“Amazing”

Delphin Diva Premiere
Ranked #9 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have just got back from 2 weeks in this hotel and where can I start??? On arrival we where greeted straight away with drinks whilst we checked in. There was 8 of us including a 23 month old and a ten year old. Our bags where taken to our rooms. We had a late flight there was plenty of food and drinks on offer 24/7. The bedrooms where lovely and clean. had all the essentials. toiletries, slippers, dressing gowns, hairdryer, mini bar tv. They supply clean towels every day. out maid was great. a little hint if u give the maid a little tip at the start they cant do enough! the beds where really comfortable. rooms where a little on the small side. but did not spoil anything. The staff are really friendly and helpful. All the facilities were really good. This hotel is excellent value for money. The children loved the holiday. The staff took a shine to my nephew who was the youngest they made a real fuss off him. Fatima in the lobby of a day was lovely nothing was too much. The pools where great and the fair. The children's club staff where fantastic. There was an animation team that always had something going on all day round the pool. You can get clean towels every day for the pool. They had staff found around on roller boots round the pool serving you drinks. A man goes around of a morning cleaning your sunglasses!! They also have a cart where they have bucked if ice with apples , carrots and cucumber which they cut and peel for you. They all worked so hard and long hours. The al la carte restraunts where lovely. Loved the pier bar day and night. You can see all the fireworks of a night sitting at the pier bar. The beach party is really good they
pull out all the stops. They had a big bonfire, all bars set up and food. A dj and then the foam came!! I would recommend a trip to the spa for a traditional Turkish
bath and massage fantastic! we also met some lovely people there. I could go on forever there is so much good things about this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Hayls31

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We arrived late Saturday night to a room that was far too small for a family of 4. (35,35, 15&10) the photos on TRAVEL REPUBLIC website show a large room with 2 double beds with a side sea view. We got a room with 1 double, 1 single & a sofa(not made up!) all beds with less than a metre between. The only way you'd get a sea view is if you set up a complicated system of mirrors!!
I complained about the size & was told tough, it's travel agents bad advertising!
The next day our room key failed to work..we went to reception to be told we owed an extra £48 per day for our youngest daughter. She is infact 10 years old and 2 weeks..and not 9 years old like I had put on the booking. I accepted I'd made an admin error and was prepared to pay a fee for that, but considering I'd checked the same holiday price whilst in resort, and it made no difference to the price whether she was 9 or 10! I was angry and reported this to both TRAVEL REPUBLIC and the hotel. The hotel kept locking us out of our room & demanding we went to reception to discuss, thus ruining everyday of our £4500 holiday! Today, we have 2 more nights left in hotel and they said we had to pay the money or we had 1hour to pack our things and leave. My 10year old was asleep in bed...she eats a bread roll a day and a bit of rice and cucumber. £430 is what we had to pay to stay for the next 2 nights! A holiday is meant to be stress free! i have hardly eaten and we have had the worst holiday of our lives.....we will NEVER book with travel republic again as for the hotel, they need to get their advertising right! It claims that children should be between the age of 2-14! The hotel facilities are ok however the pool is very noisy ! it is very clean but very dated! Food is as you'd expect. This holiday was not worth the £5k we have ended up paying! Bad experience, total let down.

• Stayed: July 2013
19  Thank Natxlou
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel. We spent a fortnight at the Delphin Diva and had the most wonderful time. The staff are so attentive without being intrusive, which is a delicate balance, achieved to perfection by the staff. Although there are lots of guests, the staff magically manage to remember your preferred drinks and on many occasions at the pier bar, and indeed at other bars within the hotel, we hadn't even managed to get sat down before the staff were serving our "usual" choices! One member of staff at the french A La Carte, (Habib was his name) realised it was us that had booked a table that night, and had specially decorated it with flower petals in the shape of a heart, had a single red rose ready for me on my plate, special occasion seat covers, tied beautifully with ribbon, and a bottle of Champagne on ice at our table! We went to the buffet restaurant several times, and enjoyed the different themes on various nights, along with trying the French, Mexican, Italian and Chinese A La Carte restaurants. There was never any shortage of food or drinks at any time of the day or night. The reception staff couldn't do enough to help, service was always fast and with a smile. I certainly intend on returning and although the operator we travelled with is not using the Delphin Diva next year, I am already planning another trip....we had already been speaking about a week somewhere before the winter hits, and before we had even left the Delphin Diva we had decided on returning there! The pools were lovely and not too cold, I spent a lot of my time by the over 15 pool although plenty other people chose to ignore the sign explaining that only people over 15 were allowed to use the pool (the sign was in several languages) I also went on a boat trip to the waterfalls and caves along the coast, which left from the private beach of the hotel and was very reasonably priced, during that trip we also took the opportunity to paraglide. We used the same watersports provider located on the beach to hire jet skis. Guest relations staff are always around the hotel and are constantly available to offer assistance and check you are enjoying your holiday. The entertainment provided was excellent, and varied throughout our 2 week stay. I especially enjoyed the "beach party" with the bonfire and "foam party" with the backdrop of fireworks! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and can honestly say its the best hotel I have ever stayed in... I purposely set up this trip advisor account to rave about how good this hotel is, as I would consider myself to be very well travelled and yet this is easily the top hotel! On the one occasion things did go wrong, and we had a power cut, the staff were on top of it immediately and candles appeared as if by magic, until they had it under control, the staff positioned themselves around the hotel helping people as required (one member of staff giving me a candle so I didnt have to go to the toilet in the dark ha ha) All in all, it was first class and I cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a land view room and never had any problems sleeping! Ours was a family room even thoug...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank SandCP
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I went back to this great hotel again this year but was rather upset with the entertainment as it was not changed much from last year, so decided next year not to go again and leave it for a couple of years, but if you have never been to this hotel I do recommend it big time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Trevor B
Reviewed July 29, 2013

After a five year 'fast' from holidays, it was doubtless going to be a joyous 2 weeks abroad. The Hotel didn't disappoint, even though we arrived 11pm we had immediate service, with our bags reaching our room before we managed to call the lift and walk there. Aircon, coupled with impressive reception area and lounge and very helpful and happy reception staff made us feel very welcome. Great to have a superb hot display of buffet food available through until 6am. Beds are commented upon but, having a 70 degree angle in my spine at the top and at the bottom, I managed to sleep on the first night which is unusual in a different bed. They had given myself and a daughter an upgrade to a family room, but after sharing the double bed with my daughter, she decided we had to swap rooms, so Reception handled this for us and within 2 hours we were in a new room. Cannot compliment reception staff enough. We had a dilemma where my daughter had left a jacket, with bank card in the pocket on the plane and they tracked it down via the airport within minutes of me standing at reception and wrote down the Turkish for "lost property office" so that upon our return I could show the written request to go through to arrivals and the office to retrieve our property. Poolside was excellent in all respects but admit I did fall over once as it is slippy around the exit areas when wet. I can understand the Hotel's dilemma in that the tiles look good but the mats which absorb the water and give good secure tread on exit from the pools, mean that there is water transfer at some point to the tiles. I think a complete resurface is required. The separate pool area for over 15s is a good idea and worked on 4 out of the 6 days I spent an afternoon there but some parents had 6 and 11 year olds there and they were noisy, jumping in etc. Credit to the female management member who requested of the mum her room number so that if she received complaints she said she would know where to send the guests who felt they had a gripe. This was out aloud for 80 people to hear. Food was very good, with ample choice 24 hours a day. Even plenty to choose from after midnight in free room service, which we indulged in twice. Staff are well turned out and cheerful.

Room Tip: Sea view undoubtedly makes a difference, but how much time do you spend in your room looking out? T...
3  Thank Linda T
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our family, two adults two kids, picked this hotel as a result of its outstanding tripadvisor rating.

From the moment we arrived at the hotel it very quickly become apparent that this hotel would not be able to live up to our expectations. As every regular to the Diva that we come across could not stop pointing out - Delphin Hotels opened up a new property right next door and apparently with it the best staff and a lot that made the hotel special left the property. Please don't get me wrong - this is not a dreadful property at all - but having stayed at quite a few hotels in Antalya, Lara and Belek in recent years - the hotels current tripadvisor ranking is grossly overrated - at best this is an average four star property with pretty awful service.

My first tip to anyone staying at the property is to make suer you have one of the newer rooms and not to get fobbed of by some of the "sea view rooms" that are not really seaview rooms at all, unless you happen to be a giraffe. Do go back down to reception - stand your ground - a lot of guests could be seen doing this with success. Be warned - the beds and bedding are very uncomfortable and mattress are very very firm!

Food and beverage quality at the hotels is ok, everyone should find foods the like and some of the themed evenings in the main restaurant are quite good. Unfortunately the service in all restaurants and bars is very poor and we had to clean and set-up our own table for breakfast, lunch and dinner almost every day. What really improved the service were a couple of generous tips to some of the head waiters - this meant they looked out for you and would send someone to assist. The themed "a la carte" restaurants are not really "a la carte" - you merely get to chose from two set menus. During high season you really have to reserve your restaurants of choice the day before by 9.30 the latest in the guest relation office. once again - a €20 Euro tip will solve any availability issues you may have.

Sports facilities - this is definitely not a hotel for anyone like me who enjoys his sports. The animation team are very motivated when it comes to screaming into their microphones around the main pool all day long - but not at all into their beach volleyball, football etc....

The numbers of sunbeds at the pools are not sufficient during high season - be prepared to be out with the Brits at 8am at the latest if you want to sit by the pool. Sunbeds at the beach are free - the roughly 30 - 50 four poster "loungebeds" cost €20 per day.

Guest structure is a healthy mix of Germans,Russians, Brits and Dutch (in that order when we were staying there).

If you like the likes of the Gloria, Callista, Max etc hotels then this property is definitely going to dissapoint all round as this hotel to us felt no more than a very decent three star Spanish property with worse service.

Our biggest issue at this property however was cleanliness. Whilst we happily put up with older rooms - being greeted by four and six legged wildlife in you rooms was not acceptable. (on that note lease be aware that your room will get fumigated once a week against mosquitos - which is needed). Around the pool and in the restaurants hygiene is very poor, all our kids had ear infections and bad tummy upsets.

On the upside the evening entertainment is very varied, some good shows, music, acrobatics etc and little fun fair for the kids. The beach is great, water quality is good and some nice waves in the evening.

Please do not be fooled by all the good reviews on this hotel - I am sure there will be quite a downward trend in the next couple of months. Having said this, you can win a week's holiday at this property if you write an "objective" review on the property and send it in and throughout your stay you will be encouraged to write good reviews.

8  Thank alexandert
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have just returned from a great week at this hotel. No complaints at all. The hotel has a real relaxed atmosphere about it and the staff work soo hard to look after you. We had two lovely clean rooms overlooking the Delphin Imperial pool area. The pool area is great there is one end where they do all the pool games etc and a more relaxed end nearest to the hotel. Rollerblading waiters bring you drinks all day long. We were there for the Gala Night with synchronised swimmers in the pool and fireworks and also the Beach Foam Party, Shows every night or live music around the pool bar. The Bar on the Pier is lovely in the evenings with saxaphone player or singer. The food is lovely lots of choice and themed evenings. The a la cartes have to be booked the day before and I recommend the Mexican and the Chinese. All in all a fab week, very relaxing and standard of service was excellent. Would recommend to everyone. Any questions please ask. x

Room Tip: If paying for side sea view, request one overlooking the Delphin Imperial. The other side is overlo...
5  Thank ggrantManchester