“Great course. Shame about the marshals.”
Review of National Golf Club

National Golf Club
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great course. Shame about the marshals.”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This course was a great holders course and in excellent condition, however, our whole experience was marred by the overall course management. On arrival with a tee time of 8.08 we were told that we should tee off 20 mins early due to being booked in the middle of a 28 person party. This I don't complain about, but why book our tee time in the middle in the first place?? The issues we had with course were as follows: we tee'd off the first and by the 2nd green we were told to try to close the gap on the group in front , not a problem. We preceded to play with usually whilst we were teeing off the group in front would be putting out. But no one teeing off to the rear of us, this was the case throughout our round. We were harrassed at virtually every other hole with the Marshall saying "I need you to try and speed up". I would understand if we were holding play up but this was never the case. Instead we looming over the group in front which was not our intention. This attitude by the Marshall was completely un called for with his requests often being made
whilst someone in our group
was teeing off. The constant pressure really spoilt our round. We completed the round in just under 4 1/4 hours which was actually 15 mins in front of what they requested?? Lovely course spoilt by Marshall and his dog.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Lje46

• Turkish first
“Had my credit card cloned by bar staff who tried to fleece me for £8000 so be very careful”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Lovely golf course, totally unscrupulous staff. Shame really but very disappointed. Last time I went to Turkey I had my wallet stolen so I would recommend to all of you to be very careful with your valuables. I'm sure the people responsible for cloning my credit card may have had more success if they hadn't tried for ridiculously high amounts of £3700 and £4200.

Simon Mitchell

Visited March 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Let Down”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We recently played the course as a group of 2 x four-balls. On arrival at clubhouse we enquired at shop re locker facilities for ladies. We were advised that due to the amount of lady members non were available which was the first let down. Our first tee-time was 1.34. By 5th hole there were 3 groups waiting to play. Like other reviewers were very disappointed that our first group only got to the 16th tee before darkness set in - although floodlit there was insufficient lighting to see out the last 2 holes and our 2nd group lost balls due to this fact. We only saw one Marshall on the course during our round. On arrival back at clubhouse we found the ladies toilets locked and no lights on at entrance to the clubhouse. Although we found the course to be in good condition the preceding faults were a let down.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Golfer000
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Total disrespect for guests”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have now visited Belek on 4 occasions, and have played most of the courses in the area. Whilst I think The National is a good test of golf and generally in good condition, the manner in which the guests are treated is disgraceful.
The tees are always overbooked, and on two occasions we have been booked for 16 people, only to be told that we only booked for 8 people(golf vouchers proving otherwise).
Our visit last week was marred by problems on our arrival. We had a 12:12 tee time for 8 people, only to be told that our time was 12:21.It was quite apparent that with the queues on the tee, there was no chance of starting on time. We teed off at 12:45. We complained as we realised that with the lack of daylight hours, we would not be able to finish our round. We were assured that it was not a problem, as the last 3 holes were floodlit, one guy told us the last 4 holes.This turned out to be an absolute farce. The only part of the last 3 holes adequately floodlit were the Black tees. We had to abandon our round after 15 holes.
On our return to the clubhouse, we complained, but were told it was the travel companies fault.
It is quite apparent that it is the Golf Club's responsibility to mange the tee-times, and it's about time the golf travel companies spoke to The National, and put an end to this disgrace.
I will not be returning to The National until I hear that something positive has been done to alleviate these recurring problems.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank joewmgc
Derby, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was the third round played in the Belek area by our group of 16.
At the previous courses complimentary bottled water was provided at the first tee. Here that was not the case but we were assured twice that the beverage cart would call every 15 minutes. In fact it came round once, when we were on the second hole. The temperature was 28 degrees.
However our main complaint was in regard to course management. This was aggressive to the point that our round was ruined by repeated instructions to speed up when in fact we were not holding up play at any point. After the fourth such visit in the first 9 holes the round was completely ruined for me and I left feeling angry that what should have been an enjoyable day's golf had been a complete waste of both money and a day's holiday. All in our group felt the same, nor were we impressed by the condition of the course. we will not be visiting again.

Visited November 2013