“Hotel good but people working there not very good”

Sultan Sipahi Resort
Ranked #178 of 374 Hotels in Alanya
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Hotel was good, position perfect - a minute from lovely Cleopatra beach and very close to town center, caste, marine... But the people .... The only people who were nice, pleasant and who did not stare at you as alliens were cleaning ladies and boys at reception. Waiters /apart 1-2/ were not behaving nice and we had some bad experiences when they put ice into drink with their fingers - I did not take the drink and he did not understand why ... And the cats - drinking water from the children pool. When I saw it, I did not let children into it. Cats were also in dining room and when I asked waiter if it is OK, he said, of course it is ... Food was Ok for me, but there were some people who did not like it ... And do not believe to photo service in hotel, they are liers, we ordered photographer, made appointment for taking photos on the beach and he did not come. I asked owner what happened and he told me that he had stomach problems. 5 minutes later I met him at the beach taking photos of different family! So if you are interested in photos, order them in different hotel ... Hotel did not have enough glasses for the guests so when they had no clean glass for etc. beer or wine, they put it into childrens plastic cup ... the same with other drinks, it did not taste from plastic, some people went to the shop to buy glasses and always took them to bar and asked for drinks with their own glasses ...
Conclusion - beach, sea, town Alanya perfect - worth seeing, but choose different hotel, maybe it would be better one than this one ...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pepe989

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Nise price hotel. you get what you pay for.
Staff in bar dont now what or how to make drinks. There is cue for food and drinks..internet is a joke.
But food is OK.allso for gluten alergik the mosed of the days.fod outside is also a choise if you want to eat somthing different
But other wise i can travle back to same hotel due to its position and the cost.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank vikestad
Reviewed March 18, 2012

If you want 5* this is NOT that.

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Sultan Sipahi Resort in Alanya in June of 2011. OK it's taken me a while to write this review but it's probably just as well really.

£430 each for a week of free booze and food, amazing weather, insurance, flights, speedy transfers is NEVER going to be 5* for that price but the deal with lowcostholidays.com was still pretty amazing.

Our advice to you is if you do stay here MAKE SURE you ask for a room in the main building, if like us you get one in the annex (we made the mistake by asking for a sea view) then make sure you move to the main building ASAP. This annex is pants, shoddy and unacceptable ... take it from me there are many much nicer rooms.

The food was lovely and the staff are very friendly and as we were inclusive all of the alcohol and as much of it as you liked was free of course.

The pool area is small and yes you DO have to reserve a sun lounger and you'll need to do it between 7-8:30am or you've had it and you'll have to go to the beach instead.

The hotel has free WIFI which is always a bonus.

This hotel doesn't really cater for Brits (which I actually quite like), only one waiter spoke English, as it was mostly Russians, the Dutch and Scandinavians staying while we were there.

The local town was just a 15 minute walk and the experience of the local knock off chops was always a laugh on the walk into town.

We would go back to Turkey because if you want great and hot weather it's pretty much guaranteed but we wouldn't stay here again ... if you can, spend a few hundred ££ more and get somewhere true 5*.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Framacc
Reviewed December 19, 2011

It was my first holiday to turkey and after been told a lot of things i was not that sure we booked online and the hotel looked amazin from the online pictures.

When we arrived at the hotel it looked lovley from the outside and when walking into the recepiton i was shocked to see it was like walking into a palace sparkly at night. we went to our rooms myself and my parnter had a great view could see the beach and also the hotel next doors pool.

When i was there we were gave a band and were not sure where to sit at breakfast,lunch,dinner,as there was no much signs but we just sat anywhere and with alic it was even better and we went t the pool twice as it was cold.

The rooms were alright nice size and we never had any problems with urs and the maids enjoy making things out of the towels some of the things they made were really good. rooms where cleaned all the time and towels changed.

Within the hotel theres a turkish bath you have to try this well worth it
the grounds at night where all lit up.

The only problem i had with turkey was the men have a thing for blonde women and my parnter would not go anywhere along as they snear at them and make hissing noises.

It might have changed now i was last there in 2009 but won't do back to turkey again.

Room Tip: if you can ask for somthing at the front as the sun shines all day long that side
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank G_Inspector
Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is the first time i have ever reviewed a hotel but i felt the need to due to such a terrible hotel.
Me and my girlfriend just got back from a week there and although Turkey and Alanya was nice, this hotel put a dampner on the holiday.
Rooms - Decor from the 1950s, rock solid beds, bathroom not nice, no hot water whole duration, bed sheets and towels changed twice a week.
Staff - Dont ignore the previous comments they really are ignorant and not very helpful, the reception staff were particularly useless and didnt speak much english as well as the fact if you werent russian they didnt like you
Pool - All i can say is shocking, no sun actually reached around the pool area. Saw one little girl in the pool one day of our whole week there!
Food - I am by no means a fussy eater, but the food was pretty nasty to say the least. Breakfast wasnt to bad, always some kind off eggy stuff and cereal. But lunch and dinner was not good, the fruit and salad had liturally been sitting there during the whole week i was there.

We were the only english people at the hotel, majority were russian, very rude and ignorant people.

I read the reviews before booking this hotel and still booked it, please do not make the same mistake.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Neil S
Reviewed October 8, 2011

me and my fiance spent an amazing week in Sultan Sipahi! Last year I stayed in Bodrum and I promised myself never come back to Turkey as I didn't enjoy it at all. However my fiance, who has already stayed in Sipahi 3 years ago, convinced me to give Turkey one more chance. God bless him! He was right! I've fallen in love with Alanya and the hotel was an excellent choice! Although I was quite unsure after having read some awful reviews, I trusted my fiance. Of course I agree, Alanya is not an English resort and most of the tourists are from Germany, Poland, Russia or Czech Republic but it's not a typical English holiday resort, but it's not a reason to complain. I was wondering why there were so many negative reviews from the Britons. I figured it out - food! There was a wonderful choice of Mediterranean food for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Plenty of fresh salad, vegs, fruits, local cheeses, cakes and so on! I am fussy in terms of food but I was delighted! That's why there are no too many Britons as this kind of food is not their favourite. Some people complained about the staff. Maybe some of the staff were quite slow and didn't keep smile on their faces, but you must remember, that they work non stop from May to October without a day off! Actually we felt sorry for most of them as it's a hard work to work 7 days a week, 18 hours a day, 6 months without a proper break when outside is over 30 degrees... If you expect to be served, sorry this hotel is not for you. The hotels itself is well maintained and clean. The bedrooms are big enough equipped with a fridge and air con (for free). Room service was very good - towels and bedding were changed very often. The location was brilliant as you literally are in a town center where you have few steps to a lovely beach. For people who don't like the sea (for some reasons) - you can swim in the hotel pool and relax on the sunbeds - if you lucky as most of the sunbeds are already ''reserved'' by some weird people leaving their towels on them.
In general, we had a wonderful holiday in Alanya and Sultan Sipahi. We definitely will come back there next year! We don't regret a thing!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sylvia18
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Myself and friends stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks from the mid to end of September 2011. I had read previously a few reviews before going about how rude the staff were in this hotel but thought surely not they can't possibly be that rude but believe me I was in for a shock because they really were. I have never written a bad review in the past before either, but this Hotel should not be allowed to carry on the way it does. In all my life no matter what country I have been in and what place I have stayed at I have not experienced anything like the way the staff treat you here which was just like dirt. We all thought it was because we were English but having spoken to a few other English or Dutch residents who were staying in the hotel they too had also received the same disgusting treatment. The hotel mainly consisted of Germans and it appeared to us that they seemed to get far better treatment than us. If you went to the bar to get a drink we were ignored by the staff but as soon as a German came up to the bar they got served straight away and they were allowed to even cue jump. As for the entertainment, What entertainment, there wasn't any other than one night in two weeks there wasn't even any music on in the evenings we had to supply our own so don't be fooled by their so called entertainment programme because its not existent when we complaint about it we got told its the end of season, they should state that on their web site if that is the case, in fact the guy who was playing a bit of music in the first week actually left while we was there he told us he had enough of the place. Also watch out for the way they try to trick you if you purchase your sun bed ticket and umbrella at reception you get it a bit cheaper than buying on it on the beach and if you are up early enough to hope to get a front row bed in front of the sea the guys who work the beach want you to pay them more money. We complained to the reception girl and made her come down to the beach to confront these guys who where adamant to us that they wanted more money to sit there from us, they told the reception girl that they had reserved all those beds for hotel next door have you ever heard such rubbish even though she told them they should not do it, the next day they were at their same tricks again. We mainly went to the beach to sun bath as the hotel itself was shaded by the building and hence not a lot of sun by the sun beds there was also so few sun beds to the amount of people staying at this hotel and the beds were pushed together like sardines in the a tin. The food in this place it was totally naff, there served up the same deserts every day for the whole two weeks which became rather boring after a week, and the main meals itself looked like pigs swill the only decent meal each day for me was breakfast time where I could at least eat boiled eggs, scrambled eggs or an omelette from the show cooking. Talking of the show cooking I had asked the large chef one morning for a cheese and tomato omelette as I didn't like the meat that was in the tin along with the cheese for the omelettes which didn't seem to be too much of a problem for him, he chopped up a few bits of tomato and put it in the omelette as there was a chopping board and a tin of tomatoes about a foot away from him. A few days later a young guy of about 20 years old was doing the show cooking and told me NO its not allowed I can't have a cheese and tomato omelette he was trying to force me into having a meat and cheese one which I told him I don't like, he was so rude and totally blanking me so I went to reception to make a complaint to the manager about him and to ask what is the tomato chopped up for on the chopping board if its not to put in the omelettes after having to create such a fuss they finally cooked me my omelette in the kitchen downstairs and I was told its a one off this time of them doing it and this is supposed to be a 4 / 5 star hotel. Next thing you know there was a whole tin of chopped up tomatoes for everyone to have and I know for a fact they would not have done that if it wasn't for me having to make a serious complaint about it and the young rude guy on the show cooking, it seemed everything was too much trouble for most of the staff in this place to do anything for you that you asked and I could not believe the arrogance of this young chef if I had run that place I would have sacked him on the spot. The hotel wasn't that clean either and the self service drinks machines were constantly running out even when you told the staff the water has run out or whatever you would then have to wait ages for them to change the bottle. Also if you get up early in the mornings as we often did and hope to get a coffee out of the coffee machine downstairs don't bother before 7.30am as you will get told by the staff NO not till 7.30am and won't turn on the machines until then. It was the same in the toilets as the drink machines if it was n't the soap, paper towels or something was always running out. Do take a tip from me, and don't ignore this or other peoples reviews on this hotel like I did. I would never stay at this place again and have never been to such a badly run place, having said all that, Alanya is a lovely place to stay and visit so don't be put off going to the area but next time I would go self catering where you get treated the way you would expect while eating out and being a fully paying customer. One of the Essex Girls.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends