“Paradise!!!...............with slightly snooty service!”

Ramada Plaza Antalya
Ranked #30 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful stay at this great hotel first fortnight in June. Weather was blissful for the whole time as we just missed the rains you sometimes get in Turkey in May.
I will first mention the prospective negatives that British visitors may encounter;-
As headlined the staff can appear a bit.....at best.......aloof!
There is a not so much a "you are not worthy attitude" of the staff. It is just that they seem to have a "we need to make sure you are worthy to stay in our wonderful hotel"-type attitude.
We generally make a rule as to NEVER review the staff in the hotels we stay in as we will simply NOT stand for poor service!
We thought it worth mentioning here as we felt sympathy with the review of "harrysmumuk" who we found to be very pleasant company on our holiday. They may have found the service all the more frustrating having a young child to entertain during their holiday.
In summary we feel that ignoring their distant attitude at first eventually paid dividends, the staff thawed out metaphorically and our holiday was not affected by this.
Also worth mentioning for visitors seeking the company of fellow Britons at this at this hotel;-
Well this hotel is a bit like the Eurovision Song Contest in so much as: there is British representation but not so much as the majority would really notice!!
This is the height of our negatives as everything else we will mention about the hotel was absolutely perfect!
Food, room, beds, drink, television, location, pool, sea, views, all-inclusive concept, general quality of the holiday could not really be faulted!
We love Turkey, we love Antalya and we will almost certainly return to this hotel!
Apart from the obvious beauty of the views from the hotel its' proximity to Antalya's old and new towns made the location ideal.
We would also recommend the Turkish barber "Kemal", right across the street, for a haircut and a shave.
We booked the holiday ourselves for the first time using Trivago/cleverhotels.com/cheapflights.co.uk to arrange a pretty much perfect holiday!
As described the quality of everything was of a very high standard and proved to be great value.
Once again we LOVED it and we will go here again.
See our pictures!

Room Tip: We booked with Clever-hotels and were delighted with our room and everything else. If you stay All...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Antalya

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Let me start off with the cons since they are a bit more complicated:

1. When we arrived at the hotel we decided to have lunch at the poolside restaurant: Indigo Bar. It was unbelievably bad. Frozen steak fries and frozen kofte (or pre-packaged at best). The chicken was equally bad: fatty and unappealing. This leads me to my second con.

2. As a result of the terrible lunch experience, my girlfriend and I started eating outside for our meals. One day I decided to grab food outside and bring it to our room. As I approached the hotel the bellboy made me follow him to the front desk. It was there I was confronted by a guy at the front desk named Sercan. He told me I could not bring the food up to my room. When I asked why, he broke out into an unbelievably rude speech about how it was a "five star hotel." I kid you not when I say he spoke to me like I was a child. I was in complete disbelief. I was not the only one. The look on the face of his fellow front desk clerk (a very sweet lady who checked us in) was one of complete horror and embarrassment at the way Mr. Sercan was speaking to me.

I have to tell you that both me and my girlfriend work in the hospitality industry here in NYC and we have never heard of any hotel not letting you bring something up to your room. EVER.

And anyone who speaks to a guest this way, especially with no provocation whatsoever, has no business being in any industry even remotely related to hospitality.

This experience put a real damper on what could have otherwise been an awesome trip.

But while Mr. Sercan was overtly rude, much of the rest of the staff there also had bad energy. Almost no one smiles and the look on most of the staff faces is one of: "I'd rather be anywhere but here." If Ramada Antalya had a slogan it might be: "service with a frown."

There were some notable exceptions: The front desk lady who checked us in was lovely. As was the sun-deck bartender. The towel guys were also very nice. And this starts me off on my cons, which are:

1. The hotel and the rooms are beautiful.
2. The view from the sea are breathtaking.
3. The location of the hotel is great: in the middle of the city and walking distance from lots of great restaurants.
4. The breakfast is great (again, minus the service).
5. The facilities are awesome as well.

If you are willing to deal with very sub-par service, the hotel itself is wonderful. Just be warned, one experience like the one I had can ruin your whole trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank DANIEL e
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 6 days in april. It was a business trip. The location of the hotel is very good. You can walk to old town through a nice shopping street. The price was excellent, and everything was perfect for the price, excellent staff, service and food. Bartenders were very good at their job.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Oguz B
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just came from my vacation for six days in Antalya. The hotel is almost new and well maintained . The location of the hotel is great with close proximity to the old town and shopping shops for antiques in old town and cloth in Ataturk road. The food in restaurant is great with very nice view of the sea. The spa is very nice and it has large area that you can take one-two hrs daily. The room is not really a sea view (you can sea the sea but from the top of the other buildings)
The only drawback is that the people at the reception are not very friendly nor helpful, but I think this will apply to Turkey in general not to this hotel in specific, that why I gave Ramada an excellent rating
About 300 m you can ride the bus KL08 to go to Terra city the biggest shopping mall in Antalya. The rafting trip is a must do (it is a lot cheaper if you book it online $25). The Aqua land water park is very nice. You can walk to the old harbor from the hotel (10 min) and take a 2 hrs trip for (10 Lt) to 6 hrs trip for (25 Lt).

Room Tip: Try to have in the upper floors (>7 floor)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank elmihma
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights for a holiday. Rooms are up there with any good 4/5 star major brand. Lobby /gym/pool facilities also very good. Access to the sea and pool area very relaxing and the hotel is walking distance to the old town. Free wifi in room was useful. The only negative for me was that the breakfast buffet whilst having a large choice was below my expectations. Having said that, I paid £69 per night which is excellent value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dannyjayadams
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife needed a hotel a last minute and was able to get her a room online at the Ramada for a great price. Didn't have any preconceived expectations but she was very presently surprised.

She was provided with a room upgrade upon arrival. The view of the ocean was fantastic, reception staff were polite and very helpful and the room itself was large, clean and very comfortable.

The only thing that could be improved was the breakfast. Choice was not fantastic and could be improved.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed at the Ramada in July. Upon arrival the check in staff where were professional and helpful. The concierge took us thorugh the practicalities of the hotel in a very friendly way. The hotel is very opulent and the rooms very big. The bathroom is one of the largest I have come across on my travels.

There isn't anything you couldn't get in this hotel, great service... And the breakfast is well worth the money, it was gorgeous.

Drinks at the hotel are a little bit expensive, but given the standard of this hotel this is not surprising.

The location is great, it's very near Oldtown and monuments. Oldtown is kind of a lovely romantic city, with full of pubs, restaurants and monuments. However, don't miss the the pearl of the city, Seraser Restaurant. It was an amazing experience. On arrival, we were greeted and taken straight to our table by the team. The table had red rose petals scattered over it which no others had. We were offered a glass of champagne to start which we took, and were given a "welcome gift" of a small amuse-bouche. After this we were given menus. We chose the best selections of Ottoman-Europen fusion with the wine pairing by the sommelier. They said they were taking us on a journey and they did just that. The food was amazing, always presented to us in a precise
coordinated way, and then what we had was fully explained to us. Before each course the sommelier brought me a glass of wine matched to it, and explained what it was and how and why it matched, which improved my understanding greatly. With him occasionally topping my
glass up, I was slightly tipsy by the end. It was a truly amazing experience and one to remember - we will not forget our first anniversary!
I would highly recommend Ramada and Seraser to anyone, coming to Antalya.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple