“Opulent & friendly”
Review of Mardan Palace

Mardan Palace
Ranked #45 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Well ok, it is on the verge of super kitsch, but I would rate it as very clean, nice, abundant & super impressive kitsch! The Spa is AMAZING & gigantic. The staff is multicultural (Locals & Russians mostly) & eager to please - The hotel is very new, only 2 years old, & very well kept. I had dinner one of the two nights at the Turkish restaurant & must say it was devine, with local live music & a very attentive staff, even though I was on my own. All in all, the decor is not what I preferred, but we all know that service is what a hotel is remembered for - The staff at the Mardan is very professional & kind. The beach & the private villas are quite something too!
Antalya is not my favourite part of Turkey, but for 3 or 4 relaxing days, I could very well do with another stay at the lavish Mardan! Book it without hesitation - It must be one of the best hotels in the region, without a doubt.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BluMartini
MardanPalaceAntalya, CRM at Mardan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2017

Dear BluMartini,

First of all we want to thank you for choosing Mardan Palace for your holiday, we are delighted to read that you had a lovely time at our hotel and we hope you'll keep having good memories!
We are so happy to know that our hotel is the most inviting and friendly place you have stayed in Turkey!
Thank you for recommending our hotel to other Tripadvisor users, it is highly appreciated!
We would be delighted to welcome you here again as a part of the Mardan Palace family!

With kind regards,
CRM Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed August 8, 2011

To begin with, this is not a subtle 5 star hotel. It is flashy, imposing and a little pretentious. I personally liked the posh design but it may be overwhelming to some. I was anxious at the beginning to book this hotel because I have read a lot of good and bad things about the hotel. However at the end of our short 4 day vacation, I was more happy to have chosen Mardan. There are two wings that have different architectures, one is oriental and the other is more European. The oriental style room we stayed in was very well furnished, spacious and provided every necessary amenities. The staff was very helpful and attentive. They frequently asked if we needed anything. The pool area is beautiful. The spa which also houses the indoor pool has all you may require from various steam rooms, to Turkish bath and sauna. If you get bored, they have a very nice bowling alley. There are many more activities that you can enjoy, so it may a particularly good choice when you are traveling with kids. The food in buffet was wide in assortment but I must say avarage in terms of quality/taste. I would advice staying away from the pool bar and ordering cocktails. We have tried 4 different drinks and none of them was good. One last thing that was pleasantly surprising is that the extras such as drinks, bowling etc. are quite cheap for a hotel in this class. To give you an example $ 9 for a Corona is less than what you will pay in most bars. My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves. If you need pampering and want a resort that you can spend all your time in, this may be the one.

Room Tip: Make up your mind about choosing an oriental or a European style to choose the room
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Can A

Dear caydiner,

First of all, we extremely thank you for the trust you have shown to us by being our guest and for leaving such a lovely comment.
Your feedback is very much appreciated.
Our mission is offering high quality, luxury and comfort for a dream holiday experience for all our valued guests.
We are so happy to hear that we were able to meet your holiday expectations to make your holiday an enjoyable one.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2011

must visit this hotel
in whole asia i think this is the best resort hotel
spa is very very big and beautiful
we were three friends and all were very excited to see this hotel
we all stayed there 2 nights and enjoyed ver much

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank honey00033
MardanPalaceAntalya, crm at Mardan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2017

Dear honey00033,

Many thanks for your charming review. It has been such a pleasure to have you and your friends stay with us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to read that for you Mardan Palace is a unique hotel.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to your new Turkish home!

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Now it is the time to start about Mardan Palace tale ; I guess most of you listened and read The Thousand and One Nights when we were a kid. Mardan Palace is a such a incredible , magnificent , gorgeous hotel that you can not dream

Im sure most of you heard something about this palace , I will try to tell you my first vacation on Mardan Palace . Magnificent entrance doors and huge garden welcomes you , but you can never imagine what is behind this garden and entrance, When you come to the building entrance gentlemans and beautiful ladies welcome you with Turkish traditional sweets . That’s great feeling to see these ladies with traditional ottoman clothes. When you fill your register card you sip cold welcome cocktail , but to be honest it takes time because you can not stop yourself looking around and unbelievable hotel loby.

I don’t know where can start , Rooms are highly comfortable , decorated according to ottoman architectural style . Comfortable bed , great colours, marble bathroom . I love the lightings

Restaurants and food : Perfect , decoration, quality of the glasses, cutlery table clothes , cleanless ,variety of the food, smiling faces and helpful staff …etc it was great

SPA : Adorable ,biggest SPA of the world I guess, because it is 7500 square meters. Indoor swimming pool and jakuzies are great. I love the saunas and showers which has tropic rain style shower ( it is warm water under the warm colours ) other is ice rain shower (cannons cold water under the blue colours ) Steam rooms ,sea salt rooms..etc perfect

Pool : For me most unbelievable part.. 24.000 square meters , It is not a pool , it is lake – sea . Cristal colours glamor the people

Sea and sand : There is private white sand at the beach which is not get hot, and it is easy to walk..Thats really good as well, othervise it is almost impossible to walk on the beach in Antalya cause of excessive hot

Night Life: Hotel has a good music group , live performed that I like the songs and dance . For me it is really better than other crowded resort hotels

Garden: like a paradise

There are lots of things to talk about Mardan.. Don’t worry guys you can go ahed and enjoy. It is very romantic place for couples but also families can go easilly. Great place for kids as well . Do not believe any bad comments , if you hear.. I recommend with all my hearth.. It is expensive hotel but at least once a life it is worth , go and live this fairy tale

Room Tip: when you wake up you can not believe where you are
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank tiye34

Dear tiye34,

On behalf of Mardan Palace we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for the third time and thank you for your detailed feedback and the time you have taken to describe your impressions about your stay.
It pleasure to know that that in your opinion our hotel is one of the most luxuriest hotels around the World.
We are very happy to know you are satisfied and impressed.
It is our goal to provide all our guests a memorable vacation with much beautiful experience.
We wish you all the best and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 28, 2011

A great hotel, full of Italian marble and crystal lighting which cost £1 billion to build. The lobby with its huge chandeliers, glass balustrades and padded fabric walls is amazing.
Our room had a wooden floor, marble bathroom with Hermes toiletries, fluffy bathrobes (relaced every time you wore one), remote controlled lighting and aircon (whisper quiet) and a fruit bowl (with knives & napkins) replaced fresh every day. There is a pillow menu (!) and 24h room service.
We went with Secret Escapes, full board plus which gave you free drinks with meals in the main restaurant. A la carte was available at one of the many other restaurants at about £25 per head extra. Food is buffet style so suffers from never being hot enough but there are whole separate islands for bread, fish (fabulous), meats, fruit and sweets. The sweets especially are cordon bleu standard.
The hotel has a cinema (never found), a 4 lane bowling alley (fabulous decor). The spa has 4 different saunas and a great steam room with a huge 70m indoor pool. Towels and robes abound.
The outside pool is simply enormous with oak bridges and a canal running round the outside with a gondola. There are loads of sunbeds with as many towels as you need supplied by attentive poolboys as well as water, lemonade and fruit occasionally. There is a swim up underground aquarium in the main pool and a separate coral reef where you can snorkel with the fishes. Evening entertainment is in a purpose built auditorium.
The only negative point I can think of is the area where the local hotels are is quite isolated so you cannot simply go for a walk but it was so hot that we wouldn't anyway. A taxi trip to Terra shopping centre cost £40. Most guests are Russian. Free wifi even by the pool.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank BettySwallocks69

Dear BettySwallocks69,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful and detailed review about your visit to our hotel on Tripadvisor.
We are grateful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a nice holiday.
In behalf of the entire Mardan Palace Team we would like to thank you for your very nice comments.
Our biggest goal is to satisfy our guests and that is why feed backs are very important to improve our services and to offer a continuous quality standard.
We look forward to welcome you back at our Resort, as it would be a pleasure for us to have you as our guests once again.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2011

I have been 23 country and stayed many hotels and this was the best l have ever seen, they have perfected many things from my first visit and bufet sellection was superb, night club is extraordinary, it is expensive but if money is no object than l assure you you get the luxury you expect, $17 million Italian restaurant is wonderful with its 4 giant aquarium
menu was reasonable, wine sellection which l was lucky enough to tour by the Hotel Manager Umit Erdogan who is a friend was shocking, they had $11 million dollars of wine there in a perfect setting.
Turkish bath on bottom floor with indoor swimming pool was very very nice,and lobby you will never again see ,with Melochite Piono to Bacarat cristal 4 ton chandeliers ,it is all to perfect,
over all you have to see it to belive it, and seen you must at least one time in your life

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
9  Thank AmerTurk

Dear AmerTurk,

First of all we would like to say a very warm thank for choosing our hotel for the second time!
Also thank you for taking the time to write a review. For us, every review we receive is a gift, and we carefully examine all reviews so that we can offer a better service to our guests.
All our staff works very hard to ensure that our guests have a memorable holiday, so it is a great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again next time and ensuring you another enjoyable stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 14, 2011

I was on a short trip to Antalya, as Lara area was too much crowded by Russians and Germans spending their Ester vacation, my office finally book my last two night stay in Mardan Palace. My first impression was great. As soon as I entered the lobby, it reminds me the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi. But it was not like that. This hotel has three wings. I am still unable to understand why they made the European wing in this classic hotel. Unfortunately I was out of time and the weather didn’t allow me to have a swim either on the beach or at pool but it looked good. The best thing I experienced was the SPA. The SPA was very well decorated and staff was really helpful. The SPA manager was so helpful and welcoming. Check in was a little slow, and I had to wait around 30 mins to receive my luggage in the room. Room was very well decorated. The terrace had beautiful views. From air conditioner to all lights were controlled by remote control. Breakfast was really not good. Less choices and I was surprised to have some fruits which were not fresh. Whole LARA area was over crowded and this place was not having more than 10% occupancy. Over all it was a mixed experience but really less than what I was expecting while entering the main entrance and what really this place deserve. It’s the luxurious but lacks the warmth of life in it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
12  Thank Life1062717
MardanPalaceAntalya, CRM at Mardan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2017

Dear Life1062717,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Mardan Palace.
It is a delight to read that yoou find our hotel luxurious, Spa good and rooms well decorated.
We take our guest feedback seriously and will certainly look into the areas which needs improvement.

We hope to have the pleasure of your company in our Kingdom again very soon!

Warm Regards,