“Fantastic Holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delphin Diva Premiere

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Delphin Diva Premiere
Ranked #12 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have just returned from the Delphin Diva after a 10 day brek with our 2 year old.
All staff were excellent very friendly and helpful. Hotel very classy,we were on the 2nd floor overlooking the Delphin Imerial view which was lovely. Maid service was marvellous our room and hotel spotless. Food was very good and the Ala carte restaurants great! Bars were excellent cocktails all inclusive as we're imported drinks. Easy to get a sunbed by the childrens pool and we went to beach with lots of little beach huts to use which I cannot believe how many, really good bar on the jetty. Problem with Mosquitos which was an inconvenience to those of us who were bitten. Many other guests had same problem, but not the hotels fault. They disinfected our room twice during our stay, put plug ins in and sprays they were very helpful. On site fun fair really good for those with Children especially the candy floss cart.The hotel Spa was excellent and can recommend the Turkish bath One trip from the hotel was a trip to the Waterfalls and river trip to Managvat - great day out. We would definately go back to the hotel and recommend to others. All in all we had great holiday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kirsty3673

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed at Delphin Diva from 24th July 2012 for 2 weeks! Really beautiful hotel! Upon arrival we were greeted with welcoming staff and a refreshing drink. Our group consisted of my family (2 adults, 2 kids) and my auntie and uncle! Our rooms were clean and pleasant and the mini bar was great! My auntie and uncle even had bathrobes in their room....we didnt get those!

My kids aged 10 and 8 really loved the kids club and spent most of their time there! The animation staff were good fun and tried to involve everyone in the fun and games. My husband loved the beach volleyball, I loved to spectate! The food was lovely, but sometimes it was just tiring to have to que up (especially in the outdoor area as it was sooo hot!) The staff were really helpful and we had no problem booking in at the al la carte restaurants, as a bigger group we could not 'reserve' in the lobby on the computers! We really loved this hotel, but all agreed we could not enjoy it to its full extent due to the heat. Sitting outside, even in the evening was just way to hot!

We met some really lovely people from all over the world, and also some really rude people who dont know how to que and push in etc...but that should not reflect the hotel as it happens everywhere!! I would definately return if the price was right and would make sure I went in cooler month! To sum it up....if you have booked this hotel you will really enjoy your holiday! Have fun!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Donna J
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Delphin Diva for 2 weeks from 9th September. We chose this hotel due to the great reviews it received on tripadvisor, however having booked it in January we were quite concerned about recent reviews of the hotel going downhill. We have been to several hotels in the Antayla area and I can honestly say this is not 5 star.

Check in was efficient and we were happy with our room, which was clean and had a nice sea view. We arrived at 2300hrs and ate at the Sapphire late night restaurant and were not impressed with the quality or variety of food!!

The hotel pool area is not well laid out and I have never been to a hotel where the sunloungers are so close together. A lot of the main pool area is in the shade and yes there are those who get up at ridiculous hours to reserve, I suppose there are people who must have the same lounger throughout your stay!!! Having said that there were plenty of loungers and we did not have a problem getting loungers at any time during our stay and we were seldom at the pool before 10am. The beach area is lovely and there are plenty of loungers and Bali houses, which were great for our daughter to escape the hot afternoon sun.

I agree with the problem with slippy tiles, our 3 year old had a nasty fall and ended up with a huge lump on her head, we saw several small children and adults fall. We highlighted this to guest relations who just stated they knew there was a problem and will maybe fix the tiles next year, we suggested non slip mats may be a good thing, especially round the kids pool.

Our daughter did attend the kids club and there was only one member of staff who spoke english, Esin, she made our daughter feel special and always tried to include her in everything even though it is all geared towards German children. Our daughter enjoyed the mini disco and the fun fair every night.

The staff do work very hard, as do at any of the hotels we have been to, but the staff at this hotel are truly miserable and sometimes downright rude. There was only one member of staff who stood out for us, Enes, he works in the main restaurant during the day and the Mexican at night. This guy is a real asset to the hotel and will probably end up getting moved to the Imperial!! He always made a fuss of our daughter without being too intrusive (as some staff were) and looked after us for drinks during our meal.

The main buffet restaurant area is well laid out with separate seating areas away from the food. Getting a drink with your meal could sometimes be a challenge and if you were lucky one drink was all you would get!! I got told off one day for helping myself to water for our 3 year old daughter!!! The food is o.k. at best, towards the end of the holiday we did struggle at times to find something to eat, and we are not fussy eaters!! The food selection for children is not the best and is the same every day for lunch and dinner. Our daughter is definately not fussy but ended up having the same food every day for lunch and dinner!!

We ate in the Italian, Turkish, Teppanyaki and Mexican a la carte and never had any real problems booking them. The food was good, however my husband got curry sauce served with his steak in the Italian restaurant!!!!

I feel we over paid for this holiday and was not value for money. We would definately not return to the hotel for the reasons I have stated and the German guests who are arrogant, rude and selfish!! The staff definately give the German guests preferential treatment and we heard of a British guest being told by Guest relations 'Don't come to a German orientated hotel and expect the staff to speak english!!' This speaks absolute volumes. I spoke with the Thomas Cook rep who agreed this hotel is not 5 star and there are far better hotels in Lara Beach.

We did enjoy our holiday and met some lovely families from the UK, who like us kept their children under control and di not allow them to go wild as some of the other nationalities.

I definately would not return nor would I recommend the hotel, we were really disappointed with the majority of staff, food and facilities. Go elsewhere!!

Room Tip: Email the hotel in advance and ask for sea / pool view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank AG2010
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

First of all we found the food, the cleaning of the rooms and public areas outstanding.
The hotel is very good and the animation team try their best to make sure you have a good time. All the staff thoughout the hotel were polite and spoke English to us, contrary to other reviews.
What took the edge off this being an excellent holiday was that we were not allowed to keep our room on. We think that the hotel could have been more accomodating regarding this as people were still arriving when we left. I'm sure that they could have arranged the rooms so that we were able to stay on for a few hours, but they did not seem interested. There was no secure room for you to leave your luggage on departure day, although we were assured it was going to be looked after, we were able to get our case without anyone questioning it. We were told that there was showering facilities in the Spa which we could use, this amounted to communial showering and chainging facilities, not what I would expect from a five star hotel. All other hotels we have visited where we haven't been able to keep our room have offered a time slot in a hotel room so that you can get showered and changed in private. I found this appalling and would not visit this hotel again unless I had an ealier flight.

5 Thank Paula1325
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Staff were excellent very friendly and helpful. Hotel very classy,we were on the 5th floor with side sea view which was lovely. Maid was marvellous our room and hotel spotless. Food was very good but not very organised, seemed to have to walk from one end to the other to get veg to go with meat etc, no problem really but some guests were commenting on this. Bars were excellent cocktails all inclusive as we're imported drinks. As with previous reviews it was difficult to get a sunbed by pool but we just went to beach, which had good bar on the jetty. There was a big problem with Mosquitos which was an inconvenience to those of us who were bitten. I had 60 bites in first few days, despite all the sprays. Many other guests had same problem, but not the hotels fault. They disinfected our room, put plug ins in and sprays they were very helpful. We would go back to this hotel but not in September, due to Mosquitos. All in all we had great holiday.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is our 3rd time at the Diva. The hotel experience was as just as good in previous years.
The food was fantastic, and the staff work so hard to make sure you have an enjoyable holiday.
The one thing we do not have in the UK, is customer satisfaction. The Diva have it in abundance - the Guest Relation team walk around during the day, asking if you have any problems, and even the Hotel Director is visable, but even we were quite suprised to see so many couples that we have seen from the last few years. We even went to a cooking class.
Early September is great at the Diva. You can get a sunbed wherever you want, and there are less kids. We would agree with some of the reviews that the staff has changed, and some lacked experience, but overall we have little to complain about. Our friends have been twice on our recomendation.We think the Diva is the one to beat.

1 Thank SteveB02
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family and I have returned from a two week holiday at the Delphin Diva between 17th August and the 31st 2012. It was myself, my wife, 15 year old daughter and my mother and father-in-law ( nearly 70); a 55 year difference.

A week before leaving for the Delphin Diva my daughter sat reading the latest reviews on here. To say our chins dropped was an understatement!!! The reviews were slagging many parts of this marvellous hotel off. If I had been given the opportunity of cancelling our holiday and booking somewhere else, I would have done. I work all year - as we all do- and to come away and think I was paying all that money for what was being described put me on an all time low.

We had a great flight and transfer out to Turkey. The best part being the flight was only 3 hours and 35 minutes and and transfer to the hotel was sub thirty. Upon arrival the staff were extremely attentive and the hotel on first impressions looked magnificent. The reception staff gave us a quick check in whilst our luggage was already on it's way to our room. We were informed about towel services and directed briefly to significant places in the hotel. Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the newest of the delphin hotels; the Imperial. This wasn't a problem and to the right of our balcony a fantastic sea view !!!!!

Another thing we picked up on when reading the trip advisor reviews was some guests were being offered to transfer to the Imperial. We had made a decision due to the reviews, if the opportunity had arisen we were going to definitely upgrade. On arrival we didn't get offered and after spending our time at the Diva we wouldn't. All our needs were catered for.

The rooms were suitable for us three, plenty of room and unlike most hotels my daughter received a proper bed which I think she should as we are paying an adult price. Within the rooms the mini bar is great and restocked daily although you will not need it. Also being British my wife loves a cup of tea in the morning, a kettle is provided having known this next time maybe I can bring some more shirts instead of the KETTLE !!!!

We quickly got unpacked and headed down to the pool bar for a drink where we met the first of our favourite members of staff - Shamus. Every evening from then on he knew our order and made us feel extremely welcome along with all of the well mannered and polite staff. A handful really stood out and made our stay that much more enjoyable. Alp is next; he works mainly in the bar on the pier. From day one he made us feel welcome and created a bond. We learn't a lot about the life of people here and he was a genuine great bloke, looking for no more than to make your stay enjoyable. Elmo, a member of the animation team was great, every morning and afternoon he gathered people on the beach to play boccia, having no intention of playing on arrival we saw that the game consisted of light hearted fun and banter. It turned out through the help of Elmo everyday the same group of people from across the world all joined in and it was great fun, nick names were soon given to regulars and it was a highlight of our holiday. I have only mentioned a few but at the Diva there is an endless list of staff that will bend over backwards to help you or just greet you with a smile, you quickly make connections and start joking about with the staff.

Within our family we all have certain things that make our holiday, my daughter is a water baby and the sea and pool were simply perfect for her. Pool was spotlessly clean and no chlorine smell or burning of the eyes. The sea was crystal blue, calm, warm, sandy, safe for swimming and a great pier to practise diving. My wife the food and accommodation; food was amazing. Presented beautifully and tasted out of this world. In previous reviews people complained there wasn't any choice !!!!! Where we're they eating ??? You could eat what ever when ever ..... You name it they had it at least once a week as each night had a different theme. Also meal times were great because if you didn't fancy eating in the main restaurants you could easily find smaller meals throughout the complex. The first time we entered the main dining room we all felt a little overwhelmed at the size. It is spread out but after the first meal you realise how to work your way around. We never struggled to find something to our liking. There are plenty of exciting and heathy options. My mother in law doesn't cope in the heat but the shade available on the beach was great, on some days it reached 40+ and we didn't hear her moan once!!! The beach was spotlessly clean and the beach staff were endlessly clearing up and on hand to maintain the immaculate beach. Also a lifeguard is on  patrol from 9-5, and we saw him several times head towards the water watching when the wind picked up.

The a la cart restaurants were lovely, you had 8 to choose from. There were touch screens available in the lobby to book your table but these only allowed up to three people. If you need a bigger table you were to go to guest relations where they booked it for you. Like in any other resort in peak summer the early bird catches the worm.  We never had any trouble. The same applies for sun beds; we can not speak for around the pool but in peak season on the beach beds were still available at the front by midday.

In passing through the pool we have found like may other guests the tiles are slippery but if you are careful and not running it isn't a problem. The animation team are brilliant and not pushy if you didn't want to get involved.

Also guest relations were on hand always enquiring if everything was okay, if you had any issues they were swift on sorting them. But due to no problems we never needed their assistance. Signs are posted in the lifts informing guests about daily events or forthcoming notifications.

Everything at the Delphin Diva we simply couldn't fault and it was a great break. We would all come again and definitely contemplating booking for October or next year. Would recommend to anyone !!!!!!! Ignore all negative reviews because this hotel is definitely 5* !!!!!!! Any questions we will happily answer, oliviawhr@gmail.com.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family