“Excellent for a chill out 7 days”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Baia Lara Hotel

Baia Lara Hotel
Ranked #2 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Excellent for a chill out 7 days”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I'll say what you need to know (we were a 40 something couple on 25th wedding anniversary without kids (we have six, yes we left them at home, they are mainly stay at home adults)): well run hotel, food excellent (noisey inside with kids but quiet outside), spotless, extra touches lovely. Beach a bit featureless, but with all inclusive who cares.On site Turkish bath and de-stress massage sublime, little pricey but worth it. We went early April 2014 so pools cold (I liked them, wife didn't) but they have heated ones, sea at that time not swimable and piers into sea not in operation. You will have to travel into town (Antalya) or elsewhere for Turkish culture as hotel strip the Baia is in, is disney land (fake shops galore for Loui Vitton, etc nearby, great, filled suitcase, wearing one now). There's a whole lot of Turkey out there though and make use of hotel excursions, we had a good one up to mount Olympus, snow on top exiting cable car ride and meal on water fall, and roman ruins (Thompson organised £59 each, great value)! Couldn't manage 2 weeks as on weight watchers and stomach now too small for the fabulous food on offer (only put on 3 pounds though!). Positive advice: we arrived early hours and booking in process was slow and annoying so more staff or better registration process for late arrivals would be better for what is a 5 star hotel. Conclusion - had a great time and will be back sometime with family.

Room Tip: Currently building a new hotel next door so avoid that side.
6 Thank Paul L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband, myself, and 10yr old son and parents, all stayed here for a week recently. Before I write this it was out of season and was just a weeks stay of nothingness for our entire trip....The hotel is a great standard cleaned to within an inch of its life by it seems everyone, the rooms are bright and airy and indeed the one we had on floor 5 overlooked the liberty next door, yes at times when the patio door was open we did indeed hear noise from other areas but in my mind CLOSE THE DOOR.. The pool area is clean and tidy and plenty of sun beds to be had at whatever the time of day (remember my first comment out of season) the main pool was indeed freezing cold but it was april 11th so this is expected and the smaller heated pool suited us for a dip and my elderly parents, my son indeed braved the main pool as did many other children (not many adults) and he thoroughly enjoyed the water slides which were adjacent to the children's play area. this is open for 2 hours in the morning and afternoon and at first thought this was a bit silly however when its full season I would totally understand why this happens and think its a good idea to limit this, my son enjoyed this area especially however their were some older children who lets say were "not that polite" and at times took over this area but by no means is this down to the hotel or its standards. The animation team work so hard and especially kind and friendly throughout, we didn't witness the full animation team and night entertainment because of the time of year but to be honest if your a seasoned traveller once you've seen one you've seen them all but big shout out to their enthusiasm and effort to us lazy pool watchers I say......... The entertainment we did see was expected a couple of bands the obligatory karaoke and indeed what we expected but lets be honest its not crucial to be see a west end show and boy band entertainment every night is it... The only slight critique I would give is the dinning area. When you first enter the area all is pleasant and refreshing but we made the mistake of going for our first evening meal at 7.00pm opening,,,,,,big mistake not only were we tired and i take this into account but it was like rammed with guests all vying for a table....it was carnage their are not designated tables for guests its a grab a table when you can.....now as much as this doesn't offended me the whole process did however solution to this we ate later at 8.00pm and all was better, I must add a lot of this rushing and pushing was from other ignorant guests of all nationalities which added to the issue, I personally prefer a nominated table rather than the rushing into the school dinning room scenario but again perhaps this would change to a seated and dinning times in full season, the food was delicious and well presented and yes repetitive if you choose the same every night which whilst in Rome I say!!!!! the breakfast time was fine as was the lovely lunch area around the main pool again its all in the timings me thinks....and the pizza bar is lovely and freshly made to order worth a cheeky visit. We did indeed try the a"la Cart restaurants and myself and husband loved the change however my parents didn't quite enjoy the lack of choice, but thats an age thing and the reason you visit I think.......lastly the reception staff are more than helpful and extremely helpful in advising you with their attentive smiles......There is just outside the hotel a small collection of shops for those basics pharmacy cash point etc and the obligatory tat shops who were all friendly and not too into season with the usual asda price etc etc so this was pleasant. further on down from the hotel to the left out of the entrance area is the main shopping area we walked which took about 15/20 mins with a couple of oldies to shopping centres off all standards, my favourite being the Antalya Mall a new bright 3 floor shopping haven some smart shops selling quality bits and pieces and yes you guessed it the usual shops selling ralph lauren t shirts for £3.00 each!!!!!!! All in all our visit was what we expected out of season we were lucky to have decent weather all though chilly at night and we did relax for a week. The hotel in my mind is a good 4 star (having stayed in many 5 star all inclusive all over the world) feel qualified to say this, I would not complain if I was to return again for a further weeks stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank sb8867
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014

A 7 night stay here for Easter.

The hotel is spotlessly clean, has amazing pools, right on the beach and overall fantastic facilities.

It is very close to being outstanding. However, there is just something missing on the customer service side of things.

Not just us, but others we spoke to found similar inconsistencies and sub-standard service. I hate to be negative because 95% of the staff are superb, always smiling and trying to make your holiday, especially the bar staff. It's the main restaurant and Brasserie that we found to be lacking in organistaion and service. This is particularly strange as senior managers parade around there regularly and can obviously see the problems that guests are encountering.

The restaurant is like a school canteen. People rushing around all over the place trying to find tables. When you do find one, it is quite often strewn with the last persons plates and glasses. Just not 5* quality.

If you leave your table to go up for desserts, don't be surprised that when you get back to it, your drinks and everything have been removed! Happened to us a couple of times. When you want a clear table, there isn't one and when you don't want it cleared, it is! Just basic catering organisation required. It suggests that the staff are simply unaware of their particular area of responsibility.

Other than this, as said before, the place has everything for an enjoyable holiday. Would hate to experience the restaurant in operation when the hotel is at maximum capacity though. They cannot cope now to a 5* standard.

3 Thank DesnDeb
scotland
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Just returned from 14 days all inclusive at the Baia Lara in Antalya. We have had a great time. We were given a bit of a wow factor with champagne and refreshments on arrival and extremely quick and efficient check in service. Our room (4306) was lovely sea view. The room had everything we needed. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of toiletries. mini bar, toiletries etc were replenished daily. The pool area was fantastic clean, relaxing with plenty of sun beds. The resort was very clean and modern, excellent customer service throughout, nice relaxing bars. The food was very good. Good selection. For lunch, there was a stone bake oven where they made pizzas to order. The food stations for lunch were fantastic especially the fried chicken and donner kebabs! Entertainment was ok, made enjoyable by the guys who work in the hotel, .Couple of bars to choose from, the 24hr bar was beautiful to sit in and very relaxing with great cocktails. There was a bowling alley beside this bar but you have to pay for it. Small arcade area. Not too expensive to play games. Yes there is building work going on next door there is a water park being built but we didn't find it intrusive.As we went the first week in April the pier and white bar were not open which was a big disappointment, but I know they have to take weather conditions into considerations for the pier.It opened up the day before we left so I managed to get a whole day sitting on the pier which was fantastic.The pools were freezing and hardly anyone was swimming in them , maybe they should think about heating them up a bit. There is a heated pool but you could not get near it for kids.The hotel staff were very friendly and always said hello in passing, I think it would be a nice touch if the hotel put on a free shuttle bus to the Old Town of Antalya as it is beautiful.
All in all we had a great holiday so much so I was only back a day and already booked for next year.
Looking forward to seeing you all again in The Baia Lara and thank you for a great holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view. Room 4306 was really nice and big
2 Thank spenceskye
hamilton
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My daughter and I spent 2nd week of Easter school holidays here. Hotel was busy but not too overcrowded. We had a room on 7th floor which was spacious and cleaned every day to a good standard. Great choice of pools however they were freezing! there was one heated but was mainly used by children. We went to the Mexican & Italian restaurants and were pleased with choices of food.Buffet restaurant was very busy at usual peak times. Had a couple of lunches at beach restaurant and enjoyed the salads and freshly made pizzas. Our 1st time at the Baia doubt it will be our last!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank helenswilson
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from baia Lara after a 12 night stay and in general this is a wonderful hotel, check in quick and easy, porter will take your luggage to your room, rooms are a good size and cleaned daily.
Mini bar in room is restocked daily and is very welcoming when you have been out in the heat of the day come back to
Your room to chilled soft/alcoholic drinks in the fridge (it is not a large fridge so don't expect a huge range but will hold approx 12 bottles of whatever you require) large telly with DVD connected the hotel is lovely in appearance and the staff are helpful and friendly the food hall is huge and is a very large selection of food. But we were there for 12 days it did start to get a bit boring. But in my opinion the food was of a very good standard, especially the outside food court and you MUST try out the pizza's (find them behind the water slides) fresh pizza made to order while you wait. I do have 2 small issues with this hotel however ... 1. High chairs! There was plenty of these in all of the food areas but some left safety and cleanliness much to the imagination, a couple were missing straps and 1 was actually broken allowing the seat to literally come away from the stand...when I told this to the waiter it seemed to be ignored as when I saw it the next day it was still in use in the same place! The only other niggle I had with our stay was 2. The quality of the entertainment there was with the exception of Sundays, entertainment laid on every evening but it was (in the words of my son) " that woman with the keyboard is back" now in fairness to the hotel it was a different event very night but it was all a version on a theme, might I suggest a magician or comedy event I realise language could be an issue here but I think there is more that could be done on the entertainment side.
But that all said I would still highly recommend this hotel to everyone

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Duracell-rabbitt
Reviewed April 23, 2014

what a beautiful hotel, 24 hour all inclusive, the food and drink were brilliant, the hotel was only a year old when we visited, totally blew us away, the whole experience amazing.
would highly recommend to families or couples.

Room Tip: lovely rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family