“Business hotel”

Ranked #14 of 228 Hotels in Antalya
doha
“Business hotel”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Rixos, a five star fine property in down town Antlya but not in city center. No shops or restaurant near by, the closest is the Old city,10 minutes by Car. Room is very spacious with balcony. it has a small dedicated sitting area for watching the TV. Bathroom is very clean. Excellent breakfast with good selection of fresh fruits, green salads and the local cheese. Even though, I was surprised to see the shoehorn (shoespooner) provided in the room. Normally, it is a disposable one in a sealed plastic cover. Here I found a exhaustively used one with a broken handle.
In my knowledge, they handle a number of incentive groups, conferences and Gala dinner. Here also, they surprised me. We had a gala dinner arranged by our organizers. It was a five course dinner as per the menu. We have to wait nearly 45 minutes to get the first course on our table. During this waiting time we have to keep calling the waiters for water or soft drinks which is many times conveniantely ignored. I felt that I was sitting in a public place, may be because they are understaffed. After a long waiting we saw them serving the second course but they came to our table with the third course . Some one pointed out but they said we know it and ignored the question. I noticed that they skipped few tables. By the time they started serving the last course, the sweets after 2 hours, 30 percent of the guests were left. It came to my attention that, one table insist for the second course even after serving their last course. instead of being apologetic for the delay and the confusion, they were annoyed while serving the second course. It was a great pity.
Apart from this, it is a fine business hotel and the staffs are helpful and polite.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room with bath tubs if you use it
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Çağatay K, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Downtown Antalya, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Jacob;

First of all we would like to thank you for spending your time and leaving a comment on tripadvisor web page. Every comments has great importance for us on the way to reach our first aim which is targeted to catch the guests' satisfaction with an understanding of excellent service quality.

We give the directions to our route with your feedbacks. According to that all your comments has been conveyed to our management.

We thank you again for your opinions and hope to see you back here in our house as soon as possible.

Kindest Regards;

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Usually, I stay twice a year in the hotel - and I enjoy it every time. The staff is kind, polite and helpful, the rooms are great ( take a junior suite - it's worth the extra pay ) and the buffet in the restaurant is deliceous. Overall, the hotel has a very nice atmosphere, nice lounges - and every corner of the hotel is well kept and clean.
One problem : the wi-fi is extremely poor, unless you pay extra for an acceptable connection. This price policy is not in line with a hotel of this high standard.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Çağatay K, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Downtown Antalya, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear HCH;

First of all we would like to thank you to spend your time and left your review on tripadvisor with us and the other holidaymakers. We are giving the directions to our route which has targeted the perfection with our guets' feedbacks. And reading such a great reviews froum you makes us so proud and shows us that our route is right.

We are so happy that we could bid farewell happily with our hospitality. Every Rixos member's first aim is to catch the guest satisfaction on our guests.

We work an internet provider in our hotel and they have two internet services as you mentioned. One of them is regular, and the other one is the professional one. Our guests can choose their own internet plan according to their needs. Your comment about this situation has been conveyed to related departments and mannagers to be handled.

We thank you very much again for your intrest and feedbacks. Would love to host you again in our house Rixos Downtown Antalya as soon as possible...

Berlin
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I chose this hotel because located relatively close to the old town (2.5km), but still having everything what a comfortable hotel has to offer: big pool, gym, spacey rooms, near beach and good food (means, I expected it...and look, it was so:). I spent already few my vacations in Antalya. Kaleici is wonderfull, but the hotels there are small and mostly only good for sleeping over. This time I wanted Konyaalti. Hotel is located close to very frequent road, but filtered by the large green-area, the noise is ignorable. But not that one from the neighbor hotel (Falez)...loud animation program all day long (from Kasatchok to Samba)..till midnight. For me OK, I had music in my room (yes, I took my boxes with me) but few seniors on balconies beside mine did not look relaxed trying to reed a book or to enjoy sea view. Falez is located on east of Rixos...so I gues the rooms to the west are not affected. Check In was fast and easy, a concierge helped me with the bag. The room was clean, smelled good, had a separate "sitting corner", big flat TV screen (home-labeled with "Rixos"! :) and a bathroom with big glass-wall to the room. There were 2 chairs and a table on an enough big balcony (side view to the see ...direction downtown Antalya, & Falaz!). Two 0,5L bottles of watter were daily available...for free. Breakfast and dinner were very good. Some waiters were friendly and tended to keep "individual approach" to every guest, some (younger) appeared more confuse..probably because unexperienced and sometimes acting to fast (like, waiting on my last mouthful of food and then taking my dish away, while I still was chewing!). Food selection was excellent, especially dessert sweeties, creams, baklavas, fruits etc. My only complain is...the description of the meals by dinner was not really exact, mostly only "filled paprika", or "filled" this and that, but filled with what? I am vegetarian and found side dishes tasty, but vegetarian main dish wouldn't harm! The pool is an absolute highlight. End of September there is no battle for the deck-chairs. Lot of trees around, pool long enough even for serious swimming, sun till 6 pm. I loved it! Gym is located on the same level as SPA and the pool. It has all usual machines and it's open till 9 pm. SPA looked wonderful, but i didn't use it. Maybe next time. A Café on ground floor offers a good selection on teas. Hotel has a seaside exit, which leads through a big park, down side the hill, over a lot of stairways and woody roads till the beach-promenade. Rixos has some kind of contract with a part of the beach/a beach bar which is located approx. 800m away. A buss shuttle supposes to drive there few times daily, but I always took a walk. Deck-chaires and sunshades there are free for hotel guests.
You will need about 15min. by the tram to the old town, or less with some of the numerous dolmuses driving on the main road.
Guests-population is a good mix of Russians, Asians, North-Europeans and Turkish/Arabic visitors.
Rixos Downtown is a solid Hotel for beach-vacation combined with a city-trip. I would visit it again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Dr_Van_der_Trip
Dear Dr_Van_Der_trip;

Above all, we would like to thank you to spend your precious time to write this comment on tripadvsor. Every feedback has great importance for us and also they enlighten the other holidaymakers about us for their vacation plans.

Our first aim is to catch the guest satisfaction on our every guests and we are so proud that we could catch that on you too. Reading great feedbacks from our guests is so motivated.

Thank you very much again and hope you to let us to host you again in our house Rixos Downtown Antalya in the nearest time.

Best Wishes;
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights and it was just like a dream the stuff was very friendly , the rooms was very clean regardless of the TV channels the food was excellent and yammy the pool was very clean , I love the view from our room I loved that we could spent the whole vacation in the hotel without any need to go out ,the transportation was so good all we need is to ask for a taxi and in second we get it Rixos Downtown is the best hotel and deserve more rhat 5 stars rate

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Bseiso;

Above all we are so happy to read your feedbacks about your stay in Rixos Downtown Antalya and would like to thank you to spend your time for writing it. Every comment is really important for us on the way to reach our first aim which targeted the perfection.

Reading great feedbacks and comments from our guests, makes us so proud and motivated. Our first aim is to catch the guest satisfaction on our every guests with our guest oriented service quality and we are so happy that we could catch that on you too.

Thank you very much for your fabulous comment and hope to see you again in Rixos Downtown Antalya again...

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed November 5, 2013

this is the best hotell i ever ben in antalya its my 2 time and will gå bak there very nice peopol very helpfull and they are expert the have some one she is very profotionel shis name is gizam nesrin shi always helpt oss with evry thing we neded and they have very nice stuff they working on reception like one girl she is very frendly shis name is side and al they worker ther are very kindliy

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Abu Abed;

Above all we would like to thank you for your feedback which you have spent your time and shared with us. According to your feedbacks we are getting closer to the excellance on Rixos Service Quality step by step.

We are happy to see that we could catch the Guest Satisfaction, which is our first goal. Rixos cares guests' comments according to our guest orianted service. And reading great comments makes us so proud and motivated. Your special thanks has been conveyed to our Rixos member.

We would like to thank you very much again and hope to see you in our house again as soon as possible...

Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Excellent ambiance and cleanliness of the hotel and its surroundings. Quite friendly staff. Food excellent and varied. Spa radiates a special oriental charm. I recommend a traditional hammam treatment. The beach is difficult to reach by foot, there is a shuttle service. On the beach you can get only one towel. Sea is one of the most beautiful for swimming.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Samas;

First of all we would like to thank you for your comment which you spent your time and wrote on tripadvisor. We are so glad that we could catch the guest satisfaction on you too which is our first aim in our missions.

Especially reading your great feedbacks about our staff and foods made us so proud. Every member of our team try to do their best for guests with all hospitality of Rixos Hotels.

Thank you very much again for your feedbacks and hope to see you in Rixos Downtown Antalya again as soon as possible...

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We just spent a week at the Rixos and I think it has to be one of the most difficult hotels to review. Service ranged from excellent with really cheerful staff (even cracking jokes!) down to some others who couldn't even be bothered to smile and verged on hostile and the reception is the best example of this. One male member of staff in the restaurant looked at me as if I were an alien from outer space one evening! Service in the restaurant in the evening is very good, yet at breakfast very poor with guests having to stand up to ask staff to bring coffee. This is why it is difficult to review. The food is generally good and the hotel is clean, rooms are nice and the foyer is very smart. The pool is also very pleasant and wasn't too busy. There is also a good mix of guests including Germans, Swedes, Russians, a few Brits and Turks. Be warned however, the standard of English is low in the majority of cases. We are lucky that English is the language of communication between different nationalities but it really wasn't up to scratch. I speak several languages myself but Turkish isn't one of them and found it hard to make myself understood. All in all the stay was pleasant but some basic English lessons with a focus on hospitality vocab and a bit of training in smiling for certain staff would be valuable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Çağatay K, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Downtown Antalya, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Richy434;

First of all we would like to thank you to spend your time and write this comment in terms of evaluating. Every comment from our guests has great importance to us for reaching our goal, and giving directions to the route which targeted the excellence.

Reading the nice reviews from you about our service and staff, made us so happy except for a few issue. These issues have been conveyed to the related departments and managers to investigate and to resolve them.

We thank you again for your comment on Tripadvisor and would like to host you in Rixos Downtown Antalya again as soon as possible...