“Best holiday ever!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara
Ranked #17 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
“Best holiday ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We have just returned from the best holiday ever at the Delphin Imperial (2 adults, 15yr old and 6yr old) everything was spot on. We couldn't have asked for more. This is our 3rd year holidaying at Lara Beach and this hotel beats the rest by miles! The service was amazing: smiling helpful staff that bent over backwards to help, waiters, domestics, pool service men, receptionists, bar staff, skater girls (!) etc, all went that little bit further to make our stay more enjoyable. The facilities (pool, bars, restaurants, gym and spa) were amazing. The kids area (bowling arcade) was a bit too far away from the bars but good all the same. The shops were very expensive in the hotel - you could buy what you needed outside of the hotel for at least half the price. Apparently internet connection was slow but we managed (we weren't that bothered though because it's not something that we go on holiday for) Our room 1022 was large, spacious, tastefully decorated (Turkish style) and had 2 kingsize beds and a chaise; a great room for our families needs. Food was available 24hrs a day and there wasn't any time restrictions on treats like ice-cream like some hotels do. I could go on and on about everything we loved but my suggestion is if you are looking for anything in the Lara beach the Delphin Imperial is the place to be. We will definitely be back. Until next time.......From The Stirlands: currently suffering major holiday blues ;((((

• Stayed August 2012
7 Thank Mrs-stirls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was in Delphin imperial for a week with my family( 2 children, 4 &5 years old).We had the best time ever. Everything was beyond high quality, from the rooms to the staff and of course the pools and entertainment ...the only regret I have is that I only booked for one week.. Will return next year . Thank you Delphin for making our stay so wonderful!!

• Stayed August 2012
8 Thank CristinaNutu
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We've just returned from two weeks at the Delphin Imperial in Lara Beach (2 adults, 7yr old girl).

It was not only the first time we'd stayed at a Delphin hotel, but also our first experience of staying on an 'All Inclusive basis' having previous avoided that option.

Our initial fears of hoards of Brits treating it like a free bar at a 24hr a day office party were soon put to rest with the vast majority of guests mixing languages and cultures well.

There were a few things we noticed that really should be addressed:
Although plastic 'glasses' were available, it is common practice for glass and glass bottles to be used around the pool, or even in the pool as I witnessed on more than one occasion. Accidents did happen while we were there, though fortunately without causing injury on those occasions.
Another point of safety is the use of (red) matting near the serving area outside the buffet - these freely move on the tiling, causing people to slip, or when they buckle up, trip.

The only other gripe that we had was regarding the Wi-Fi, which seemed to be overloaded most of the time, especially at the times when it was most convenient to use it (eg when queuing in the lobby to book an a La Carte meal).

However, those things will not be what we remember the holiday for. Our lasting memories will be of the superb service, exquisite food and unbroken weather.

Highlights included the drinks service by the pool which was excellent. The Roller Blade team, in particular Nesli Busra and Gamze Akkus brought drinks before you knew you needed them. Always with a smile and occasional impromptu Turkish lesson

Lunchtime Pizzas cooked by the Pizza Chef, Mehmet Ay were made as efficiently as they were tasty - how he remembers who ordered which pizza when the guests can't remember their own, never ceases to amaze.

If theres one thing that frustrates me more than anything else on holiday, it's having to fight for sun beds or getting up early to put towels out. Whilst there were a few people who did this, there were always plenty available and the 'Pool Boy' Mustafa Mulayiby did a great job of helping with beds or parasols when needed.

Our daughter used the kids club on a few occasions. Saskia did a great job with the kids. When the hotel is marketed more by the UK travel agents I would expect there to be more English speaking children in the club which would improve her enjoyment even more - a friend in kids club is a great incentive to participate.

There are two other things I'd like to mention...

Firstly the food which continually delighted. The waiting staff were always attentive and friendly without being intrusive.
Special mention has to go to Kemal Seker, Carlos Bircan and Eser for their service and one of the supervisors, Aziz Bindal who appeared to be a good person to work for, checking the guests were happy and also helping with the service personally when needed.

My final comment is for our Room Maid, Dilek Top. As well as playing her part in making sure the hotel was always a clean place to be, her smile and friendliness was like a ray of sunshine, brightening up the hallway as we made our way to breakfast.

Although this was our first time at a Delphin hotel, it certainly won't be the last... Gorusuruz

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank skiskoolstu
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Me and my wife (+ baby) spent 2 fantastic weeks at the Imperial in July. Many people have already mentiond the food, which really was fantastic. The buffet was great and also the al a carte restaurants. Of those we liked most the Japanese and Chinese. Really great food and nice interior.
We got room on the seventh floor. A great room with a great view. Junior suite.

I have been to many hotels around the world, especially in Dubai. I can compare this hotel to the better once in Dubai. Really 5 star ++! You can see that they have spent a lot of money on the interior. Everything is of expensive material. Magnificant.

The service is great. The turks are really good service people. Compared to Spain, they give you much better service, than the spanish people. Ok, this is a 5 star ultra exclusive hotel, so you expect good service.

The pool areas is great, both for relax people, without children, and for people with children. There is something for everybody. Also great service by the pool.
The pir and sea area is also high class. Nice sunbeds, nice pir where you can relax.

They have great drinks in the hotel, really high class. I think that I drank 10 liter of Pina Colada, really great.

Please book this hotel, you will not get dissappointed.

One also good thing is that it is only 20 minutes from the airport, which is great after a long flight.

Regards
Marko / Tijana and baby Julian

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Markan1978
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have just returned from one week there; this holiday was our fifth in Antalya as Antalya overall offers great value for money. I have been in Anatalya in different hotels from quite inexpensive as Granada from Alanya to premium propositions as Susesi in Belek or Amara Dolce Vita in Kemer and to the very expensive as Maxx Royal in Belek. Because some of the impressions previously listed here are pretty general to all the resorts in Analya I will only remind them but I would like to write more on how it seemed different to its competitors from Antalya. As more or less common to all the hotels in Antalya are the facts that waiters have poor knowledge of foreign languages and a lot of them are just entry level. This is a trade-off you should willingly accept for paying significantly less for good food, lots of drinks and up to 24 hours/day entertainment.

Now specifically about Delphin Imperial within its competition. The highlights would be:
1) Some of the most helpful, polite and friendly waiters I have met in Antalya (with or without tipping them); I am not sure what the management does, but definitely does something good about selection/incentives/etc.
2) Very wide sandy beach with nice entry into the sea;
3) A-la-carte free of charge: we have tried 4 of them (Japanese, Fusion, Fish and French - we liked them in this order) and once you understand the booking system and you are willing for a 30 min effort to queue every morning, it pays off. It was far better than either paying extra or being limited to only once per week as in other hotels! The kitchens in the a-la-carte are quite small and this is the limiting factor - that is why it seems that it is never full of guests despite being fully booked;
4) Luna park (our son especially liked the bumping cars);
5) Quite polite guests with the majority being Germans;
6) Very nicely decorated hotel lobby to enjoy a drink in the evening;

In terms of cons:
1) The SPA concept - the part which was free of charge was one of the poorest I've seen in Turkey; everywhere else anything which does not require human intervention is included - that is why we have not checked before and we were expecting to get all the nice showers or salt/ice rooms which are advertised;
2) Quite a small resort compared for example to the ones in Belek and the in-land surroundings not very pleasant; Still I have rated location as max as I had full sea-view and I took into consideration the very short transfer from the airport;
3) If you are looking for the ultimate luxury and you know what you can find in Turkey, you might miss things like 50-80m2 standard room, huge gardens, sea water pool, party on the pier, learning archery/cooking/etc. as entertainment or even more special food or more imported drinks.

I was writing in the title of the review that Delphin Imperial is about "Everything you normally ask for" because it has quite an all-around proposition for every age group and tries to have a little bit from everything and I think they do it quite successfully. One of the challenges of the all-inclusive concept in Turkey is how much to specialize (to focus on tranquility or on SPA, to bet on adrenaline and on the wildest parties, etc.) versus staying broad (doing it all). Delphin Imperial definitely has chosen to stay broad!

In the end a tip to my fellow Romanians looking for the best travel agency: this is Cocktail Holidays (the 4th time in Turkey with them and no single complain: good prices, great flight times, very fast transfer, very good guides)!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank AdrianL79
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am struggling to score the hotel. When everything worked and you played 'the game' everything was superb.

Let me explain.

Upon arrival, we a couple in our mid/late twenties from England, were pleasantly surprised with the reception area it is very high spec and beautifully designed. The reception staff were lacking in English to a European standard which isn't great as it would have been nice to have had the processes or 'the games' explained to us.

FOR EXAMPLE:
No one explained upon arrival that if you want to eat at the A La Carte restaurants then you better get in line at 8:20am and stand there for 25minutes until the computer system opens and then play the lottery of whether their corrupt system will have already booked out some of the restaurants fully, even though you are first in line.

I will come back to this later...

So we arrived it was about 2am local time, we went to our room, very clean and very nicely decorated, mini-bar is included all inclusive and there was a menu for room service (also included midnight-6am as part of the all inclusive. I ordered a burger (wasn't nice) but still impressed with the 24hr room service speed, being inclusive etc.The Room was a standard non sea view as we wanted to find the cheapest deal. The quality of the room was very high as was the entire main building. We had a double shower & hair-drier in room. The lighting fixtures were pleasant and cohesive with the design of the hotel theme. The mini bar included a variety of non alcoholic and alcoholic beverages. The Main foyer is beautiful with a bar a huge chandelier and plenty of seating areas (this is very typical in luxury turkey hotels and worked well). Sometimes we sat outside the front entrance to smoke and use wifi at the same time - we think there is definitely room to improve the entertainment on this floor as it is such a beautiful area.

We had ran out of cigarettes (sorry none-smokers this bit is irrelevant) and decided to go down to one of the bars to buy some. They didn't sell them and told me 'no cigarettes now, shops closed', I tried again at reception to see if there was anywhere I could buy some- i got the same response. After an hour of grinding our teeth I was sat on the balcony and noticed that about 500yds away there was a petrol station. I walked there, it was open (cigarettes here, and at the shop opposite the hotel next to the pharmacy were both lots cheaper than the hotel approx 2/3rds of the price - neither shop were selling fake cigarettes).

We woke up the next morning and went for breakfast. Yummy it was fantastic - there is no difference between 'late breakfast' which finishes at 11am and normal 'breakfast' which finishes at 10am - couldn't work out why the room directory stated the two separately. The area for breakfast is HUGE which was catered for all lifestyle choices in breakfast. Breakfast had nearly everything you might want except obviously Pork as it is a Muslim country. It was all very tasty too - smoked salmon, various sausages, fruits, cereals, pancakes etc etc ..By everything I mean everything - you could even have Smirnoff Vodka with your orange juice if you wanted - we noticed this was a hit with some of the Russians.

They also gave us a little booklet upon arrival which had maps of the hotel including all amenities which are in the back pages - this was useful - the only think not stated on the map was the location of the 'detox bar' - we later found out this was in the spa area (basement level). If you arrive late as we did then I would recommend you go down to the basement as the 'Irish Bar - also called the Camelot Bar - was open until 8am and had hot food which was an alternative to room service and tasted nicer.Also very important as is the only area to where you can watch TV (Olympics) other than your room!

FOOD:
I then decided we would organise dinner for the evening - our plan was to try as many of the A La Carte restaurants as possible. We were pointed to the 'kiosks' - in reality these were two computers which at 11am on day one there was no queue. The reason for this as we later found out was that everyone else had queued at 8:30am. We were left with two options - the Turkish and the Greek. I decided when in Turkey , eat Turkish. I was at this point a bit peeved that the others were all full. I would later decide that the Turkish was probably the 2nd best meal I had there. The mixed BBQ was amazing and the mezze type foods for starter were great. This restaurant is based near the beach and is very romantic.

You must book you restaurants on the machine for every two days so on the Thursday we could not book for Friday as there was a "gala night" which was not explained to us. We had another food rigmarole because the computers just said 'closed' for each restaurant - I went to reception and said all the restaurants were closed on the computer, the reception worker said I should go and speak to guest services, they then sent me back to reception. Neither explained there was a Gala night. Later that day one of the animation team 'Zaz' really nice guy explained there was a Gala night. I later called reception from the room to ask if there was Gala night, again the response was 'no gala night', 'there is one every two weeks'. It was like they didn't know or care to explain what the hell was going on.. That said we just went down to the main restaurant and realised that the animation guy was correct and the reception and guest relations staff were just useless. They had a choice of many different foods and the atmosphere was great. This is the buffet style of eating which we usually hate but we had no problems with it. Later after the food there was the gala entertainment at the 'amphitheatre' it should be named 'the stage' because it isn't an amphitheatre at all. They finished the show which was fairly entertaining with some very nice fireworks.relating this to food I think it is apt to mention that the stage area is also where you eat lunch as a snack bar - definitely not the best area for us in terms of quality of food and we just had tuna salad/ pasta type dishes everyday. The amphitheatre/snack bar area was more for families with young children.

The Meat and wine 'Da Vinci' restaurant was lovely and was situated in the basement with the other A La Carte restaurants. The theme was cold starter warm starter soup salad and main followed by dessert. All the food and service was to a very high standard - I cannot remember everything we had but do remember something very funny as we both ordered steak for main which was great and I had a red chilli which I thought was going to be a regular capsicum but it blew my socks off!!

For lunch on Sundays they offer food in the main restaurant which was great to get away from the heat and have a little more choice for lunch. I opted for sushi and salad which made me feel fresh for the rest of the day!

The next evening we went to the international restaurant 'Fusion' which is the largest of all the rest of the A La Cartes and had the best atmosphere of all the rest. The food was very mixed and interesting choices made which could rival a 5 star restaurant in London. The theme was as above cold starter, warm starter, soup, salad, main, dessert style. They also offer you better wines here.

On the Monday we went to Zuma the chinese. This was started with a sushi appetiser to share please note that the sushi is good quality but there is no sashimi on offer which is such a shame. We had nice starters starters and an amazing main course of Duck pancakes - possibly the best presented Chinese main course I have had in a while.

On the Tuesday we tried the Greek Helena restaurant which was again fantastic and healthy with Greek salads, octopus and seabass. The desert was impressive with dry ice spouting out of it!!

For the final day we went to the "elusive" Tapenyaki which we had problems booking via the machine all week despite being first in line which felt corrupt and guest relations were never available to sort this. Finally before the end of the holiday we kicked up such a fuss with the manager to be able to get this. The chef was impressive and he was just as kind and nice as all the other waiters. We actually probably would not rate the choice in food here as much as other others after all that fuss but it was very entertaining and kids would love it!

Overall I think that there is some problem with guest relations because they either have a lack of skilled cooks for the A La carte. This is due to the fact that the restaurants appear fully booked every night but never are full!!!!

Beach or Pools:

We recommend not to use a sunbed on the beach unless you do not mind sitting in the shade and far away from a bar. It was much more convenient to be on the Jeti where there is a bar but please note you must wake up very early to get a bed here as big groups come and take them and there are not many available. We again had to play this game and get one at 7am; even though the rules stated this was not allowed it was the only way because nobody enforced them.

For the Pools we found the relax pool the easiest. You do not have to wake up very early to get a bed, you are near a bar and you have waitresses on Rollerblades come around every half hour or so. For families you might have to wake early to get a spot at the other pools with kids.

The entertainment and other stuff

We enjoyed the gala night so much we decided after a few drinks to even go to the nightclub - had a great time and you can smoke! The DJ was OK. He obviously has a limit to what he is allowed to play though. We went on our last evening too where the animation did some breakdancing which was good after a few drinks I gave him my phone because i was desperate for him to play a few of my favourite songs which everyone seemed to enjoy!

Another great area was the Jeti at night to relax and drink - however they did not provide music here at night which is a shame. Near the relax pool there is a Shisha bar and large seating area which we feel could of been busier if they had TV screens and more of a bar atmosphere too.

We went for a walk around the hotel and located ourselves at the Relax Pool. Lots of free beds here everyday and no children really. If some showed up security seemed to analyse their behaviour and remove if required. There were multiple (I would say 10 at any given time) waitresses on roller skates going round taking drink orders. If you needed a drink faster - which in 44C in the shade you probably will the bar is a 30 second walk away.

In the basement of the hotel is a shop selling cigarettes, lilos, toiletries etc. These are expensive by Turkish standards but very convenient as you need to pass them to get to the back of the hotel where the pools/ beach and majority of outdoor areas are located. Also on this level is a leather goods shop (selling fake handbags, belts etc) a jewellery shop selling fake watches, jewellery, Pandora etc.. you will soon learn that Turkey is the land of the fake items. Every shop we visited in Turkey (apart from when we took a taxi to TerraCity) sold fake goods. Also on the basement level were all A La Carte restaurants (share the same entrance) except the Turkish one, the Spa, the gym and the nightclub. I would say haggle everything everywhere, you can pay Euro's or Turkish everywhere too.

If you want to use Wifi just connect to one of the routers 'imperial 1' for instance and put your room number as username and surname as password. It is poor pretty much everywhere except the ground floor level, but you may get some on your balcony or by the pool. If you are on O2 they will allow you 50mb of data for about £30 instead of the £6mb they test you to tell you. (just an FYI)

Summary:

Go here, you will enjoy it.

Please make sure you complain to the manager about the annoyance of booking the restaurants because I would love them to change it before I think about returning again.

I would have given a 5* review if the reception staff were better trained, the restaurant booking system was resolved and the information provided on arrival was better. Also wifi needs improving, more tv's at the bars for sporting events would be useful and some music playing at a bar rather than just in the nightclub.. there was never any atmosphere in any of the bars which was a let down.

The food was the best some of the best I have had and the use of flavours, textures and portion sizes were all highly commendable.

I would say if you are a young group don't go, if you are a couple or family it is going to be more fun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
20 Thank T_leeds
Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Hessen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

This property has all the potential of being 5 star, but not quite there. Check in was ok and efficient. The rooms are spacious and nice but not 5 star, especially the bathroom which as a little bland. I've had better toiletries in lesser hotels, the towels were a bit thin and wearing. Shower is large, lighting is bad for the ladies who need to apply makeup.
The air conditioning never made it to the cool level we like and the corridors are always very hot.
Mini bar was nice, stocked each day. Although they knock before entering, they would barge right in before you could answer. Balcony was good, however they need to clean up the section between the Delphin Palace and Imperial. Looks like a land field at the moment.
Food was good but the reservation system for the a la carte restaurants is a joke. Who wants to stand in line at 830 a.m. , be the 4th person to make a reservation and be told all the restaurants are full? Seems like tour groups get priority there. We had to dine apart one night because there were no 4 tables available, only space for 2 yet when we went to dinner that night, there were 7 tables of 4 seats empty all around us. We were the 2nd seating so we know no one occupied those seats. Also, the a la carte restaurants always seemed rushed and the menu was not explained very well. After 4 nights of that, we opted back for the buffet. The buffet can be an absolute zoo with people zooming all around. It was very loud at times, just busy.
Drinks are plentiful but the bars are not cohesive...one bar can make a Mai Tai, another bar had never heard of it. Mojitos, my favorite were never made with lime, only lemons and they were awful, I tried them at all the bars. The Aqua bar seemed to be the most consistent, generally good drinks.
The Relax pool is for 14 and up. Many times parents would bring their small children into the pool, the rule was never enforced. If you wanted to nap or have quiet time with your spouse, forget it.
The best place in the whole resort was at the very end of the dock. Superb place to swim or sunbathe with a breeze. We never saw lifeguards there however. Nice bar at that end.
The spa was just ok. Very lackadaisical manager who was interested in selling us treatments but lost interest after we paid. Booked a 1 hour massage which was really 30 minutes of massage and 30 minutes of "relaxing" in a chair looking at a fish tank. Just say what it is....30 minutes of massage.
There were very good members of staff, some not so much which was to me, not 5 star. They didn't seem to work as a unit.. You just got lucky if you got a great waiter, bartender, etc... Ordered room service one night, it never showed up yet we were charged for it.
Disco/nightclub was fun for our older teens (17 and 18).
Transportation in to Antalya for shopping was ok but would have liked to have had more information about the bazaars. Kind of just wandered around till we found it.
Internet... Or lack of... EVERYONE had trouble with this and the higher your floor the worse it was. The only place I could connect was either in the bathroom or standing by the door to our room. They obviously know about this problem, I see it has been a complaint for awhile yet nothing has been done to fix it. Very annoying, as it was the only way I could check on my elderly mother.
Overall, it was ok. I am hopeful they will improve with time. Not sure if I would go back... Maybe if it was advertised as 4 star?

Room Tip: Top floors are the quietest , facing the Delphin Palace. Partial sea view room is good enough, it ha...