“don't be put off by bad reviews”
Review of Anahtar Apart

and 1 more site!
Anahtar Apart
Ranked #102 of 372 Hotels in Alanya
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“don't be put off by bad reviews”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

first off i will say dont be put off by bad reviews me and my partner stayed here for 14 days and loved it we arrived at 1am and got shown strait to are room I was dreading it after reading some reviews but was pleased that it was big and very clean we got strait in bed and they we'er very comfy. next morn we woke up to a knock on the door it was a very cheery cleaner she cleaned are apartment every day (not that it needed it every day) and always made the sheets on are bed into 2 swans there was a plasma on the wall with few english channels but we wasnt there to watch telly the waiters at the pool side restaurant we'er ace really good laugh and very attentive the pool was lovely VERY clean the food was really nice not got one bad word to say about anahtar apartments we have been home now for two week and am missing the place already we are booking it again for september this yr carnt wait :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Emme G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We went to Alanya, Turkey for a 10 night holiday and thought, based on the reviews and price, that this place will suffice as a resting point after the days out and about. How wrong we were.
So we arrived at 1am and having booked a double room'd apartment we were looking forward to having a bite to eat and then going to bed. Upon walking in, the first thing we noticed was how big the place was and how empty it was. Here is the list of what we saw and how we were treated:
1am, arrived and checked in and were taken to the room in a lift that could only fit 3 people (as per warning sign) and just about two suitcases. Walking into the room we saw a tv stand with NO TV, and portable two hob electric cooker which hadnt been cleaned and upon turning it on and placing my hand on the hob to check the heating speed, I didnt even flinch after 5 minutes due to the fact it was luke warm. There was no kettle and no toaster. We had two dessert plates but no cuttlery and a pan which again was rusty and dirty. The sofas were similar to ones I have seen in the local dump and we couldnt even sit on them comfortably. The receptionist that was showing us this simply laughed these things off. Then we were shown the bedroom which had single beds, not the double we booked, it turns out they dont have any rooms with double beds. We thought ok we can still get over this as these are not the be all and end all of all things! But then we were shown the bathroom. We dont care how bad a room is but the bathroom is the most important thing to us. There was no shower curtain and when you turned the shower on the water sprayed all over the bathroom floor, there was no hot water (according to the receptionist, we needed to have allowed the water to run for 15 minutes before having a shower, which we tried and still it got to just barely warm) The sink had a mouldy and rusted light fixutre above it where a fluorecent tube goes but there was no tube so lighting was at a minimum. The tap wobbled when you touch them let alone turned them. Then lastly the curtains were the same material that we use for tissue and were stained as if they had never been cleaned and god knows the quality of guests they have had to allow them to get to this state.
Anyway so after about a couple of hours (now 3am) my girlfriend somehow managed to go to sleep but I couldnt as I was very annoyed so I went down to complain. The receptionist then said ok I can show you another room to change us over at which point I thought brilliant this might change things....he showed me the other apartment and the only extra that it had was a kettle (full of limescale) and an uplight (which didnt work). There was still the exact same problems with beds, dirty curtains, no shower curtain, no hot water, no kitchen amenities etc.
Needless to say I stayed up the rest of the night searching online for another hotel. At 8am (7hours after check-in) I checked out and went to what turned out to be one of the nicest hotels Ive stayed in and it was the same star rating as this place and was literally around the corner.
Oh and all throughout the 10 nights we were there everytime we went passed Anahtar we only saw one couple who were OAP's who probably didnt really care about the quality of their room.
In conclusion I would not even wish for my worst enemy to stay in this place and due to how unhygenic it is you probably will catch some sort of bacteria while staying there. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE as per start of this review. Please see my review of the Balik Hotel which is where we ended up going as they were amazing.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Safi H
Wales
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed here for 10 days, coming home on 29th June. Thought the apartments would be rather basic but they were lovely. There was plenty of room, they were lovely and bright and the balcony was really big. The way the hotel is set out none of the balconies are overlooked by anyone else in the building whihc means you have a bit of privacy. The staff were brilliant and extremely friendly and i would definitely recommend staying here. The food was really good and reasonably priced and the service was excellent.

The toilets by the pool were a quite filthy but use the one's just inside the restaurant building and you'll have no problems.

Room Tip: The restaurant of the Viking Hotel next door was also great value for money so give it a try. Also t...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank HelenF67
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2011

After getting a cheap deal for our two week holiday and a bad experience in Crete last year, I was worried about the standard of the accommodation we had booked for our stay in Alanya. From the moment I walked through the doors of the hotel I realised that there had been no need to worry.
We arrived at Anahtar apartments in the early hours of the morning and were greeted by friendly, helpful staff. We were shown to our rooms and I was pleasantly surprised at the size and cleanliness of the apartment. We had a large living room/kitchen with two large sofas and a dining and coffee table. The cupboards in the kitchen were stocked with almost everything you would need to cook a good meal. The bedroom was clean and airy with a large window beside one of the beds which helped us save some money on the price of air conditioning (which isn't very expensive).
The hotel staff were always on hand to sort out any problems that we had and were always friendly and approachable (even at 2am when we had a problem with one of the lights in our room). The bar and restaurant staff walked around the pool making sure everyone was happy and asking if anyone needed anything – they were always happy to help.
Anahtar Apartments is situated around 200m from the beach where sun loungers and umbrellas are very cheap to rent. There are many restaurants and bars within a 5-10 minute walk and walking to the main harbour of Alanya from the hotel takes around 45mins at a relaxed pace but the Dolmus (local city buses) cost 1.25tl (€0.75) and run regularly.
My friends and I loved how clean the hotel was and the staff there helped make our holiday perfect. We were all very sad to leave the hotel at the end of our holiday. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family and wouldn’t think twice about returning to the hotel sometime in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank FrancescaDent
Reviewed May 28, 2011

The receptionist and the manager in the restaurant are amazing and always available to help you . Very close to cleopatra beach ( the most beautiful beach of Turkey) . Only week point the cleanliness of towel and sheet but if you think is very cheap , I'm sure is possible close an eye . I recommend this hotel definately value for money

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank CharlesFaris
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Very nice Hotel! The raceptionist girl in the morning is lovely and always ready to help you .
The Food in the Restaurant is Amazing and also the service very friendly ,make you confortable to be in this accomodation .Only part i didn't like were the smell of the towel .The sheets and towel are old and no good smell but a part for this everithings was wonderfull experience .
Ivan from Italy

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CharlesFaris
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed October 3, 2010

It's ideally hotel for us. It has ideally staff, ideally rooms, ideally location and ideally price. The staff is very friendly, helpfull and smile, especially for little girls (greetings from Sonya :-))) ). The room has square more than 50 sq. m and consists from two rooms, a slleeping-room and a living room - kitchen ('open kitchen"). It has WC, shower and very big balcony. The walking distance from best sand beach of Kleopatra is about five minutes. The price is same as one for camping place in Northern Europe. We pay 12 (twelve) euro per night.
This hotel has a lot of problems but I don't like to write about its. We've got very positive impression. But I'd like give one advice: if you have children stay on northern side of hotel without sea view. Soutehern side is more warm and very noisy because restoraunts this and neighboring hotel witn its music and shows (we see "Turkish nights" six times in three week :-) ). And the cock which living across the steet and crying every morning from 3 to 8 a.m. very prevents to sleep.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family