I stayed over Christmas holidays (*)
The hotel only has a nice appearence. There is no substance.
- Rooms and lobby look nice
- Property looks nice
- Staff is kind but slow to understand and even slower to act
- It is clean
- Breakfast has the most abundant selection that I ever saw!
- food is average to poor
- services are faltering and not functioning properly
> Pre-paid transport (limousine) was not there - my friend who talks no english was pestered by locals while waiting for my arriva. She had to stand by the police box to be safe
> Room service takes hours and they get the order wrong
> I clearly marked DRY CLEAN on a cashmere top and it was washed in water!!!!! Destroyed! Not reimbursed.
> I ordered chicken at the luxury restaurant and it was not cooked inside. That night I felt my bowels very upset. I received apologies.
> 3 days later, same chicken (a russian dish) same mistake!!!! Food is evidently precooked (badly) and not prepared at the time of order.
> I forgot my electric face shaver and the hotel refused to send it back to me because they would not pay 19$ (yes nineteen) for a post package. I offered to pay with credit cards but they refused and wanted only cash (doooh) but their bank didn't use international coordinates system - impossible to wire money. I left my shaver there and bought a new one!
The hotel is full of Russians (cheap ones) and it is geared to glitter for that clientele. They even have Russian speaking staff and a Russian guest centre!
In short: poor experience.
Glitter but not quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in exotic gardens in Ataturk Culture Park, this 5-star hotel near Konyaaltı Beach overlooks sea and Taurus Mountains. It offers 4 dining outlets, a lagoon-style pool and a free shuttle to the beach. Konyaalti Beach is 300 metres away. For those who like to work out, the luxurious Rixos Downtown provides a modern gym and 2 tennis courts. There is also a spa where guests can unwind in the Turkish bath, or with a relaxing massage treatment. The Rixos Lounge features a panoramic terrace and serves upscale international cuisine in chic surroundings, while the Beach Bar&Restaurant is located on Konyaaltı Beach and offers an a la carte menu. The hotel also features a range of bars serving exotic cocktails and light snacks. The bright guest rooms are decorated with rich fabrics and offer a private balcony with views of Antalya or the Mediterranean Sea. They also have a flat-screen TV with satellite channels and a seating area with a couch. Rixos Downtown’s tour desk offers advice about local trips and excursions. Antalya Museum is 10 minutes by walk, and Konyaalti Beach is a 14-minute walking distance. If travelling further, a car rental service is provided. THE LAND OF LEGENDS OFFER Valid for the stays from 20 April 2017 until 31 October 2017. Free transportation; Departure time 10 am - Return time 6 pm. Free transportation is not available on the day of arrival. This offer is not valid on the day of check out. Guests must be check-in to Rixos Downtown Antalya. Operation days of theme park may be changed or cancelled depending on weather conditions. This offer is not applicable to Meeting, Incentive, Congress & Events guests. The Land of Legends Theme Park is located in Belek. Please contact the hotel for further information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rixos Downtown Antalya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rixos Downtown Antalya Hotel Antalya
- Sheraton Antalya
- Antalya Sheraton