“Luxurious hotel”

Ranked #38 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Ploiesti, Romania
“Luxurious hotel”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I love luxury and this hotel is really luxurious. The lobby of Mardan is amazing, the rooms beautiful and the pool enormous. The food is good, only the service is not 5 stars. English language is not so international there, the basic language is russian, because 80% of the tourists are Russian. But if somebody want lux there is the place to go.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MardanPalaceAntalya, CRM at Mardan Palace, responded to this review, January 1, 2017
Dear Luisiana_12,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your review on Tripadvisor. As our biggest goal is to satisfy our guests, feed backs are very important to offer a continuous good qualified standard.
We are grateful to hear that you find our hotel luxury, lobby amazing and food good.
We hope that we may welcome you back to Mardan Palace Hotel where you have our commitment for a more enjoyable stay.
“Tekrar görüşmek üzere’’ (Hope to see you soon),
CRM Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We went to this hotel in September 2012 and I must admit that visually it is all inspiring. The food, especially the seafood was the best food I have ever eaten in a hotel. They had shrimps the size of your fist and the sushi was very professionally made and very fresh. The desserts were excellent especially their lemon meringue pie, however they were rather stingy with juices especially carrot juice.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear George T,

We would like to express our grateful thanks to you for taking a time to write such nice review about your holiday at Mardan Palace Hotel.
The fact that you wrote such a nice comment about our resort made us feel very special and also made our whole team really proud.
The thoughts of every single guest means a lot to us and is very important.
It is wonderful to know that you consider us a hotel with the best food ever!
We would feel very delighted to be able to host you again in future.

With kind regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel is unreal i mean its deserves so much more than 5 star .I have been to many 5 star hotels around the world but this one took my breath away and made me feel like a princess. the time that i spent there was like a dream . Thank you so much Mardan Palace. the money that i spent there was worth every dollar, my advice to you forget about all the other hotels in Antalya and treat yourself to a magical holiday at Mardan.
a few tips: The Anatolian wing is nicer and more traditional
the french restaurant was amazing
try the spa , its expensive but so worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lolokenya
MardanPalaceAntalya, CRM at Mardan Palace, responded to this review, January 4, 2017
Dear lolokenya,

Thank you so much for your review on Tripadvisor, we really appreciate that you took the time to write such great comments about our hotel.
Our aim is to give a holiday full of magic and memorable moments to our guests from all the world.
All our staff work hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us, so we are pleased to hear that you had a great holiday.
The fact that you have been satisfied in all points of our service and that you have returned home happily makes us very proud.
We hope that you will return to us again so that you can enjoy another great stay.
Thanks once again for your review.

Kind regards,
Tirana, Albania
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The best hotel that I had ever stay.the staff was very friendly the hotel was a luxury one.the food was wonderful.I was with my husband and we pass a really good time.The massage were very expensive. The room was beautiful and the bed very comfortable.i will recommend this hotel all inclusive

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank sofjana B
Dear sofjana B,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays and for taking your time to share your review on Tripadvisor.
We are grateful to hear that you had a nice stay at our Resort and that and that you were satisfied with our services.
This is honor for us to know that you consider our hotel as ''paradise''!
We look forward to welcome you back at Mardan Palace in the nearest future, as it would be a pleasure for us to have you as our guests once again.

Best regards,
Northumberland UK
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am a little frustrated writing this as this hotel could be the best you ever visit. The fact that it cost $1.4m to build and that it is only ranked 36th in Antalya on trip adviser tells you there must be something wrong with it. And there is. I would say when we were there (early Sept 2013) it was only half full and 90% of people staying were Russian. Never heard another English voice throughout our one week stay. The weather was 34c-35c each day.
I think everyone who has questioned this hotel for whatever reason would agree, the hotel is beautiful. The central atrium in the lobby with its 4 huge chandeliers is amazing. Photos just don't do it justice. Everywhere you walk its marble, gold or gold leaf, lead crystal, antique sofas and chairs. Beautiful. The rooms are beautiful and are probably the best we have stayed in anywhere worldwide, that includes the Venetian in Las Vegas and Sandals Antigua. The pool is huge with very comfortable sun beds with thick cushions, no towel cards here, just take as many as you need. Now, my reasons why this hotel is so close to being the hotel its owner wanted it to be, to attract the rich and famous. THE STAFF. All be it they are mostly ok but this hotel deserves the best. Its what you would expect. So much money has been spent on the infrastructure its a real shame they did not equally spend large sums on recruiting the best staff Turkey has to offer.
I found them stoney faced, not very helpful and they stand around looking into space as apposed to attending to guests. God it costs nothing to smile. In the lobby at night there are quite a few waiters and waitress' walking around, but they never come to your table to ask if you needed anything. I found it quicker to just go to the bar and order drinks myself. But I am on holiday and i am paying good money to be looked after, and I should not have to do that. So frustrating. I found very few spoke English so was difficult at times to get across what you wanted. The maid service in our room was poor. Bins not emptied every day, toiletries not replaced, room not always tidied. We stayed in a room that supposedly had a night time turn down service. We never had one the 7 nights we were there. To us that was not a big issue, but why advertise the fact and not do it?
The al a carte restaurants are mainly empty. If you are all inclusive you have to pay 15 euro per person extra to eat at them. That is fine if the food was better than the buffet, but at the French and Thai restaurants we tried they were not. The French in particular was very poor and the Thai was just ok. Again OK at an a al a carte is just not good enough. Because of this we did not try any of the others, although people on TA say the Italian is very good, I have my doubts. I think the hotel would be better allowing all all inclusive guests free use of the al a carte just so to get people eating in these places. They are all so beautiful inside its a shame for no one to use them.
I am normally not a big fan of buffet restaurants, but I found this one very good. The choice is huge, varied and everything tasted very very good. This was the same at breakfast, lunch and evening meal.
If the staff matched the decadence of the hotel and the al a carte food considerably bettered the buffet food, then this place would be unbeatable and I would return year after year. We still loved this hotel and our stay there, thats what has made me so frustrated in writing this review. So so close to being the best of the best.
Remember this is only my opinion so I would say go and try it for yourself I am sure most of you will love it.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank ToonBryan
MardanPalaceAntalya, CRM at Mardan Palace, responded to this review, January 6, 2017
Dear ToonBryan,

Allow us to thank you for your amazing review.
This is such a big pleasure for us to read, that your stay in our hotel was absolutely amazing!
Your words of appreciation are the best reward for us, we are glad to know that you was happy with our hotel decor and our hotel facilities.
We were reading with regret that you were not satisfied with our staff. You can be sure that our Management was informed about your comments and we will do our best to improve the points which you described in your review.
Whenever you wish to come back, be certain that our entire staff will be here waiting for you with their colorful smiles and the impeccable service that you deserve.

With warmest regards,
Milan, Italy
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Me and my family stayed for 5 days at the Mardan Palace in mid August.
First of all I highly recommend travelers who want to stay at this hotel to check Alpha Rooms website before booking: after a long web research, I saved with them about 28% in comparison with the second best Internet offer I had found (and more than 40% comparing the official hotel rate), paying about 350€/night in a deluxe room, All Inclusive, 2 adults + child.
As frequent luxury hotel guest, my overall evaluation of the hotel is very good: the property is gorgeous, I only felt some lacks in services, I think mainly because I was there during the peak season.
This was my experience: from the airport, we got to the hotel by taxi (50TL with the taximeter, same price when we got back, despite it was early morning).
After 25 minutes we arrived to the hotel’s gate, where the surveillance asked me the name in order to check the existing reservation; then, our taxi was able to enter into the hotel.
The lobby is absolutely amazing, full of marble and stairs, very very clean, big. Definitely what many travellers can expect from this kind of hotel. Just at the entrance, every day there were some sweets/drinks available for the hotel’s guests, especially for whom have just arrived.
At the check-in, the receptionist told us that our room was not ready (it was noon) and suggested us to have lunch in the meantime (lunch opened at 12.30, whereas the check-in ordinary time is 2 pm).
We therefore had lunch in the main restaurant, The Bosphorus, for which I have a review a little bit mixed: very good food, huge selection from various part of the world (both at breakfast and lunch/dinner). The problem we had is that it became VERY VERY crowded during peak hours (1pm and 8 pm): in this time we had to fight for a table, we waited very long for our drinks (too few waiters) and, in one case, they set the table without changing the table cloth of the previous guests. A complete disappointing service for a restaurant that pretends to offer luxury service, even with waiters that pour the water into the glasses. It think this was due to the fact that nearly all of the guests selected the all inclusive option, that allows to eat for free only at the main restaurant (the other hotel’s restaurants I saw were always nearly empty). But, at the end, it was sufficient to have lunch/dinner at the opening or 1 hour after the peak moment to find a much better situation. On the positive side, we had always found plenty of selection in term of food, even in the peak hours, so congratulations to the kitchen who went on and on to bring out its delicious dishes.
After our first lunch we came back to the reception, waiting for our room. At 2.20, since none had come to us yet, I went back to the first receptionist who was very surprised by the fact that we were not assigned our room yet. She talked to a colleague and, finally, at 2.40, we had our room (in the meanwhile my son was entertained by 2 people of the staff with Disney’s (or something like that) clothes, they also gave him a lollipop and a balloon). I had e-mailed the hotel after booking, asking for a room on the Ottoman wing instead of the European and I received a very quick confirmation (I walked to the European wing once and I felt it as less luxurious, even if I had no chance to see any room). The room was beautiful, especially the marble bathroom. Very good size, good soundproofing, I only felt the entrance area a little bit dark (it was even not easy to digit the numbers on the safe) and the air conditioning system that didn’t cool down so much the room (this can be a problem for who likes to have 23/24C°).
During my stay I also had a look into a premium room and I didn’t see so many differences from the superior, so in my opinion the superior does not worth the extra money.
Finally, I would like to add some other PRO’s and CON’s I found in the hotel.
PRO’s:
1. Swimming Pool: AMAZING, definitely the best I have ever seen. So huge that we’ve never had a problem to find a sunbed, despite the hotel was full. Great swimming. Please only note that the temperature of the water is quiet low, this could be a problem for someone in cooler month like June or end of Sept.
2. Entertainment: good
3. Food/drinks: very very good, also at the all the various bars of the hotel where I’ve never waited more than 1 minute to have a drink (they only tend to answer “yes” also when they haven’t understood the order)
4. Kids activities: very good, there is also a swimming pool for children with some slides and dedicated surveillance
5. Excellent bathroom products (Hermes)
CON’S:
1. Beach: very small. Once I wanted to have a walk on the beach of Lara but I couldn’t, since the hotel’s beaches are divided with some kind of separators. Don’t go to the Mardan Palace if you like to stay on the beach rather than stay at the swimming pool
2. Location: the hotel is the very last in Lara Beach, if you want to go to the shopping areas you have to take a taxi or a car
3. Housekeeping: on the second day I found an old sock in the room behind the sofa: it was never seen by the housekeeping during the whole stay… After some days we were plenty of shampoos and balsams, but with few cleaning soap bottles, but unfortunately none took care of it during the make-up.
All in all this is a huge, gorgeous property that I definitely recommend to anyone who would like to be treated for some days and does not consider the beach as first priority.

Room Tip: Ask for Anatolian wing, Superior Room could not worth the extra money
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank doledes
Dear doledes,

Thank you for your wonderful TripAdvisor review about your experience at Mardan Palace.
We are delighted to learn that your stay with us was special due to our entertainment, swimming pool, facilities for the kids and excellent bathroom products.
We are sad to know that you was not happy with our hotels location. If you want to go to shopping center you don't need take a car or order a taxi, there is public bus passing each 10 minutes in front of the main gate of our hotel, the price is just 1 euro per person.
Our beach is well known as one of most special beaches in Antalya, as it has a white sand and unique pier in the scorpion shape. That a pity that you didn't like it.
We are apologizing if you was not satisfied with our house keeping. You can be sure that Management was informed about your point of view and everything as done for the improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Turkey!

Best Regards,
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I honestly don't know why some people didn't appreciate it. In my opinion, Mardan Palace is all you can hope for and more! The location isn't so relevant, as you check into such a resort for nothing more than some sunbathing and heavenly relaxation. The services are impeccable, the food is impeccable, not to mention the rooms! I stayed both in the European wing as well as the Anatolian wing... My first thought when I walked through the door was "who died and made me Queen of the world?" :)) not everyone likes opulence or abundance, but I think we all deserve a little bit of both once in a while. I really look forward to paying Mardan Palace another visit, next summer, hopefully in the Dolmabahce wing!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Raluca517
Dear Raluca517,

Thank you for your beautiful review of the Mardan Palace.
It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay and have truly experienced the relaxation of the property!
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our concept that gave you truly travel experience.
We are specifically happy to hear that our food,rooms and staff made your stay more enjoyable.
We hope to welcome you back to the resort in the near future for another extraordinary stay. It was a pleasure having you as our guest!

Kind Regards,