“Shame about the bar!”

Best Western Plus Khan Hotel
Ranked #39 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
“Shame about the bar!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

A nice hotel with little to dislike other than the bar. The bar isn't manned and the dubious drinks are delivered from the kitchen if you phone it through. Come on best western this is a good hotel seriously letting itself down.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Hotel very good, ideally situated for local transport and restaurants. It was very room while we were there and air con in room could have been better. No information about area or trips in either our room or reception. Staff could have been more friendly at reception. Breakfast was very good with plenty of selection, but again air con not enough for size of room. Bar area not inviting, never saw anyone use it. Pool very good but if I had children with me would be concerned about the walls surrounding it, needed proper fencing around the walls for safety. All in all a good hotel to pick.

Room Tip: We booked a suite which had plenty off room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jackie C
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great place in the heart of the city - directly in the pedestrian zone, just 5 minutes walk from the beautiful old town (i recommend walks mainly after dinner). Public bus from the airport stops about 15 minutes walk from the hotel.

Rooms are clean and functional if a little small. Free wi-fi works without problems. Hotel has a nice pool with few guests. Hotel organizes once daily free shuttle bus to the private beach (about 10 minutes) with complimentary sun loungers, parasols and towels. The problem is that in the front desk is not written anywhere departure time and the receptionist will tell you different times.

The restaurant is basic standard equipment - choice of breakfast and dinner is also just basic, but a lot of vegetables and fruit, and evening hors d'oeuvres. For traditional Turkish cuisine you have to get out of the hotel. Yet surely the hunger will not :), just maybe do you not overeat unnecessarily.

Mainly problem is front desk - all ladies are very nice, accurate and helpful. But all the gentlemen working there apparently as punishment - unwilling, unpleasant, lazy - and they give wrong information. They are a disgrace hotel and spoils the overall very positive impression.

I recommend this hotel, if you take good price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank metropolisPRG
Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra, India
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

After getting huge awards from Trip Advisor which are prominently displayed in the lobby. .. expectations automatically run high. But I guess after some time all good things turn bad.

Let's start from the beginning. Whilst checking in at 1000 hours after 2 flights from Cappadoccia the receptionist, Mehmet says after checking my confirmation voucher for 2 rooms that the rooms will be available only after 2 pm as per standard but more due to the fact that the hotel is sold out but could give us 1 room at 12 noon. We decided not to waste our day and left our luggage with him n left in the hotel shuttle for the beach with an assurance from him that he will send the luggage to the rooms when they are ready.

Upon my return at 1630 I am told by another lady that there has been only 1 room allocated to me and they have upgraded me to a suite since I have 2 kids. Upon reaching the room I realize that although they have provided me an extra living area but no provisions for the 2 kids to sleep. Upon dialing the reception realized the fone wasn't working and no towels for the kids. I managed with my existing towels but went down to complain on the fone n request for extra bed. The house keeping person came n changed the instrument but did not check the fone.

All this whilst I was on the phone with my agent since the hotel said they had informed the agent about this change of room yesterday. Something which did but match their story in the morning.

There was no water in the room besides the mini bar. When I checked they said we have been provided with tea coffee machines. The sales and marketing lady whilst in conversation was kind enough to offer a bottle complimentary but I refused. I told her if the hotel charged for water unlike Istanbul n Cappadoccia then let it be. I requested the reception to make the bed on d sofa cum bed for the kids in the 'upgraded' room and also provide towels.

After dinner when I return I realise the towels kept on the sofa cum bed but the turn down service not done. I called the reception again only to realize the phone still didn't work.

So I went down n spoke to Fikre the reception lady, the only sanity in the hotel, and asked her for the bedding n phone to which she immediately apologized and called the house keeping. Again.

When I returned my 11 year old had already diagnosed that the cable of the phone wasn't working.

When the house keeping came he said the same thing and changed the cable.

Another person came n gave a bedsheet to my son and left. When I went chasing behind him did he come n tell me that the pillows n blankets were in n the cup board. And left. Not once did he offer to make the bed. It was left to me my wife n my 11 year old.

Is this 5 star? I saw a huge college group of foreign students and realized they had over sold my room to one of those groups.
When I spoke to the lady from sales n marketing she first said offering 2 rooms on different floors was difficult n hence they had informed the agent yesterday but when reminded about Mehmet ' s conversation with me in the morning she accepted it was a mistake.

It might be a decent hotel but definitely whilst handling groups, cannot cater to individual families.

Avoid I would say.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank YusuF P
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Love this hotel. Have stayed here many times on vacation and never been disappointed. Great location for me, in the heart of Antalya, close to everything.

Spotless clean rooms and amenities. Breakfast and Dinner in the dining room are delicious with an enormous variety of dishes.

Front desk staff are extremely polite and helpful. Highly recommended. .

Room Tip: Get the meal plan...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank gwpyvr1
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The best thing about this hotel honestly is the food. The buffet and dinner buffets were truly exceptional. Ultra fresh food and the dessert options were completely unreal. I would stay here just for the food. The location is good, just a few minute walk to the old town. The rooms are comfortable but the huge negative is that they did not have air conditioning in the month of May when I stayed. They said their air conditioning is central and that Turkish guests do not like it and would start complaining so that is why they had it off and just would not turn it on. So the rooms were particularly hot during the day. To be honest the old town of Antalya is so extremely charming that the next time I go there is no way I am not staying inside the old town. After you walk the old town you and see all the boutique hotels you might be depressed about having to go back to the Best Western.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank daydreamjunky
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We arrived at this lovely hotel on my birthday, we were fortunate that our room was very spacious with amazing views from the balcony of snow capped mountains and below onto a square and fountain. The breakfasts and dinners amazing including the biggest desert bar we have ever seen - the best we had on our 14 day tour.

Room Tip: We were lucky to enjoy a corner suite
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple