“Top Johnny Banana (and all inclusive means all inclusive)”
Review of Baia Lara Hotel

Baia Lara Hotel
Ranked #3 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went to the Baia Lara two years ago, I never thought I would go back, simply because it was the best hotel I had ever stayed in and I never thought I'd be in a position where I could go back. Thanks to some help from the inlaws we were able to go back this September and it was even better than before.
The hotel complex is superb, because of the size of the pool area it never gets crowded and neither do any of the numerous bars serving ice cold beers or whatever tickles your fancy.
The food is superb, with lots of choice and if the massive buffet wasn't enough (and for most hotels that is enough), the Baia Lara have a different theme each night so you can have mexican, asian, seafood etc etc throughout the week, in addition to the core buffet staples.
The staff are really lovely, especially the entertainment staff and special thanks goes to Mustafa; he makes time for absolutely everybody, is a total charmer and goes out of his way to make sure that everybody is enjoying themselves. He's just as happy talking politics as dancing with go-go dancers. We took our two little twin girls out with us again, and he remembered them from two years ago and his love for life meant that they took to him too and genuinely miss him now we are home. He embodies the Baia Lara, the place just would not be quite the same without him, so thankyou!
The weather was lovely, low to mid 30s (C) during the day and a pleasant 22 in the evening. The gym was well equipped,if only the germans didn't insist on putting towels on the rowing machines! I thought this was a stereotype but it's actually true.
I cannot recommend this place enough, if you get the chance to go then go, and say hello to Mustafa, although he'll probably say hi to you first.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 7th floor are higher than those on the 1st. Not much I can say really, you get the roo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank Dave T
Write a ReviewReviews (2,493)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is just great. The staff are helpfull and effiicient, the swimming pool water quality is amazing. The food taste and choice is excellent and the rooms are spacious and clean. It is just so easy being in this hotel. No stress, clean safe environment for the children and being all inclusive no hassle paying for food and drinks as you go! Highly recommended with very little if anything to fault.

6  Thank ClivePNorthampton
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed in Baia Lara in March this year with my friend and enjoyed it that much I went back with family and I wasn't disappointed. Hotel is spotless, rooms are spacious with free mini bar and safe.It was my birthday when there and I received a cake and bottle of wine in my room which was an unexpected surprise. My family have food allergies so through the guest relations I spoke to the restaurant manager who was very helpful, writing me a letter to show the chefs so I could make sure the food was suitable. Bar and waiting staff were all friendly and helpful . Entertainment team were all great but have to give a special mention to our friend and dart buddy Cem who is a credit to the hotel and they are very lucky to have him as part of their team. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to family and friends and will hopefully return myself in the near future.

6  Thank Jim M
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just back from a perfect week at The Baia Lara. What can I say. The hotel is stunning, the weather was fab and the staff were excellent. It is spotless and there is something for everybody. The food is wonderful and so much choice you can pretty much eat the clock round, they even come round the pool several times offering you more food. It thoroughly deserves it's five star rating and I would recommend it to anyone. If you are going don't bother with Turkish Lira as they would rather any currency than their own, mainly Euro's or Sterling.

Room Tip: Take your mosquito plug in as we got bit during the night.
7  Thank furry46
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just returned from a fabulous week at the Baia Lara. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children aged 6 and 2 and arrived at the Baia Lara evening time where we were pleasently surprised by the warm temperature of 22 degrees and warm welcome. The hotel is elegantly finished and is emaculately clean in all area's. The food in the main resturant was very good with a wide variety of choice my son especially loved the fresh pancakes at breakfast time, he ate that many!!!!! The food on offer at lunch time was great ranging from Chicken, freshly made Pizza (well worth a try), Salad to the best Kebabs ever.The A'La Carte resturants are well worth a visit the food was divine with excellant service in great surroundings by the beach. All pool area's were clean with large swimming pools the childrens pool even had small sun loungers for children which we thought was an excellant touch.The beach was lovely and very clean with its own shaded children's play area. It was my birthday while we were there and I was treated to a bottle of wine and a lovely fresh fruit cake. All in all a we had a great holiday, lovely hot weather (approx. 32 degrees) and great facilities. One down side was the British were a very small minority, but at least we didn't leave our manners at home! Last downside, but not related to the hotel, was the 8 hour delay we encountered on our return journey which we heard was not unusal and had happened on the return Manchester flight the previous weeks. The sandwich which we were provided at the airport was not pleasent at all in the 8 hours we were delayed we got 1 sandwich and 1 bottle of water which we thought was not enough, also the reps at the airport did not seem at all interested in keeping us up-to-date with information. In conclusion cannot fault the Baia Lara Hotel at all, well presented, large bedrooms, good quality of facilities, great selection and quality of food and most of all exceptionally clean. Would definately return!

9  Thank MJB73_12
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We spent a week at the hotel 5-12 October 2012. Arrived late afternoon and booked in with no welcome but not that much of an issue, hotel was exceptionally clean and room was lovely with loads of toiletries, no balcony which was a bit of a shame especially on a evening. The daytime around the pool was great with very clean areas and no issues at all finding a sunbed no matter what time. We found this hotel very quiet during the day which was very refreshing with no loud music or being bothered by entertainment staff at all. The food at the buffet similiar to other hotels we have stayed at in this area which essentially is good and varied. The food stalls during the day were superb with either buffet but more likely the various food stalls with pizza kebabs chicken salads etc cracking. The a la cartes were impressive and service great well worth the 10 euro pp. Our only negatives were the service in the buffet area where generally you had no service so if you wanted a drink you got it yourself from the bar again not a major issue but have been other hotels where the service was better and made the eating experience much nicer. Our only other negative was on the evening, unfortunately the weather on the evening was not great and due to the rain the bars outside were closed which meant the evening was spent in the lounge bar which was like a airport lounge with no atmosphere and to be fair boring,we accept that the weather did not help and i know the hotel is due a refurbishment and that this may be addressed. Overall a lovely hotel and we enjoyed the daytime but found the evenings lacking atmosphere and decent entertainment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jason Y
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I was lucky enough to be treated to a holiday by my husband to this fantastic hotel. We arrived late at night to a friendly welcome and speedy check in and were still able to get some food at the late dinner buffet. There are mixed reviews around the food and service for the Baia Lara and I really cannot see why. I am quite a selective eater but did not have any complaints at all. Breakfast was a huge buffet style selection of cereal, fruit, meats, cheeses, breads, pastries as well as a whole host of hot foods, there really was something for everyone. Lunch consisted of the buffet restaurant as well as a selection of food huts serving chicken, pizza, salad, doner meat, gozleme (Turkish style bread) and pizza as well as waiter service at the White Bar with a varied menu. All of which were excellent. We didn't try the a la carte restaurants for dinner (so can't comment) as we didn't feel we needed to as there was so much choice again at the buffet restaurant. Theme nights catered for everyone and the quality at all times was excellent. Not once did we experience any issues with service (as some people have indicated). All the staff were polite and friendly and were always busy clearing and setting tables ready for the next diners. We didn't tip anyone until the end of our stay and don't feel we received any lesser quality service as a result. All the bars were excellent and their different locations ensured we never got bored of going to the same place. We had a land facing room which was lovely, had more than sufficient space, was cleaned immaculately and the mini bar and toiletries always fully restocked. The daily entertainment was very good. I did water aerobics a few times and my husband and I also played darts. These were both a good way of getting to know fellow guests. The swimming pools were just amazing, so much space not once did it ever feel over crowded despite the hotel being almost full. The evening entertainment was good and the shows we saw were excellent. One member of the entertainment team, Cem, was a pleasure to meet and was especially good at his job as he really did entertain! He knows 5 languages and really went out of his way to talk to everyone and although being English we were small in numbers here he made us feel very welcome. We were really lucky to meet a lovely German family and an English Mum & Daughter who we are still in touch with. To summarise, we had a faultless stay, an amazing holiday and did not experience any of the issues other guests have commented on. We would not hesitate to return for another holiday to the Baia Lara as our overall experience was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2012