Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya
$107
The Marmara Antalya(Antalya)(Great Value!)
$147
$246
$282
$264
1,765 results
All reviewscorner suiteguest relationsunderground tunnelturkeypebble beachbeach accessjunior suitemediterranean seaold towntop floorenjoyed my staybreakfast and dinnerspecial thanksturkish bathhalf boardsea viewstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2011

The hotel was very good on the whole with one minor blip with housekeeping; we were not given toilet rolls on a couple of occasions and had to point out that the bathroom floor had not been cleaned for a couple of days too. This was 'immediately' rectified. There was an extensive selection of foods for breakfast and dinner so there was no excuse for going hungry as there was something to suit every taste.
The staff were generally well organised and friendly depending on the number of hotel guests that were staying overnight. The A La Carte restaurant was excellent and made a nice change to the half-board selection.
We stay away a lot - every week in England and abroad and have to say that the hotel excelled in many areas so it is certainly worth a visit especially as there is plenty of sightseeing to be done when not sunbathing or swimming

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club and ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
CPANTALYA, Asst. CEO at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Thank you very much for taking your time to write this comment about our Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff responded to your problem immediately. I am extremely happy to see that you enjoyed A la Carte Restaurant Ambrosia located on the 10th floor open terrace with breathtaking view of sea and mountain as well as the city. I will pass you comments on to the relevant departments and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Antalya in the near future.

Regards.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

Great hotel : very relax atmosphere with background music in the lobby. Especially during the evenings, it was romantic : live piano music by dinner. Great quality of food. No animation like shows in the evenings or around the pool. Perfect hotel to relax. Special thanks to the guest relations manager : I was sick and she did all the necessary for me. She is very helpfull, polite and concerned about the guests. The tunnel under the ground is perfect to go to the beach. Chairs and towels available for free. Life guard on duty. You don't need a car : busses are regularly passing by in front of the hotel (number KC05) to go to the city center. From Attaturk Bulvari (5 minutes walk) : many busses to the city center (KC06-KC08 and other smaller busses). Cheap : 1,5 TL one way, each person. Rooms very clean and well isolated : no noise of the street. Wifi sometimes not strong enough in all rooms. We'll certainly go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dirk929

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is wonderful to read your positive comments following our facilities and food experience. Antalya is a very beautiful city where you can enjoy all the entertainment of a lively city and ancient architecture that intermingle with Antalya's modern buildings. Our experienced GR can help our guests to organize different tours and sport activities. Thank you once again for staying with us and for recognizing our staff for a job well done

Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have never had expectations dashed so much as here at the Crowne Plaza hotel. And yes, I am still here, checking out tomorrow. Where to begin? The bleach stained carpet in the room? The missing shower head piece? The lack of hotel basic amenities? They even forgot to bring the "complimentary" water to the room! Cleaning was partial and hit and miss. Calls to the Operator (there is no directory of services) were greeted with a "Yes yes, no problem." and then nothing, no follow up, nothing.

Here is one example (of many): My first night I called for slippers, something that has become customary at most decent hotels around the world and virtually every hotel in Turkey. This is a country where you do not wear your shoes indoors, yet in my room I had one of two choices, my shoes or my bare feet on a maybe cleaned rug. Two calls and a visit to the front desk, a note left for the housekeeping department the next morning yielded nothing. Four days later, still nothing. Shampoo and bath soaps have not been replaced. One of the two coffee mugs in my room came pre-lipsticked (I am male and do not wear lipstick!) and never replaced. Hotel bar drinks were pricey and they strictly prohibited bringing in so much as a bottle of water from outside the hotel. The lobby is nine floors open and is not air conditioned. So as I write this (at 9:30 at night, sitting in the lobby because my room had not been attended to all day and a "crew" just showed up), it is uncomfortably warm and stuffy. Warmer and stuffier, in fact, than outdoors.

To be fair, it is a gorgeous facility, the pool was immaculate, the proximity to the water is great (through a tunnel under the highway) and the breakfast buffet is second to none. the Internet signal is very strong in most places, but is also censored. It is not clear what the censorship criteria are, but I could not log into public affairs blogs from the States while staying here.

I stayed in this very hotel two years ago. Though I was only here for one night then, I bragged about it to everyone I talked to and anticipated my return this year with great optimism. I believe that ownership has changed hands and that it is now owned by a Russian company.

The Crowne brand and the organization that gives out star ratings should beware of the smudge this place is on their reputation. Facilities are largely good, though broken showers, stained rugs and uncomfortable lobbies diminish the experience. The staff appears to work very hard but is deployed in such a way that it may be too much for them to handle. At a minimum, if this hotel is to maintain (or in my case restore) its reputation, it will have to remember that guests care about the little things too.

I have recommended the Crowne Plaza Antalya to friends over the last couple of years. I even suggested my daughter take her honeymoon here. She did not and now I am quite relieved. I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone any more.

Reading through, travelers will find mixed reviews of this or any hotel. Experiences are more subjective than objective. Still there is no denying neglect of facilities or guests. I am sorry to recommend that the reader pick some place else

In spite of it all, I chose not to take it out on the working staff. Clearly, this is a problem from the very top. So I tried to get change for a daily tip for the cleaning staff. Unfortunately, the front desk could not accomodate breaking even a fifty lira note.

Room Tip: Be a member of whatever is the club for Crowne Plaza hotels. The complaints I listed here would likely remain, but your room and view will be stunning.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank upstate102
CPANTALYA, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear Guest,

First of all I do want to thank you for taking time to share your comments about our hotel in here because the comments that our guests write make us see our mistakes and also motivate us.

As you mentioned you have stayed in many Crowne Plaza brand hotels therefore you are well aware of our service standarts as well as Turkish hospitality.

Our first priority is %100 guest satisfaction and our staff works very hard to accommodate all of our guest needs and make their stay enjoyable. Like you stated in your comments our staff members care about our guests as well as our management company.

On the other hand sometimes things go wrong and unfortunately people can make mistakes. But this does not mean that we do not care about our guests. As Crowne Plaza Antalya employees and management we are proud to have this brand and our guests in our hotel.
I am deeply sorry about the inconvenience you have had in our hotel. I wish we could make you leave our hotel happy. Again I am sorry…

Since you visit Turkey often if you do not mind letting me know before you plan your next trip I would be more than happy to help you.

Mert Bulucu
Operations Manager

Reviewed September 16, 2011

We have just returned from a lovely stay in the Crowne Plaza. The staff were always polite and the cleaning staff were courteous and friendly. The pool was lovely, we always got a sunbed and I actually enjoyed the music at the pool!

Not all the staff speak fluent English but there was always someone to help us with our query, I don't know why people have these complaints when going abroad, tourists in Antalya are diverse-certainly when we stayed the brits were certainly in the minority we enjoyed interacting with new people and learning about Turkish culture. We started to learn some Turkish phrases and I would advise people to do the same.

Be careful taking the underground tunnel to the beach, the day we went it was soaking wet and my boyfriend fell down the stairs, thankfully he was ok but could have been worse for a child or elderly person.

We enjoyed breakfast, great choice of food and I loved the Turkish tea!!

The bus stop is a five minute walk from the hotel and would definately recommend a trip to the town centre and the large shopping mall.

People can pick fault with anything, overall our stay was a very pleasant one and would definitely like to return :)

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

An architecturally impressive atrium and comfortable rooms were matched with a stunning pool area. Unfortunately the hotel was quite far from the city centre (a 1.5 hour walk or 15 mins cab ride) and located on a busy main dual carriageway.

The pool was great for chilling, although spoiled by the all day Turkish europop on the poolside sound system. The beach was narrow and pebbly so we avoided it.

The food was reasonable although perhaps not gourmet. Unfortunately breakfast comes with no real coffee, just instant and no orange juice, just orange squash. We also couldn't figure why there wasn't a chef doing fresh food (eg omelettes, pastas) to order in the restaurant, which we have seen in other 5* hotels.

On our last day, with a long wait to our flight, we could not understand why a courtesy room was not offered. We were told the hotel was full although it seemed much quieter than it had been earlier in the week. That aside staff were generally friendly and courteous.

Overall a nice, modern hotel but a little far from town.

• Stayed: September 2011