“A little disapointed”
Review of Tuvana Hotel

Tuvana Hotel
Ranked #34 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I really thought I was going to a VERY nice hotel in Antalya.
It is indeed a good place but to me it is not THE place.
I don't like to give bad comments on place so I'll just say that if you are looking for an amazing place this is (to me) not the place for the following reasons:
- There is not much public space (lounge or other)
- The bathroom is very poor

Good breakfast and very nice restaurant place

Good hotel to stay for a SHORT stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vbayle
There are newer reviews for Tuvana Hotel

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

This is an old hotel, but very well kept and nicely decorated. The service of the front desk hosts was nice. Their breakfast Buffett was superb, very good. The location is excellent, walking distance to the harbor, the shops, the restaurants was great. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank JoaxVargas
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I decided to stay at this hotel while we were in Antalya as we wanted to stay in Kaleici and good reviews here. Its location is pretty good, in a small alley not far from the clock tower. But it took us quite a while to find it when first reaching Kaleici by tram from Otogar. Only then, we realized Tuvana was not the only few pensions here. Actually, while we were treading the alleys to find Tuvana, we saw more pension concentration than any places we had been to. Well, with a lot of people helping, we finally found it, then finding it was really easy.
Check-in was smooth and easy. Tuvana has several buildings. Our room was on the first floor in the building opposing its main building(e.g. where the lobby is). A staff kindly helped us with our luggage and led us to our room. I immediately noticed that our room windows are facing a public toilet. I could not help doing a little sniffing around, I did not smell any foul smell, however, every time, I stepped into our room, the first thing I did is sniffing, even though no foul smell, it definitely made my one faculty more alert than the others. Our room is beautifully decorated, and good size, our bathroom has a deep tube. If you have knee problem, you might find it hard to climb in and out. Bed is comfortable, it is a little on the hard side, we don't mind it as we prefer firm. Shower was good. No complains there. Breakfast offered good varieties and quantity. Just one thing, breakfast room is a little on the small side comparing to the hotel size. It sometimes got crowded when everyone else in the hotel tried to have breakfast with you at the same time. Well, it does not bother us as it gave us an excuse to dine longer. Overall, we liked its location as it is closer to tram, certainly restaurants, shopping, etc... Staff were helpful. but to me it is a pension with a room facing public toilet, and I was unlucky being assigned to that room. And we booked through booking.com.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluebird2007
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We decided to stay at the Tuvana hotel, and paid a premium price to get a nicer room. When we arrived, we were taken to this nicer room only to find out that there was only one bed. For a father and daughter on vacation, this was not the ideal situation. On the reservation we even mentioned that we needed two beds, but the hotel manager had the audacity to tell us that we had to specify that we were a father and daughter staying together in the same room. That really frustrated me: if we didn't need two beds, why would we ask for them? So if you're in the same situation, just mention why you need two beds and they may be more accommodating.

Because of this, we were "upgraded" to a family suite in the main part of the hotel. Yes it was a bedroom with a family room, but it was pretty mediocre compared to our premium room.

With that out of the way, I would like to say it's a nice hotel.

1. The breakfast is amazing. There is lots of selection, and something for everybody. I would love to see a buffet-style breakfast with this selection at every hotel I stay at.

2. The hotel is centrally located in the old part of Antalya. It is a very nice, short walk to everything touristy, especially the bazaar.

3. The hotel has a decent sized pool where the water is kept at a comfortable temperature. I floated in it mostly at night time, but every so often I would see a bat fly overhead. They won't come near you, but this is just a head's up to anyone who is scared.

4. The Seraser Fine Dining Restaurant is amazing. I didn't think we'd go eat there, but I gladly would have gone back for a second meal. It plays into the whole hotel, Antalya, relaxation experience.

In short, because of the unpleasant experience that we had upon arrival, we will likely stay at the Puding Suite hotel next time.

One thing I would highly recommend is making the 3 kilometre trek out to the Archaeological Museum. Aside from the museum, there is a amazing pebble beach there with gorgeous views onto the mountains surrounding Antalya. Beautiful sunsets too. Well worth the trip!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Tuvana is located in the Old City, but just a few minute's walk from the Clock Tower and the square at the start of the pedestrian street through the heart of the newer part of Antalya.
We changed rooms after the first night to get one with a balcony, which we had been promised. The 4-course meals offered (make sure you get the guest discount) each night at the restaurant garden were excellent, and we didn't have to leave the hotel in the evenings for dinner if we were tired. I think you would be pressed to find better food at a better price in the Old City.
Our room was nice and quiet, since it faced the back garden.
The staff was always polite and helpful, but they did not always seem to know what arrangements we had made with the manager via e-mail beforehand (discounts, free transfer etc) , and we noticed other guests too, trying to sort out the restaurant bills. So have on paper everything you have arranged, paid or ordered. The staff worked hard to sort it out, but keep tabs just to avoid confusion when it's time to pay or leave. They aim very much to please.
The breakfast was delicious and plentiful, with mainly turkish/eastern mediterranean food (salads, olives, yoghurt, fruit, breadloaves).
Make sure you get a quiet room in the main building and have all arrangements in writing, and you will have a wonderful time in this charming and at least partly luxurious hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing back gardens/seaview and not in the restaurant building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were delighted that there was still one room available when we enquired, and even happier when we got there! Straight out of a history page, this hotel is in the old walled part of the city and a walk from a huge choice of shopping, sight seeing and restaurants. We found the hotel restaurant to be excellent and enjoyed several meals there that compared with the best we had eaten in Turkey. Service is first class throughout the hotel and the restaurants and we were also impressed with the friendly hospitality of the owners who quite regularly sat with us for a drink and a chat. Wonderful ambience, obviously very old but really well renovated and cared for. We stayed on the restaurant side of the street over the breakfast room on the first landing and had no problems at all with noise. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tonyusher
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Nice Hotel but rooms tired and floorboards so squeaky you tried to walk carefully but to no avail. Terrible smell of cat poo in our part af the hotel and our holiday spoilt by finding money missing from my bag on the last day.
We have stayed in Antalya many times and this was certainly the noisiest Hotel yet.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room near to the pool as the rooms on the other side are near to the restaurant an...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends