“Lovely Hotel”
Review of Anahtar Apart

Anahtar Apart
Ranked #148 of 374 Hotels in Alanya
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed half board here for 2 weeks starting end of September 2012. The apartment was much larger than you normally get when staying half board, having all the amenieties of a self catering apartment, proper sized fridge which is always usefull for drinks on the good sized balcony I've seen some that barely fits a chair on it. Flat screen tv and room always cleaned really well, reception staff friendly and helpful, restuarant staff hard working and courteous. Food was really nice and well cooked typical Turkish breakfast 3 courses on an evening cooked fresh, non of that waiting in line at a buffet thats been hanging around since breakfast. All in all a good place to stay thats right on the beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Bobrob09

Reviewed June 23, 2012

just back from alanya and the anahtar apartments had great time stayed for 11 days after reading reviews took a cheap kettle and toaster from argos with us worth their weight in gold.As Emme says it was clean and big with a lovely balconey and cleaned everyday with fresh towels if needed, everyone on the staff with we had contact with were very helpful even if we had a bit of trouble understanding each other sometimes.Had lovely meals in the restaraunt when not eating in apartment,saw another review on the website on which we booked complaining about being hassled to eat by staff bullcrap no one hassled us we didnt eat there all the time as we were out and about. When we did eat there who could complain at a rump steak for 23 lira less than £10 with so much trimmings I had trouble eating it all. As for Saifis review it was past the end of season when he stayed and after paying £96 for 2 for 12 days I was really pleased would happily go again. Thanks to Ali and all the boys for looking after us with very good service skills. Didnt go in pool went to beach instead cause I love swimming in sea.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank southygirl
Reviewed June 8, 2012

first off i will say dont be put off by bad reviews me and my partner stayed here for 14 days and loved it we arrived at 1am and got shown strait to are room I was dreading it after reading some reviews but was pleased that it was big and very clean we got strait in bed and they we'er very comfy. next morn we woke up to a knock on the door it was a very cheery cleaner she cleaned are apartment every day (not that it needed it every day) and always made the sheets on are bed into 2 swans there was a plasma on the wall with few english channels but we wasnt there to watch telly the waiters at the pool side restaurant we'er ace really good laugh and very attentive the pool was lovely VERY clean the food was really nice not got one bad word to say about anahtar apartments we have been home now for two week and am missing the place already we are booking it again for september this yr carnt wait :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Emme G
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We went to Alanya, Turkey for a 10 night holiday and thought, based on the reviews and price, that this place will suffice as a resting point after the days out and about. How wrong we were.
So we arrived at 1am and having booked a double room'd apartment we were looking forward to having a bite to eat and then going to bed. Upon walking in, the first thing we noticed was how big the place was and how empty it was. Here is the list of what we saw and how we were treated:
1am, arrived and checked in and were taken to the room in a lift that could only fit 3 people (as per warning sign) and just about two suitcases. Walking into the room we saw a tv stand with NO TV, and portable two hob electric cooker which hadnt been cleaned and upon turning it on and placing my hand on the hob to check the heating speed, I didnt even flinch after 5 minutes due to the fact it was luke warm. There was no kettle and no toaster. We had two dessert plates but no cuttlery and a pan which again was rusty and dirty. The sofas were similar to ones I have seen in the local dump and we couldnt even sit on them comfortably. The receptionist that was showing us this simply laughed these things off. Then we were shown the bedroom which had single beds, not the double we booked, it turns out they dont have any rooms with double beds. We thought ok we can still get over this as these are not the be all and end all of all things! But then we were shown the bathroom. We dont care how bad a room is but the bathroom is the most important thing to us. There was no shower curtain and when you turned the shower on the water sprayed all over the bathroom floor, there was no hot water (according to the receptionist, we needed to have allowed the water to run for 15 minutes before having a shower, which we tried and still it got to just barely warm) The sink had a mouldy and rusted light fixutre above it where a fluorecent tube goes but there was no tube so lighting was at a minimum. The tap wobbled when you touch them let alone turned them. Then lastly the curtains were the same material that we use for tissue and were stained as if they had never been cleaned and god knows the quality of guests they have had to allow them to get to this state.
Anyway so after about a couple of hours (now 3am) my girlfriend somehow managed to go to sleep but I couldnt as I was very annoyed so I went down to complain. The receptionist then said ok I can show you another room to change us over at which point I thought brilliant this might change things....he showed me the other apartment and the only extra that it had was a kettle (full of limescale) and an uplight (which didnt work). There was still the exact same problems with beds, dirty curtains, no shower curtain, no hot water, no kitchen amenities etc.
Needless to say I stayed up the rest of the night searching online for another hotel. At 8am (7hours after check-in) I checked out and went to what turned out to be one of the nicest hotels Ive stayed in and it was the same star rating as this place and was literally around the corner.
Oh and all throughout the 10 nights we were there everytime we went passed Anahtar we only saw one couple who were OAP's who probably didnt really care about the quality of their room.
In conclusion I would not even wish for my worst enemy to stay in this place and due to how unhygenic it is you probably will catch some sort of bacteria while staying there. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE as per start of this review. Please see my review of the Balik Hotel which is where we ended up going as they were amazing.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Safi H
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed here for 10 days, coming home on 29th June. Thought the apartments would be rather basic but they were lovely. There was plenty of room, they were lovely and bright and the balcony was really big. The way the hotel is set out none of the balconies are overlooked by anyone else in the building whihc means you have a bit of privacy. The staff were brilliant and extremely friendly and i would definitely recommend staying here. The food was really good and reasonably priced and the service was excellent.

The toilets by the pool were a quite filthy but use the one's just inside the restaurant building and you'll have no problems.

Room Tip: The restaurant of the Viking Hotel next door was also great value for money so give it a try. Also t...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank HelenF67
Reviewed July 4, 2011

After getting a cheap deal for our two week holiday and a bad experience in Crete last year, I was worried about the standard of the accommodation we had booked for our stay in Alanya. From the moment I walked through the doors of the hotel I realised that there had been no need to worry.
We arrived at Anahtar apartments in the early hours of the morning and were greeted by friendly, helpful staff. We were shown to our rooms and I was pleasantly surprised at the size and cleanliness of the apartment. We had a large living room/kitchen with two large sofas and a dining and coffee table. The cupboards in the kitchen were stocked with almost everything you would need to cook a good meal. The bedroom was clean and airy with a large window beside one of the beds which helped us save some money on the price of air conditioning (which isn't very expensive).
The hotel staff were always on hand to sort out any problems that we had and were always friendly and approachable (even at 2am when we had a problem with one of the lights in our room). The bar and restaurant staff walked around the pool making sure everyone was happy and asking if anyone needed anything – they were always happy to help.
Anahtar Apartments is situated around 200m from the beach where sun loungers and umbrellas are very cheap to rent. There are many restaurants and bars within a 5-10 minute walk and walking to the main harbour of Alanya from the hotel takes around 45mins at a relaxed pace but the Dolmus (local city buses) cost 1.25tl (€0.75) and run regularly.
My friends and I loved how clean the hotel was and the staff there helped make our holiday perfect. We were all very sad to leave the hotel at the end of our holiday. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family and wouldn’t think twice about returning to the hotel sometime in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank FrancescaDent
Reviewed May 28, 2011

The receptionist and the manager in the restaurant are amazing and always available to help you . Very close to cleopatra beach ( the most beautiful beach of Turkey) . Only week point the cleanliness of towel and sheet but if you think is very cheap , I'm sure is possible close an eye . I recommend this hotel definately value for money

• Stayed: May 2011