! We tryied on the same night another restaurant, Vanilla, where the food was fantastic and the waiters very helpful and polite, It turned out that it was n 1 restaurant in antalya according to tripadvisor !!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank -_-Black__Bird-_-731
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We ate two times at the restaurant next door (Vanilla Lounge, excellent!), seeing the garden at Villa Perla as we passed by we decided to try it out. The lady at the door was nice and welcoming, but coming inside we started to get funky vibes from this place. The tablecloth was stained with torn holes. The place had a smell, maybe coming from the small pool. The head waiter (owner?) an elderly bald man was a bit strange in his behaviour. My gf ordered beafcut (written like this in the menu) and I ordered the Mixed Grill, the most expensive on the menu @ 39TL. The meat on my plate: lamb, chicken and beef had the texture of a shoe sole. My gf´s "beef" the same, it was problematic to cut it with the knife. She ordered Sprite to drink, but got some pirate softdrink. The mushrooms which she didnt eat was cold. Leaving 1/3 not eaten made the junior waiter roll his eyes as he cleaned the table. The junior waiter came back from the kitchen, chewing on some food while he gave the leftovers to a poodle laying outside the kitchen. Deciding to take dessert another place, we tried to call upon the head waiters attention. He kept ignoring me while he tried to get more guests into his garden. The lady at the door came by and I asked for the bill, then some seconds later the head waiter came and asked if there were problems. I told him to get the bill for me. We left, glad this wasnt the last day of the vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BravoFox
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Villa Perla is one of those restaurants where you visit and it will always stick in your mind. We visited this restaurant on our second night... very close within the old town, we were greeted at the entrance by a rather wonderful delightful character. The owner i think!! was so welcoming and took time out to get to know his customers.

The surrounding and scenery was marvelous... this restaurant laid within a small hotel and so we ate whilst among orange trees and a swimming pool.. it was a very romantic restaurant and my partner and I really enjoyed being there.

Service was top class... food was delicious... we went for a big plate of Turkish meze followed my lamb.... lamb was cooked very well , succulent moist and tasty!! ... I could not stop eating their warm fresh bread!! i think i had almost the whole basket to myself!!!!

If you visit Antalya,you must pass by Villa Perla, i can assure you that you will not be disappointed!!even if you went for a drink its so worth the visit!!! you will find the staff great company!!! i was very impressed!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple