“Short stay, but good”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya
Ranked #10 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We only stayed here for 1 night, on a room only basis, but would certainly stay again. The room was really nice, the staff were superb. They initially gave us a room for two but we were 3 people, this was sorted in less than 5 minutes - excellant service. The beach was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The staff of the Crowne Plaza Antalya know how to treat their guests. It starts from the pickup service from the airport to the hotel. Once we entered the hotel they treated us as five star guests. The friendly hotel staff provided us a welcome drink and guided us to our room. The hotel looks amazing, new and has an oriental design. The hotel is a footstep far from the beach so it was very easy to walk from the pool to the beach.
The hotel was clean and the turndown service was good.
They serve a large assortment of food during the breakfast. For the dinner they offer an 'all you can eat' buffet, which is amazing good. 2 whole lam on a spit, different salads, vegetables and other grill dishes made our dinner unforgettable. We were extremely happy with the service and could see that they are improving the food by giving "that little extra" to make this hotel the best hotel of Antalya. The staff were so helpful and kind.
We enjoyed our accommodation in this hotel and we'll definitely come back to the Crowne Plaza

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank EliasSumer
GRCrownePlazaAnt, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your review.
It will be a pleasure for us to accommodate and serve you once again. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Your Crwone Plaza Antalya Team

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel is located pretty far from the Old town and the Marina-the places where you want to go when you are in Antalya. It is separated from the beach by a four lane highway, which spoils some of the fun. The rooms are relatively big which is a plus.It has many facilities, but as you walk in the door you realize that this is far from a normal five star property. The building is too rundown and the atmosphere too "simple" for that.

After a few min in my room, I realized that this was not the place for me. The most important issue was that the bed was rock hard, and after having travelled the world for many years, I find it hard to find anything to compare it to. Maybe Ukraine... Being a Scandinavian with serious back issues and a high quality bed at home, I could not let this ruin my vacation. I immediately switched to Ramada Plaza, a fabulous hotel close to the old town and the marina. Its more expensive, but if you can afford it, its highly recommended. Upon arriving at Ramada Plaza, I realized that my passport was missing. I knew it had to be in the Crowne Plaza, so i called them and asked if they could find it. They could not. Next day I called them several times: I had only stayed a few min in the hotel, there was only a limited number of places it could be. Each time they denied having my passport. Finally I had to go through a timely ordeal with the police and travel to my consulate where I was informed that I had to fly to Ankara to get a new passport as I was not flying directly to my home country and my car was located in this (other) country.Before booking the flight to Ankara, the Crown Plaza called and said...yes....we found your passport. It was in your room....(I did not hide it under the bed). I was upset that they did not find it before (how hard can it be to find a red passport in a hotel room), but there were really no apologies. IN fact, they refused to send me the passport before I guaranteed that I would pay for the transportation cost to my new location. Upon checking out I was told that they would charge me for one night. This is in accordance with the terms and conditions of my reservation. A week later the management contacts me and informs me that they will try to transfer the money back to me. Turns out they have charged me for the whole stay. Transferring money from Turkey seems to be very difficult, but hoping for the best.

Conclusion: Since this hotel is the cheapest "5 star" hotel in Antalya, it does offer some value for money as it has many facilities and big rooms.However, the professionalism and the "general standard" does not come close to a 5 star experience. This combined with the horrible beds make it hard for me to recommend it. However, I accept that many people seem to enjoy their stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Herman72
GRCrownePlazaAnt, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Herman72,
first of all we want to thank you that you took time for writing your review.
We feel very sorry that our beds with the sleep advantage system didn't fit to your expectations and needs to a bed.
We thank you for reporting the other issues to our attention. We apologize for any inconveniences that has been caused to by these matter. No doubt, your overpayment will be remitted to you as soon as possible.
Positive or negative, we take all feedbacks very seriously as we are just like this able to improve our services for our guests. Thank you once again. Kindest Regards from Crowne Plaza Antalya

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed one night at the Crowne Plaza in Antalya during a tour of two weeks in Turkey. The reception area was spacious and well kept. Dining was enjoyable looking out to the sea. The breakfast and dinner buffets offered a wonderful selection of foods. Rooms were comfortable and the other hotel areas clean and well maintained. Although there is a road between the hotel and the beach, there is a tunnel open during the day to go from the hotel to the beach directly. Since we were in Turkey during Ramadan, we were able to observe many local families on the beach in the evening enjoying their dinner once breaking the fast. It was an amazing experience for us to see. The only negative we experienced was reporting a lamp that did not work in our room, and a lamp that had no light bulb. I talked with two different people at Reception over two days and when we left the third day, there still was no bulb in the lamp and the other was not repaired. It was frustrating since I like to read in bed. Other than that, the staff was courteous and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had great time during our stay. Our room was well designed and had good space. Staff especially in the Restaurant were very friendly and had always smiling faces contrary to many Hotels we stayed in past. We congratulate Aliye, Hatice and Seyfi for their excellent friendly service. We highly recommend this Hotel for both business and vocation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GRCrownePlazaAnt, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

We thank you very much for your review. We hope to welcome and serve you again. Kind Regards from Crowne Plaza Antalya

Reviewed July 12, 2013

we were a group of 4 couples on a vacation in Turkey. Wanted to stay on a beach. We were informed that most hotels are not on the beach, but have a road inbetween; and this one was connected to the beach thru a tunnel.
The hotel was a little away from the city, but in close proximity to a no. of speciality Restaurants on the beach.
The beach itself, being pebbled one, was a bit of disappointment

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sutendra
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel is located on open ground to the West of the city and separated from the beach by a busy dual carrageway that has well marked crossings. Depending on the time of day the driving time to the city centre is about 10-15 mins. The hotel is somewhat isolated with little access in the immediate area to shops, bars, restaurants or cafes.
The hotel staff are generally excellent and provide cheerful and helpful service at all times.
Hotel prices for food and drinks makes eating and drinking in quite expensive though the food quality is very good.
Decorated and fitted in a supposed typical Turkish style the internal layout is interesting and in good condition. However, the square upright design of the chairs and sofas are uncomfortable and unplesant to use for any length of time. Indeed, the only comfortable furniture in the public areas are the sun loungers by the very well kept pool.
The hotel information provided in each room refers to Club Rooms and a Club Lounge, similar to the Crowne Plaza in Izmir. Reception confirmed that there are no 'Club' facilities in this hotel, the inforamtion provided needs to be reviewed.
Free wi-fi is available but the service is terrible. When you can get a connection the service is very slow and it constantly drops out. Reception told me the service had recently been overhauled and they were still having problems,with it.
A good place to stay if you are on a business trip or for a night or two if you do not intend to roam far.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Geoff D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Geoff D,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am happy you found our staff to be cheerful. However, I regret that the Wifi connection was a disappointment and if you found the furniture design to be less than pleasing. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Regards,