Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara
Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya(Antalya)(Great Value!)
$65
  • Breakfast included
Akra(Antalya)
$140
$107
Alp Pasa Hotel(Antalya)(Great Value!)
$73
  • Pool
$270
  • Breakfast included
1,744 results
All reviewscamelot baraqua bara la carte restaurantsmain restaurantrelax poolguest relationsturkeychocolate barroller skatingluna parkthe wow factorpizzacandy flosskids clubsea viewpirate shipfree room service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have just returned from the most amazing holiday ever!! We just spent a week at the Delphin Imperial The holiday was for my husbands birthday at the end of October. As our family comprises of 2 teenagers 1 toddler and an infant, I was worried that there would not be a wide enough range of activities for them all to do, and to allow My husband and I to get a real break, but I need not have worried it was perfect. The Hotel itself is so beautiful and it really lives up to a true 5 star standard!! But away from from the quiet elegance of the Lobby areas, there was loads for the Kids to do there were Kids clubs and entertainment for the toddlers and they even had their own pool. Then Teenagers had the Water-park and the games rooms. and with so many different restaurants we sometimes only met up with our Teenagers when it was time to get ready for dinner (All Inclusive was made for families they didn't need us for anything) they could have food and drink throughout the day . That allowed my husband and I to have some real quality time of our own, and to enjoy the adult activities, the Spa facilities were great! we went from Salt Room, to Rain room, then had a Sauna also booked myself the hot stone massage this is a must! pure relaxation! As a family we then had the evening entertainment shows every night something different and even a fireworks display on one night (although we to take a jacket as they stage was outside and it got quite chilly in the evenings) but our daytime temperatures were very hot still in late October we had temperatures of 33 degrees some days (got a lovely tan) Later in the night Kids in bed Teenagers watching TV we even popped into the disco and had a dance (we haven't had the chance to do that in ages)

Restaurants and the food was great so much choice and excellent quality there was no cutting corners on standards or service, Waiters were very good we had excellent service but especially want to say Mohammed and Murat who served us every day were exceptional. Also want to say thanks to the Guest relations Manager she was so helpful she sorted out our Restaurant bookings for the A-La-cart restaurants and told us were to go shopping for best deals. All the staff loved children so for families its quite a relief not to always be panicked about your children making noise or running around as the staff were completely comfortable with it, in fact they sometimes encouraged it, much to my children's delight.

There were a couple of issues, just minor things, on the night we arrived the travel cot we requested was not in our room and as we checked in at 9pm we were very tired, and we then had to wait for it to be brought up. Also the room cleaning was done quite late most days, but I think its just because the hotel is so big! the Housekeeping staff seemed to work very hard, but sometimes things were forgotten, one day no towels another day no toiletries replenished. but these thing were minor, and we reported it to the front desk and it was dealt with immediately.

I have to say for us it was a dream holiday perfect for 2 very busy parents who wanted to just have some time to relax with their children. I would go back without hesitation again and again and again........l

Room Tip: Book a sea view or get an upgrade its worth it! we up graded to a sea view room this was great! the views were amazing and we choose 4th floor not too high with children but still good views. We also had connecting rooms so our teenagers were next door, much more reassuring for parents.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank abibella
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Perfect 5* hotel for family with children stay.Stuff totally friendly, very nice pools, more than enough space on sunbeds everywhere. Children animation team with Saskia is top of the top- children just want to go with her everyday even if they do not speak her language! Every night she takes children away to "minidisco" when they have eaten and parent can have 2hours on their own and know that children were taken care well. Restaurants are very good, food is very various and very very tasty. Stuff in restaurants are doing their best and it doesnt matter you give them tip or not- they are always friendly!(tried with and without tip) but just wanted to give tip after such srvices. We had sea side room - very nice view over pools. Lots of shoping centers around.
Only con- internet not always working in the room- sometimes must just restart or move computer, but they said their are working on it.

Room Tip: Take sea side- in other case you will see street and 5-8 stock buildings and desert at your balcony!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Darius I
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed for a week in August in a seaside view superior room with my young family of four. The room was more than adequate with all the necessary amenities. The hotel was recently opened and boasts of impressive modern decor and facilities. Varied meals accommodating taste of tourists from different parts of the world but can be bland. The in between snacks and drinks flow non-stop. The spa is wonderful; a Turkish bath is must and also endless adult and children’s pools to accommodate the large number of guess. In spite of its size the hotel, it is ideal for all types of holiday i.e. family, honeymooners and senior citizens, there are separate pool areas for adults. The location of the hotel is ideal less than 30 minutes from the airport and about 30 minutes from Lara Town which has a full fledged mall. Entertainment is not bad, was is a show every night for both children and adults.

Delphin Imperial is a fantastic all inclusive destination with a lots of water sport activity for all ages.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Tunde S
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is one of the toughest reviews I have written. I found this hotel in two extreme ends-- too good and too bad. We stayed in a junior suite and the room size was big. Lets start with the things we liked:

Like:
The hotel building is grand and beautiful
Good Ala-Carte restaurants
Good Spa facilities
Excellent private beach
Big room size
Few staff members were helpful
Loved the lobby
Beautiful Pier
Excellent facilities at private beach

Dislike:
Many staff members were unhelpful.
The food in the buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner is too poor and with equally poor quality. There were many dishes over the period of 3 days which were repeated for three continous days and it was confirmed by a very helpful waiter who said some dishes are left over from Lunch. They have to improve on the food quality. Even though we stayed in a junior suite - it did not even had basic amenities in the room, just the room size was big. Even though the temperature was 28*c the aircon was switched off by hotel management. The mini bar in the room was switched off so you have to drink the drinks at room temp. The cleaning service was not upto the mark as it should be for a 5* deluxe hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Chandan P
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had booked a one night stay at this stunning hotel having already booked a two week stay for next year in May. We were in Lara for 2 weeks at the Barut Lara and thought this was an excellent chance to have a taster of things to come. We had an idea of what standards to expect having already stayed at the sister hotel the Delphin Palace in 2007.
We arrived earlier than the 2pm check-in but were informed we could have a drink and our room would be ready shortly.We sat on the lovely terrace off the main lobby and had an ice cold bottled of Becks beer each.We got our room key around 12.40pm and we were informed it was on the 7th floor which I knew had rooms with a bath.The room was absolutely lovely and of a good size, we had booked a Junior Suite. The bath must be the biggest in Lara ! I looked out and we had a lovely sunny balcony but we never sat on it as we had just a short time to explore. We unpacked and put our valuables in the safe and went to the lobby as when we checked in the Reception Guy who was very friendly said we may be able to book an Al a carte with Guest Services so we went to ask but were told all were fully booked. We explained we had just one night but had 2 weeks booked next year so not a problem.He then said we could possibly fit you in the Greek so we said thank you and asked him a few questions about the hotel.I wanted to know the rule on using the other two Comert Hotels the Diva and Palace on either side of the Imperial. Currently Imperial Guests can use the other two for 2 hours per day between 3-5pm but you must go to the main entrance not from the beach.The other 2 hotels can only use the Imperial for one hour. This however is subject to change. We thanked him for his help and off we went.
Starving we went to get some food and came across the made to order Pizza, having heard the pizzas were good here. I must say I found them pretty average. The bottled Mariachi we had with it was icy cold. We walked further on towards the beach and saw the Kebabs stand and would have prefered that but had to pass by as we were full. We noticed baked potato was available at 4.30pm and decided we would have that later. We got to the pier and found seats and spent a good 2 hours on there. We loved it with the lively atmosphere and great bar with ice cold beer and waiter service . They serve cocktails , Coffee and cookies fruit etc to. The beach was full and loads of people were swimming in the sea and this was 6th November and baking hot ! We were so glad we saw the hotel in full swing in the beautiful sunshine. We went for our baked potato with cheese and then went to find the Al a carte for that evening. It was near the Irish pub and we had a drink there before getting ready for dinner. The hotel does have the wow factor and even the toilets are stunning and all different styles and decor and everywhere is spotlessly clean,
We got ready and could not wait to try the Greek restaurant. We loved the oppulence of the huge Restaurant and it was pretty full at 8pm. We were served by a really friendly guy and service was good but not rushed.Some of the food was not really to my liking and not what we expected but would be absolutely fine if you are more adventurous with food. Food was beautifully served on nice tableware.The lamb shank was good and dessert. House wine was nice and topped up as required. We left impressed with the service and ambience.
We then went to the lobby bar and as big as the hotel is with vast seating areas it was pretty full. There was a band on later and quite alot of guests up dancing. Service was not so good were we were sat but other than this one occasion service was very good. We decided to go to the Irish bar and it was good for those liking football with one side abit like a sports bar. There was food laid out in there and I believe is available during the night. We popped in the Disco which is close by and looked like it would be a great in high season.
We went to the room and settled for the night !
Next day was glorious again and we went to have breakfast. The breakfast was similar to most hotels but the food area is huge and we felt overwhelmed but then found things like butter after wandering round for a while. We enjoyed our breakfast in one of the beautiful dining areas and service was good for hot drinks etc.
We went and saved sunbeds at the adult relax pool and my husband had a swim saying it was like a bath in there. We had already decided we wanted the kebab for lunch so off we went to have an hour on the pier before we had to vacate the room at midday.We checked out but then had the luggage with us and my laptop.
Our friend a barman at the Barut lara said his friend was a bar chief at the Imperial and wrote his name down for us. We never expected to find this guy and would have come away without trying but it became obvious some drinks carry a charge and I wanted to investigate this for us and some forum friends going next summer. The barman looked familiar and was from the Susesi and he confirmed some drinks had a charge. He spoke to another guy with a tie and he came back with the list of prices. I had previously shown the barman the name of the chief who we thought was just a person higher than a barman. We were told our bar chief will come to speak to you. He only turns out to be Head of Bars and Restaurants at the hotel.He was previously at the Barut Lara in 2005. He said he would look after us during our stay but I explained we were going back to the Barut lara. He sent a waiter off to get us beach bags and T shirts and caps each. We had a chat and I said we had only come for one night to sample the hotel before we stay next year for 2 weeks. I asked about the drink charges and he explained until the 1st November most drink except special wines and Champagne were included in summer.Problem solved ! In May we will be on summer concept. The choice was still excellent in winter !
We went to the sunbeds and had a couple of hours there. I went for the kebabs which were yummy and we had a beer. It was awkward having the luggage with us but for this we could have happily stayed all day. We decided to head home to the Barut lara happy in the knowledge that we would be having 2 weeks at this stunning hotel next May. We only heard one English voice there but TC do not have this hotel in winter.
I think we are in for a treat !!

Room Tip: We had a suite for our one night but next year could only have standard room but feel sure it will be wonderful to !
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple