“a real disapointment ..” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ottoman house - CLOSED

Ottoman house
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Copenhagen, Denmark
“a real disapointment ..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

i was there with my family in middle of september..everyyear we go to alanya and visit that place but and we have brough some of my friends with us!!unfrortunately this time we could not get the same taste service and especially i say price...everything was awfull and i was so embarrassed to the my friends!!also one more thing we travel a lot but first time i saw in that place waiter is standing in front of bar and customers he was smoking there and then coming to service again he was smeelling like hell..we were very very disapointed and we will never go to ottoman house again and never recommend...

• Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Joensuu, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad experience(s)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Since my first visit to the Ottoman House restaurant it has been my favourite restaurant. But not anymore. I visited the restaurant several times during my holiday and it was everytime very unpleasant experience and there was a bad atmosphere. The house itself is beautiful but the new decorations, such as paintings of sultans all over the yard, makes it feel tacky instead of classy like it was before. I feel like the level of food has gone down a bit and Efes beer is amazingly expensive. I mean who would pay 15 liras in a restaurant for a beer?! I have to praise the waiters, they are always polite, happy and welcoming and they do their job well. I feel that the change in ownership is the problem here. I have seen the owners scream at the waiters for no reason at all and in front of customers.You should not have to listen to screaming for half an hour and longer while trying to enjoy your evening, it is not very professional behaviour from management. And I have very unpleasant feeling to be even near them as they always looked at me down their noses like I was worth nothing and not even welcome there. Even their children did that! And what makes me feel the new owners are not really professional is that I have seen the man sleep at work and other times he just looks really drunk. I really like Ottoman House and last year it was my favourite place but I feel now like I am not appriciated there even if the lovely waiters do their best and more to keep me happy. I just feel like it is not worth visiting as there are better places in Alanya. I would not recommend this restaurant for anyone anymore, unless the owners change.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elhalo
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant twice during our vacation in Alanya. Both times we have really nice food and the personelle is very friendly. The live music was not too dominating (which we found it at some of the other restaurants).

Visited August 2013
London
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have eaten at Ottoman House several times over the past 10 years and whilst the food is good it is not as good as it should be. The atmosphere is gone, the food is not as good and the Efes beer is nearly twice the price as everywhere else (15tl)- and not priced on the menu! The history of the house and the surrounding area is not acknowledged and our waiter was more than in a hurry to complete his last two months of work and leave. There are plenty of other places to eat where the food is just as good and the Efes reasonably priced! Disappointing.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FDempsey
Alesund, Norway
“from a good meal to a bad meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went here on my first night in alanya the food was excellent .my steak was done to perfection .decided to eat here again on my second week and what a let down had the exact same meal but it was under cooked and was a really bad cut of meat a real let down .will never go back .

• Visited July 2013