“Modern, clean and friendly. Would stay again”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya
Ranked #8 of 235 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed May 25, 2011

A very clean and modern hotel with extremely polite staff. We stayed bed and breakfast as we were out every evening. The outdoor pool is spot on and could only be improved by being heated (This is a little picky on my part). They also have a private stretch of pebbled beach for customers only.

If you walk towards the beach upon exiting the hotel you can cross over the road and catch the 39 bus to 'Migros 5' shopping centre or 49 bus to Kaleici (Old town).

There is a petrol station further along the beach side of the hotel where you can get snacks and drinks at a fraction of the cost (compared to mini bar).

Always haggle in the Old town and expect to pay approximately two thirds of what you are first quoted.

Shout if you have questions and I will try my best to answer.

Room Tip: Stayed in 507 which had a sea view and spacious
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shamas80
CPANTALYA, Assistant CEO at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Thank you for your comments towards our hotel and staff, I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay. Once again thank you for taking the time to place this review and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Antalya Hotel in the very near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,728)

Reviewed May 4, 2011

We had a 3 night stop over after spending a week at the fabulous Saray Regency Hotel (see another review) near Mangavat (towards Side).

Negatives
--------------
This hotel is not child/family friendly and no thought at all had gone into catering for them e.g.:
- on arrival we were allocated a smoking room despite having an 8 year old & not being asked if non smoking would be preferred (He actually has slight Asthma). We only realised later in the evening when we entered our room and smelt smoke. We were asked to come to reception the next day and they would see if they could change the room. They did the next day.
- the first room also did not have the extra bed set up in the room despite a booking of 2 adults and a young son.
- when the extra bed was put into the room(s) it was a well worn fold up bed which I am afraid does not live up to he standards expected of a 5 star hotel
- there are next to no facilities for young children who would certainly get board very quickly.
- the buffets for breakfast & dinner were limited in relation to what would be considered the main courses. Not what I have experienced in other 5 star hotels and once again very limited for children. However this is understandable to some extent as the number eating at the hotel may not justify and increased buffet due to waste.
- half board did not include any drinks ... and they are relatively expensive (three times more) in comparison to general prices in Turkey.
- generally all things "are chargeable extras"
- there was no access from the hotel to a stone beach due to repair work

Positives
------------

- the staff members were very helpful
- except for the camp bed the rooms were well appointed
- the spa facilities are very good & included in the room rate (not the treatments)
- easy access to the scenic Old Town area of Antalya via bus.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank sunny_the_red
CPANTALYA, Assistant CEO at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

We highly appreciate your time taken to complete your comments in Trip Advisor as customer satisfaction is one of our highest priorities. As I mentioned in my previous comments we encounter some problems with smoking preferences in busy periods. However, I am happy to know that our staff responded to your request and granted a room change. I would like to advice parents who travel with kids to call directly to the hotel for personalized attention. This is particularly crucial for those parents whose kids have a respiratory ailment such as asthma. Concerning poor selection of child-oriented food, I have conveyed your message to our Executive Chef. The local attractions for kids in Antalya city consist of a number of venues so the kids will never get bored. Here are some outside venues that kids will love and their distance from the hotel: Zoo – 12 km, Theme park – 3km, Mini City – 3 km, free children playgrounds with play equipment at Shopping malls – 3 km, Beach park with hundred leisurely activities both for kids and adults, Aqualand and Dolphinland located within walking distance of our Hotel. Our experienced Guest Relations desk located just at the main entrance would help you to arrange an unforgettable family program. I was informed you didn’t take advantage of their services during your stay.
We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back in future.

Best regards.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

Spent two nights at the Crowne Plaza in February. The hotel has a lot to offer. Multiple spas, fitness rooms, a rooftop deck and an impressive waterfront location. It was a good place to recoup after a few days of blitz tourism!

The rooms were well appointed, though could have been a bit more spacious. The bathroom was a nice size. Artwork in the rooms reflected local history. We did order some room service and it was just ok. A bit over done. Food at the buffet for both dinner and breakfast was exceptional.

The downstairs unisex spa, where the main pool is found is a really beautiful area. Multiple steam rooms, saunas and a pool made to look like its situated between ruins. Very creative use of space. A fun warning - one of the rooms you can explore has a series of showers. One has a bucket suspended above attached to a rope.....don't pull it!

My fave thing about this hotel was the architecture. I loved the use of onion domes and Turkish design elements. Fishtank walls, deep colored woods, inviting bar areas and a glass dome ceiling. Very well thought out and different from other Crowne Plaza hotels. Free internet is also a big plus! Thanks for a great two nights!

• Stayed: February 2011

Thank you for your comments towards our hotel and staff, I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay. It is wonderful to read your comments following your dining experiences, spa and hotel decor.

Reviewed April 20, 2011

I’ve stayed at many other Crowne Plaza hotels (in Turkey and other countries). This one is an anomaly, in a negative sense. There are so many bad features to this hotel; that I don't know where to begin. First off all I booked a non-smoking room but they put us in a smoking room; and when I phoned to complain, the receptionist insisted that I was booked in a smoking room and there were no non-smoking rooms left. I had to go to the receptionist in person and show them my booking before the problem was reluctantly rectified (sort of). The hotel in general has a boring and uninviting ambiance with tired décor to boot. Internet usage is free but restricted (they block many sites). Our room had extremely poor sound insulation (I was kept awake by the neighbors loud chatting till 04:00 AM). The restaurant is another huge letdown; it has a less than mediocre breakfast and dinner buffet. The restaurant coffee had a horrible burned taste (I could not drink it); so when I asked for an espresso, they brought me an “espresso” made from instant coffee. The orange juice is artificial. Some of the vegetables were stale and obviously were the left overs from the prior meal. I could go on and on…

Room Tip: 1) Avoid the 1st floor 2) Complain in person.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FiestaRed
CPANTALYA, Assistant CEO at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

Dear guest,

First of all thank you for taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com. As per the issues you have mentioned I would like to share the following.
We rarely have any problem with providing the rooms up to guest’s room preferences. We do all our best to suit the guests needs and preferences, however regrettably encounter some problems during busy periods. Guest’s satisfaction is a priority in our brand, therefore even in busy periods we grant room change as soon as required room is available. We were disappointed to learn that you have had a bad coffee experience with us. Espresso instant coffee is served free for breakfast. F&B colleagues had to offer you espresso from coffee bean which is extra charge. I am sincerely sorry that our staff didn’t ask your individual coffee preferences. Conserning an open breakfast and buffet menu which you named “a less than mediocre”, we absolutely do not share your view and find this comment unfair. Dinner buffet offers a great selection of food including 10 kinds of hot meal, 65 kinds of cold appetizers, variety of sweets including pasta, traditional turkish desserts etc. Our breakfast buffet which is 12.5 euro per person only! varies from 110 to 125 dishes, 28 out of which are bread, croissants, rools etc. In addition, up to guest’s request our chefs prepare omelets and scrumbled eggs complimentary. In summer season chefs cook made-to-order omelets and pancakes in the open air garden together with the Hotel residents. You’ll hardly find another place in Antalya offering so much variety of food at affordable price. Taking this opportunity, I would like to announce that starting 1 May our guests may create their pizza at the pool bar. Instant orange and cherry juices are also served complimentary for breakfast. Fresh juices are subject to extra charge.
We hope your comments will not put you off choosing to stay in future and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Antalya.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

This is really a “crown jewel”. A really beautiful hotel. We had a great room. The best part of this hotel is the terrific indoor pool and spa area. This is included with your room rate. Free Russian bath and Turkish bath areas. Also a steam room and sauna along with special spa-like showers plus an absolutely beautiful indoor pool. The outdoor pool area looked great but wasn’t open during our stay. The breakfast buffet here was very good. We ate outside the hotel so can’t comment on dinner buffet however the other members of our travel group said it was very good. The hotel is right on the Mediterranean but the beach is very rocky – in fact there is virtually no sand. The only issue we had with the hotel is that it is not walking distance from old town. But there is a bus stop close to the hotel which can get you there for 1.75 lira.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MaxCircus

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is wonderful to read your comments following your SPA experiences. Our SPA facilities one of which (Aphrodite SPA) for ladies only are free benefits for Hotel residents. Our indoor pool is heated up to 29 degree and open year round. Beginning of May 1 both outdoor pool and beach will be open.

Once again thank you for taking the time to place this review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Antalya in the very near future.

Reviewed March 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Crowne Plaza for two weeks during February 2011. We work in Iraq and wanted a nice get-a-way but didn’t want to travel too far. We absolutely loved this hotel!! Since it was the off season, it was very quiet and exactly what we were looking for. We had a fabulous view of the Mediterranean from our balcony, and our suite was extremely comfortable. But, the most enjoyable part of our stay was the staff. Everyone was gracious, courteous and more than happy to lend a helping hand. As soon you walk in the front doors you are greeted by their guest relations representative, Ms. Alyona. She is extremely knowledgeable about Antalya and the surrounding areas. She can assist you in deciding where to go and what to see during your stay. But, all of that aside, she is warm and makes you feel right at home. The hotel manager is always present and mingles with every guest. We ordered room service one evening and the manager himself brought our food to our room. I have NEVER had that happen before! I was quite shocked and happy to have such personal service from management. My husband and I ended up having a wonderful vacation and it’s all thanks to the Crowne Plaza Antalya. Thank you for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SJSuggs

Dear guest,

Thank you for positive comments towards our staff and service. We try to do something special for all of our guests to make them feel at home. We are really proud of our experienced Guest Relations which is always ready to help our guests to explore Antalya and for better orientation in the city. I will pass you comments on to the relevant departments and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Antalya in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

Hotel was beautiful near the Mediterranean. Food was delicious. Used the spa facilities, and Spa Manager, Bihim Gardner, was most accommodating. Recommend Turkish bath and massage from professional, Serdar Polater. Very relaxing. Beautiful pools.

• Stayed: February 2011
3  Thank bebeepcarol
CPANTALYA, Assistant CEO at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

This is always nice to hear our guests enjoyed their stay and met their expectations. We appreciate your comments and hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Antalya.

Best regards.