“Perfect family hotel! Less good for couples!”
Review of Beach Club Doganay

Beach Club Doganay
Ranked #54 of 372 Hotels in Alanya
Aalborg
“Perfect family hotel! Less good for couples!”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

A really nice hotel with a good location and service.You eat well, there are many different dishes and desserts!There are a lot of activities all the time for children.There could be a little more entertainment for young couples.It is a very family friendly hotel where children are brought into focus most of the time.If you want a romantic love holiday for two people.Would we do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1234Aalborg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Det luktet kloak på rommet, stranden var elendig for oss med barn, mye røyking og drikking og ikke spesielt god service. Upersonlig.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ferie085
Slovakia
Reviewed August 1, 2010

30.07.2010 We returned from a family holiday in Turkey. We were staying at a 5 * Hotel Doganay. As to the accommodation we had no reservations. A nice room from balcony, 2 + 1 extra bed. In the bathroom hairdryer, kettle, bath, individual air conditioning, TV just everything ok. Food - very good and tasty, especially a great choice. Roll bar vegetarian, lover of meat, fruit, but we must not forget the very sweet desserts. Who does not love anything so sweet. The hotel has two swimming pools with salt water front and back with three tobogánmy with fresh water. The back pool is the pool bar is open from 10:00 am .. Podávajúv it all soft drinks, including express self-service, on request, and a waiter poured the drink as well as burgers, fries, hot dog, baked potatoes (I recommend these to taste, really they can prepare). Go to the beach from the hotel private road underneath nicely laid through the tunnel. The beach is a restaurant, where, from 11:00 pm. served local specialties like pizza, kebab, Turkish bread and other goodies. Personally, I am with my family nechodieval for lunch in the hotel restaurant, but we only had lunch on the beach. which goes to the beach, give me a little hinder access to the sea, it was necessary to enter the water through the rocks quite slippery. It is actually some big stone plate on which the stones, but after some time we have come, but the water can get through the pier. The hotel complex has done us quite a good impression, I would recommend to parents with small children.

1 Thank mpepe
Sandefjord, Norway
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I can totally recomend Doganay for all my friends!!:) This hotel is the best I have ever been too. This is the place you wanna go to with your boyfriend og for a girl's only vacation if your single. The food is excellent, the hotel is excellent and the bar is open 24 hours!! :D All though they have a 24 hour bar+++ this is not a place where you get anoyed by partying, bechause they are wery strikted with their rules, and quiet partying is the answer:) Therefore I think this is allso a place where I whould go with my 2 kids. The pools (there are many) are wery nice, and it is not much traffic, actually no traffic inside the hotel area, exceppt for those who delivers "stuff", and other kinds of "working cars", cab's and so on.

I think that the people that works there where a little bit "annoying" at times, but clearly I understand that their goal is to see too that their customers are having fun, and they are trying wery hard too make that happen. I'm no big fan of games by the pool and so on, so I find that a BIT irritating, but thats all I have to complane about.

Do doubt for me!! Doganay get's a "10" in my rating <3<3

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 29, 2010

This Hotel is a five star, their service is perfect, the food, staff and waiters were really great, their animationteam rocks.
Very nice big rooms and very prober cleaning every day and great balcony´s. Absolutly a visit worth trying, a great memory from Alanya.
To many russians, can´t blame the hotel for that.
As I say to my friends in my network, this one is one for the book, try it;o)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Nikolinesmor
Newcastle
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Some of the previous reviews surprise me. I stayed here for a week with my cousin, we holiday together as that way we can afford it. I am vegetarian and generally food is my main complaint. However, whilst it wasn't madly exciting, I found that I managed quite well with the food on offer here. The rooms were cleaned every day but we were expected to provide our own soaps and shampoos - I see no problem with that! The main area were very nicely laid out and comfortable. The bars were a bit too smoke-filled for our liking, even though my cousin is a smoker! However, there was a very nice area just outside the main reception where we could sit and have a drink and my cousin could smoke without it being too uncomfortable for me. I found that the staff were pleasant and friendly if one made the effort to speak to them. Reception were very helpful. The only downside to the hotel was that there were many Russians there and the "word on the street" was that there was some business going on that would normally be in a more "specialised house". The Russian guests were rather noisy and had no concept of queuing for anything. Quite reminiscent of the way we used to describe German guests at one time but without the deckchair towel syndrome. The Russian Girls there were particular "glamourous". However, what ever was going on was not carried out in any public way so no one was really offended by it. I am being a little careful with my wording here. None of this interefered with our enjoyment of the holiday.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank RobbieBF
Staffordshire
Reviewed July 9, 2010

To start with before booking our holiday to this hotel we looked on tripadvisor, looked at all the reviews and decided to go for it, thinking that the bad reviews would have just been made by overly fussy people and it must be okay it is a 5* after all.... how wrong could we have been.

This was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in.... after the 3 and a half hour transfer we were dumped in this poor excuse for a hotel. Nevertheless we decided to get to the room and look around before making any rash descicions after all a holiday is what you make it right? Our room was a disgrace, wallpaper and plaster falling off the walls, door lock broke so wecouldnt leave the room until someone came to fix it, water coming out the shower was almost brown, balcony falling apart to name just a few faults with the room.
We then went to have a wonder around the hotel, as we walked up some stairs in the grounds of the hotel my partner fell and cut all his leg open, the stairs were water logged with no warning sign or anything warning of the hazard, a member of staff who had witnessed the incident walked off without any offer of help, this was a sign to come about the poor management and service.

We went down to dinner at 7.15, we had to stand and wait for half hour before we could find a table which we had to share with other guests, something you do not expect from a 5* hotel. They had 1 meat on offer which was chicken, which we had to queue outside next to the pool to get, we queued for a total of 25mins to get some and when we returned inside the waiter had given our table to someone else. There is only 1 bar where you can get alcoholic drinks which is inside....once again you have to queue upwards of 20 minutes...... The hotel does not have the facilities to cater for the ammount of guests and the management seem to do everything in their power to make sure you do not make the most of your all inclusive.

At this point i was in tears, i immediatly returned to the room and rang our travel agent and begged them to move us at whatever cost we were desperate. The next day credit to co-op travel there manager rang us to try and help , when we described our experiences he was disgusted and said he would send someone out immediatly to perform an incident report concerning my partners fall the day before, he instructed us to give our phone number and details to reception so that when the rep came to do the incident report he would be able to contact us. We were annoyed to find that no rep came all day and so rang co-op travel to find out why. We then discovered that the rep had come but reception had refused to give him the contact details we had handed in.

We stayed 3 nights before being moved, on discovery that we were being moved the hotel management were very rude they refused to help us with our luggage, which i was struggling with, as i was trying to bring them all down myself as my partner was struggling with his leg.

I know this is a long review but i do not want anyone to go here, i cant imagine why anyone would have given this hotel a good review.

I cannot comprehend how it can be a 5* when you compare it to other 5* hotels in Turkey, we have been to Turkey a sum of 11 times staying in so we know hotels in Turkey well...this is at best a 3* hotel. Please please please do not think that you are getting a good deal " a 5* hotel and it's not that expensive" it is NOT 5*.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple