“A very nice hotel for families”

Royal Holiday Palace
Ranked #17 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice room (2 bedrooms and 2 baths connected by a stair) with a wonderful terrace with great view.(9 floor i think)
The staff was really nice, children friendly,all was clean in the room, pools area, beach, restaurants, etc.
We had a great time - enjoying the Food, the beach, activities for kids, the room, everything.
It is a very good hotel with all inclusive concept.
With an experience of 12 yrs turkey hotels with AI / UAI ,this hotel is one of our favourite!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Libella14
There are newer reviews for Royal Holiday Palace

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We spent a week in this hotel which was more then enough. The staff was not so friendly. The food was not so great. The animation was good. The rooms are not pretty. And the pool could be better. The spa was very good. But in total i did not like this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Amanda T
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I have just returned home from a stay here. 1st impressions of the hotel were that it looked fantastic from the outside, and even better from within. The lobby and massive chandeliers hanging from above set the tone for this wonderful hotel! The buffet can be hit and miss but you will always find an enjoyable meal, of the a la carte restaurants we tried the sea food and Italian restaurants were particularly good. The staff throughout the entire hotel were all very friendly Nd could not be faulted.
Outside it was very easy to find sun beds in excellent locations. The massive pool is divided up into seperate areas, with the games pool being the most lively. At the pool side the food stations on the ground floor of the ampi theatre provide perfect day time snacks!
Also a small funfair and water park within the grounds of the hotel.
In the bars at the evening although all the waiting staff were good, I tipped one waiter 10 lira on my 1st round of drinks of the night and he made sure out glasses were never empty the rest of the holiday!
Only 2 slight criticisms of the hotel, wifi only works in lobby or spa areas and on a much more minor note only 2 English language tv stations are both news channels. Other languages are catered for with a much wider variety!
All in all though an excellent holiday and well worth a visit!!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Gwright1985
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Well...what can I say...
We spent our "late" summer vacation from 15.9-19.9 at this wonderfull hotel, after gettin lots of recomendations from travel agents. I noticed that this hotel is above the avarage, but did not emagine how much...
The hotel is HUGE (!) has so many large rooms, halls and spaces, all decorated within the BEST oriental taste. They planned and built it considering the last minor detail you can think of.
The room is very wide and we (2 adaults a 1 child) had all the room we needed. Our friends, 2+2, were pleased too. if you come with more than 2 kids, you will need a family room, which is absolutly big...(!)
The food....oh the food....I can not find the words to describe...everithing from everything, all day and night...I gained 2-3 Kg in 4 nights but it was worth it! (now, back to sport.....)
All is totaly free, including alchohol. I personaly shaked the hand of the master chef in the central kitchen.
The kids had a lot of fun and could not stop from climbing the water slides. The stuff all over the hotel is 100% friendly, and there was no 1 small issue which I needed and asked for, which was not given within the minute.
In general - HEAVEN ON EARTH.
Will recomend to all of my friends, and will remember this vacation as one of the best ever had (and belive me, I had quite few in my life...)
GO! Do not even think twice....!!!!
(and take me with you....please.....)

Room Tip: ask for a high level room, facing the sea. "pay/tip" for it if needed. worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have just returned from a fortnight in the Royal Holiday Palace in Lara Beach. This is a very impressive hotel on a very large scale. There were 9 of us for the first week including 3 young children, then just my wife and me for the second week. There is plenty to keep young children occupied, with the very large pool, the flumes, trampolines, and a small fairground with dodgems, a roundabout etc, which is open at certain times of the day. There is also an indoor games room with the usual arcade games, table tennis and a two lane 10 pin bowling ally, which all incur a small charge. The bedrooms are very large with a double and a single bed in the room, plenty storage space and nice toilet, bath and shower facilities. The rooms are cleaned every day and towels changed daily. There is a mini bar which is re-stocked daily with 2 x beers, 2 x coke, 2 x fanta, 2 x fruit juice and 4 x water. There is also tea and coffee making facilities along with a full fruit bowl on arrival. We were in room 1133 on level 1 but we had a couple of faults with the room, which was the noise from the disco till 02:30 in the morning and we had ne view at all, as we had a roof light for the lobby below right in front of the balcony. This did not bother us as we never sat out on the balcony but would advise a higher floored room if you are a light sleeper. We used the Chinese, the Mexican and the Grill Al a Carte restaurant and they were all brilliant. They say you can use one of the restaurants per week free of charge but there will be a surcharge if used more than once but we were not charged anything even though we used 3 in one week. They were not busy so we think that was the reason we were not charged. The main restaurant is massive and has an excellent choice for every taste. You can have breakfast, lunch and dinner in here and you must be a very fussy eater if you cannot find anything to meet your requirements. The waiters in the restaurants are great and will help you find a seat if required, they will get you juice, coffee, beers, wines etc as requested and they run about keeping everyone happy. There is also the continental breakfast from 10:00 to 11:00 in the lobby bistro. It has cold meats, cheese, fruit, breads etc. It also acts as the Patisserie from 16:00 to 21:00 and has an enormous choice of sandwiches, cakes, tarts, gateaux etc and also has tea & coffee facilities along with juice and water. The Lobby Bistro is also where you get the midnight meal with a good choice available. Eating lunch outside also has a great choice, as there is the Pool Restaurant with a sit down menu, which is served by the waiters. There is also a salad bar, bread table with soup also available. There is a Turkish café which does traditional Turkish cuisine and is very good. Further up the pool area there are Donar Kebabs, Baked Potatoes, Toasties, Baguettes, Waffles, Cookies, Fruit and Ice Cream available along with a bar for drinks. There is something to eat 24hrs per day if you want. There are plenty bars around the hotel and the grounds to have a drink. In the hotel there is the Piano Bar, Lobby Bar, and a Veranda Bar which have ample seating in large comfortable chairs and sofas. Outside there is the Pool Bar where there is entertainment nightly and is pretty busy after the main entertainment has finished. There are plenty waiters serving the drinks and you never have to wait long for a drink. We were attended by two great waiters at the Pool Bar (Soner Ay & Mikail Koca) and they attended to us for the whole fortnight. Just give them a small tip every couple of nights and they are very happy. They will have your drinks on the table as soon as they se you coming into the bar and they are very pleasant to talk to. There was also a very good waiter in the main restaurant (Deniz Kurtini) who always had a smile when he seen us coming in. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, whether just a couple or as a family with children, as there is always something to do, something to eat or something to drink. If you prefer sitting down by the sea there is also a bar out at the end of the jetty directly behind the hotel which is nice to sit at and get the sea breeze. There is plenty choice of international drinks, with Smirnoff, & Absolut Vodka, proper Bacardi, Gordon’s Gin and various good Whiskies. There is no extra charge for these drinks but you have to ask for them or you will get the local brands. There is also an extensive cocktail list at all the bars along with Champagne. There is draught Efes and Efes Light (3%) and Efes Dark (6%) in bottles. If you like a walk in the evening there are some small shops in a small square just a 5 minute walk away, which sell the usual bags, t-shirts, watches etc and there is also a very good chemist if required. I would definitely go back to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: If your a light sleeper, ask for a room on a higher level, as the noise from the disco goes on till...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Neil C
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I have just arrived home this morning from a week's stay at the Royal Holiday Palace. We booked it as a last minute week in the sun before winter sets in at home.

Let me start by saying that I am Mrs Fussy, if there is fault to be found, I can usually find it. But the RHP is a really great hotel - fabulous value for money.

The building is impressive - from outside and in, it is beautifully designed. Spotlessly clean, lovely furnishings, copious space. Our room was well equipped (kettle etc, well stocked mini-bar, everything you might need in the bathroom). No iron in the room though, and they're not permitted, you are asked to use their laundry service (we didn't bother, just hung our creased clothes up in the hot steamy bathroom when we showered!) We had one double, and one single bed. Comfortable enough. We didn't book any type of sea view, but got a side-sea view from our balcony. We were on floor 4.

The public areas are great - plenty of luxurious seating around the place in the various bar areas.

The buffet restaurant was one of the best buffets of this type that I have been to. I am a picky eater, and didn't struggle to find food at all. What did astound me is the amount of food that people waste - piling it high, taking several plates of food at a time, picking at a bit of it and then leaving it. A shame. We didn't bother to book any a la carte restaurants, as we didn't want to be tied to a table booking, preferring instead to eat when we wanted to. One criticism I would make - the restaurant closes at 9pm, and the staff start to clear away from 8.30 onwards. This means that you really need to be ready to eat by about 7.30 to be able to sit and enjoy a couple of courses and a couple of glasses of wine. As we did not roll off the beach until 6.30 every day, this made our evenings rushed. If the restaurant opened until 10, that would take the pressure off somewhat!

Others have commented about the push/shove atmosphere in the restaurant and the failure to queue at the bars. We did see and experience a bit of that, but this is not unusual overseas. Much as us Brits are conditioned to politely queue for everything, and find it rude when others don't, it just isn't how some other nationalities do it. The Brits are definitely in the minority at this hotel, so you'll find that the door is often not held open for you and when you are trying to walk out of the lift, others will just walk right at you to get in before you're out. My advice is that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, much as it may not seem a polite thing to do to us. You aren't in the UK, so you need to adapt. If you can't then scroll up to the search bar at the top of this page, and search for 'Bournemouth Hotels' where you may be more comfortable.

Back on track...the hotel. The pool is magnificent. Massive, clean, plenty of space. Tons of sunbeds all around the pool every day, no need to panic in the mornings. Towel change was simple and quick every day. The pool is one very large pool, but clearly people congregate in certain appropriate areas - there's a section where music is louder and entertainment goes on all day (water aerobics, volleyball etc) but if this is not your scene, then move further around the pool where it is peaceful and restful. Slides were good fun.

We didn't spend an awful lot of time at the pool - we used the pier that juts into the sea. It was breezier and cooler, and fewer children, so this suited us. The sunbeds were in a bit more demand on the pier though, so you'll need to be sharp. Bottles of icy cold water, and fully stocked bar are available on the pier all day, so no need to lift a finger!

Staff - two extremes. They were either extremely good, or extremely bad, not much in between. We had some waiters that were cheerful, smiling and couldn't be more helpful. And some that were awful - barely acknowledged us and appeared to deliberately serve us last (a Brit-dislike thing?). Of note on the awful list were the front desk staff (dreadful) and the jacket potato man! On the brilliant list - Uman in the pier bar, the ladies waiting in the lobby bar, and the maids that cleaned our room. All fab.

Entertainment - go to visit the Pier Party on Monday nights. Even if it is not your thing, you will be amazed at the transformation of the pier! Top marks. The only other thing we attended was the 'Havana Show' - the usual performance of enthusiastic, smiling hotel entertainers giving it their all. An hour or so of light, frothy entertainment, really enjoyable, but not a Broadway show.

Wi-fi - FOC all over the hotel, but access is sketchy and the signal drops in and out. OK to grab a quick look at your emails if want to, but you probably couldn't stream a film (although why would you want to on holiday?!). On that note, just one English channel on the TV's in the bedroom, but a couple of music channels to listen to if you want to.

If your return flight is late, forget any notion of being able to book a late check out. On our second day we tried to do it (we had been warned it was an issue) and were told to come back the day before we left. We did, and were told to come back on the morning of our departure. We did, to be told there was never any chance of a late check out room. We wish they'd said, we wouldn't have wasted our time trying to sort it out, but telling us this would be helpful, and that's not in the vocabulary of the front of house team. If you need to shower and change for a late flight, there's a shower in the spa, you can get away with using that.

Overall, we have had a great holiday. The RHP, is really a great hotel, my gripes are very minor. Plentiful good food and drink all day long (and all night), mostly great staff, lovely rooms, fantastic pool and beach, and hot hot sunshine, even in September. Definitely on our 'visit again' list.

Room Tip: The majority of rooms will have some view of the sea, so don't pay extra for it, unless it is a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DHK176
Reviewed September 18, 2013

On 15 to 21 August 2013, me , my husband and my 5 years old daughter stayed in this hotel . we arrived to the airport after four hours flight, and approximately 20 minutes after that time we reached the hotel, we arrived at 5:30 and The receptionist told us that we could entering a room while it is ready about 10 am and even room number announced . after four and a half hours waiting at the lobby We go for a card to entering the room and they said us to wait till 11 am and they said that there was a technical problem in the Room And mentioned that problem must be solved by Technical technicians as soon as possible. At 11:30 am my husband went to see if there is a problem that can be corrected with the help of him But the room’s door was closed and no one in the room was working and when we mentioned it to receptionist, One of them said loudly disrespectful “check in time is at 2 pm” . We were very tired and they didn’t pay attention to our situation and my daughter was asleep in my arms (We were sitting very closed to reception) and it took 6 hours to wait And an hour later my husband went to Nina, who was the guest relations manager and told the situation and they came back and saw me with my daughter. she pick fights with the receptionist asked the problem , And then Mr. Guerra (Director of reception) who had seen us over and over at this last six hours, during which we were tired and sleepy, but was not pay attention to this and said that the cost is not paid by the appropriate agency In response to Ms. Nina . My husband said that he could pay the cost by own , and call to the agency to solved the problem and as soon as we paid $2500 for 6 nights they delivered our room. Unfortunately this hotel is of secondary importance in human relations And the business is more important, because if they said us in the morning we announced that the agency has not paid the money It could be solve by us .In less than 10 minutes after our call, the agency apologized for the negligence and the money amount was transfered and they Call us and accepted that they were received $ 2500 , and one more time we ensure that they do not value the people and Money is more important than the human relationships .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family