“Don't go”

Ranked #89 of 158 things to do in Antalya
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aqualand offers numerous slides and water fun. Take the tramway to the final stop or take a bus from across the Migros shopping center. The park is right next door to Dolphinland, so if you wish, you can combine the two.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Apart from being overpriced these dolphins are kept in inadequate pools. Dolphins swim miles in the ocean. Having them do tricks to get a frozen fish is kinda soul destroying. Save your money and go enjoy something more worthy. All in all, do not go!!

8  Thank willow1011

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I can't tell you how vile this place is. It makes me worry that the dolphins are suffering in captivity and am therefore writing this review to try and prevent people paying their money for an awful park and to stop the park from exploiting more dolphins.

10  Thank j w
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Having read the reviews of this attraction I wish I'd seen them before we went on holiday. I hadn't heard of this place and when it was recommended by the rep from Mina Travel we thought it would be a great day out for the kids. I have to agree with everything said by other contributors especially Jens 123, this place is grim. It's dated, shabby, dirty, hazardous and the food is rubbish! Even when you buy the rubbish food, as it's part of the package were you have your wristband etc, you have to queue extensively for it as those taking this package only get served with 'free' food and drinks in 1 location....hence big queues!! There was no mention of this downside when we booked this.

I'm surprised that no-one was seriously injured on the day we were there. It was very crowded and there were loads of young kids running about unsupervised and allowed to go onto slides which they were clearly not old enough for. The slides were also poorly maintained. My husband going down them could feel the joins in the slide sections coming away and pulling on his shorts. The steps coming out of the waterfall pool were coming out of their concrete bedding....it was awful. We paid over 100 euros and we were left there all day (10-4pm). We couldn't wait to get collected and get back to our hotel :0(

We have contacted our rep and his company about this and advocated that they remove this attraction from their portfolio as their customers will surely resent buying tickets for this park and complain - like us.

The only decent part of the day was watching the dolphin show. Even then it was in an overheated room so that you had to buy food or drinks etc to stop passing out. They say that the park is 'money-free' and cards have to be charged, but you pay cash inside the dolphin theatre for food. The commercialism is rife. No sooner have the kids sat down that their photo is taken and you are shown personalised plates, pictures, magnets etc which again pushes the cost up as the kids want you to buy them!!!

I try to be very balanced and accurate in writing these reviews but I can't say anything good about this park and am gutted we wasted a whole day from our lovely hotel to go here :0(

15  Thank connorb77
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been to many waterparks over the years and this is not one of the best , it's a bit run down bit dirty and doesn't have the widest variety of rides around.
But that said for the money it was ok once you consider the cost (booked through local agent outside baia Lara hotel ) and the free lunch that came with it, didn't need to hire rings as said in other reviews were always plenty around, the rides that were there about eight of them were good the half pipe was excellent the black hole good the kamakazi fast the slides ok and the ring rides good fun it's an ok waterpark but if you get the chance go to Troy waterpark instead it's a lot better .

5  Thank Barrlaur
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I thought that there were not enough variety of slides in this park - ;ike 8 different adult slides not counting the ones in the childrens pool, The place if tiny - you have to hire the boats you use for some of the slides and the drinks were 21lira for 2 cans of cola. They take your drinks out of your bags on entering the park. Not too bad a day out, but dont get your hopes up of anything extraordinary.

4  Thank joannah170