“Romance on a budget!”

Erken Pension
Erken Pension
Ranked #101 of 219 Antalya B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2011

We have loved our stay here,the location is perfect in the old town,staff are helpful and the place is very clean but most of all this is a wonderful old romantic pension, pay extra for the boutique room, standard rooms are not so good.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Cyclingvicky

Reviewed February 14, 2011

This pension came at the end of our 10 days in Turkey. It was definitely the most atmospheric place we stayed at. Beautiful wooden house, authentic feeling, romantic and comfortable. Everything was clean and smelled good. We could not believe our eyes for the beautiful spacious room we were showed. An elegance we were not used to. We just came from Fethiye where for the same price (20 euros) we slept in a horrible claustrophobic place. I guess competition keep the prices low in Antalya, and the low season made it that we got the best room. Service was also very nice and helpful.
We found minor issues, like the bathroom gets flooded when you shower (all of it) and the original ottoman windows have little acoustic isolation, but generally speaking this is an incredibly beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sushivibe
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed in the Erken Pansiyon for 4 weeks in August. I booked the pansiyon through Eurobookings.com. On the website it stated that the rooms were either Superior or Deluxe so being on a bit of a budget I went for the cheaper option being the Deluxe. When I arrived and saw my "deluxe" room I was quite horrified and was told that it was one of their Standard rooms, and if I wanted a better room I would have to pay more. The pictures of the rooms on the website were nothing like my room which was very small and the bathroom was awful with strips of tape over holes in the door and dreadful plumbing. From the moment I arrived the owner said that he was sorry but I would have to move rooms the next day to a smaller room! So for the first 5 days I couldn't unpack because every day I was told that I would be moving the next day. Finally after 5 days I was told I could stay where I was so I unpacked. Two days later I was told that I would have to move afteall. I was very annoyed at this and the following morning the owner said that as I was so upset I could afterall stay where I was! For the next 10 days my room wasn't cleaned. After 10 days I had to ask to have my room cleaned and then it wasn't cleaned again before I left. Luckily there were 2 beds in the room so I just used the other bed's linen and emptied my own rubbish! In the last week of my stay I started getting bites all over my body so I can only conclude that there were bed bugs so I slept on top of the bedspread with my own hamam towel over me and this seemed to work! Overall it wasn't a very pleasant experience staying in this pansiyon and I couldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TurkeyPenny
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Perfect place if you wanna feel like the stupid Europian looking for being scammed

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meltemm
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Erken pansiyon is close to the Memerli beach in the Old Town in Antalya. It takes a few minutes to walk to the Yivli Minare and to Hadrian's gate. We stayed in to different rooms, both with cosy, old windows and an original wooden floor. All the building is, in opposition to some other pensions, an original house of the old town. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We used to buy fruits in the store opposite to the pension, and the staff prepared it for us, and we enjoyed it at the outside tables, opposite to an ancient wall and some palm trees. The staff helped us with transport advice (for Pamukkale and for airport) without insisting, so that we could select ourselves. It's a convenient place, whose only lack compared to some other pensions is that there's no roof terrace from where to see the mountains.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank RipvanWinckle
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We had a great time in Antalya. We were planning stay in Antalya for just one day, and then go to Kas and stay there for 2 days. After we talk to the owner about our plan, he made a good offer that he would drive us around in his own car. It was a nice experience, since we were five in the group, and unlike most hotel owners, he didn't selling anything to us, just take us around as a friend!! Thanks! Serken!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Morgankao
Reviewed November 23, 2008

Thıs pension was one of the best pensions we have stayed ın Turkey. The very friendly and helpful famıly who run the pension only took over one month ago. The pension ıs a 240 year Konak (motel) and ıs very atmospherıc. The rooms are very clean, beautıful and spacıous and all rooms have great en-suıte facilities. Great Turkısh Breakfast. We would highly recommend this pension .

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 2wheelsrtw