Choice of hotel was mainly down to its position on Trip advisor. The price was right for a 10 day holiday and it was a great chance to spend quality time with our son, daughter in law and precious granddaughter aged 2 1/2. We were in the hotel 15 mins after leaving the airport and the entrance and layout of the reception impresses as you check in. National costume and national foods on display for tasting in the lobby area. There has been no expense spared for all of the furniture and equipment in the lounge areas, and indeed throughout the hotel complex.
Room allocated was as requested on the 1st floor. The size was adequate and it was clean and furnished well. It took a day or so to get the geography right and to find out where everything was - but there seemed to be a new thing to impress us each day as we changed our spot for the day. There was as warned a team of staff walking through the bedded areas of the pool and beach, taking towels and books off beds if there was no sign of owners before 8.30 am. This has to be commended; I have not seen this before following holidays in Europe and the carribean. There was also a team of cleaning staff in hotel uniforms marched to the beach 1 day at 8.00 am to be lined up at 6 foot intervals like soldiers. They commenced a trawl of the beach on the sound of a whistle looking for any debris for their sacks. They kept the beach extremely clean and well presented, with each dawn presenting all beds and facilities as though it was the launch of a new hotel. This was also apparent around the extensive pool and slide park areas.
The beach piers were quite large and full of comfortable beds and seating areas. One of them has a bar with stools and tables which became my favourite place between 5 - 7 pm whilst our ladies prepared for the evening. A beer, music, book or good chat was a great end to the day. The usual sports facilities involving boats, parachute etc was available for a reasonable "negotiation"
If you wanted a quiet time, there was ample space to get away from the noise with a book around the pool or on the beach. If you wanted to engage in the usual pool and beach entertainment provided by the day team - you could certainly have some fun. We joined in for the pool and beach Olympics along with the daily pool games every day. The young team had nick names for me and my son and the fun continued into the evenings when they were also active in providing the evening entertainment in the stepped arena.
Most impressive was the attentive nature of the children’s club ladies and the facilities and equipment available to amuse the children. The areas were fenced, safely padded, supervised and extensive. We used adult and children water slides, watched youngsters being entertained and entertaining themselves in very safe environments.
The bar staff had a variety of methods to ensure you were supplied with everything you needed. This were in the form of waiters on foot, on skates, pushing ice cooled trolleys, and generally making sure you were asked if they could provide a service throughout the day. In the afternoons food stations popped up with kebabs, hot stone pancakes filled with your choice of goodies and even an area with chefs serving you KFC style chicken and veg @ 5.00pm. With fridges and cool trays dotted around several points in the complex housing sandwiches; massive varieties of cakes and goodies – this is a dangerous place for the diet conscious.
The restaurants impressed with the buffet being a slick operation serving hundreds of people in an impressively designed 1st floor location. This provided breakfast, lunch and dinner as occasions to enjoy good food. It seemed to have endless choices of quality dishes in a variety of side rooms with choices of seating inside and outside.
There was additionally a beach restaurant in the covered open air with waiter service for drinks and a buffet for the food. Finally we were offered 5 or 6 A La Carte restaurants which had to be booked the day before. There was a self booking station in the lobby with a queue each morning at 9.00 am. I got around this by visiting the services team on the lower floor and managed to visit all of the restaurants during our stay. The service, quality of food and wine was impressive served by attentive staff.
After dinner provided a few choices with a "real" funfair comprising: dodgems, train rides, boat swing ride, and a large Ferris wheel. Followed by popcorn and lollypops for the children. Then on to the stepped theatre to watch the mini club followed by a dance troop or acrobats show. The children had been rehearsing 1 of the days to put on a dance and mime show for the parents. The place was packed and there wasn't a dry eye in the house!
A leisurely walk back through the floodlit gardens to the pool area for a slightly repetitive rendition of 80's songs from a lady and her organist was probably the most disappointing routine. Although there were 2 or 3 evenings during our stay where the extensive pool grounds were decked out for an outside stage show. The best of which was the Chinese circus. 1 evening appeared to be an opportunity for the hotel management to involve themselves in some of the fun as part of what appeared to be a teaming event. Dept. heads introduced themselves in dinner suits with the hotel manager addressing the audience and picking out key employees for applause (and pool duckings) this appeared impressive with staff providing Traditional dancing for our entertainment followed by all senior managers being thrown in the pool to our delight. You could see the pride every member of staff had in their hotel and in particular the respect for the hotel manager and his senior team providing the entertainment. Topping this was the appearance of a 10 foot cake, a cruise ship style glasses pyramid of champagne - followed by a New Years Eve style display of fireworks.
On a rainy day – or for a change in the evening we visited the sports bar complex. This included a variety of pool/snooker tables along with lots of arcade type equipment and even a full length bowling alley “with hire shoes”. An array of TV’s made it the obvious place to watch the European championship final.
Of course every evening was finished by a trip to the impressive lobby bar returning to our rooms. The variety of international drinks here was better than at any other bar, and the service and comfort was good. Those who come for a really long day and have youth on their side top up with a visit to the night club disco.
I must say that we enjoyed every minute of this special holiday. We grew very close to our granddaughter and were impressed with the way every waiter and member of the staff made a fuss particularly of the children and indeed of us all. We were sorry to leave, and my son is already enquiring for next year having decided to talk his pals and their families into joining him.
The hotel under construction next door didn’t bother us. The Palace sister hotel along the beach – although impressive on a visit – did not compare to the Delphin Diva. A trip into Antalya is a must with the boat to the waterfalls on the top deck in the sun being as cheap as chips and a nice day out. I could go on and on about the Gym, Spa and other facilities - but I would be here all day.
This hotel deserves its ratings and comes highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delphin Diva Premiere Hotel with elegant and comfortable rooms, various restaurant types with luscious foods, volleyball, tennis and basketball courts, fitness and SPA center, beach volleyball place, active games, sporty entertainments, water sports at the beach, indoor and outdoor pools with slides, FREE Wi-Fi, FREE parking area and quality service are at your disposal. The hotel is situated on Lara beach being 15 km away from downtown Antalya and 8 km away from the international airport. Nature, sun and sea come together on Delphin Diva Premiere Hotel's 230 meters long private sandy beach making it the ideal location for an unforgettable holiday. Delphin Diva Premiere Hotel will welcome you to your dream vacation.Delphin Diva Premiere Hotel's modern and comfortable rooms with fascinating sea and mountain view are decorated in the unique DELPHIN DIVA PREMIERE HOTEL style. The quality and comfort of rooms can be summed up with such a comment "Simplicity of the skillful use of elegance". All standard rooms with mini bar refilled daily with soft drinks and delicious junk food; direct telephone, information and music channels, satellite TV channels, central air conditioning, toilet and bathroom, hairdryer, digital safe, balcony and parquet floor are at your disposal. You can find everything needed for a comfortable stay in these rooms, which were specially designed for you. ALL INCLUSIVE concept. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Delphin Diva Premiere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delphin Diva Premiere Antalya
- Delphin Diva Premiere Hotel Antalya