“Excellent!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 368 Hotels in Alanya
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed in Big Blue for 2 weeks. We enjoyed every second of our stay!!!! Food was tasty, all the time fresh and huge choice ( atleas 5-6 main courses). The staff was amazingly nice and always helpfull, especially the service manager Mr. Fatih!!! The rooms were always clean and tidy! The entertainment team was just unbelievably great, especially "Pinnochio" , he is simply the best!!!! I never ever had so much fun like when he was around. The hotel staff just made our holiday perfect!!! I will definitely go back. And I recommend to everybody to visit Big Blue!!!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Leaving a review for this hotel is very easy as it was a lovely experience which left us wanting to re-visit it again without hesitation. All staff were fantastic, hotel extremely clean and if you had any problems then they were more than willing to correct them. All my family would highly recommend staying there (daughter 17, son 13). A huge amount of effort from the hotel staff went into making sure that the food was served on time with the evening meal being very special by cleaning the pool area and tables put outside for a very pleasant atmosphere. To me it was a holiday I look back on with a smile.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Richard O
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Me and the new wife were married in Cyprus in may, Outstanding wedding. We booked our honeymoon for the 26th of October till 3rd November at club big blue hotel. We had asked when booking for a lively hotel that was all year round with Thomas cook. We arrived in the early hours and was checked in quickly to a lovely suit overlooking the pool. Separate beds which were swiftly put together. Separate bedroom so my wife could enjoy a lay in and i could get up been a early riser and have some were to go.The rooms were nice and clean, beds, towels were changed daily and rooms cleaned daily.

Thats all the good bits

The hotel is in the middle of a residential area which reminds me off walking through the hood at night, I would have felt at ease with a baseball bat to hand.There were 9 guests in the hotel till Tuesday and then went down to 7, First night we went down for tea (served between 7 and 8.30) at 7.30 to stone cold food, very limited choice. We thought it was us been late so went down the next night at 6.45, A bell was rung at 7 for tea and it was cold again. That was the last meal we ate at club big blue. After that food was not put out buffy style. A waiter came walking over to us with a plate of cold pre plated food wrapped in cling film and your choice was to take it or leave it.No snacks in the afternoon just a plate of dried busicts.We never saw the pizza`s or grill been used all week. Bottled some times warm beer was served till 11 and warm wine, I ordered a double baileys at 9 pm was was told that it was double price so ended up paying 29 lira which is about £9.50. Last one i had :) No evening entertainment what so ever apart from Thursday night when the staff party took place which we were not invited to and was pushed into a corner with a plate of cold food whilst the staff enjoyed a buffy off the grill.apart from that, that was the entertainment apart for one night they did 15 mins kids disco.lol,we walked down into the restaurant every meal time to have a look what was been served and walked straight out to eat at a restaurant just around the corner which was great. We were sat skyping the kids back home on my wife's phone using the torch off my phone so they could see us.Just when we thought the holiday could not get any worse they said we could keep the room till 5.30 which was great, Went to the beach and back for a shower at 4 pm to find they had turned the hot water off. Best thing about club big blue was the doors walking out. I would not go back for a free holiday in peek season.We left at 6 pm and they closed for winter at 8 pm.24 hours before we left they had emptied the bar, All dinning room tables were stacked on top of each other ready for the closure. All week was like living in a ghost town. All the spar was closed all week, Slides run twice for 30 mins all week, No problem getting sun loungers as there were only 3 family's there. We spent £450 on food and drink outside the hotel after paying for all inclusive. Kids entertainment was 2 waiters dancing with 1 kid to quack quack song in Turkish for 15 minuets one nigh tat 7.45. by 8 pm the lights were off and was lit by the lights from the bar at the end of the pool area. We have sent a letter into Thomas cook requesting compensation but im not holding my breath.

we went to turkey in 2009 and stayed in a lovely hotel with lovely waiters, great food and entertainment, wish we could have gone back there

Room Tip: dont book one in this hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Nick E
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Word of warning if you book the hotel for October half term find out the amount of guests before you do as the hotel closes for 6 months on the first Saturday of November, personally if It had been just me and my wife we'd have coped but having the only child (aged 6) out of 9 people in a 350 capacity hotel was a rather testing experience as the hotel goes into sleep mode....

Saying that our first week was really great hotel staff as a whole excellent 10/10 for cleanliness nice cold beer local beach don't bother bit of a building site concrete slabs in sea, kleopatra beach in the other hand fabulous, wouldn't bother with the boat trips either waste of a day and money I would stay here again but don't think I will

Stayed October 2013
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Friendly staff who are always happy to help.
Food was good with a wide selection daily.
Rooms are of a good standard, I would come back to stay here again.
Wifi access is free, but signal is best in the bar area.
Pool fricking freezing but cures a hangover. All inclusive doesn't cover all the bar selection.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bradford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

we arrived as a family of 3 (2adults 1child) at the hotel for a 2week stay on the 13th october 2013 to be welcomed by locked doors. after a swift check-in we was offered food and drink which consisted of bread and cold meat and cheeses. we were then shown to our room on floor 5 (room 510) and were overjoyed with the pool view. on our first morning at the pool side we were welcomed by pinocchio and kitty (anim team) who did their very best to get guests involved in the limited daytime activities. the slides were on 2-3 times a day for 30mins at a time which was enough. i would say the food was generally Ok however sometimes it would be served luke warm and not replenished enough. there also wasn't a wide selection to choose from. breakfast was diabolical as both 3 and 5 minute eggs were underboiled with egg whites not set - Ok if you like meats and cheeses. service at the bar well what can i say, yulash has terrible manners and needs to smile. however mustafa demonstrated great service. will not be returning.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank gavo77
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Following a 2 and half hr transfer from Antalya airport we arrived at the Big Blue Suites at 12.45am to find our rooms were not ready. We were taken into the dining area and given a small plate of salad and a drink. We were then offered 1 room with 2 single beds and 2 chair beds and when we explained that we had booked 2 rooms were told a 2nd room would be ready for us the following day. After breakfast the next day we were told our 2nd room wouldn't be ready until around 4pm. We couldn't unpack at this stage so we decided to take a look around and find out where the amenities were. On our return around 5pm we spoke to the General Manager and were told our room was ready, we asked that in view of this delay we would like a late check out at 5pm on our last day - he agreed and offered us our safe keys free of charge.After unpacking we decided to go to the pool area for a couple of drinks. We ordered 4 white wines. We received warm wine in 4 children's plastic cups. When I asked for my wine in a glass and from the fridge the bar girl acted like she didn't understand and called another barman to explain. After some time the bar girl rolled her eyes and continued to argue in Turkish and called the bar manager and following instruction from him she emptied the wine into glasses and put an ice cube in each. I refused the drinks and repeated that I would like some wine without ice from the fridge.The bar manager started to argue with me saying that they don't put the wine in the fridge and when I asked why not...I was told he couldn't bend down as he had a bad back???? I shook my head in disbelief and told him I would be speaking to his manager. Following a further instruction the bar girl went to the fridge and took out a cold bottle of wine and reluctantly served our drinks. (Bearing in mind...this was the afternoon of our 2nd day and our first drink at the hotel)! We were all very stressed and decided to take our drinks to our rooms while we got ready for our evening meal only to be stopped by the bar manager who said we couldn't take the drinks away. When we asked why - he couldn't give us a reasonable answer. Later that evening at dinner and when we asked for our drinks we were served warm wine again. The waiter took the drinks back and returned with 4 wines with ice cubes. I approached the bar myself and the bar manager refused to give me wine from the fridge arguing with me again saying that we should be content with getting Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day. I pointed out to him that we had paid for all inclusive and we were entitled to the drinks we requested...he still refused to serve me the cold wine. We changed our drinks order from wine. Throughout the evening a waiter served us at our table and at 3 minutes past 11pm he brought our drinks and produced a bill. We explained we were all inclusive and were informed that all inclusive finished at 11pm. Myself and my friend approached the bar manager to dispute this and in his arrogant manner that we had come to know - demanded that we pay for the drinks. We asked for a receipt which he reluctantly gave us,we left the bar and made an appointment to see the general manager for the following morning. At our meeting we explained how we'd been treated by the bar staff and he said he would sort things out for us. On our return from the beach later that day the manager was waiting with cold wine and baskets of fruit for our rooms and told us we would have no more problems and he refunded the cost of our drinks the night before. This was now the 3rd day of our 6 day stay and we were happy to put it all behind us and enjoy the rest of the week but the bar manager and 2 of his staff had different ideas refusing to serve us by turning and walking away whenever we approached the bar and tuttting in disapproval whenever they passed our table. We are 4 mature women who planned a nice relaxing week away and ended up having the most stressful stay at this hotel. Although The general manager, the restaraunt manager and the house keepers tried to make amends for the appalling treatment we received - the bar staff made our stay very uncomfortable and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know. Carol, Wirral

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends