Thomas Cook, WOW Topkapi Palace 30/06 -07/07 2014
1. I have complained regarding this last year, on arrival at Antalya Airport there yet again were no signs of T C reps, we walked to where we went last time stood in line for 15 Min at In tours Thomas Cook, we had 6 in our party 2 of my Great Grandchildren who were sleeping and being carried, only to be told this is the wrong place go down 250 yards to another Thomas Cook stand, carrying two young children and pulling 5 cases not a funny matter, getting to the next TC stand , complaining to the rep re the situation to be told don’t blame me I am on my own.
As I said I have raised this with the Thomas Cook rep on my last visit.
2. On arriving at the Hotel at 0615 speedy check in then into the room, the greeting meeting 1030 after a day where we were on the go for 24 hours this should be in the afternoon, i set alarm to get up for the meeting, my wife and I were scratching ourselves, we checked the bed it was moving with flies, we complained to the Rep but there were no other rooms available, they cleaned the room and we had to stay with this room.
3. This Hotel is not 5 star, service is the poorest I have seen almost self-service, you had difficulty on several occasions getting a table that was set, and getting cutlery was a problem, the standard of hygiene was at the food and cooking areas very poor, flies every where, on food etc, on my last day i went for a cereal searching for a plate I found some bowls at the back of the shelf when i pulled them forward what came out with them was a foetus of? a rat or kitten, unfortunately I did not have a camera with me, but one of the head chefs was there and I drew his attention to this, he put on plastic gloves and was about to lift this, he changed his mind, got a bowl and a spoon and scooped this up.
3. Service from the staff and their attitude was almost ignorant and abusive.
7. This is sold as a 7 day all inclusive holiday under the trade description act this is totally wrong, it in true terms is 5.5 days, with these night flights you arrive on second day and there is no all-inclusive for the first day or for the .5 day on return, in fact the cost of food and refreshments on the flight are beyond a joke at £3 for a tin of juice as an example.
This has put me off Turkey
Advice take Euros to Turkey this is what all the shops are looking for or US$, all goods priced in these currencies, then if you want to pay in Sterling or TLR this will be 25% higher when they convert , Sherwood Forest rings a Bell
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While travelling back in time to the past in the middle of historical textures, are you among those that wonder what it would mean to live inside one of the unique architectural structures? You can be sure that WOW TOPKAPI PALACE, which has been built based on the TOPKAPI PALACE in Istanbul will provide these experiences for you. Be prepared to be treated like the sultans in an 85.000 m2 area within the Kundu Village of Antalya... From the moment you open the doors of TOPKAPI PALACE, you will stay at the harem, you will dine at the Palace Kitchens and Hagia Irini, cool off at the Fountain of Ahmet the Third at Sultan Ahmet Square, sip your wine at the Judicial Tower, and taste starch pudding with rose water at the Mecidiye Mansion! Our resort is 20 km from Antalya Airport and 17 km from the center of Lara - Antalya Free Services Welcome cocktail, food & local and standard imported drinks, mini bar, safety deposit box (in rooms), fitness center, Turkish Bath, sauna, squash, pugy club (mini club), internet cafe, daytime sporting activities & night time shows, 30 minute group tennis lessons, tennis rackets, catamaran, windurfing and sailing (all require certificates), canoing, first trial dive at the swimming pool, towels, sombreros and chaise longues, hammocks and cushions, wireless internet access from the lobby and the rooms. Services Subject to a Fee: Room service (24 hours), special wine menus at the A la carte restaurants, premium alcoholic drinks, energy drinks, La Nazır Restaurant(cover fee), Mangal Park Restaurant(cover fee), La Gondola Restaurant(cover fee), doctor, nurse, massage, beauty center, hairdresser, tennis school, tennis courts lighting, mini football and basketball pitches lighting, sailing school, diving school, laundrette & dry cleaning (ironing),high speed wireless internet access from the lobby and the rooms. babysitter, telephone & fax, motorised water sports, the pavillions (specially equipped private relaxation areas on the beach), bowling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your WOW Topkapi Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Topkapi Palace
- Wonder World
- Topkapi Palace Antalya