“Perfect place for a family vacation”

Royal Holiday Palace
Ranked #15 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I spent 7 nights at this hotel with my husband and two children the hotel itself is fabulous with its majestic design the cleanliness and the very friendly staff especially arduhan in z lobby bar and ismail in the main palace restaurant. Variety of food is great as well as the taste. Animation team is one of the best with the ongoing entertainment all day long and the special attention to the kids. If I ever think of going to antalya another time I would definitely choose the Royal Holiday Palace again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just returned from 11 days at RHP, and on the whole we had a good time, I just thought I would make a couple of points to help future guests.

As my title suggests - take a waterproof watch with you, the hotel has lots of facilities but hardly any of them are available all day. For example the water slides are open 10-12 and then 2.30-4.30, the buffet restaurant (the best lunch option in our opinion if you don mind being indoors) was open from 1pm-2.30 for lunch. The fun fair was also only open for a few hours a day, as it seemed to be run by the guys from the water slides!
Being on holiday and trying to relax and not rush things we found we kept missing out on facilities, bars restaurants etc. because of the short hours they keep.

The evening entertainment was ok, but on a low budget compared to other hotels. Over our 10 night stay there was only professional entertainment from outside provided on 2 nights, with the remainder being provided by the in house animation/entertainment team - the guys and girls who do the kids club and the pool games etc. The entertainment starts in the amphitheatre at 9.30pm and the bar at the entrance stops at 9.30pm - so get any refreshments in before it starts! - On the subject of the entertainment team a special mention must go to Bob Jackson who was amazing with my 3 boys and they will miss him.

I don't want to sound too negative - the hotel and pool area is really beautiful and spotlessly clean. The beach and pier is also lovely.

The buffet restaurant during summer holidays was very busy and trying to get a table for 5 was a challenge, we thought therefore we would try the a la carte restaurants but (probably our error) we didn't realise we were limited to one free visit per FULL weeks stay, so for our 10 night holiday that also meant 1 visit. They were a little flexible when we mentioned how empty the a la carte restaurants were and we ended up getting a second free visit and booked a 3rd which I don't think we were charged for.

On the whole a good holiday and a lovely hotel but maybe a bit too big for us so we will probably try somewhere else next time.

1  Thank RichBoa
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have recently returned from a fantastic family holiday in the fabulous Royal Holiday Palace. Our party of 10 ranged from 8-70 and we all agreed it was the best holiday ever. The restaurant has food like we have never seen before it was just amazing and the presentation was exceptional. One night we tried the Mexican a la carte and had 6 courses of wonderful food. All the staff were brilliant and kept us a table as we were a large party for the whole holiday. The pool areas are vast and there was never a problem with getting sun beds. The Hotel has slides which are great fun and we never had to queue for more than a couple of minutes to get rides. Girls on skates are very attentive and come round frequently to get your drinks for you. During the afternoon ice creams were brought round as well as melon and sometimes a glass of Champagne. The Hotel has it's own pier with sun loungers on or great for just diving into the very clear,warm sea. Some of our party did the motorised water sports all very enjoyable. If you prefer the beach there are very many sun beds and canopies for shade. The whole Hotel is spotless from the entrance right through from front to back. In our opinions this Hotel is exceptional and cannot find one bad thing to say and will be back for sure.

Room Tip: High rooms overlooking pool are wonderful for the view.
5  Thank 21ed5
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family and I stayed at the RHP for a week during June 2013. We found the resort and the staff to be wonderful. We had a small hiccup during check-in but the issue was resolved.

Room - Our room had a full sea view with a balcony. We decided that the sea view was worth the additional cost. We had read where the lifts/elevators had a long queue in the summer but we did not find the occasional short wait to be a problem. We paid for the high-speed WiFi to use with our iPod, iPad, and iPhones but the connection was poor and we ended up getting a refund.

Weather - Middle of June was hot with highs 33 to 35. The entire week was sunny.

Food - Plenty of choices for the entire family. We wished we would have discovered the Turkish Tent earlier during our stay because the food there was especially delicious. Breakfast was excellent and we paid extra for fresh squeezed orange juice. Lunch was typically light because we knew that dinner would be the big meal of the day for us. The buffet was extremely well run with some selections cooked while you waited. After being seated, waiters deliver your beverage of choice.

Pool and Slides - The pool is huge, spotless, and the water is very cool and refreshing while the temps were soaring. The variety of waterslides was great and the operators were able to keep the small lines moving.

The Pier - This was our favorite spot. We got there early in the morning (7:30) and stayed for several hours. Jumping and diving off the pier was so convenient and so much fun.

Excursions - #1 Duden Waterfalls. We hired a boat from the beach kiosk to take 7 of us to Duden Waterfalls - a must see. The roundtrip took about 1-1/2 hours and included brief stops at a few caves and several falls including the main Waterfall which is only 1 of 19 in the world that flows directly into the sea/ocean. Cost for this trip runs about $250US.
#2 Termessos - ancient city high in the mountain. Located in Gulluk Dagi National Park. We rented a car from the rental car agency in the lobby of RHP. It was approx. 90 min to 2 hours each way and the route goes through the city of Antalya. I found driving not to be very difficult in Antalya. The Termessos ruins are fabulous - do a search on the internet. You can drive very far up the mountain, but there is a kilometer of walking up a steep trail to get to the amphitheatre. Take beverages and a snack. Cost $75US car, $25US gas, 5TL entrance fee.

Gifts/Souvenirs - On the ground floor of RHP, there are a few overpriced shops. The exception is the barber whom I found to do a great job cutting my hair. My wife was very impressed with my haircut. For souvenirs, choices are much greater by simply walking out the RHP approx.1/4 to 1/2 KM to the Kundu Bazaar which is in sight as soon as you depart RHP. Here you will find prices very reasonable with good selection. Be sure to stop at Alibaba Gift Shop where you will find a nice selection of souvenirs. For even greater selection, ask the manager at the RHP lobby and consider taking a cab.

In conclusion, we were delighted to stay at the RHP.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank crazy4gigi
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Let me first say by saying IGNORE everybody that has complained about something because I travel to a different 5* hotel all inclusive every summer in Turkey and this hotel is by far the best I have been to.
We were originally booked to go Royal Wings but were offered to go to royal holiday palace hotel. They gave us the option of looking at both hotels upon arrival. So if your offered this option definitely check in at royal palace.
The rooms are spacious, the food deserves a 6 out of 5!! The food is of such high quality and is nice and hot!! There wasn't enough time, days or room in my belly to try it all as there is such a huge selection!!!
The restaurants are spacious, clean and enough seats for everyone. People queued civilised and patiently not like any other hotel I've been to where I found the Russians and Germans tend to push in front of you, this doesn't happen here!
Well done to all the chefs as they truly deserve a great comment!
The swimming pool is huge there's enough sunbeds for everyone. So don't panic about the good ones being taken as they are all good.
The slides are great. The funfair was brilliant as there was never a queue.
The roller blade boys and girls by the pool were great too, bringing you drinks every 5 minutes!!! We didnt have to get up for anything!! I will say a great big thank you to Busra who is great at her job!!!!
The other thing I will highly commend on this hotel is how clean and spotless the outside toilets around the pools are and the toilets within the hotel!!! I never came across a dirty toilet ever.
I will end this by saying that the people who have moaned about something are wrong as this hotel is by far the greatest! And this comes from someone that has been to loads of hotels. The only problem left is to find something different that meets up to this hotel otherwise I will be back here.
Book it and go you won't regret it!

Room Tip: They are all good. We was on the right side. Perfect!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Ayla D
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My 4-year old boy loved this hotel. The pool area is fantastic - a large meandering outdoor pool with a water park at one end and slides for the young ones. The funfair is also great for the kids, albeit that the rides are looking somewhat dated. However, the beach area is nothing short of a disgrace. The beach is littered with detritus, particularly old cigarette butts, which are simply discarded in the sand. We took buckets and spades but did not use them once, in fact we made only one visit to the beach early in our stay and did not return.

The hotel WiFi is an issue. It is available throughout the hotel and outside, but it is unbelievably slow, even when you pay the extra €3 per day for the 'high speed' version. Also, even when you have a full WiFi signal, often you cannot log on to it as the network is so congested. For a '5-star' hotel it is siply not good enough.

We had not realised that even in this "all inclusive" resort there remains a high expectation among the waiting staff to be tipped. On one evening when we dined in the large buffet area, we were served by a waiter who seemed on the face of it very attentive, almost pirouetting to serve us with our requested water. In truth, we did not seem to be served drinks any faster, it was just that a great show was made of serving. We then had to witness his disgusted look when he was not left a tip - we did not realise we were expected to bring cash to dinner. It left us feeling bad, but we did not realise it was at all expected.

We were located on the first floor - beware that the view on this floor for many rooms is restricted by the canopy roof below and also the noise from the entertainment at night is disturbing at this level.

I liked the facilities for the children and the pool area, but I would not return.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor, restricted views and oppressive noise.
1  Thank Errigalclimber
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My children and i had a wonderful week at this hotel this summer. Fun, varied, great food, large rooms, brilliant entertainment and gorgeous weather. Recommended unreservedly and would consider returning next year.
The only thing that let this hotel down was the issue around check out. The check out is at midday which is fine, however, if your flight is not until midnight they provide you nowhere to change, shower or gather yourselves. We ended up having the change, dry hair and do makeup in the luggage cupboard....not exactly 5 star treatment. The do offer you to change in the spa changing room but there is one unlocked shower, no mirrors, no plugs or air conditioning so you sweat within seconds! This needs attention. The customer service lady was completely disinterested and simply answered the phone twice while I was trying to explain. Hope they take a look at this going forward - all they need is to provide one large, airconditioned room for everyone to change in!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family