“Charming and quiet place in the old Town”
Review of Villa Tulipan

Villa Tulipan
Ranked #2 of 207 Antalya B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“Charming and quiet place in the old Town”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

As a single traveller I got upgraded in a lovely suite of two rooms with a balcony. The place is not modern (except for the baths!) but extremely charming and clean. Big rooms, comfortable beds, the bedroom overlooking the lush garden, a sunny balcony on which to relax and in the next room a sofa and a table big enough so that one could have worked on it or had a bite. There is also a fridge and a sink in the second room. All of the rooms are nicely decorated with art and artisanat from the region. Breakfast with fresh produce is served in the garden by the friendly Mehmed. The dutch owner helps with tips on how to have a wonderful journey.
I had a great time and will certainly go back there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 nights and found it most enjoyable. It is centrally located in the old center, Kaleici. The owners are very nice and have a wonderful breakfast awaiting you on their patio shaded by grapevines and with orange, lemon, mulberry and frangipani trees scenting the air from their veggie garden. We had a corner room which was very nice, bright, on the 3rd floor. The bath was recently refurbished and was very adequate. What sets this hotel apart besides the very nice people that own it, is the wonderful rooftop terrace on the 4th floor. Magnificent views of Antalya and the cliffs and the harbor with relaxing sofas and easy chairs shaded by a grapevine pergola. I would not hesitate to stay at Villa Tulipan if the opportunity arises again. There is not an elevator, stairs are steep, but other than that, this 60 year old house converted to a B&B is great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The rooms are tastefully done , everyone who works here is so welcoming. The bathrooms have been newly renovated so the previous shortcomings that other reviews have mentioned are now a thing of the past. Very clean. Charming in every way!

Room Tip: Stayed in water apartment , had a balcony and view that were incredible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just came back from warm and pleasant Turkey to cold Moscow. Villa Tulipan was lovely, absolutely, can't recommend it enough for those who choose to stay away from all-inclusive. Emmy answered all our questions and was a great help.

Due to the fact of some minor remodelling of the roof terrace, we were offered to switch rooms free of charge and were staying for most of the time in Holland appartment, which is spacious and very comfortable. the bathroom does not have a bath, but a shower, which was all right with me. i'm not used to heating up the room with AC, but we got used to it. The room had it's own balcony with a sea view and apricot was blossoming nearby.

We liked it all, it's very centric, so you close to the sea, Old Town, Yvly Minaret, Clock Tower and such. A lot of hummums and cafes are available nearby.

We would certainly come back as we felt enamoured with this cosy pensiona and it's management.

Anastasia and Jana, Moscow

Room Tip: we stayed in Holland appartment, which had a balcony and a nice view. loved it!
Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Babydragon7
Härnösand, Västernorrlands Län, Sweden
Reviewed March 8, 2013

In early March 2013 I spent some days in Antalya and I'm convinced that I could not have found a better place to stay than Villa Tulipan. The purpose of my visit was to take part in Antalya marathon and after that just to relax.

Villa Tulipan is located in the Old Town, close to the hustle and bustle of the relatively big city of Antalya, yet the Old Town is secluded from noise and so Villa Tulipan is able to offer a genuine and charming environment of no stress and serenity. The location is advantageous, central and easy to find. However, for beach life I would probably choose a hotel complex as close to Lara beach as possible (about 13 kilometres away from Antalya city centre).

I liked just about everything about Villa Tulipan and this was evidently the best choice I could possibly have made. I was travelling alone but had a suite with 2 beds to myself. The price was astonishingly low and the service was impeccable. This was my first visit to Turkey and a very good experience! The staff were very friendly and helpful. For example, I got first hand advice on shopping and directions. Also, the staff helped and even accompanied me to a good dentist. A big thank you!

I had made my booking online and thought the payment would be dealt with at arrival, however, this was not done until the night before my departure. It surprised me that this was so, it would have been better to have paid in advance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 25, 2013

In the last ten years I stayed at Villa Tulipan twice or three times a year. Since the first time I was there a lot has changed and improved and this month it turned out that the last tiny bathrooms were replaced by walk in showers. Also the last old beds were replaced and all the rooms on the second floor now have new flooring and were whitewashed.
Service is excellent, as is Mehmet's cooking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
göteborg
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Villa Tulipan is the right place to stay if you don't mind simplicity but appreciate charm and personality! We stayed there for a week in july 2011.The location is really good in the old town.
The staff is awsome! Every morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast on the roofterrace served by Mehmet and Bahar. Emy also came up on the roof many times and we could ask her anything!
We are planning to go there this summer and I can asure you that the very minute we know what date we are able to go, I will book a room for at Villa Tulipan!

Room Tip: The Archeologi room has a VERY small toilet/shower.It was no problem for us, cause we took it as cha...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple