“Disappointed it didn't live up to the #1 rating”
Review of Vanilla

Vanilla
Ranked #1 of 1,045 Restaurants in Antalya
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Vanilla was established in 2007 and has since been the centre of fine dining in Antalya. Situated five minutes walking distance from Hadrian's Gate. Vanilla offers modern international cuisine served in a warm and relaxed environment. Executive Chef/Owner Wayne designs his Menus to reflect the seasons, using the finest local produce. Our philosophy is to provide a satisfying dining experience for the full spectrum of tastes using modern, innovative and classic cooking techniques.
Austin, Texas
“Disappointed it didn't live up to the #1 rating”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was excited that this #1 rated place was just a short walk from our hotel, the Villa Verde. The Hostess/waitress was friendly. We got to Vanilla at 9pm and there were only two other small groups in the place. We started with a bottle of the house white wine. Although red is usually more my likely, my friend has had good luck with Turkish white wines in Istanbul so we gave it a try. It was served well, but the wine was just average at best. My friend ordered the Tomato and Mozzarella salad and I had the Sauteed Chicken Livers with Smoked Pancetta, Crispy Sage, and Crostini. We both got the Risotto of Aubergine & Roasted Fennel Seeds with Sundried Tomatoes, Picked Herbs. The Tomato and Mozzarella Salad was pretty but flavor was basic. The Chicken Liver was very good. The problem was our main entree. The Risotto was not cooked properly. It the the texture of undercooked rice. Destroyed any chance the decent flavor may have give us. The waitress never asked us if we liked our meals or if it tasted good. What I would expect from a #1 rated place.

The evening was decent and at least one appetizer was good but overall, it didn't live up to the #1 rating for the area.

Visited April 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baku, Azerbaijan
“Best restaurant in Antalya”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Food was great - we went back four times. Nice ambiance and great attention to detail. Menu reflexible and chef and staff attentive. Really good value for money. We liked the free pumpkin and coconut soup too:) Thanks Wayne - it was a lovely end to our holiday.

• Visited October 2012
Ankara, Turkey
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food is quite good. I went there in the afternoon for a late lunch, so no reservation was needed. I ordered the soup and risotto. Both were incredibly delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank RachelApps
Hong Kong, China
“Beyond 5 stars and the best of Antalya”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Vanilla Restaurant is run by English Chef Wayne and his wife and is the best restaurant in Antalya's Old Town. It easily outperforms SeraSee on all levels ( although SeraSee is still worth a visit and good for food).

What makes this place special? The food is simply the best. We started with the Pumpkin and Coconut soup and I had the gradvalax. The soup was a revelation slightly spicy but warm and aromatic. I then had the duck breast with potato gratin that was perfectly cooked, tasted excellent and oozed flaour. My fried had the aubergine risotto that she said was the best risotto ever and she should know as she normally eats nothing else!. The wine choice was good but we opted to have house wine that was very good. The value was 150 TL and represents excellent value for money. The atmosphere was welcoming, the service excellent but it was the combination of food, service and value that makes this the best place.

They have a lounge bar area next door that just makes you want to move in for the one term. You will need to book though it is so popular and deservedly so.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ESVincent
“Italian food at its best!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in Antalya for 2 days and for both days we dined at Vanilla lounge! The chef is just brilliant with his flavors, techniques and ultimately food! He knows what he is doing!

Food- we had aubergine and fennel risotto and ricotta gnocchi with tomato basil sauce and a vegetarian pizza - out of the world awesome! The portion sizes were perfect, the presentation was more than perfect and the taste was mind glowingly awesome! For dessert we had a brownie with ice cream... Again very very good!

Cleanliness and restaurant attributes in general - very pleasing and super clean.. The ambience is perfect for a date night :)

Service - top notch! The server is very considerate and understands English well too :) the owners of the restaurant are I believe from UK ( Scotland I think.. Could be wrong here) and are extremely hospitable! The chef cooks right then there after u place ur order.. It's fresh food!

Bon Appetite to all of u! You will not be disappointed!

1 Thank SneheeChaplot