“Pleasantly surprised!”

Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara
Ranked #21 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I went for 10 days and came back yesterday - we always felt this was the 'right' amount of time for us - however, we both agreed that this is the first time that we could happily have stayed away for 2 weeks! I have stayed in some amazing 'Hotels of the world' (Raffles in Singapore, Burj-Al-arab Dubai), and it's true to say that the Delphin Imperial comes pretty close. We had booked a standard room with a land view, however when we arrived (very quick, easy book in process), we were told we'd been upgraded to a junior suite on the 2nd floor, sea view! (no noise form the disco at night either!) We were delighted! Everyone was very helpful, true to say that we had a couple of difficulties with the language barrier, but this in no way marred our holiday in any way....a good sense of humour goes a long way. We noticed how hard the staff work and long hours, so really appreciated even more the lengths they go to to help the guests. Many people have already mentioned the girls on skates, cleaning your sunglasses etc...staff went beyond the call of duty. We often saw waiters insisting on carrying the elderly guests dinner to their tables. If you were struggling to put a sun brolly up then someone quickly came to help! We found the food exceptional ---- never had a problem with booking the A-la-carte restaurants. We saw people queuing from 8.20am to book, but we rang at 8.45 each morning from our rooms and always got booked in! We tried all the A-la-cartes but found the main buffet to be of a very high standard. We were impressed that putting your towel down to reserve sunbeds before 8.30 am was prohibited - if this happened, then staff were seen removing the towels! It stopped the age-old problem of people getting up at 4am to reserve sun beds in their prime spot!! Saying this, we never had a problem getting a sunbed ever - we always went to the 'relax pool' where children under 14 were not allowed (no offense intended to those who have children, as there were 2 much larger, better equipped pools for kids). This is a huge hotel, but caters extremely well for all guests. Entertainment was a little 'cheesy' in the evenings, but after a couple of drinks it becomes much better!! As for the drinks, this is a true all-inclusive - proper alcohol, with proper measures. All in all, we felt thoroughly spoiled and wouldn't hesitate to go again - we just hope that it will maintain the same high standard in the years to come.

3  Thank Elvis4paws
Write a ReviewReviews (1,695)

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet! This hotel is the most breathtaking hotel we have ever laid our eyes upon. The interior is so fantastic and the exterior!

Good points:
Service is second to none
Beautiful, clean, huge pools
Large, clean, confortable rooms
Not overcrowded at all
The lobby is truly amazing as is the rest
Genuine brands of alcohol and all drinks
So many good points, I literally can not write them all!

Bad Points:
The hotel is over run by Germans! Staff speak little English but ALL speak fluent German purely due to them being the main tourists here! I have found the Germans arrogant and unfriendly but don't let them ruin your holiday get on with it!!
At 'the waffle bar' there was a piece of metal in there nearly broke my tooth! Reported it and stressed I was unahppy however they can't understand me!
Food is good, lots of choice but tasteless.
When shopping please haggle as the Turks will rob you blind and they are extremely pushy. Just say NO

I'm sure none of the bad points will happen to you!

I must say before I go. DO NOT TRAVEL WITH THOMAS COOK. Started with our flight to turkey being delayed by 6 hours! So people were 24 hours delayed. Staff gave us no reason to the delayed just casually said it as though it was nothing. And 'kindly' gave us £4 to compensate the delay. It was truly laughable. We finally arrived at our stunning hotel at 2am (we literally missed a whole days holiday due to Thomas cook). A rep was supposed to help and guide us however for the first week the rep wasnt there at all. A Turkish gentleman from Tez Tours kindly phoned our rep to see where she was at 9:30am, when we spoke to her using her mobile she sounded as though she was in bed hungover, however she would come straight away to meet us. An hour passed and she didn't even bother to come! Enough said. There were other problems however this hasn't turned out to be 'short and sweet' at all.

Over all stunning, amazing, fabulous hotel. It is pure luxury and we will most definatley return!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just returned 2 weeks ago 15th-21st sept, arrived on a sat afternoon at 2pm.Had been to the susesi hotel in belek for a week before we came to here Fab hotel also. Had a fantastic room sea view room on 7th floor room 7032 straight out the lifts room right there .the View was fantastic you could see everything! best bit was watching the cooks start dinner up in there big woks everynight from the balcony lol.. and people sitting down for dinner @ 6pm lol bit early for us ... Hugh bath fitting 2 in ..didnt use it though didnt have enough time lol rain shower overhead which was fab and normal shower head , 2 sinks one for me and one for him.room was fab big bed choice of 7 pillows on the menu card ..lol and also a single bed used that to throw all me clothes on lol Mini bar great stocked every day efes beer pop, water, mars bar [turkish one], nuts.Had 2 hugh plates of fruit in the room on diff days, also a delphin bag on bed one day when came up to room very nice it was to.clean towels every day anything you wanted cleaners happy to give you.
Al a cartes had no problem booking them no need to queue just ring up at 9am and bingo any one available went to 4 of them. in 6 days .you can even go to guest relations and they will book you in any of them with no problems.dont know why people are going to the machine to book them. We went to the Fusion, Helen, museum and chinese[ forgot its name] resturants .. all of them Free..

Evening buffet best one have ever been to lol OMG it is fantastic, just wish we had.had 14 days there lol.
From the roller skate girls who brought the drinks round the pool to the bar staff to the cleaners who come round by the pool the were all superb.this hotel is fantastic and I have been the Susesi, voyage Rixos, diamond in belek this is one hotel to book !

Room Tip: Floor 7 has baths and great sea views, pool views
7  Thank treaclechops
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Today we came back from Delphin Imperial. We where there in june from this year also and again it was fabulous. I really can't imagine why people would complain about this hotel. Okay, it is bigger than the other Delhpin hotels but when you read the info before you book you can know this. And yes, if you walk with your full plate before you have found a table your food will be cold, surprise, surprise. The service in the hotel is great, regardless if you're in the Aqua bar, the Pier, the Disco, restaurant, etc , etc. The waiters and staff will do anything to satisfy you and nothing is to much for them. If I must say a few negative things, it was the cleaning of the rooms, that was not so good as in june, but still nothing to complain about. Rooms from the 7th till 9th floor have a bath ánd rain shower, a king size bed and a normal bed, flat screen tv with also a few Dutch channels. But more space for your clothes would be very nice, the closet is too small even with only 2 persons we could not hang or lay all our clothes. The food was awesome, there was lot's of different food too choose from, the food was warm and there was plenty enough tables for the smokers and non smokers. If you come around 20:00 hrs it is possible you need to wait a while but the waiters will ask everybody if it's okay for other people to join them.It was our 5th time in a Delhin hotel and we will be back again again next year for sure!

5  Thank Anita W
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Lets get th enegatives out of the way as they are few. As in most of the other reviews I think it is worth commenting on the A La Carte booking system. The computers for booking open at 0845 every morning and you can only book for the following night. You need to get to the computers early ie 40mins before opening to get in the queue as they fill up quickly. On one occasion when I was first in the queue one of the restaurants was already full, not sure how that happens? You need to do this every day if you want to go to the A La Cartes. There is also an automated phone line which opens at 0900 for you to use. This system means that if you arrive on say Monday at 1300 you won't be able to go to an A La Carte until Wednesday evening as you would on be able to book on the morning of the Tuesday. This differs to many all inclusive hotels I have been to where you can book a few restaurnats at the start of your stay. The main gripe I really have with this system is that I am on holiday, I don't want to have to get up early just so I can go to an A La Carte restaurant I do enough of that whilst I am at work! The other minor issue I had and this is probably very personnal and would be classed as picky by many others but apparently it is hotel policy not to let you have an iron to iron your clothes. This is the first hotel I have been to that has such a policy. I can understand not putting an iron in every room due cost etc but when requested not to supply one seems odd, perhaps this is just me I don't know. Either that or it is so they can make some money from charges for laundry services? That's really it for me on the negatives, minor ones really and nothing to spoil your holiday.

The enterance and lobby area of the hotel are very grans with glass lifts and an enourmous chandelier to light it. The furniture was to a high standard and there were plenty of seats to be found. Off of the lobby is the main buffet, the Patisserie, a lobby bar and an outside bar. On the basement level were some shops, most of the A La Cate restaurants, another bar, th enight club and bowling alley. It is on this level that you find the Spa and exit to the pool area.

We had Requested a land side room as we were led to belive they were bigger and weren't to interested in having a sea view. On arrival we were allocated a room on the 8th floor and weren't disappointed. The room was decorated in a modern style with a (I think) super King bed which was very comfortabel and also had a single bed as well. I think the only other thing to mention about the bed is that the duvet supplied seemed a little small for the bed as it only just covered the bed with no one in it and therefore didn't cover the whole bed when occupied. There is a tv and minibar in the room with beer, soft drinks, water, nuts and chocolate which is replenished everyday. The hanging space is adequate and should meet most peoples requirements. The bathroom is spacious with a large shower, no bath, with a drencher shower head and also a normal shower head. Hair and body wash is also supplied and replenished if neccessary. The room was kept spotlessly clean and on occasion the obligatory towel birds etc with petals were to be found. Whilst we were staying they also notified us that they were going to spray a pesticide in the room, a nice touch I thought to keep those pesky biters away. The view from the balcony wasn't very pretty but didn't bother us as we weren't in the room much.

The food is mostly to a high standard whith a couple of exceptions. The Buffet restaurant is quite large and has a wide variety of choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner with something for everybody. The only disapointing aspect is the layout. When you arrive at the main restaurant you are straight in to the food area which means you have alot of people crossing each other all of the time which is a bit hectic. The food isn't laid out in the most logical order either ie. starter the mains then desserts, as aspects of all of these courses are found throughout the buffet area even going outside.

We went to two A La Cartes the Lalazar Turkish restaurnat which was superb, nice to eat dwon by the beach and the food was excellent. We also went to the meat and wine restaurant which on the whole was nice although you weren't asked how you liked your steak and when it came out my rib was over cooked and dry. The other point to note is that you need to ask your server to give you a break between courses other wise they come at you one after the other.

The pool areas are lovely with five pools, childrens, indoor, normal, activity and relax pool. All of ther pool areas are spotlessly clean with people walking around constantly emptying bins etc. You are served on your lounger but girls on roller blades who work very hard and come round on a regular basis. There are two bars near the pools both of which serve food, one a buffet and the other has pizza, hot dogs, waffles and ice cream. Outside there is also a small "hut" which has throughout the day kebabs, meat wraps, smoothies and baked potatoes all of which are great. There are some water slides and a small funfair near the activity pool and although the "animation team" do come around to get you involved in the activities they aren't pushy.

The evening entertainment was good although the gala night on a Friday seemed a little flat in comparison to the normal evening shows.

The beach is a mixture of dark sand and shell with loungers in rows and a kids activity area. There is also a pier bar which is lovely to sit at during the day and especially in the evening. There are also loungers on the pier.

The Spa is lovely and the turkish bath which is free to use is definatley worth a visit to unwind.

In summary the hotel is luxourious with wonderful service and pleasant staff. It does have a few areas that need to ironed out to make your stay truely wonderful but this will probably come with time. Definatley worth considering if you are going to Lara Beach.

4  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I can't understand any bad reviews on this hotel - extremely fussy comes to mind! We were lucky enough to get upgraded from the Delphin Palace in August. We spent one night at the Palace but the rooms were just not big enough for four people (two adults, two children aged 8 and 14). The Imperial gave us the 'WOW' factor as soon as we walked in. Rooms lovely and large, food excellent and available all the time, drinks great, pools/slides great, sunbeds always available and there were eight in our party. The kids had a fantastic time and so did we, so much so we have booked to go back next year.

Room Tip: All rooms will be great but being able to see the sea is always nice!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank woods11
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at the Delphin Imperial for one week from 21 September to 28 September. Overall, our experience was very positive.

Pros:
Beautiful hotel with fabulous lobby area
Rooms very nicely decorated and spacious
Good mini bar and maid service
Overall the quality of the food was good – lots of variety and options throughout the day
Good variety of swimming pools – not too crowded
Good drinks service at the pools and beach
Areas kept very clean
No mosquito problems
Good range of a la carte restaurants to choose from
Great coffee and cookies in the patisserie
Nice beach bar / pier

Cons:
Aside from reception and lobby bar staff, it was often difficult to communicate with staff due to poor English skills
Brunch was not very good on Sunday with none of the options one would expect at brunch
Some cocktails were not made according to international norms (e.g. bloody mary without Worcester sauce. Mojito with lemon instead of lime)
Poor wifi service – there is wifi access in the lobby but we often had difficulty logging in, resulting in us having to queue up at reception a number of times to have the staff help us log in.

A la cartes:

1) Da Vinci – A good option for those who like a nice steak. The main course steak was the highlight of the meal in Da Vinci. The other courses were pleasant but not spectacular. The service in this restaurant was excellent and staff were extremely attentive and pleasant.
2) Lalezar (Turkish) – Had very high hopes for the Turkish a la carte but it was very disappointing. The restaurant was located near to the beach along with the fish restaurant. The dining area was not nearly as nice as the restaurants located inside the main building or the buffet area. The food itself was bland and I would say not as good as the food in my local Turkish restaurant in London!
3) Helena (Greek) – This was one of the culinary highlights of the trip. All courses were delightful. Highly recommended.
4) Museum (French) – This was also a disappointment. I had frogs’ legs which tasted like they were cooked from frozen. Overall, a let-down.
5) Teppanyaki – This was also a highlight. Service was slow, but once the chef got down to cooking our meal in front of us, it was a very enjoyable experience. The food was simple but delicious. Highly recommended.

4  Thank CocoE7