Club Hotel Sera
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$107
Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya(Antalya)(Great Value!)
$74
$284
$264
Travelocity
1,048 results
All reviewsmain buildinglara beachanimation teamlovely hotelterra citysteam roomice creamwhole weekweek holidayall inclusive hotelturkish bathfufupoolsentertainmentgermansslides
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Perhaps the other people who are giving it high ratings are the people who may not have been elsewhere in Antalya in terms of 5 star hotels. For me, I have to say it was really a downer.

Like the other person said, the staff were incredibly rude. Not only rude, they were quite perverted too. They never smiled, and very rarely spoke English. They didn't leave you alone, and questioned me and my family all the time. When asking for a drink, they would act as if they were giving it to us out of their own pocket. I once asked for an extra lemon in my drink and the waitress threw the drink at me and said "I don't know where to put that, can't you see?". I don't expect that kind of service after we have paid for all inclusive.
Yes it was very luxurious and rich-looking, but that was the only rich thing about that hotel. The food was very cheap, very low range of choice for food in comparison to the others I have been with all inclusive. Such as ibero-star bellis, it would have carts of cherries and ice coming around every hour. Yet in Sera, they had a poor choice of sour green apples, some apricots, and when cutting the watermelon, they kept the red ripe ones for the chefs and managers and cut up the white ones for us. There were bees and wasps all over the food, mostly on the desserts, but everywhere. There was only pretty much rice and some meat to eat. Sometimes they would have pastries, and a vegetable dish with aubergines. That was pretty much all of it and it was very poor quality. The lamb was very chewy and hard.
They had disco nights every night, yes. Full of Russians which I didn't mind, but when it got to the dancing, the DJ was horrendous. Maybe that is just personal taste, but in my opinion he mixed around with the songs too much to dance to, and the fact was that often he let people still and confused on the dancefloor. We didn't know what to do. There was no beat and it was very messy. There was a blinding light that kept flashing, which we got used to. And if you enjoyed that kind of mixing, okay, but then he played it every night. The same music for 2 weeks.
Okay, the spa. The sauna was good, it was great. So was the steam room. Perfect. The jacuzzi was too cold for a jacuzzi, but can't complain since the weather was very very hot and sometimes helped with regulating our body temperature. The Turkish Bath was amazing. The relaxation area, however, was very hard to relax in because they had no kind of air conditioning in it. Not to keep it cold, but to keep it as a normal balanced temperature. Instead it was way too hot. We just kept sweating and it was incredibly uncomfortable. I did not see anyone in there to stay more than 10 minutes max. In previous hotels around Antalya, the relaxation room was the perfect temperature where people often went to have naps for 2-3 hours. They had curtains in between each bed for a little privacy, and a nice soft music of birds and waterfalls. They also had free tea and apples which you could help yourself too.
Okay, the animation team. They were very rude, and perverted. We were asked by one of them to go to the town disco on Friday. A member of my family asked how much the drinks were there and decided it was too expensive for us and we were content with the hotel disco. He didn't leave us alone, and said "Yes but fun is money money money". As if we were obliged to do what he wanted. From then on every day until Friday, he pestered and argued with us to go. When I was alone he and a few others would catch me (when going to the toilet) and kiss my hands and make me feel very uncomfortable.
And also, I agree with the other person who was frustrated that all the entertainment was in Russian. The shows at 9:30pm were usually good and probably the only thing I looked forward to. I feel bad for the girl, but the singer near the bar wasn't a very good one unless she was singing Turkish. Which was quite rare in our case.
I also got sick and also the other members of our family. And also other families we met at the hotel. All with swollen glands and larygnitis until we left.
I don't mean to be crude, but you couldn't even go to the toilets because the lights automatically went off after 10 seconds if there were no movements.
A good upside was that in one of the pools with seawater, they had music playing. And also they had basketball courts, and ping pong. However you had to leave a 30$ deposit to get the bats and balls for it, which seemed weird to me.
There were dogs and cats everywhere, I personally didn't mind, and actually loved it. But it may bother a lot of others, and it certainly bothered me to see people kick them away.
So yes, the hotel itself was very rich-looking and luxurious, but in my personal opinion, and my families opinion and the other families opinions which we met at the hotel and discussed this with, was that we would never come back to this hotel. And we were very disappointed.
Nevertheless, if you decide to go, you can still have fun with the hot weather and beach. I did get a nice tan along with my laryngitis.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank nancie c
Reviewed August 4, 2011

cant fault this lovely place , staff helpful and polite , no problems with russians, germans or anyone , all just happy to be chillin and on hol , not many english at all but for us this was a positive as we just wanted get away from it all ,,, food lovely and lots of choice , but not for you if you want a full greasy english !!!! as the saying goes " when in rome do as the romans" and you will be sure to enjoy it , plenty of options to eat and drink througout the day and a must is a baked potatoe snack down by the salt water pool in the afternoons chillin to the music ! been back a week and already planning next years hol there but this time will take friends to enjoy it too ,,, all i can say is go and make up your own mind ,,,,, you will not be dissapointed i promise .

Room Tip: we had a club room in the main hotel and it was perfect with spotless balcony and amazing views
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ANGIE2555
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I loved this hotel. Like a lot of 5* hotels in Antalya, it's huge. All drinks were inclusive, including coctails. There are tennis and basketball courts, private beach as well as VIP area in the public beach and the rooms are very clean and luxurious.

The only downside was the food, but there are plenty of options in the local town.

They put on club nights every night, a lot of Russians stay here and the women were stunning. Lots of pools and lots of things to do. Om for families to stay too

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank ozkan1980
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I am regularly staying here once or twice a month during summer time...I am watching the others staying in the hotel for their vacation,they are happy aswell..The hotel is offering a warm atmosphere for everybody(businessman,holiday makers,kids,families etc) to choose one for you..Rooms are perfect,the staff is always friendly and helpful,facilities are really good,aswell as the food..The location is very convenient from the airport and city center..Just 15 minutes from both directions..Cleanliness is outstanding for such a big environment..Shortly it is really good...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KOXAL
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My husband & I stayed for 2 weeks could not fault food, staff or service - rooms a bit dubious in decor but you are on holiday you don't have to live with it - fab for the price thank you

• Stayed: June 2011