I went with my partner on 1st September for a 1 week all inclusive trip. Long review, but worth reading!
Sea Life resort and spa is marketed as a 5*, I can confirm that it doesn’t come close to some of the 5* hotels I've stayed in recently (Montreal, London, Birmingham). However it is still relatively good value for money, after all you do get what you pay for. My only major criticisms of the hotel are that we were somewhat misled through our tour operator "on the beach". Specifically, you do not get free drinks at the beach bar (you get free sun loungers and umbrellas), this was a little disappointing.
We were looking forward to sampling some of the restaurants on offer, but while we were there, only the Italian was available and YOU HAVE TO BOOK 24 hours in advance from 10:00 A.M the day before you want to eat there. The Mediterranean, The Rooftop, The Sushi and the Chinese were not open or available during our stay, which we found extremely annoying. However after sampling the Italian, we were quite surprised how poor the food was, no taste and it could have easily come from a microwave! It’s not all doom and gloom though, as the main buffet restaurant was okay, if somewhat repetitive, but they did have a large choice. Just be warned, if you like traditional English Tea, it’s a palaver to get it! On a plus side, coffee, cookies and other items were available from the snack bar area during the morning and mid-afternoon at certain times, which if you have kids would be great. One word of warning, the Russians and Eastern Europeans who we met at this hotel (you can’t miss them in the restaurant, taking entire desert trays!) are rude, greedy and have a hilarious superiority complex.
The rooms were quite nice (even if the air con acted more like a fan) very clean and the cleaning staff we spoke to were all rather friendly. You get a fridge but have to pay 28 Lira for the safe. Sat TV does have some English channels, but mostly Turkish or Russian. Beds are comfortable; shower and bathroom were both very good, no complaints!
The hotels Spa was quite good, with a decent Turkish bath and sauna and steam room, with a nice pool. However no Jacuzzi, which we thought there would be and the Spa staff seem a little too keen to sell you extras.
The Beach was quite large and is just a few metres from the hotel. There are level crossings so it should be quite safe to cross over the dual carriageway, but be prepared to wear beach shoes/sandals/flip flops as the stones and pebbles can be very uncomfortable, they were especially painful for my partner’s feet. You get free sun loungers and umbrellas and these were always available. you also have (at extra cost) various water sports including Jet skiing, Parasailing, Banana boats, Peddalos, Water Skiing, Speed boat hire all available next to beach bar. Going rate for these was 30 euros (or approx. 50-55 Lira) for 10 minutes on the Jet Ski, so it isn’t the cheapest, but there is lots of choice.
In a word, disappointing. I really was looking forward to a Traditional Turkish night but alas, this wasn’t to be. What we did get was kid’s entertainment from 8/9 ish till 10/11 and it seemed to same (painful) animation routine and music used... sure it’s great for kids, but not our bag. They did have a Miss Sea Life competition which was quite amusing, and this signified the best the Hotel had to offer during our stay, which was unfortunate.
• Shisha Pipe outside every night, however, it’s not free (15 Lira a pipe)
• TV Room, which never seemed to be on
• Kids Play Area (inside)
• Doctors Office (9-5 hours and you need to have your insurance docs if you want to use him)
• Free Wi fi in the Lobby, but not in the room which was disappointing.
This is my 3rd trip to Turkey, and I have had experience of going to some really nice places before.
Overall, Sea Life Resort and Spa in Antalya is quite good, just don’t expect to get everything you think you are. I would like to add that the old town is really really nice, with some great bars with vista views. The mountains in the back drop look amazing. Just be warned, never except anything free from the locals, they always seem to try and get money out of you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the seafront near Antalya, the Sealife is an all-inclusive hotel in Turkey within easy reach of the Olympos National Park and many of the fascinating Greco-Roman cities which once dominated this part of the world, such as Perge. Minibuses to Antalya and Kemer depart from outside the hotel every 15 minutes, allowing you to pop into town or get to the airport with ease. The beach in front of the hotel has been awarded the Blue Flag in recognition of its cleanliness too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Sealife Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sealife Family Hotel Antalya
- Sealife Family Resort All Inclusive