“Nice hotel”

Eftalia Aytur Hotel
Ranked #140 of 373 Hotels in Alanya
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel within 10min walk to the harbour, dinner was ok, buffet style, as was breakfast which was very good. Rooms good size and cleaned every day. Directly across a busy road from the beach. Not a lot of evening entertainment at this hotel so quiet in the evening.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank SussexJan
There are newer reviews for Eftalia Aytur Hotel

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for 5 days and 4 nights the room was really clean we also stayed there the year before last and the location is good and the beach is a 2 minute walk away the whole family enjoyed the food and the variety there was we have also told friends and family about our stay and they have also enjoyed their stay overall the stay was very good and we all enjoyed it

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank YaseminYes
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed one week and hotel was booked via Finnmatkat (TUI Finland), Location of hotel was good because we were on beach holiday. Brakefast was good especially pancakes and fried eggs that were made there. Room was clean and overall nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sleeper_1000
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We liked this hotel a lot. Staff was nice, room small, but with a balcony with a great view. Hotel is just in front of the beach, 10 min walk from city center. Swimming pool bit small, food quaiet good, but almost every day the same. What we really apprecieted is a atmosphere there. From our balkony we saw the the lights of the city and we could hear the songs/priers from local synagog. Really lovely place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alcina C
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked an 'annex' double room so weren't expecting much but it was clean, spacious and modern. The air con was included in the price but it was extra for fridge and safe (to be expected). We found the staff very helpful and friendly but reception staff lacked good English. Buffet meals - repetitive but so much choice that this didn't matter. Close to beach and a few bars and restaurants, a 10 minute walk to harbour and 20 minutes to Cleopatra beach. The hotel grounds were clean and tidy. I found it great value for money, I'd recommend the hotel to anybody and I'd even stay here again (not something I say often!). Photos added.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Pins92
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Recently refurbished rooms clean and spacious - heard that the other rooms are small and dirty.
Food of good quality, lots of variety, but similar meals each night. Very nice fresh fruit and salads.
Hotel staff very grumpy and unfriendly.
We went half board and literally everything extra was charged for - use of fridge in room (which wasn't even that cold and they never bothered to repaired it), drinks by pool, drinks at restaurant (couldn't even bring your own water bottle to drink from!), safety deposit box.
Overall though good vaue for money as was very cheap - in region of £150 for the week.

Room Tip: Choose a recently refurbished room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
11  Thank Smithy_12_12
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We booked this hotel for 10 nights and at the time of booking paid extra to secure a double bed and what was called a "promo room". We arrived at 2am and we were told that we would need to sleep in the downgraded part of the hotel for that night only but the guy at reception assured us that if we came to reception the following morning we would get our room changed.

We went to reception first thing the next morning and the woman on reception told us that the hotel was full and that we wouldn't be getting the room we paid for until 3 days time. I point blank refused and told the woman that it wasn't fair as I had paid extra for that room. She then told me that she would find me a room the next day which meant we had to spend one more night in the downgraded part of the hotel. I relented because at least it wasn't another 3 nights

The room in the downgraded part of the hotel is cramped, the air conditioning broke which meant I didn't sleep and there was no electricity. I actually thought that I had bought the wrong charger as it didn't charge anything but I hadn't because it worked when I got to my new room. There was also no wifi in the downgraded part of the hotel which annoyed me because I wanted to research going out.

This spoiled our first two days because I couldn't relax and unpack and it actually annoyed me.

We then got moved to our new room which was gorgeous and came equipped with everything and was nicely decorated with modern furnishings and a great shower.

Breakfast is fantastic especially the homemade pancakes and the hotel prices are definitely reasonable.

The best thing about this hotel is the location as you are a15 minute walk to the nightlife and there are a good selection of restaurants. The beach is also really handy.

I would have given this hotel 3 stars out of 5 if the situation with the first hotel room hadn't happened or at least if we only had to stay 1 night and not 2. I was also annoyed that reception tried to make me stay in that room for 3 more nights!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple