“Excellent hotel in great location”

Ramada Plaza Antalya
Ranked #28 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Truly excellent hotel I have to admit! Far above my expectations!

I have made reservations with alpharooms as they offered much more competitive rate than anybody else. I've stayed only one night in Ramada Plaza Antalya during my trip to turkey in Nov 2011. There is complimentary valet parking or self service garage.

As I arrived early I needed to wait for my room a little bit, but in meantime helpful receptionist provided me an Internet access, so my time would fly quicker. It was worth waiting for the room...

Junior Suite #2103 - I was actually Wowed when I entered this room. I could honestly live in such environment. Spacious living room with sofa, separate bedroom, walk-in wardrobe, bathroom, another toilet, balcony with sea & city view. Spotless clean, fresh and modern. That's what I like and think suppose to be done! Room was truly amazing and I was sad that I've booked only one night there. Loved that from the first moment.

I'm not going to reckon all list of amenities you have available in your room, but I have to mention rich mini-bar (with reasonable prices), 2 large TVs, uncomplicated complimentary Wi-Fi access, comfortable bed (ooooooh, I loved that bed) etc.

Bathroom was more than perfect. Walk-in shower and bathtub, large mirror, toilet and great selection of complimentary high-quality Ramada toiletries. They offer as well full basket of other cosmetics for purchase in case you forgot something. Good idea actually. Of course clean, fluffy, white towels and bathrobes were there.

I didn't complaint, that weather was bad that afternoon as I could stay in this room. Just loved that, haha.

In the morning I had breakfast downstairs. I found it very well organized with really good selection of different meals and dishes available. It was quite busy (some groups of package holiday tourists), but staff was efficient and helpful. Everything was cleaned quickly and tables were ready for other guests.

After checking-out I was kindly allowed to leave my baggage and car in the garage for few hours to have opportunity to see Antalya. Old town is within short 15 min walking distance. Loved this location.

I didn't use other hotel facilities, like SPA, but that looked amazing. Various massages and treatments, but maybe a little bit overpriced.

I think that hotel management had great idea to add some Social Media suggestions on the key card cover. This is really important at the moment and I'm happy that this is noticed by the hotel. Links to twitter, facebook and TripAdvisor presented there as well as short hotel directory. Example worth to be used in other hotels!!!

I am actually quite surprised that some guests had some issues with the staff. I found them very natural, friendly and attentive (but not intrusive). Really professional and helpful. I noticed during breakfast that some people almost bark to waiters instead of saying 'please' - and in this case I agree - they may answer the same way as they were approached. I would do the same. As I mentioned before, I was really glad that I booked that hotel and I really recommend it to anybody (other TripAdvisor users, friends and my clients). It's worth to pay a little bit extra for Suite or Junior Suite. Next time going to Antalya that would be my first and only one choice - I'm sure about that.

Room Tip: Suite or Junior Suite is soooo worth that a little bit of extra money! Really stunning!
3  Thank marqoos_pl
Onur G, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2011

Dear Mr. "Marqoos_pl " ;

I would like to thank you for the name of Ramada Plaza Antalya staff for your very gentle reviews about our services .
It is our pleasure to provide you unforgettable moments in our Hotel. We hope to see you again here as our guest.

Front Office Manager & Quality Management Representive

Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed November 26, 2011

We just got back today and we are still enjoying it. The weather was nice, even it was November. The service was very good, especially at the bar. The rooms are very beautiful and big, the only thing I didn't like is that there was no sun at the balcony.

We always had clean towels & sheets and our minibar was always filled again.

All-in is very good, especially that it incluided a lot of cocktails.

The only regretful thing is that we were not able anymore to sit outside during dinner.

We enjoyed our stay very, very much and surely we want to go back some day.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Dorien1990

Dear Dorien1990 ;

I would like to thank you for your kind reviews about our services .It will be a great pleasure to see you again here as our guest.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stay from 6 till 27 of November in this hotel with all inclusief concept. Prefect location. Near to the old city and the old harbour which I could visit during the day and the evening. Because I wanted to stay for 3 weeks the fitness hall, hamam, sauna, Turkish steamd bad and outside swimmingpool, which all of them were very beautiful and clean, were the perfect solution to keep me relax. Only the food was less then what I expected but with the caring and lovely personal in de reception, restaurant, bar and Spa special english speaking Meneske Haspolat, I didn't mind much for the food. The rooms are also very nice and clean. The price quality for the city hotel was excellent.

Dear Mr. Behzat F ,

Reviewed November 24, 2011

I stayed this hotel on 22 November and I would get up early in the morning. I could not sleep because of the music from the bar could be heard in every room. I would check out at 5 am in the morning.. I mentioned that I have anything from the minibar. But the man from the front desk wanted a hotel staff to be sent to the room and checked .. I felt so humiliated and it took 10-15 minutes ...very disappointed ...

4  Thank Pelle12
Onur G, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2011

Dear Pelle 12 ;
For being as we are a member of an International Hotel Chain the age, the nationality, and the entertainment portfolio of our guests that accomodate in our hotel is very wide. As the Hotel Management we would lie to satisfy the holiday preferences of our guest on an equal rank. Therefore, sometimeswe may across with the problems you have mentioned above.

Ramada Plaza Antalya has brought a brand new perspective to the city hotel understanding, by giving service to their guests with a Maxi Bar which includes 46 different items from food options to personal care products. Therefore the checking process unfortunately takes a little bit time.

However , as Ramada Plaza Antalya we would be pleased to you give service as our guest one more time.

Sincerely yours

Mr. Onur GUZELCAN

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Very good hotel with a perfect location in Antalya, the city center is just at 5 min walk from hotel.

Food : really tasty foods from turkish's kitchen
Rooms : very confortable with a lot of facilities
Spa & Welness : unfortunatelly I haven't the time to try it but looks like very good.
Pools : indoor & outdoor pools are perfect but a bit cold (in winter season) for families with childrens

I can really recommand this hotel to everyone which wants to go to Antalya for business or also for a holiday.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank kmehmet
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We have stayed in the Ramada Plaza in Antalya for one week and we can only say: wow! We have never been in such a beautiful place, with fine food and excellent service. The hotel is situated close to the citycenter, so you can combine culture with relaxing at the pool. The view from the hotel is overwelming.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We have been going to Antalya city for about 10 years now and we just can't get tired of it. We much prefer a hotel near the old town than on Lara beach where, apart from lying in the sun, there's nothing to do!We've been to various hotels, including the Divan Talya for many years but were not able to book there this time through our tour operators in Belgium. So we knew the Ramada Plaza as we used to go past it on our way to the old town but we'd read quite a few negative comments about it and didn't know what to expect.
Well, we can now say that everything was perfect! The food was really excellent, varied, well presented and plentiful. Although very near to the town we had chosen the 'all-in' formula and didn't regret it. We were absolutely amazed at what you could get at midnight as a night snack. We had been to a late show that night.
Staff: that's the aspect that received the most negative criticisms from other tourists. Well, we found everybody very, very friendly and helpful (except the head waiter in the Indigo bar who could learn how to smile to people). We particularly liked Gulsah, Erfan and Sultan and enjoyed Turkish lessons with Asim and Mustafa!
Rooms: spacious and well equipped, including tea and coffee facilities. Even a bath AND shower in the bathroom!
Seats around the swimming-pool and on the little terraces: although it was not in high season, the hotel was relatively crowded and as always, people rarely respect what the hotel asks them to do. They leave towels on the beds or seats even when they are not actually using them. The best thing for the hotel to do is to deliver a card which entitles the bearer to get ONE towel at a time. At least you feel obliged either to take it back to the assistant if it is wet or take it with you to your bedroom but not abandon it on a seat and monopolise the seat unnecessarily.
Lovely swimming-pool inside as well.
As a conclusion: we'll go again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple