“Mixed feelings”

Ranked #20 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for family vacation. It is an impressive hotel, very nice inside and outside. The customer relations team was very nice, however the reception team wasn't nice at all and most of the waiters didn't speak English at all!.

One thing that really bothered me is that their website does not tell the truth about the hotel. I saw it clearly said they have a Jacuzzi, but when I got to the hotel, basically they have a sort of a Jacuzzi inside the pool. This Jacuzzi was very cold, and even after asking them to make it hot, it was impossible to relax there. SO NO JACUZZI.

The same happened with the a ´la carte restaurants. They say they have 11, but in winter only 3 of them were open. Still no mention of this in the website.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank DTA80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We were there with our 2 years old son. Everything was ok. A very pleasant stuff. Good animations, food, accommodation, equipment for children. A very nice beach and clean water.
Good conditions for running on the beach. You can run about 4,5km one way and 4,5km back. Sometimes harder beach, sometimes soft beach it mean it was not so good but not terrible. Morning running was unforgettable for me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tittinka
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Having stayed at delphin palace last year, thought we would try the imperial for a winter break.having heard mixed reports last year, we can only say that the hotel has been fantastic.the waiters have been amazing don't have to wait for anything.not many English here but we don't mind that.possibly English people assume it would be cold.pleasantly surprised that we could use the heated pool outside as well as inside.the bathroom has rain shower,fantastic but if you like a bath then enquire when booking.always found something good to eat,varied menu,if anything not quite right only had to ask and it was put right immediately.would come back again.we stayed in room 5069,the bradshaws.

Room Tip: All rooms fantastic,didn't request sea view at this time of year but worth paying the supplement...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rex B
Nazareth, Israel
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Beautiful new hotel .. one of the best .. also very similar to hotels las vigas. What I did not like this service workers in food and drinking behavior very blunt if you do good.All rooms are pretty good and new .. But the sea side is better All rooms are quiet I think .. I was on the 7th floor beautiful view

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty good and new .. But the sea side is better All rooms are quiet I think .. I was...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank sahersh
Marmaris
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We decided to go to Lara Beach for the new year break. We have done this several times before at different hotels and so were guided by tripadvisor. The number 1 hotel was not available so we booked for 5 nights at the number 2 the Delphin Impeial.
The hotel is really grand and after some discussion we were given a room that we had booked with a sea view, be warned they offer a side/seaview and due to the shape of the hotel you may have to lean out of your balcony to get a sea view in some of their rooms!
The main problem for us with this hotel was the quality of the bars and the quality of the food. The bars dispensed poor quality cocktails and lacked any atmosphere.
The buffet restaurant which we used 2 nights out of 5, the dishes were very Germanic. The Chinese a la carte restaurant was without a doubt the worst chinese food I have had anywhere in the world. The Italian alacarte was good.
The Gala New Years Eve dinner ,for which we were taken to the sister hotel next door which had a ballroom especially opened up for this function, up until the main course the food was really good, however the main course was grossly overcooked an uneatable.
We assumed that when we booked the room, we would automatically be booked for the Gala dinner. This was not the case. There was no information availale about the special booking required for the Gala night and when we discovered this we were told it was not possible as it was full and it took us two days of dealing with Guest services to get a booking at an extra cost of 50 euros each. I thought That Guest Services handling of this situation was appalling.
All in all although we had a good time ti was generally not satisfactory.
Also, would like to point out to other Brits that although there were over 2000 guests at the hotel we were the only two Brits there
I fail to see how this can be ranked number 2 in Antalya, we have stayed at 4 other 5 star all inclusives here and this is without a doubt the worst of them.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify sea view and not side/seaview otherwise you will be fobbed off with an inferio...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank ChrisandTitch
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed at this resort in May 2013 . Totally wowed by the interiors and quality of furnishing. Rooms are huge and well furnished . Big shower cubicle .
Got great rates online through the hotel website.
Lot of variety of food, but taste could be improved.
Great service for drinks around the pool side. Room service is free after all the restaurants close down at night. Surely nobody sleeps hungry even if they miss dinner !!!
Kids had a great time in the evenings in the small play park inside the hotel premises. They provided candy floss and popcorn for free !!!
Posting a late review as we are considering to go back again May this year . Hope it is as good as it was last year !!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank holiday12366
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Very disappointed this time, in short if the hotel is full staff wont have time for you and if you have a food allergy forget it. It seems that guest services are too busy to reply to individual emails/complaints and spend more time trawling websites for reviews so here is mine and maybe after 6 months I may get a response!

3 star service in a 5 star building basically sums up my review and I really don't think that Thomas Cook should be advertising this in their Ultimate Luxury Brochure

Dear guest services

I would like to draw your attention to the following review that I am
about to post on trip advisor but since we have stayed with Delphin so
many times I would like to give you the opportunity to comment before
I post this. I have to say that after staying at the Delphn for 4
years I was very very disappointed this time! I look forward to your
comments shortly as my friends have also asked my opinions and I
would like to give them an honest one!

Traveled in August 2013 for 10 days with 2 kids (age 2 & 6).

We have stayed with the Delphin group for 4 years, twice at the palace
and twice at the Imperial. After a great experience last year at the
Imperial we decided to book there again this year and regretted it!
Last year the hotel was new and not very full, staff were very
accommodating and attentive. This year could not have been more
different. It was really busy everywhere all the time. The waiters
are too busy clearing tables quickly and as previous reviews have
mentioned there was broken glass almost every meal time, some of which
flew past my 2 year olds head!

Guest services team is too small to manage to accommodate all the
guests to a decent level. They are only open every 2 hours, no
messages are passed between the team members so you have to repeat
yourself or get told the person you were dealing with is busy so come
back later!!! I have worked in the service industry and would never
have sent a guest away with such a response and not even bother with a follow up.
This gets very annoying when all the kids want to do is go swimming to
wait around for a member of guest services to speak to you. When they
finally do speak to you they constantly answer calls or have to run
off to sort out something elsewhere in the hotel and tel you to wait
for them to come back!

In the main and lunch buffet the food labeling is dreadful, there is
no information on the cards as to what is actually in the food, ie
Meat with potatoes but you have to find someone to ask them what meat
it is!
If you have food allergies you don't have a chance,!!, Every meal time
you will have to go through the rigmarole of finding a chef that
speaks English to walk you through the entire buffet to tell you what
you can and can't eat and absolutely nothing will be made differently
for you. If you dine outside at lunch the waiters don't have a clue!

All they need to do is add allergy information to the food labels
(which i did suggest during my stay!!) I have stayed at 3 star places
that have better labeling and try harder to accommodate allergies.
EVERYONE we spoke to from the UK was disappointed with the food!

At the Imperial we were given a lovely room on the second floor
however this was by an ice machine which is used constantly! even at 3am! The room was also near the lifts and most guests would not be considerate enough to respect a do not disturb sign at 2am! as well as the noise
from the bar late into the night. We asked to move but there was nothing
else available that was as big. I appreciate they gave us a nice room
but no consideration into how this could affect the kids.

Having made my gripe about the food the rest of the holiday was good.
The kids loved the mini water slides that are aimed at kids under 10
and not very confident swimmers. There is also a much bigger slide
pool that older kids and adults love but it is very hard to find the
rubber rings you need to go down the slide, you have to hover around and wait for someone to finish with theirs!

I would best describe this hotel as 3 star service in a 5 star
building and it would take a lot for me to stay there again without
any major changes!!!!
Have joined a forum to research more allergy friendly hotels in Antalya and got a load of recommendations from other guests at the Imperial who like us would not stay there again and like us have been going to Delphin multiple times. Should have stuck with the Palace

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family