“SUPERB winter break at the stunning Royal Holiday Palace”

Royal Holiday Palace
Ranked #17 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We decided to try the Antalya Region in February after I saw a good deal for this superb new Stone Group hotel and what a wonderful experience it was.
I am well known for my love of luxury All Inclusive hotels and this one ticked all our boxes and then some more !
We arrived at around 3.15pm after an excellent flight with Thomas Cook who got us to Antalya early.We felt the lovely warm sunshine as we made our way to the TC desk to be told which bus to board.
We then boarded the bus which was packed full and set off for the Lara Beach area.We stopped at a few hotels on route but our hotel stood out from the rest and people on the bus commented how lovely it looked. It is set back from the main road which we liked.
We were greeted by the friendly bell boy and escorted to Reception where we had a lovely greeting from the friendliest Reception guy ever. He wanted to tell us lots of useful info about the hotel he was obviously proud to work at.We were shown our lovely room and as requested it was in a quiet location down a corridor and not off the Attrium.We had been given a side seaview which was lovely.
We quickly unpacked some things and put our valuables in the free to use safe which would easily take a laptop. I put all my chocolate in the fridge because the room was lovely and warm.

We had been told to book our free Al a Carte before 4pm any day at Guest Services so we quickly made our way to the then unmanned desk but shortly we were warmly greeted by Duygu Doganay who recognised us straightaway before we had even spoken. My friend Val had stayed the week before but only met her the last day but told me she was from the Barut Lara. We chatted to her and booked the Italian for Sunday and during the conversation she said normally she would be there from 4pm onwards but that day was her Birthday so she was finishing at 5pm.We went to the room and got her some after eights and she was surprised and happy.
My husband went to see the AI drinks menu while I got the Mexican booked because we did not want to miss this one.
At this time of year only one Restaurant is open each night.After your free visit it is 15 euro per person for each extra visit but they are so worth it.It really is like going out for an evening. The inclusive wine is very nice and no pressure to pay for the wines off the wine list.
My husband said he had seen a barman from the Barut Lara so when we went he greeted us and said it was his first day at the RHP. Alper is a great young man and he had been at the Barut Lara quite sometime. I was keen to hear if any of the staff we knew were still at the Barut Lara. He said Hayniye was working at RHP to so she also greeted us when she saw us.
We were the only brits at the hotel but we did not mind this for our relaxing break away.
We had a look round the hotel which is stunning and soon realised what a good choice we had made.It has the largest lobby area of any hotel and it has the main 24 hour bar but also a sunken bar with lovely comfy seats at the bar. They showed football on a screen there and it was not open everynight. There is another bar which opened on our last day off the lobby which serves the huge outdoor terrace which was a real bonus at this time of year.Bar service is very good and a very good choice of international drinks included.There are drinks to the right selves which are extra. We had Smirnoff, JB, Balantines, Bacardi, Proper Martini and my tipple Johnnie Walker to name a few and what made me laugh was that next to my drink was Buffalo Bill which has become a little joke with some members!!!
The sparkling wine served here is lovely and the choice of cocktails really good and all made to order and effort put in to making them look nice.The beer is draught effes and I did see bottled effes dark.
FOOD
The buffet has a very good choice at breakfast time and on a par with the Susesi in Belek. We always found a made up table and were offered drinks quickly.We liked the fact that the main food court is central and then off this are the different seating areas so once you have your food you do not see others getting theres. In summer there is plenty of outdoor seating off the main Restarant.
Lunch there was the buffet again with a decent choice but most days we preferred the Turkish Tent for our Gozleme or Pide with lovely salads and fruit also available. At the moment it is covered in but you can see that all the glass partitions will come down in summer. The lady in there knew our order after our first day and she made them so nicely.The waiter in there was lovely and brought us coffee when he saw us. There was also toasties available at the pool bar and then that section closed and they served cooked to order waffles.The Patisserie opened I think at 4pm and this became the all night Bistro from midnight until 7am so food available 24/7.We had a burger the first evening which is cooked to order.
Evening buffet we only went twice was extensive and we enjoyed it but we did decide that we enjoyed the Al a Cartes so dined there.
Al a Cartes are beautifully decorated in appropriate theme with lovely attention to detail.
Italian is lovely and food was good, The Turkish was really good but we were so full by the end of the evening. We tried to tell the waiter small portions please but this did not happen !! It became a joke with him and Vedat Kara quickly became our friend.The next night we went to the Mexican this was probably my favourite but all were of a very good standard.We went to the Far East which would not be my first choice but my husband likes this type of food but it was excellent and Vedat had decorated our table with flower petals.I had in my handbag a fun size mars and a full size mars bar to show him small portion and large portion, he saw the joke and got the chocolate.
The head waiter was lovely and was called Omer and they both asked would we be going to the Turkish next evening and our last and we said no we had not booked but we were invited to dine there.This time we had even more petals and a heart made.We filled this with Roses chocolates for the waiters and sent the rest for the kitchen staff.

ROOM
Our room was really comfortable and exceptionally clean and every day we went back to towel art on the bed.Good wardrobe space and as I said inclusive safe. Fridge filled daily with 4 small waters pepsi 7up etc and 2 beers. There are no robes in the room and to have them it is 1 euro per robe per day.I had taken my own because I knew this.

SERVICE
This is one area we thought the hotel excelled and we saw new staff being taken on while we were there. The hotel is on summer concept from 1st April.Various staff had come from other hotels and a new bar captain had just started from the Fame hotel, several staff from Barut Lara and other hotels. All appeared happt in their work and they did not have someone breathing down their neck all the time. I would go as far to say we had some of the best service we have had here.
Guest Services were available until midnight each day and all were helpful but Duygu went above and beyond to be helpful and was always asking guests if they were happy etc.When she knew my laptop was not working she brought hers in the next day so I could contact family etc.She really is an asset to the hotel and it was lovely to see a familiar face.

ANIMATION and ENTERTAINMENT
There was about 8 there for low season but there will be about 26 in summer. Ronaldo we knew from the Susesi and he is a great fun guy and the rest were good to. I do not know his name but the really tall Tunisian guy with dreadlocks is a real cool guy ! We saw a superb Magic show which anyone going should not miss.The guy was in the finals of a talent show similar to Britains got Talent and was amazing ! There was live music 4 evening per week on the small stage in the lobby and this was nice to have. Low key entertainment in the OXYGEN disco each evening to and then disco.Loved the name of the disco !! lol
The is a very good children entertainment centre with bowling games small kiddie rides etc.There is a bar in there from 4pm until midnight.There are snooker tables and internet cafe which is expensive we thought at 4 euro for half an hour. Wireless Internet is free all over the hotel even in the rooms so maybe take your notebook or laptops. Fantastic selection of slides for summer all in pristine condition and then a small slide pool for toddlers.

CLEANING
The hotel is spotless and someone is cleaning 24/7 but wanted to say the hotel must have the cleanest toilets in Antalya because there was always someone cleaning them. The pools were pristine even though nobody was using them. Very good toilet with wheel chair access at the beach bar. Lifts are large and wheel chair access arounf the hotel.

WEATHER
We had delightful weather all week except for one dull morning but it brightened up later, we beach walked and had a tour of the Baia that day and when we got back soaked up some sun.Temperature gauge in the shade ranged from 14 to 17 degrees and low 20's in the sun.
Lots of people sunbathing 4 out of the 6 days. We had a light sweater on one morning to walk the beach but took it off on the way back. We came back with a base tan which was a real bonus so early in the season.

SUMMARY
We would love to return to the Royal Holiday Palace asap and it is up there at the top with a couple of our other favourites ! I always ask my husband for his score out of 10 and without hesitation he gave it a 10
I think it gains points on service and to those who have moaned when it first opened then maybe it was unrealistic to expect 5 star service in the first few months of opening. I have followed the reviews since it opened and can honestly say the service was very good and we have stayed at some really great 5 star hotels in the past.
I do believe you reap what you sow and in Turkey whatever you give you get back in bucket loads !
I was actually smiling because Ronaldo gave me a snickers !! I am usually the one giving out the chocolate!! lol
Thank You for the wonderful service to all our new friends at the Royal Holiday Palace !! We miss you all !

Room Tip: The rooms off the Attrium will be quieter and obviously seaview would be nice but our side view room...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
16  Thank toady

Reviewed February 26, 2012

brilliant staff , guest relations were so helpfull **** star to them,fab food total wow factor , great rooms, weather was good, cant wait for returning to R H P in May. Shopping just got better at Terra City tax free,
Best hotel on the strip ...

Room Tip: mini suite huge balony
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank king2008
Reviewed February 22, 2012

A beautiful hotel with nice and clean room with lot of space. Round the clock service for food and drinks makes it a great place to be. Nice beach with beach parties off and on. Book it and enjoy the time of your stay inside the hotel. Do not move out of the hotel you get everything inside. One should not miss this experience. Best in Antalya.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Josstein
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have just spent a lovely week at this hotel. The wow factor is there as you approach the hotel from the road, it sort of stands out against the other hotels along that part of the coast.

Having been greeted by a most helpful and informative reception clerk, we were shown to our standard (side facing) room on the first floor by the even more helpful bellboy, who insisted on explaining every detail about the room.

The room was large and nicely furnished, with a double bed and a single bed, minibar (containing beer, soft drinks and water which are replenished daily), laptop desk, large wardrobes but not many drawers, safe (laptop size) plus a decent size bathroom with shower over bath and a selection of toileteries which are also replaced if used.

The main dining area is OK (similar to most other 5 star hotels in Turkey), and there is a good selection to chose from. We did visit the Italian a la carte for my birthday and this was excellent. Also they made a huge effort for valentines day, with a red rose for the ladies, a glass of champage and red candles and rose petals on the tables.

The outdoor area consists of a massive pool with a bridge walkway down to the beach, where you will find the Turkish Tent (which is not really a tent!) where you can get Turkish pizza and drinks.

The main thing that made this holiday extra special was the wonderful staff, I have never experienced staff who are so friendly and helpful (and we have been to a number of Turkish hotels)right from the animation team, waiting staff, cleaners, bar staff, guest relations - and they all spoke English really well, considering there were only two families from England in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ValC1202
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This hotel is amazing. I travelled with my husband and 5 year old son last year. When our coach pulled up into the hotel grounds, there was a lot of 'ooooohing' and 'wowing' from others on our coach!! It by far outshines all of the other hotels, and looks like an absolute palace in comparison. I couldn't wait to get inside. Once we had, it was just as much a palace inside.

Reception staff were average on arrival. As expected, nothing special there.

Our room was definitely to expectation for a 5* in my opinion. Minibar was re stocked every day with beers, water and juices (juices are vile but beer very nice). The only tiny let down was our view from balcony, balcony was small when i compare it to previous holidays, and view was very average. Absolutely nothing special, but not bad. Beds were very comfy, and room was cleaned every day. We had a problem with the safe on the first day, and this has come up on others reviews I've read. It was locked and we couldn't open it. Had to report it 3 times before someone came to fix the problem. Took 5 hours before we had use of it, but that is the only problem we encountered throughout the entire holiday.

Staff on the whole are very polite, and I noticed very safety conscious. Health and safety standards are high. Staff out by the pool were always cleaning and taking away rubbish. Staff in the restaurant were very friendly and humorous with children and adults alike. Staff at the areas serving food work hard and service was fairly prompt throughout our stay.

Pool areas are very clean and tidy. This area is very well presented, and you definitely knew by the surroundings that you were staying in 5* accommodation. The only problem I saw during our stay was a very dirty toilet. No-one was using it and there was also no toilet roll (only in 1 cubicle in the ladies toilet). I went back to the same toilet about 15 minutes later with my little boy and it was spotless and full of tissue. There is a cool breeze in most areas around the pool to take the edge off the 43 degrees sun! Water slides were fab!! We had fun on those, and our 5 yr old (though a little scardy cat) still had fun on the kiddy ones. They could have done with being open all day, but they closed them at short intervals during lunch. Adult slides are open all day until pool closing time. There was no supervision on the kids slides, but that didn't bother us as we supervise our own child and don't expect this from staff at hotels. Most of the children on our holiday were also supervised by their own parents so there was no problems at the slides while we were there.

Food in the restaurant was very good. I've had better, but only at another 5* hotel in Mexico. There was a very huge choice every evening, which caters for almost everyone. Lots of show cooking. Desserts were not so good. But I think that was just personal taste, as there was again a huge choice and always so many flavours of ice cream for the kids. The kids buffet was ok, and our son also had some food from the main selection so was very happy each night. There was a waiter at our table every evening within seconds of us sitting down, and we did not tip so this was excellent service and we could not fault it.

Food at lunch times we spent every day at the pool side food hall. This we found suited us best. There were queues here at 12 when it opened, but the queuing died down after about 20 minutes. When I say queue, it took about 4 minutes at worst to get a beer and about another 4 mins to get some pizza or sandwich. So depends what everyones idea of a bad queue is. The food is basic by the pool, (pizzas, kebabs, sandwiches, toasties) but we enjoyed it and were happy here so didn't even try the restaurant.

Breakfast was lovely in my opinion, came back a little heavier!! Though there is no bacon, sausage etc due to the religious beliefs. This didn't bother me, but can understand this would put some off. There were bacon substitutes which weren't up to much to be honest. There was however lots of choice again. Fruits, cereals, hot fresh food. And lots of waffles, pancakes, pastries etc and the chocolate sauce is to die for, hence why i came back heavier!!

The fun fair was great, we were apprehensive after reading some reviews about it being a 'free for all'. It wasn't too bad at all, but we did go fairly early with our son only being 5. The only bad behaviour we encountered here was on the trampolines and was from unsupervised British youths.... pushing and shoving our son and a little 2 year old girl. Oh dear, we were a little disappointed but told them off promptly.

Entertainment is............ well........ we walked past and giggled. What is it all about?! It makes Butlins and any poor British holiday camp seem like Vegas!! If anyone knows or gets it please fill me in!!! We didn't get it. My son wasn't interested either. It did not let our holiday down though as there was so much to keep my son occupied!

The one thing that lets this whole holiday down for me is the beach. We wouldn't take our son there as the sea is so steep and if he ran off into it it wouldn't be long before he would be swept away. In a matter of half a second of walking into the sea you are up to your chest in water. Such a shame as we love it here.

Definitely will be making a return trip, we absolutely loved our holiday and can not fault the hotel itself in any way whatsoever!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Tracey302011
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Gorgeous food, great variety of cuisines, very clean, perfect service.

We have a 9 y.o. boy and he absolutely loved the place and all the water entertainment.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Helen_Sofia_Bulgaria
Reviewed January 29, 2012

From outside itself you can see that this place should be amazing. A total compact experience of luxury and ambience. Round the clock food and drinks with service by smiling faces. The beach party, swimming pools, dining hall, reception full of beauty. Rooms are spacious and well decorated. I enjoyed every moment of my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family