“Few little niggles but would definitely go back”
Review of WOW Topkapi Palace

WOW Topkapi Palace
Ranked #41 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
Girvan, United Kingdom
“Few little niggles but would definitely go back”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We went here as a family of 4 in July. The kids had a blast. The hotel it's self is set on very large grounds but is easy to find your way about. All the grounds,pools,reception areas are kept very clean and tidy at all times. We visited the hotel beach only twice in the time we were there as the sand was just to hot to walk over,scalded ur feet. Plenty of sunbeds to go around tho and the beach pavillions you can hire look lovely. My partner and daughter went on the jet ski, para sailing and diving and said it was great. My only problem was the hotel was a bit far out,no shops near by to walk to,you have to get a bus or a taxi which we did often as the hotel shop is ridiculously expensive!! Equivalent of £5 for a tub of Pringles?!£30 for sun cream?! So make sure u stock up on essentials before u go like googles,inflatables etc.

Rooms- very clean and tidy,cleaners in every day with fresh towels etc. has everything you need,enough space for family of four.tv has only one english channel but that's not what u go on holiday for. We had room 5432 which was on the walk way thu to the kremlin (which u can also use,but is about 90% Russians and topkapi pools etc much better) music at the kremlin pool is blaring dance music from 8am until midnight. With patio doors shut we cold still here it but didn't keep us awake at nights etc. but I think if we had the rooms round the corner that faced onto the kremlin,I would have asked to be moved. Also if u want to keep your room on until 6pm,they charge u 48 euro per adult and 24 per child for that extra 6hrs!!!! So do this before u go as its cheaper.

Pools- we spent most of our time at the wave pool,as u could watch the kids without worrying they could disappear somewhere else and it was great to lie in the shallow part between sunbathing as the weather was in the 40s when we were there. All the pools were great and kept clean and the water park is great. Closed between 12 and 2 which didn't bother us,and there is also a kids pool wi smaller slides for the young ones. It wasn't till a few days not out holiday we found the relaxation pool,it's away from the other pools up next to reception and also near it,is the ice cream/cake shop.

Food- although all the food in the main restaurant is good, it was the same for breakfast,lunch and dinner for nearly the whole 2 weeks we were there. Catered more for the Russians I would say. We didn't really have a problem with them while here but they do not like to stand in a queue. Easily sorted by just pointing them tote back of the line and not letting them push in. Breakfast was really toast,cereal or fruit for the British. Lunch and dinner were the same, salads,bread,chicken dishes with rice And outside were pasta,southern fried chicken,stir fry station and the Turkish pizza station (which were very good) its was just all too much the same. The snack bar on the beach does burgers and hot dogs which were ok,nothing special. And we tried all the al a carte restaurants, Mexican and international being the best. Really did not like the BBQ and the Turkish was soooo slow at service.

Tips- do not get the wifi for ur room,when it does work,it is too slow to actually do anything.
Also at night times,there is a lot of Mosquitos about. I woke up one morning with about 40 and 50 bites on my legs and feet,so take a lot of repellent.
Camel ride-get a price before the fling u all on it. 3 of us were on it for less then 5mins,up and down a path and they tried to charge us 140 lira?!

After reading previous reviews before I went I was a bit worried but we honestly had a brilliant time as did our kids of 3 and 9 and we would definitely go back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank nicola1806

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tata, Hungary
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have been in the wow hotel in the firts 2 weeks of July this year.2 adults 1 child. Spectacular hotel, big architechtur, excellent aquapark wit good slides, relaxing lasy river.Food was good, bur bit repititive.I missed that durin two weeks only one times was dönerkebab in the main restaurant, in tne snack bar on the beach not at all. In the two weeks I took plus 3kg in weight. Night shows were vey entartaining. The russian aren't rude at all. With the russian is the only probleme, that they can't english but even we can't speak the russian langauge. Because of this reasen one cannot communicate with them and even added the old sterotypes from the old socialst times. They are the exactly the same normal people like we in Europe. They didn't pushed at all by dinner,eating etc, this is a big lie from other reports. You should try the ship excursion with WOW motor ship on the shore. 560 Horsepower in the two engines of the ship shipping 43 nautical miles per hour, ca. 75 km per hour speed. This is the speedest motorship in the whole region. It is an absultey experience with the captain Hassan it is a must for everyone. The beach is very good, good wawes on the beach the children loved it. It is an absolute must to make an excursion to the world hertiage site in Cappadocia,Göreme, Ürgüp, Ihlara with ballon flight in the morning. and the underground cities . You will be amazed.The beer craft beer colud be better for example efes beer. The whole afternoon you can have eiscream and finest cakes in the conditorei. Big game room with free billiard, free internet cafe. In the hall you can youse for internet your ouwn device free of charge. You should try once have dinner in the Kremlin Palace it is sure 1000 people in the same time in a very big saal.The whole hotelcomplex recommended for everyone if you want something special, something different. The vieuw from the justice tower in the evening with ligths of the mardan palace is fabulous.

Room Tip: rooms by the relaxpool are very silent and neat to the reception and the main restaurant and the poo...
6 Thank Panker S
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Just returned from a great family holiday in Wow Topkapi Palace. Satyed in a standard room, clean and just what we were looking for. Sheets changed every other day and towels every day. All staff without exception were really nice and so hardworking. Pools great, entertainment fab, weather hot!! Absolutely no problems from the Russians as some people have commented on previously. I only had to tut at one child and he got the message!! Apart from the fact that most of the women look amazing (jealous). Food very good and the a la carte restaurants well worth the small fee. Went to the market in Manaugat, excellent, good bargains. Would definately go back. :) Advice I would give is to take a plug in mosquito repellant, take hayfever tablets before you go and during your holiday, buy inflatables/goggles/suncream etc before you go, get up early (or your husband) to reserve the sunloungers and try the mexican in the Kremlin next door.

Room Tip: Request a room on the ground floor near the quiet pool. We were room 3108, perfect. Could see the...
5 Thank Marjorie F
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2012

just returned 13th july 20012 after reading the bad reviews on here i didnt want to go in the end but glad i did stayed in duplex room very big and 2 mini friges and 2 showers etc lovely room i didnt get one prob from russians even played tennis with one food everywhere nearly 24 hours food was lovely esp the bbq and the mexican in the kremlin hotel dont worry about food and some other comments people leave i find if ur rude to them they would be rude back at u just there culture but i didnt see any

guest relations in both hotels couldnt be any more helpful and staff in whole resort work there bums off from morning to night i tipped at every meal service was excellant even though was very busy at peak times

entertainment was very good also from pool fun at 10 am right through to 10 at night loads of staff was very hot 46 degrees kids still got some sun burn with factor 30 on had to go down town for more factor 50 dont buy anything in the hotel shops as very expensive suncream £30 inflatables was the same buy all before u go like i did beach towels suppled by hotel changed daily if you do need to shop go to migros in town,it has been one of the best family holidays we have been on and our kids were not wanting to come home highly recommend this hotel you will love it

mosquitto bites where bad though esp at night i had about 10 in total one small girl had 50 plus and they get infected and sore dont where shorts and shorts sleaves at night even though it hot bring plenty of mosquitto repelent

we had a great holiday and would definetly go back

Room Tip: duplex room
5 Thank tmc762
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I travelled with my husband and my two children which are 3 years old and a 4 year old in June 18th 2012 for one week only . The hotel in general is wonderful to look at. Lovely atmosphere. The workers in the restaurant are really nice and polite and hard working. The pools are clean and there are a lot of activities and entertainment around the pool.
I'm quite disappointed with the towel system. The towel booth opens at 9.00am and when we arrived to the hotel on our first day I had to wait for the towel booth to open at 9.00am and by that time most if not all the good spaces near the pool area are taken. So I had to take my towel back with me to my room on my first day, so when it was morning the next day before 9.00am I resevered a good spot near the kids pool, as I wanted to be near my children so I can watch them play in the pool, which I did this for the whole week, which was quite annoying really.
The food is nice, There is lots of variety of food in the morning, afternoon and evening. Lots and lots and lots of lovely mouth watering deserts. :)
Entertainment wise in the evenings I would say are quite poor. There was some nights where they didn't do any entertainment at all.
The night clubs are bad. They held the club in an closed up room, which should of been an open air place. The room was small, plus very hot, and it was just uncomfortable to be in for more than 5 minutes in there.
The rooms are very very back dated. I really think they need to improve on the look of the rooms. Our balcony view wasn't the best, as all we looked at was trees in front of us, which caused lots of files to come in the room and my husband had a lot of fly bites which was very uncomfortable for him. But on the bonus side to just having tress as a balcony view was that no one could see us which was nice and private, and it was quite and peaceful which was nice, and me and my husband spent a nice alone time while the kids were sleeping in the room.
There are a lot of Russians in Turkey, as I know because every time I go to turkey to any hotel there are always Russians, But be care full, as lot of the other reviews would say, they are rude and arrogant, and what I've noticed as-well is they are greedy when it comes to food. They would just fill up their plates with so much food and leave most of it and don't bother to eat, which I find rude, as there are so many starving people out there and for them to stuff their faces with food and on top to leave most of it untouched on the table is wrong. NO MANNERS..!!
But all in all, we as a family have enjoyed this particular hotel. It wasn't the best holiday but it defiantly wasn't the worst. And yes I would go back there again.

Room Tip: Just to note, when they say a TWIN ROOM, they don't mean twin separate rooms next to each other...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Leyli G
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Just returned on the 26th June, 2 adults and a teenager aged 14. I was a bit worried after reading some reviews on here but we had no need to worry. I will list my views in points to make it easier reading instead of droning on.

Would't class it as a 5 star all inclusive. More like 4 star full board as your on set times for breakfast lunch etc. You can get drinks 24 hours a day. Ice cream available certain times of the day, but we couldn't find where you could get them from!!

Rooms are looking a bit dated but very very clean. Room cleaned everyday to a high standard. Fridge stocked up,usually, everyday with a couple bottles of local beer,water and pop. TIP: empty your fridge when you leave in the morning so it will be replenished. We had a couple of instances where ours was not replenished. The tv had a couple of english programmes on but at the end of the day we dont go on holiday to watch tv so i cant see why people see this as a problem.

Food was quite varied and there is enough variety for everyone. The omlette at breakfast was spot on.Unfortunatly no bacon :( but plenty of fruit, pancakes freshly made etc. Lunch had plenty of chicken/turkey etc dinner had steak/fish etc but i would say the midnight menu was dire.There are a good few other places you can eat but you have to pay 5€ per head. We went to the cook your own barbaque and they would bring you more meat/chicken etc until you had enough. We all really enjoyed that. The snack bar at the beach just had burgers/hot dogs ( not very good ) and salads serving till about 5pm.

The facilities and the landscaped areas are amazing. Everything was kept very clean and tidy. The water slides/lazy pool closed between 12-2 but it didn't cause us any problems. You can get clean beach towels everyday by giving your card in then when you take your towel back get another card for the next day

The russians.Where do i start? Very rude, ignorent,greedy....They would take plate fulls of food and leave most of it.Just a waste.They would also try and get served at the bar before you and try and jump any queues anywhere.My only advise would be to stand your ground and tell them politely,it usually worked ;) but we didn't let this spoil our holiday.

You can use the facilities next door at the Kremlin but both hotels are in the middle of nowhere!! We went on a day trip to a mosque,interesting,boat trip with lunch,spot on,an hour on a beach,boring,return journey on the boat,good,trip to a market,hot and quite expensive,a place called ' Dickman ' full of bargain clothing, then to some waterfalls,beautiful. On another day we got a taxi outside the hotel to Kaleci ? ( the old town at the marina ) and it cost 100 turkish lira ( about £35.00 ) and they dropped us off at a shop. They take you in to get your details,where you stay, and then pressure you into buying something from them. They just wouldn't let you go without buying something. Not good practice. So be careful of that.

Over all i would give it 4/5 for the simple fact its the first time we have ever been on an all inclusive holiday and we didnt like being stuck to the times they set. I would give it 5/5 for the over all complex as it's a huge place.

Ive been as honest as possible and if i can help anyone out who is worried about going please contact me and ill put your mind at rest.

We all enjoyed it and wish we where still there :( Enjoy....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
14 Thank Matt640ktm
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 26, 2012

First off I would like to advise everyone that I think the hotel experience for my family would've been overall much better if the events that I am about to state had no accoured. If you are willing to read through this whole thing then I thank you.

My family of five traveled to this resort on May 13th - May 19th (Me, my husband, my two daughters (21 and 13) and my 11 year old son) from America and at first we were amazed by this place, it was wonderful and we got it for a cheap deal. The rooms were nice (we had gotten two standard bedrooms) but unfortunately the staff forgot to add a third bed into the kid's room like we had requested earlier but they eventually did put it in. Everything went all for the first couple of days, the entertainment was fabulous, there was a large variety of food and the scenery was just splendid. Another downside was that the rooms we had gotten were facing towards the pools and when we went to bed at night with the balconey door open we could hear the screams of the other residents at the hotel from when they were at the clubs. After threatening the hotel staff they finally were able to subdue the noise which seemed to take them hours. The whole entire hotel (accompanied by the sister hotel) is filled with Russians and boy are they mean and pushy. This place also has English families and other nationalities but they were kind to us and liked to chat and make friends.

Now to the very worse of this experience. We were halfway through with our vacation when out of no where I was informed by a few of the English that my son had been pushed off one of the slides at the resort and was at the hotel's medical center. Apparently his whole entire front tooth came out from the fall (permanent tooth as well) and when I mean the whole thing came out I mean the tooth was literally an inch long and had detached from his jaw bone. The same English families then went to go tell my daughter's who were at a Yoga lesson at the time (they even said going to that lesson wasn't worth it) and soon my whole family was at the medical center trying to figure out what had happened. The doctor there was also a rude russian who told me to "Shut up and get out" of the room. My son just fell 15 feet and has no front tooth and you want me to leave?! So we were taken to the hospital which was an hour away (did I tell you we passed four other hospitals on our way there and teeth can die literally within 20 minutes?) and we spent a couple of hours there. My poor 11 year old son had his tooth hammered back into his jaw and recieved 32 shots in the mouth and got a few stitches as well. When we arrived back to the hotel we had been informed that my daughters were not allowed to contact us at all without a large fee from the hotel but now we had another dilemma. We needed to find this kid who pushed my son. The manager there provided us with no help the only information we had about this kid was that he told my son he was Dutch and he was quite big to be on the kiddie slides. (The younger children slides are for kids 12 and under) So my whole family and a few other British families wasted our next couple of days trying to find this kid with the little description we had and on our last night at the hotel my two daughters chased down the general manager and we ended having to tell him our whole story. (My son at this time was only allowed to eat pudding and couldn't go into the pools because the chlorine could irritate his wound) Immidiately he was able to track down all Dutch adolescents within the ages of 15-18 in the two hotels and found the kid within 5 minutes whereas the regular manager of the place refused to do any of that and made us search up and down the place for two days. It was already Friday night and we were leaving Saturday morning to another place in Turkey and eventually hotel security was able to locate the kid (who ended up being 17 years old and the previous day had pushed a british girl from the same slide and she ended up cracking her skull open) and drag a confession out of him. After that we sat in the Antalya police station for another couple of hours but apparently the police could do NOTHING because the kid was under the age of 18 and his drunk mother at the time seemed to care less about this whole situation. In the U.S. he could be charged? Unfortunately we could do nothing about this because we were leaving tomorrow and the most that happened was that the general manager assured us he'd be black listed from all the other big hotels in the area but I doubt that really happened and he's probably back pushing more kids down slides. Even though the hotel staff tried to treat us all posh and perfectly I will NEVER be returning and wish you a safe trip there. Is it worth going again for us and risking the chance of another accident?

Room Tip: Choose a room that is nowhere near the poolfront because you will not be able to sleep at all from a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family