“Attractive hotel”

Ranked #32 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
Rome, Italy
“Attractive hotel”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We have chosen Hillside su hotel through the recommendations of TTP (TurkeyTravel Planner), which is the only informative website about Turkey, being so useful to arrange your trip in advanced , if you have a short break. As it is mentioned on the site, Hillside Su is one of the most attractive hotel in Antalya , if you are really looking for the fusion of modernity and contemporary style. The missing part of the hotel is, traditional part of the country was not reflected at any part of the hotel. For sure, the hotel is design and hip style hotel, but as a guest, somehow you would like to enjoy the culture a bit during your relaxing stay. What I would say, is not a general concept, just small touches, without avoiding the general concept, which is lovely.

Regarding the resaurants, the hotel has many. But sushi restaurant is worth to visit. If you would spend a nice evening in city center, I would recommend not to miss Seraser Restaurant, that I found through again Turkey Travel Planner, praising on this restaurant. UI would describe my evening as one of the best experience that I had.

The location of the hotel is also grea and i is vey convenient located, giving you a chance to reach city center easily, which takes five min. by taxi.

I would recommend this hotel to nayone, who is looking for an escape in the lovely city, Antalya.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The Hillside Su was exactly what it says in the brochure , for March it was very busy , but there was still refurb work going on. Beach was very pebbly and most of the cafe's were being painted . Antalya is huge , we went to a shopping centre a couple of times " Terra City" which was worth it. Rooms in hotel are white with mirrors everywhere , lovely and clean . The lounge area has a great relaxed feel to it . Breakfast was great , plenty to choose from . Really enjoyed it , but were told May to September , the hotel becomes a " party place " so if you want a quiet break avoid these months.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I am ashamed to say that it is over 18 months since we stayed at the Hillside su. I should have written a review on my return but sadly never made time to commit my thoughts to you guys on trip advisor. I want to thank the staff at the Hillside Su for treating us like VIP's. I do not know why but we were upgraded to the penthouse suite.
Perhaps there was an error in booking or perhaps they just did something very nice for my partner and I. Where do you start with something like this except to say the staff were genuinely ver happy for us and we never suspected anything until we were shown to a private elevator, I felt a bit like was in Willy Wonkers wonkavator and was made to feel very special.
As the elevator doors opened we were greeted by a life size signed poster of Mickey Rourke
Thanking all at the Hillside Su for their hospitality.
Kevin Spacey had also stayed there along with a host of other A list celebs. The bed was big enough for 8 people I kid you not, sunken jacuzzi in front of it, massive panoramic electric doors glass doors and blinds, treadmills, sauna and huge chezzlong for private parties I guess. 2 huge fish tanks flanking a massive 80" tv and a private remote control that activated just about everything and gave you surveillance capability on the main areas of the hotel grounds. Special thanks must go to the guy who came up to the suite twice in the space of 10 minutes to help us use the module, and always with a smile. The young lady who showed us around the complex and another young lady who wins the award for understatement and gave us gave us only a small clue saying only that we have upgraded as we entered the lift.
The bath room had two walk in glass showers that were as big as entire wet rooms in themselves and a huge table with bar stools, topped off with a remote glass christmas tree with and a white pool table with red baize. Perhaps the best part was the incredible sound system complete with chill out tunes supplied by the hotel and on sale in the foyer. I must be honest and say my partner burst into tears when she saw where we were staying for a room that retails at nearly £3,000 per night. I cannot thank everyone at the Hillside Su enough for their incredible generosity, although we were there for just 2 days, most of which we spent in the room-well you would wouldn't you?, or sun bathing on the massive terrace spanning the entire top of the Hotel.
It is the stuff that dreams are made of for us and all the more amazing because it was a complete surprise. I have to say that on arrival in the foyer people were strewn on white soft sofa's with huge scatter cushions or bean bags and I immediately felt the stress start to fall from me. I run my own little business and I needed a break and would have been very happy with a suite that we originally booked. The Hotel is very modern and minimalistic all white and clean, which my partner is a stickler for (ocd) if you ask me, but that's another story. A huge mirror ball adorns the foyer suspended from the atrium from which different mood lighting gently reflects off the mirrors as people relax, I even fell asleep whilst just relaxing on one of the setees!
There are even little buttons to press for service on the sun shades around the pool, periodically throughout the day little snacks are brought round just to tide you over. I guess this is a couples retreat and though there are some "beautiful" people around a couple of early middle aged folks like us did not feel out of place.
So you see, my review is coloured somewhat by this incredible spontaneous upgrade but I would recommend the hotel to anyone who feels like they need to chill, get a bit more re acquainted with their partners and enjoy what is a little more akin to a retreat mentality.
I am so sorry that it has taken this long for me to commit this to trip advisor.
I know opinions are just that, subjective and we all have different expectations and aspirations, needs etc but the look on my partners face made it all worthwhile, she did not know we were even staying at the Hillside Su as I split the holiday as a surprise.
Only yesterday I played the chill out CD we bought from the hotel and were instantly transported back to the penthouse suite, dressed "au naturel" because you feel like you can!!
Just so you know, the food is good, choice is fine, omelettes are a favourite of mine and the chefs make a lovely one in the morning. What more to say, except thank you the person responsible for the decision that gave us an insight into how the other half live, we did wonder when we were greeted by his face as we left the lift just what Mickey Rourke got up yo in that bed,but i'll leave that to your imagination.
Incidentally we are booked to try the Hillside Beach Club in Fethiye in september and I have heard good things. You have a lot to live up to my friends!!
Thank you Hillside Su, you are all wonderful.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a suite through travel republic was very minimal and the rooms enjoyed a better aspec...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Hove
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I say a concept hotel because I have never been to a hotel like this anywhere in the world though it is my 5th time there. It goes like this. In the hotel, everything is white except for the restaurant which is all red and the night club which is all black. Staff unbelievably efficient. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Your every whim is catered for. Antalya is a very interesting place. You can swim in the sea while looking at the snow capped mountains. In fact, you can swim and ski in the same day.there is a shopping mall within 10 minutes walk which has also various fast food outlets and a multiplex cinema showing films in original language eg English.
There is also a culture centre nearby which has excellent opera and ballet productions at quit affordable prices say £7 front row.
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough unless you object to the decor, in which case it is not for you.
PS airport is about 15 minutes drive.

Room Tip: Choose sea facing room though you pay a suppliment £10 per room approx.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dandini
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel when we went to Antalya for the Runtalya event last weekend. With our eight month old accompanying us, at first I was a little bit hesitant to stay at this hotel as it is usually preferred by couples or newly weds on honeymoon. However, all my worries were behind when we stepped in the hotel. The customer service staff greeted our daughter with presents at the reception. The crib in our room was new and comfortable. She loved the mirrors on the walls in our room. Room service has a special menu for babies that includes pureed food. Also, the way to the beach from the private garden is stroller friendly.

The hotel in general is very clean and modern-looking with good facilities. We were very pleased with the open buffet breakfast and dinner served at the Red restaurant. The restaurant on the 5th floor is also good for lunch. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is located by the seaside in the city center. The beach and the pool can be accessed from the private garden. Personally, if I was planning a romantic getaway as a couple I would prefer to stay somewhere far off the center. It can be a bit disappointing to see the tall apartment buildings nearby, but then again because it is in the city center there are many bars and restaurants close to the hotel,which I think can be quite convenient if you don't want to worry about transportation during your stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank mel9250
london
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Amazing hotel and staff definitely 5*. They where fantastic especially reception staff.
Just spent one great week at this hotel. very different to usual hotels, minimulistic, chic and spotlessly clean. Everywhere is white and mirrored. Love the large bed and cushions on the balcony in the rooms, far more relaxing then the usual sun lounger!The city Antalya, itself is also amazing, just five minutes away from the city center by cab. Oldtown worth to be visited,  Staff are all very friendly and efficient and I loved all the goldfish on the reception desk and you can adopt your own goldfish friend for the week in your room which we did – so cute!

Our room was great, obviously all white but also really clean and spacious with huge mirrors, a big balcony with a double bed, great walk in shower and generally everything you could want.  Food was also great, one of the main factors being the 4 or 5 different menus, one for each part of the hotel (ie. beach, pool, restaurant, bar, room etc). Prices for food and drink are also very acceptable for a 5 star hotel, although as you would expect more than you would pay locally in Antalya. Overall excellent and are going back 23rd may 2012 in a sea view room this time. Hopefully will not overlook the aqua park as my husband loves his afternoon naps and I heard the aqua park can be very noisy but I will email the hotel to ensure we stay in a quite sea view room, hopefully they can accommodate us.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank kezi77
Radlett, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We arrived very late at night but reception was amazingly helpful and arranged food for us at the bar. Good customer service throughout the holiday. Hotel was a stone's throw from the beach which can be accessed via a private garden near the swimming pool area. Beds by the pool had big pillows and really comfortable mattresses. There was also a button to call for drinks, snacks, etc from the bar. Rooms were all white with lighting that could change the colour/ambiance. Bed also on the balcony for relaxing. There was a vast choice of food and the quality was excellent. The fresh fish available every night was suberb. There was so much choice - must have been nearly 50 deserts to choose from. The open air cinema was open two nights and the beach bar disco nights were really enjoyable. All in all a great holiday.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple