“Highly Recommended”
Review of Hotel Su

Hotel Su
Ranked #33 of 235 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Never been to Antalya before so we picked our hotel "blindly" other than checking it on-line. The pictures looked good enough as we went purely for the price; not the cheapest neither the most expensive.
When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised! The hotel is clean, the food is good (we booked for B&B but went once to the 5th floor for Italian food) and the gym? ... If you are a gym person, this is a hotel to stay. My husband and I only stay at hotels with gyms whenever we go on holidays (been to Spain, France, Dominican Republic, Jakarta, Bali etc) and this is the best hotel's gym we've ever been. My husband, a gym user for 33 years is very impressed by it. Admittedly, as other reviews say, some staff need to polish their English. On the other hand, we'e been to places where the hotel's staff speak less English than Hotel Su's.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cenk C, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Hotel Su, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

As Hotel SU Team we are glad hearing that you enjoyed your stay here. We are doing our best to give spotless service . All hotel guests are quite satisfied with Hotel SU Gym and guests find it gorgeous as Hotel SU Team we are proud of it. We look forward to welcome you again at Hotel SU and our GYM is waiting for you!

Your Hotel SU Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,487)

Reviewed September 20, 2013

and i'm not easy to please. I'm usually the grumpy person standing in the back NOT listening to the tour guide. My idea of a vacation is a pool a perfect beach and a good staff. This state of the art hotel managed exceed all my expectations. To start off with the design: you will never see anything like it. It's nu-disco nightclub vibe is something that would usually annoy me, but it's so well done that you can't but be impressed from the second you walk in. The pool is perfect, not too big not too small. Intimate and relaxing (although kids are allowed which is quite annoying) wet towels are served twice a day, and in the afternoon, when you least expect it, a waitress walks by and hands you turkish tea with a cheese sandwich (it's more magical than it sounds)

the beach area is really the place you wanna be: the area next to the hotel is perfectly tailored for a relaxing chill, with a perfect view of the mountains surrounding Antalya. Make sure you stop by at night for a nice Jazz performance around the beach lounge (kids are allowed there too!)

If you visit hillside su your vacation WILL have a soundtrack: chill out music is played almost in every area of the hotel (including beach and pool area) on rotation all day long. That didn't bother me at all because I like chill out music, but I think it's important to point out. At night the main lobby turns into a semi-nightclub-lounge area, where a local DJ spins really loud electronic music (I didn't like that.)

The food at hillside su is perfection. To start the day with a 20 foot breakfast bar is really part of my perfect vacation plan. Anything you can dream of you will find spanning from Oriental treats, to crazy Omlet choices, to all kinds of fruits you can think of. We were not at all disapointed by the breakfast. The hotel has two restaurants one around the pool and another by the beach, both serve the same food for lunch and dinner, although quite pricey for what it is, you will find your basic burger and pizza choices to get your day going (don't expect great taste.) I personally took the option of having diner at the hotel (not many places to go eat in Antalya) and I was happy with the decision: the breakfast bar transforms into a giant buffet that changes every night. In it you will find a selection of traditional foods and international cuisine. You will definitley walk out of dinner feeling bloated.

I would like to dedicate this paragraph to the sushi restaurant located next to reception. This place was unlike anything I tried in Turkey. The sushi place is actually a very long bar, where you sit and order and see the waiter make the sushi right next to you. The chef is a genius, and the sushi is undescribable (by far the best i've ever had) If you're a hardcore sushi fan like I am or like to try new things this is a great place for you. However, I found it to be REALLY expensive. This is really not a place where you wanna go eat with your family.

It's not a vacation if you haven't tried the spa. The spa at hillside su has a great selection of massages as well as a turkish bath and a meditation place. Even tough it's a bit pricey (almost 100$ for a 30 min classic massage) the experience is quite unique and worth the try.

The gym is well equipped for your basic needs. Don't expect anything huge. You have your usual treadmills, a weight area and a couple of workout classes. I needed to burn off the insane amounts of food I was eating.

All in all hillside su is a unique state of the art intimate place. I went there with my family, however I really think it's a place for couples and honeymooners. One of the best hotels i've ever visited for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Cenk C, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Hotel Su, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

We are happy hearing that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel SU. We are looking forward to make Hotel SU your second home with unique memories and sunny days.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

First time at this hotel but travelled with family who had stayed here before. We had a brilliant time. The rooms, pool area and beach bar were spotless.There are plenty of thick comfortable mattress beds around the pool and on the beach and fantastic service at beach bar - the staff even come round and ask to clean your sunglasses for you! We only stayed B & B but there was a huge choice at breakfast and staff were quick and efficient in clearing dishes and replenishing food.The reception staff were very helpful and did their very best to help us. I cannot understand the comments about the hotel looking tired - it was definitely the coolest hotel i have ever stayed in and i will definitely come back for another visit. Don't be put off by some of the very negative reviews

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GB_Cleethorpes
Cenk C, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Hotel Su, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

We appreciate for your lovely positive comments. We would like to inform you that we will keep the service quality and working on to make it flawless. We are looking forward to creat more unforgetable holidays in your memory.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited the hotel "Hillside Su" as a couple...there were only few families but couples of many genres, somewhat the profile of descency was sacrified. The mirror factor in the rooms was a joke and inspiration yet the mattress quality / low-set bed were downsiders...The pool was small and the sea was far away...It is not worthwhile for a long-deserved short holiday...perhaps they tried to target as a good escape for lovers etc. Then they needed to better the quality of rooms?

We did not understand the point of this hotel. A joke of "once in a lifetime" sort. The food was ok. The bar was good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Su K

Thank you for giving your time to write feedbacks about hotel.

Hotel SU Team

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was our fourth visit back I may say to one of our favourite hotels and we were disappointed staff at the reception were certainly not welcoming returning guests were treated to discounts on food and drink but these have been reduced since the hotel has been taken over by the Sunis Hotel Group six months ago. Rooms are now somewhat shabby cracks in the shower area and are in general need of a good makeover. Avoid rooms at all levels that are near the road the noise from traffic goes on late into the night and from very early so if you want peace go for the rooms facing the pool or sea. The hotel has now closed the poolside bar in the evenings and guests have only options of beach or in the main hotel with the loss of the pool bar the pool area is dimly lit at night.
The hotel does have a great entrance and food is excellent in all areas but staff need to make their guests more welcome in order for the hotel to succeed and appeal to returning guests. 5 star it is not in it's present state so invest some money on rooms and the cracked glass in dining areas. We had planned to take family for a special birthday next year but given standards and staff in some areas we will look elsewhere. Hope you new managers are listening to your guests.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing inland or pool or sea some rooms face Aqualand and some that claim to have sea v...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allan p
Cenk C, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Hotel Su, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

First of all we appreciate for giving your time to write feedbacks about hotel. We would like to inform you that we will consider your comments. For your next stay at Hotel SU please get connect with guestrelations ( guestrelations@hotelsu.com.tr)

Hotel SU Team

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have just got back from staying here with my boyfriend! We had an amazing time! The staff were very very friendly and helpful, the rooms were very clean and modern (and we had 2 goldfish in our room), food and cocktails were delicious, the pool and beach are both gorgeous and the entertainment was FANTASTIC! i will definitely be making a return! The DJ (Davut) on the beach was so good! great music! We also enjoyed going to the Sushi bar for dinner, the Chef is lovely and very friendly, we learnt how to make it (for free) and got to eat it (for free) and we also got a complimentary cocktail! Overall our stay was perfect! Wouldn't change anything there!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cenk C, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Hotel Su, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

We appreciate for your lovely comments. We would like inform you that Hotel SU Team will keep it like that because we do what we Love to do! As Hotel Su Team we look forward to host you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

It has taken me a year to write this review as I am still really annoyed that they still owe us over £100 and it has never been returned. I have chased them so much that I have given up. It was taken as a deposit and not returned. Hotel was nice and the minimalistic white theme was great. Far too many mirrors around the hotel, including the pool area. The mirrored glitter balls in the atrium where wonderful on an evening. Far too many posers and people who where more in love with themselves than the sunshine! The mirrors where well used around the pool. The pool area was really well put together and beds where really comfy, pool staff worked for their money and the service button was a great advantage. The beach was a peebled beach and not at all useful for children to play on. However, free entrence to the water park next door which was really good fun. The gym was fantastic and both myself and husband used it everyday. Outdoor cinema was a huge bonus and well organised. Noisy in the rooms from acts on in other hotels until the wee hours of the morning, earplugs are a must. Food was varied but after 2 weeks it did get a little boring, we where half bored but all you got with dinner was the option of water, you had to purchase any other drinks, even soft drinks for our little girl. It was a very secure hotel and the staff where okay, but not amazing as you would expect. We did have a word with the manager after some confusion about breakfast as we arrived early hours of the morning and ate near the pool the next morning. We got charged a small fortune for a croissant and cereal. The manager did not deduct this and this set a bad tone throughout the rest of the stay, I told her outright that I would not return to the hotel and I never would. Underwater music that the brochure boasted about was broken for the whole two weeks. Nice shopping mall within a 10-15 minutes drive with a fab starbuck store, staff in there where fantastic! All in all a very disappointing stay....and I am still waiting for my refund!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family