“Fantastic holiday!”

Ranked #13 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed at delphin diva may 14-21st 2013. We travelled as a family with 4 adults and 2 children. I was a little unsure of what to expect as had previously stayed at Concorde and when booking this holiday the travel agent said the delphin was not quite as nice.
However I very much disagree and will most certainly be returning to the delphin diva!
Our travel agent made an error with our booking and the hotel staff were great in trying to help. They offered us several rooms and were happy for us move and take our pick of the rooms.
There were two adults and one child in each of our rooms, and although the rooms are not that spacious we coped fine. Initially on our first evening we were given a room to sleep two adults and two children, but this is a bit of a tight squeeze! The rooms are immaculate, balcony a little on the small side but this was not an issue. My only complaint is the bed was a little on the hard side for me but comfortable enough and managed to sleep well everynight.
The hotel itself is beautiful. And I disagree with other reviews that state it needs updating. It is clean and very well maintained.
Unfortunately English visitors are a minority with the largest number of guests being German, however this was not a problem and had no impact on our holiday experience.
The service was excellent. Everyone very friendly! And they are great with kids. We very rarely had to go to the bar ourselves, waiting staff were always on hand. They even roller skate around pool area! There is even a guy who goes round pool area cleaning your sunglasses!
The beach are was lovely. Sun loungers plentiful.
The food was amazing! Many things cooked freshly for you. You could eat 24/7 if you wanted to! Room service was free, although we never made use of this service. There were so many places to eat and drink you were spoilt for choice!
We didn't see much of the entertainment but there were activities on offer every day. Gala night was amazing! Hotel staff dressed up in tuxedos and entertainment was fab and the evening was finished off by fireworks!
But for us one of the most special things that made our holiday for our children was the mini club. The staff are amazing and great with the kids! They work all day long and are still smiling and laughing with little ones at the end of the day. We didn't use all the mini club activities but the ones we used were excellent! My 4 year old loved the mini disco! She was sad to be coming home!
Overall a fantastic holiday had by all and we will most certainly be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Bev R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
coventry,england
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Hi All,
Got back 22/05/2013,we had a fantastic time and could not fault the Delphin Diva at all.We are seasoned travellers,normally we go to the Carribean but this year took a break from there and decided to go to Turkey.
We travelled with some good friends making a group of 4 adults,all ready for some sun,sand,sea and plenty of booze and food,and I can say we were not disappointed.
I will start with the room:
we had a standard room and kept immaculately clean by the maid.There was tea/coffee facility in the room,also a hairdryer,free safe,small balcony,tv,phone,air con,and plenty of seating space.The electricity supply was good as my wife used her straighteners and iron with no problems,point to note if you use an iron put it away in the morning or it will be confiscated until you leave.It was a 2 pin socket so you will need an adapter to use the normal standard british plug.
The hotel:
Kept immaculately clean,there is always someone cleaning all the time.On arriving you are welcomed by a very spacious area with drinks and nibbles on offer,a lovely lady dressed in red will greet you,as well as some smartly dressed porters.Check in was very quick and before you knew it you was on your way to your room,cases brought within 10 mins by the porters.I wont go into individual areas as there is too many too talk about,but I can say they are all kept clean and tidy,Overall the hotel is spotless and clean.
The staff:
Never met such a happy bunch of people in all of our travels abroad,all smiling and happy to help,there is a language barrier but I found it easy to communicate just by using broken English and hand jestures,however if they don't understand you they will get someone to help.Point to note,if you look at their badge it shows a flag of what language they can speak ie union jack if they can speak English.
The pool area:
Plenty of sun beds around,however best areas do go quickly so go down early,the hotel does state that no towels to be put on to bag beds before 08:30,but I don't know if they enforce it.There is also a quiet pool area where kids under the age of 15 are not allowed,great if you want too just chill out.Around the main pool area there is a lot going on and can be very noisy,there is a bar there,but no need to go to it just relax as staff come around on roller skates to take your orders.Can get quite wet around the area so take care not to slip and if a family tell kids not too run,there is always a member of staff always cleaning and he will also clean your glasses.A great area to relax and get some sun,be aware of the heat as it is getting hotter every day now,so cream up.
The beach:
Brilliantly kept clean area with its own pier area where there is a bar for drinks.Sand gets very hot and is hard to walk on without footwear,again activities going on daily but there are areas that are quiet if you want too.Plenty of sun beds here so no need to bag them unless you want to be on the pier.
Ok,i don't want too write an essay,so I will ask people too pm me if they have any questions they need asking,however just a few points too note.There are cats roaming around and they are there for a reason,with the amount of food around you would excpect to see rats and mice but because of the cats you don't.So give the cats a chance,i would rather see them than vermin every where.Also the managerial staff are constantly around asking questions or if there are any issues,please talk too them they are there too help and they are good listeners.
Ok,thats it please ask me questions I am here too help,overall we had a fantastic holiday,met some great people and would go back at a heart beat,please don't be petty on your reviews as we found this place great,bad reviews are only written by people that have personell problems with the hotel and don't give an overall picture.
ken

Room Tip: email about a week before you go with your requirements
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank magsCoventry_england
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

It's taken me ages to even put pen to ipad to write this as I feel so torn as to what to write...myself and partner,my son 15, daughter ,20 and her boyfriend stayed here at the delphin diva last August .

We had looked forward all year to this all inclusive break and somewhere we have never tried before. I had been looking on tripadvisor and catching up with comments so was hopeful of a good relaxing holiday as reviews were good so I thought all would be well.

We arrived in August to a hot steamy resort. My fault but Turkey in August is hot...an I mean HOT.....it took me a few days to get used to and overall the heat as too much really so I've learned my lesson that Turkey in August is a no no....my children were fine and just got on with it...but I felt I would of done more if the heat was manageable which it wasn't....

My children had a sea view so was fine but 3 young adults in the same room was crowded and the maid told me "untidy" .....her view not ours...we were working with what we were given.

Our room was next to a fire escape that was mega noisy due to work going on so we moved to a room overlooking the pool....

The maid that cleaned our room was ever so smiley until we tipped her then she ignored me from then on.....

Rooms were small and the balcony even smaller.

What really upset me the most was the sleazy waiters and staff that preyed on the young girls.. We met very nice families that relayed to us stories of waiters asking young girls to come back to the resturants when they had finished their shift. These girls were as young as 14.
I remember laying by the pool when a member if staff was ogling a young girl and asking how old she was....this young girl was also asked to meet waiters when they had finished. She was 15.
Her parents were appalled...as I would be if my daughter was "hit on" ...

Another thing that really upset and appalled us were all the beautiful cats and their kittens...starving and relying on us tourists to feed them. I had to sneak food out for them as we had so much but they were struggling to feed their young....it was awful I just wanted to take them home....we saw a lot of pregnant females and young females with lots of little kittens desperate for food......would we go back....no.....

Another thing is the very dangerous pool area I slipped on my first day and it hurt so bad I cried....other reviews have also mentioned this but what has been done about it.....nothing....I could of broken my leg.....children have had nasty injuries.....

I just feel I was another number and another faceless face.....I would not recommend this hotel....my family and I would not want to return....oh and outside of the hotel was unattractive and you were bothered all the time....especially if you we're a young girl.........

Room Tip: All seem small....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank genielamp123
Darvel, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This Delphin hotel is excellent all round. Choice of food is good , service is very good and although the decor is dated everything is very clean. There is a lot of competition on Lara Beach and the Delphin is up there with the best. Last year we stayed at the Royal Wings and I reviewed that hotel as excellent this one is also excellent and a wee bit cheaper. Book it now and relax and enjoy.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank anderson837
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed at the Diva last year, this is the only time we have gone back to the same hotel as it was that good last year, went second week of May and paid just under £1200 for 2 adults (With Thomas Cook), before traveling we requested a lower floor room with sea/pool view, on arriving at the hotel at about midnight we got allocated a disabled room about two doors away from reception with a waste ground view ???, went back to reception to be told that the hotel was fully booked and come back in the morning, this we did and got a normal room on the second floor with a road view, decided to keep this room as we don't really stay in the room, maid service was excellent, also mini bar topped up every day with water, beer,,juice, Fanta, Coke, nuts and a chocolate bar.

Bars, used the lobby bar, pool bar, amphitheater bar, beach bar, disco bar (Very empty) and pier bar, all staff are fantastic and you will not wait more than a couple of minutes to get served at your table, we used the pier bar quiet a lot and would like to give a special mention to the waiter.. Muhammet and barman Inan (From pier bar) who were really excellent members of staff and never stopped for a second, last year you could get Efes light from the pier / pool and lobby bars but this year it is now only at the lobby bar and if you are lucky maybe be at the pool bar, also last year they served Absolut vodka and this year if you were lucky before they ran out it was also served at the pool / disco and lobby bars.

Food is served 24 hours a day, went to the Mexican and Italian a la carte and they were very good, buffet restaurant was excellent quality with loads of choice, again sat down and within in minutes they were taking your drink orders, in the day we tended to use the outside restaurant near the amphitheater, limited choice but nice to sit outside, and again fast waiter service.

Since last year they have built a new relax pool for over 15 years of age, no bar here but rollerskating waiters keep coming to see if you want a drink, must say we tended to use this as it was nice and quiet, sunbeds around the pools and beach and also on the pier, you could get a sunbed anytime time of the day and were never full, fantastic not to need to get up early, also last year on the beach the Bali huts were free this year they are 20 Euros a day.

Big let down was the entertainment, shows that were of poor quality,there was a saxophonist on the pier, plays about 2 boring tunes then as a 10 minute break to play 2 more, singer / band around the pool bar were also not very good, there is a small animation team, last year played Bocca twice a day this year only once a day in the morning, did rifle shooting and there was no targets only water bottle tops to aim at ???, also darts game played near the pool bar, animation team are not interested at all when you partake in the games, animation team are a massive let down to this hotel.

Would we recommend this hotel ..YES

Would we go back again, only if they sort out the animation team and entertainment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank coldbeerplease
uk
Reviewed May 20, 2013

we stayed in the diva, in October half term.,2 adults 3 kids . 9/14/16. for 8 nights .if the weather was nice there is enough room for everyone . with outside dining lunch & dinner . but when wet theses restaurants shut ,and the main dinning room is mayhem . thats the only down side . on the plus side, you get room service, great food, and lots of fun . .say hello to bekir akkus, the best cocktail maker ,always happy.. you cant help the weather 4 days sunny, 4 rainy
go and enjoy yourselves

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank barny69
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel is a must you won,t be disappointed you are well looked after from arrival to departure, the rooms are clean, beds comfortable you can get a matress topper if bed is too hard, the staff are attentive to your needs the waitress at the pool was fantastic she roller skates around all day taking orders for drinks from water to alcohol and brings it to your sun bed can,t get any better than that, your sun glasses cleaned at the pool side for you too. Exceptionally clean around the pool area. The food is amazing catering for the fussiest of eaters, there is food all around the pool area too you certainly won,t go hungry in fact you will over indulge there is so much to choose from. The walk way down to the beach is amazing and the jetty is like sitting in paradise. The diva has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and a nice family feel to it, we will definitely be back next year and 100% recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, and families should request a family room these are spacious on two levels and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple