“was okay holiday”

Club Big Blue Suite Hotel
Ranked #37 of 374 Hotels in Alanya
Reviewed August 20, 2013

went there on honnymoon with my husband food was okay not very hot but u pay for the sun :) hotel was clean i did see some people saying it was not very good was worried but was nice and staff are very nice too

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauraandgavin

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have only just returned from a week holiday at Big Blue Club Suite Hotel. We came as a party of 4.

If i'm going to be completely honest, i was not looking forward to this holiday or this hotel at all, as neither were my choices, even to the extent that i just did not even want to go,but it turned out to be anything but what i was expecting.

We arrived pretty late, about half one in the morning, after a 5 hour flight and an extra 2 hours bus drive to the hotel from antalya, we were all exhausted, hungry, and no energy left. When we came to check in, a very lovely Mohammad, receptionist helped us, he guided us to our room, took our bags and asked us if we were hungry. He then quickly rushed and got a member of staff to bring us some food, even though the restaurant was obviously closed at the time. - Which we immediately thought that they were going to be bring us some left overs from their dinner time, instead they bought us drinks and a nice plateful of food - freshly cut vegetables and a couple of things here and there, but overall it was good.

We stayed in one standard double room. The rooms were spotless, very clean, air conditioning was fab, it was great.

In the morning we got up, had breakfast and the pool was open from 8 am. Already, there were several waitors running around the place cleaning, serving, just making sure that everything was perfect.- Which greatly brings me on to the staff. I can not say enough about the staff. They were just brilliant. I have never been to a hotel with so many lovely, hardworking workers before. Most of them work from 8am all the way to 11pm but never, have i once in the whole period of the time that i was there seen one of them frown or do any less then they should have done. Always smiling, always helping, always cleaning, just perfect. The ladies were constantly cleaning the hotel from top to bottom, even wiping down the stairs as people walked up and down, the place was truely spottless. The waiters ran around like butterflies, i dont think i can remember having a single dirty plate on my table, as soon as i finished with a dish, they quickly came over and cleaned the table. Mustafa is great, he is very friendly with everybody and all the guests loved him. Ismet, Lutfi, Ismail, just all of them , they were all just amazing, I can go on forever about them, but i wont.

Although i say everything was fantastic, honestly, I can't lie, the food was not my cup of tea. There were some that were okkay, but i wasnt a big fan, but it was so warm anyway i never really had the appetite to really eat,so it wasnt the biggest issue for me. But with saying that, they never left you hungry, there's 5 times a day where you have the chance to eat: breakfast, late breakfast, freshly baked pizza, tea with cakes and then dinner and the bar is always open. It truely was an ALL INCLUSIVE hotel.

The pool was open from 8am to 6pm, and the slides were open 3 times a day, even though it may not look amazing, it was great fun..and not just for the children. Entertainment wasnt all that fantastic when i was there, mainly the same show for children every night with the dancers and bingo on some nights. However ladies, that wont be a problem ... the some of the male staff are a very beautiful entertainment within themselves ;-)

The hotel is only 5 minutes away from the beach and only 2 minutes walk from a shopping center (Alanyum). Theres a few restaurants here and there but not alot. To go to the center you have to go the beach where you can then get a bus that takes you straight to there - 1Lira for adults and children go free.

A must see is the Alanya Castle, its a bit far, but not too much, we took the taxi there and i think got there in 10-15 minutes, but it was spectacular, the view was fantastic, its definitely worth the trip.

I had read before that the Kleopatro beach was very nice, but we never got to go, but if you do get the chance, it does look like a rather nice place to visit.

If you're looking for a busy holiday with lots of attractions and things to do, maybe this isnt the perfect place to go, but for the summer when its warm and you just want to relax, let this be one of your top choices.

Before i went, I had read reviews that had said how lovely this place was and that they had great fun but i had also read some rubbish reviews of the place which made me not want to go even more, because when you're not looking forward to something, you're always looking for more reasons not to go, but don't let the bad reviews put you off, specially if they moan about the staff, because i can 100% promise you that that's not going to be a problem- i miss them already!

Overall, it was a great holiday, i miss it already and i want to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Leeda S
Reviewed August 15, 2013

16 of us have just returned from a brilliant holiday at the Big Blue. This was to be my first holiday abroad for 6 years (I’ll call us family 1! the other 11 members of the party were all seasoned travellers) so we (family 1) needed it to be a good one. We arrived early hours which always messes with the senses and gives an initial negative impression after such a long journey, however once morning had broken and the sun came out life seemed different again! The first noticeable observation is that being English you are in the minority which is quite refreshing to be honest. My own family (remember we are family 1) is vegetarian so our first ‘obstacle’ was the food. We had no need to worry, as all meals, believe me there are plenty of meals throughout the day from morning to night, were full of variation which suited all eaters. The one drawback is you will probably put weight on by the amount eaten. The rooms were all adequate as were the swimming pools especially the slides which are used 3-4 times a day for half hour periods which is just about right. The service from the staff is second to none and the waiters cannot do enough. A special mention must go to ‘Pinocchio’ the animator who is around pretty much all day and night entertaining people. He’s good. The hotel is in a residential area of Turkey which is good in itself as you don’t get the ‘Benidorm’ type noise going on all night. The surrounding landscape is good to look at anyway with the sea just 5 minutes walk down the road, the small town of Ober, with its little shops and market, around the corner and the mountain views behind the hotel all adding to the experience. The jeep safari is a must for any excursion thoughts I won’t spoil the fun and say any more. All in all we had a fantastic time and would definitely go back

6  Thank Craig H
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were a large group - on arrival 3 families were moved to other hotel nearby as "repairs" were needed to rooms. 2nd hotel lift stopped dead and cutout while my girlfriend and 3 yr old had fits in the dark. moved to another floor on ground b4 back to original hotel a day later.
We were given a safe + room until checkout for free however.

The food there started OK, then declined rapidly. Once 2 trays of a food had gone, that was it - So a mad rush ensued at meal times. Myself and many others had chips that were reheated an hour b4, kebab meat tepid at best and my favorite was kofta meat RAW in the middle. Pizza was the only safe food to eat!!! - Soup mainly consisted of tomato, then daily putting different veg / noodles and call it another name.

The lager / soft drinks were fine in daytime, once 6.30pm came, the lager was lighter in color and seemed watered down, and the cola/ fanta was flat and tasted like coffee - this was the same throughout the 2 week stay. Others had noticed as well. The water tower for drinks was warmer than the pool, until people complained.

The rooms were adequate for purpose, but air con in bedrooms only - plus the mosque can be heard daily at 4am - very loud if on the back of hotel. I cannot however fault the cleanliness of the rooms and hotel in general. Slides only opened half hour at 3 times daily,no good for kids. I got up at 5am most mornings to get sunbeds and sum shade, and already half the pool was taken!!! The people quota is far greater than the pool area, and very crushed indeed.

Ice creams for the kids came out after dinner approx 8.30pm, then disappears very quickly. More of a chore for the staff. The kids club was poor - face painting and jumping into hoops around the pool. The 9pm half hr dance to music for the kids was the only thing looking forward to for my 3 yr old.

The hotel itself is in a residential area for Turks, and not very accessible for pushchair / wheelchair users with its stairs inside + out, It seems a small hotel which has far exceeded its reach and cannot cope with the daily tasks which other larger hotels cope with daily.
I have been to various areas in Turkey in the last 5 yrs, and for the same star rating, this is by far the poorest attempt I have encountered.

To spend over 2 grand for family of four - I would not board a dog there.

Room Tip: get a pool view, stay away from the rear of hotel, as main road traffic is terrible and the noisy mo...
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday at Big Blue (23/07 - 06/08). We were a party of 4 (2 Adults and girls of 19 and 15). We had two standard rooms were adequately sized and clean, quite basic but functional with a double wardrobe, wc with shower, fridge and tv. The rooms also had a/c which was a god send at night, The staff are fantastic, and kept the Hotel exceptionally clean and ensured we were well looked after with drinks regularly replenished. The only exception we found were the reception staff who did not come over particularly friendly. The food was plentiful, fresh and flavoursome with something for everyone. The pizzas and burgers cooked for snacks were great. The freshly cooked omelettes and pancakes were also very good. The beer on tap was Tuborg which was nicely chilled. The wines were also quite palatable with a choice of white, red and rose. We would definitely recommend the boat trip around the coves and beaches of Alanya and the Jeep Safari which were excellent. Do shop around for the price however as they do vary considerably for the same trip, although differing boats, etc. We booked ours at Fairway travel situated on the main drag into Alanya. The bus service into Alanya was also very good with a flat fare of 2 Turkish Lira. The nearby beach (approx 5 - 8 mins walk) was nice and did not see the need to venture to Kleopatra Beach, although the Hotel did offer a shuttle service going at 10 and 11 every morning. We would definitely look to return as this was exceptional value and of a superb standard as long as you are not expecting a 4/5 star holiday on a 3 star budget. Both the hotel and resort were really nice. It made a nice change for the English to be a minority within a resort.

Room Tip: Standard rooms seem to be located on the top (7th floor). They have a small balcony with a door from...
2  Thank Adam H
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We travelled as a family of 4 (2 kids age 6 & 7), another family of 4 (kids age 16 & 13) and group of 3 (age 76, 66 and 46). We all had a great time.
We stayed in a five star hotel last year and the differences were clear, however so was the price tag, £1200 cheaper so basically you are getting what you pay for. I enjoyed the food most days, sometimes it was exceptional, only once there was nothing there I fancied. Not a great deal of choice but it is a fairly small place so they can't cater for everyone. Breakfast consists mainly of Eggs as you will find in most Muslim countries (ie no sausage & bacon!) and pastries and bread. Snack at the bar starts at 11.30 different each day, burger, pasta, warm cheese roll, large chip type potatoes. Snack again at 3.00 and again it changes every day. If you want somewhere with cheese toasties and pizza available all day this is not for you. Beer is Tuborg, nice drop and not watered down. Place is very clean, there is a shop on site that's well priced, people are generally very friendly and helpful. Two lifts with minds of their own!
On the down side. Kids club was very limited (they cooked biscuits one day, face painting another day), park consisted of a plastic slide, swings and a little seesaw, very disappointing, too small even for a 6 year old. Very little for the older kids to do but our two were happy with the family group, if you had a lone teenager they'd be a bit bored I'd think. Evening entertainment very small scale (2 show in a week which were Turkish dancers, and a belly dancer relying heavily on audience participation. Other nights it was bingo, volunteers from the audience etc).Ice creams are not free which kind of makes the all inclusive pointless - you still need purse/wallet around the pool and dry off to take the kids for an ice cream inside (cheap but not the point). Kids couldn't touch the bottom of the water (lowest depth 140cm apart from toddlers pool which they were too big for). Very difficult to find an English morning paper. We seemed to be in a residential area.... I read a description of the hotel saying there was a "plethora" of shops etc nearby, this is not true, it is not a "touristy" area at all. Air Conditioning only in one room, so whoever is sleeping in the other room is very warm!
Good points.... Very clean, I would say very well organised, really good value for money, majority of my party included the food, good variety of food, fairly quiet (we were there in peak season and there were no 20 minute queues for food), waiter service more or less day and night, extremely trustworthy (we had I-pads, mobiles, money etc lying round our room all the time and it never got touched). It was very pleasant. There were occasional activities to get involved in but there was nobody "in your face". Beach only a five minute walk away. Room included a little kitchen with fridge and kettle. There is a big kids park a one minute walk away (but it's not covered so too hot to use during the day!) Slides were great fun (not on all day but you wouldn't want them to be!)
I wouldn't go back because I prefer to be more central and more focussed on my small kids but I would recommend it to people wanting a fairly quiet break, you can use it as a base (we did a couple of trips, a jeep trip(Sherlock Holmes, good) and a boat trip (read carefully, ours was 6 hours with 3 stops so people could swim in the water, if you didn't want to get in it was a bit boring). One final point is if you are like me and like to soak the last of the sun till 7pm then you can't, you are cleared away from the poolside dot on 6pm so they can set out the dining area (it is a very small complex so it needs to be well organised).
All in all a great break, especially for the money.

Room Tip: Pool view if possible otherwise you will be looking at main road. Or main road view if you don'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kmitchi
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just got back from 10 days break, staff are fantastic and cannot do enough for you, Food is 4 star quality, great choice and coming at you all day. Wood fired Pizza amazing. Proper beer not watered down rubbish. Room are 3 star but that is what you are paying for, fold out bed/sofa is a bit uncomfortable. Slides are good but only run for 3 half hour sessions a day, pools are lovely.
Fight every morning for the sunbeds despite management promises.Not many Brits here or in the resort generally so you will find you get a warm welcome from the locals as English is the second language spoken. Alanya is a beautiful resort take the bus to the town, do a boat trip, enjoy the shopping and the Jeep Safari is a must, fantastic fun.
We are a family of 4 with teenagers, so here is my whinge. I know the laws are different in Turkey but please get into the 21st century and put the smokers in the corner like the rest
of the world. Could not enjoy my food or pool area for smokers! It will be the main consideration when I consider booking next year.

2  Thank WORLE1966